PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed

silentjourneyhome
06-06-2018, 06:28 PM
Today I made a brief visit to the S24 site to locate the goalkeeping thread (re Joe Hart) that Rod had referred to. I came across a thread called ‘Forums from days gone by’.

Bladesmad gets absolutely slated. If Roy was to do a ‘view from’ picking out the posts about us you wouldn’t be pleased. There is only Grayblade and Blade66 with anything good to say about us. Even the mods come in for criticism.

I accept that Foxy and Linzy have done an excellent job and they have far more traffic than us nowadays. After all we are a busted flush full of idiots and bullies according to them.

I’ve often muted the idea of an inter forum quiz. It seems even more of a good idea now so that they can tell us face to face what they think of us.

Their comments are somewhat disappointing and uncalled for - after all we’re all Blades aren’t we?

GrayBlade
06-06-2018, 07:00 PM
Today I made a brief visit to the S24 site to locate the goalkeeping thread (re Joe Hart) that Rod had referred to. I came across a thread called ‘Forums from days gone by’.

Bladesmad gets absolutely slated. If Roy was to do a ‘view from’ picking out the posts about us you wouldn’t be pleased. There is only Grayblade and Blade66 with anything good to say about us. Even the mods come in for criticism.

I accept that Foxy and Linzy have done an excellent job and they have far more traffic than us nowadays. After all we are a busted flush full of idiots and bullies according to them.

I’ve often muted the idea of an inter forum quiz. It seems even more of a good idea now so that they can tell us face to face what they think of us.

Their comments are somewhat disappointing and uncalled for - after all we’re all Blades aren’t we?

The vast majority of the posts were made in 2013-15 Silent. Somebody has resurrected the thread.

That said, I know a lot of people who tried to get into Bladesmad back in the day and for one reason or another couldn’t. I loved it’s edge personally and still do, but there aren’t enough regular posters now to make it a viable option to S24 for many Blades.

It was the idiotic owners of Footymad network killed off its all forums including BM (almost) their incompetence showed no bounds, and even now as I’ve signed into this site, my iPad displayed the message “This website is not secure” so it’s not getting any better.

BlockD
06-06-2018, 07:18 PM
Bring on the inter forum quiz,early seventies pop,I bow to no man or woman(anything after 1989 and lm snookered)

Ayamonteblade
06-06-2018, 07:24 PM
Bring on the inter forum quiz,early seventies pop,I bow to no man or woman(anything after 1989 and lm snookered)

bollox to em..........once a Bladesmadder.................always a Bladesmadder ;)

GrayBlade
06-06-2018, 07:40 PM
bollox to em..........once a bladesmadder.................always a bladesmadder ;)

Language Timothy!

BlockD
06-06-2018, 07:43 PM
Language Timothy!

I’m actually appalled Mr G,it’s like hearing the Queen trump,shocks you to the core,Aya swearing

FatherKnowsBest
06-06-2018, 07:58 PM
When BladesUnited closed suddenly, I was left homeless, and I looked at S2 and BladesMad. BM looked a bit scary, lairy, and a bit too shall we say, confrontational, so I went on S2. Unfortunately it also coincided with a particularly tough time personally, and as my depression deepened, it became a destructive habit, and I had to give it up. Anyway when I became reasonably well again, and I looked at both forums again, I found that BM had changed completely. I see this now as the 'House of Lords' to the rough and tumble of the Commons. There are a few fall outs but generally its sensible and measured and we all try to debate the issues without a lot of ungentlemanly conduct. I read S2, very much enjoy some of the posters, but so long as my ad blocker is turned on, I'm happy here.

bladesmad
06-06-2018, 08:36 PM
I appreciate that it is a case of long time no see from the editor of this website. I can only apologies for my lack of absence but the last 18 months or so has been very difficult for me too. I know have a 10 month old baby Bladette and my partner went through a difficult pregnancy. With all this I barely had time to update the main website let alone the Message Board.

At times I have contemplated quiting the site and either gibing up something which I love (writing about United) or setting up an Independent site. Other than family life some of this decision is also due to the network which has seen other editors leave (most recently Derby). I too have been approached by other sites.

Needless to say I have decided to remain as editor of Blades-Mad. I started doing this in 2002 and at the moment do not intend to give it up.

As for S24SU. It's a forum and not a website. They might occasionally report Academy news but they barely feature first team information and they too have adverts on there site when (as an independent site) its not necessary.

I too miss the golden age of Blades-Mad where this board had hundreds of posts a day but times have changed. The boards have improved since they changed over to the vbulletin boards but it lacks the interest it once had.

It's fantastic that the old guard are still around and enjoy posting on this site. I should do more to promote it but if anyone has any ideas then please let me know.

herbert
06-06-2018, 08:41 PM

No. We hate each other. United in name only.

Any comments about the old mods are probably justified though. Especially f**cking 'Gizmo'.

Holden_C
06-06-2018, 09:58 PM
I think herbert has it right.

Most of the slagging was tongue in cheek by ex blades madders anyway, who left because of the reasons Gray gives.

rodcurrie
07-06-2018, 06:03 AM
I’m actually appalled Mr G,it’s like hearing the Queen trump,shocks you to the core,Aya swearingMonte had obvs seen thee swearin at me on another thread and thought it was ok to do so ya silly mare.:)I must admit the like "hearin the Queen trump" quip med me chuckle tho.:D By the way how the hell wud you know what the Queens trumps sound like? UTCB

rodcurrie
07-06-2018, 06:06 AM
I appreciate that it is a case of long time no see from the editor of this website. I can only apologies for my lack of absence but the last 18 months or so has been very difficult for me too. I know have a 10 month old baby Bladette and my partner went through a difficult pregnancy. With all this I barely had time to update the main website let alone the Message Board.

At times I have contemplated quiting the site and either gibing up something which I love (writing about United) or setting up an Independent site. Other than family life some of this decision is also due to the network which has seen other editors leave (most recently Derby). I too have been approached by other sites.

Needless to say I have decided to remain as editor of Blades-Mad. I started doing this in 2002 and at the moment do not intend to give it up.

As for S24SU. It's a forum and not a website. They might occasionally report Academy news but they barely feature first team information and they too have adverts on there site when (as an independent site) its not necessary.

I too miss the golden age of Blades-Mad where this board had hundreds of posts a day but times have changed. The boards have improved since they changed over to the vbulletin boards but it lacks the interest it once had.

It's fantastic that the old guard are still around and enjoy posting on this site. I should do more to promote it but if anyone has any ideas then please let me know.I hope your family's ok nar mi owd,best wishes to our new BLADETTE and your lass.UTCB

boltonblade
07-06-2018, 10:23 AM
This is the better of the forums for me......i came here and never left or flirted with any other. I'm By no means a regular poster but enjoy the topics raised and the friendly/heated debates.

Ayamonteblade
07-06-2018, 11:23 AM
I’m actually appalled Mr G,it’s like hearing the Queen trump,shocks you to the core,Aya swearing

not if its spelt with an X ...........anyways - apologies if any offence caused O:)

diode_blade
07-06-2018, 01:54 PM
I Love this this board and I also like going on S2, first started going on a blades forum back in 97/98 (sheeeesh dial up modems ehhhh XD and huge telephone bills but then again i would just nip down to the old hallam uni psalter lane site and use theirs), don't have a problem with S2, use it to keep track of blades stuff as I do on here, don't have any problem with anyone on either board apart from "green button pressers", (you know who you are!!!! :D), plus I know a lot of people who just read this board and S2 board who come into the chatroom on matchdays/nights.
I liked Josteins site when he set that up...shame it didn't work out really.
Anyways onwards and upwards....good job this site don't bounce......

bladesmad
07-06-2018, 06:50 PM
I hope your family's ok nar mi owd,best wishes to our new BLADETTE and your lass.UTCB

Thank you. Much appreciated.

My family are doing grand and I look forward to taking her to the Lane when she is old enough :)

diode_blade
08-06-2018, 05:34 AM
Thank you. Much appreciated.

My family are doing grand and I look forward to taking her to the Lane when she is old enough :)

Nice one BM, watch out though when little un starts bouncing.... :D

Here's a poster for her wall to keep her quiet...:)

bladesmad
08-06-2018, 05:55 AM

Hahaha yes. I love it :)

BlockD
08-06-2018, 06:25 AM

Them arrogant idiots payed £6 million for that clown pulling his shirt over his head,the one on the left is I believe,the one Brooksy showed up,I also note a little midfield maestro in the background.

Happy Friday folks

BlockD
08-06-2018, 06:31 AM
https://f1.media.brightcove.com/8/2128085001/2128085001_5588120889001_5588113781001-vs.jpg?pubId=2128085001&videoId=5588113781001

rodcurrie
08-06-2018, 06:48 AM
https://f1.media.brightcove.com/8/2128085001/2128085001_5588120889001_5588113781001-vs.jpg?pubId=2128085001&videoId=5588113781001BROOKSY med him look a r8 Jack Hunt dint he?XDXDXDXD I can't believe how many i've seen on different forums sayin they dunt think BROOKSY's owt special,no doubt when he does get sold they'll be the ones slammin the club the most for sellin.When i was at Oakwell last season i heard one fella sayin he shunt even have been in the squad?Whilst i do believe everyone's entitled to their views some fans obvs have a different view on the game to me. UTCB

BlockD
08-06-2018, 06:55 AM
BROOKSY med him look a r8 Jack Hunt dint he?XDXDXDXD I can't believe how many i've seen on different forums sayin they dunt think BROOKSY's owt special,no doubt when he does get sold they'll be the ones slammin the club the most for sellin.When i was at Oakwell last season i heard one fella sayin he shunt even have been in the squad?Whilst i do believe everyone's entitled to their views some fans obvs have a different view on the game to me. UTCB

Was it one of your idiotic Dingle mates saying that about the Boy Wonder,I refuse to believe a Unitedite would make such a comment about David

rodcurrie
08-06-2018, 07:03 AM
Was it one of your idiotic Dingle mates saying that about the Boy Wonder,I refuse to believe a Unitedite would make such a comment about DavidI'd luv to introduce thee to owd Roma off Barnsley mad,just to see how tha'd wimp away from callin him a idiot to his face ya plank and in answer to your question no it was a BLADE.It's almost as silly as a BLADE callin Gerrin McGinn a top player or Mc(Cafu)mahon the best full back outside the prem,;)But it teks all sorts i spose dunt it? UTCB

BlockD
08-06-2018, 07:15 AM
I'd luv to introduce thee to owd Roma off Barnsley mad,just to see how tha'd wimp away from callin him a idiot to his face ya plank and in answer to your question no it was a BLADE.It's almost as silly as a BLADE callin Gerrin McGinn a top player or Mc(Cafu)mahon the best full back outside the prem,;)But it teks all sorts i spose dunt it? UTCB

Is he another one who bowed down to Maggie ?

rodcurrie
08-06-2018, 07:30 AM
Is he another one who bowed down to Maggie ?Aint ya got train schedules to balls up Mr Beechin?XD Bowed darn to the witch.XD Do try and mek it to the next Barnsley U/23 game at Stocky it wud be so funny to see thi squirm when i told owd Roma who ya are Mr Wimpy.XD UTCB

BlockD
08-06-2018, 07:44 AM
Aint ya got train schedules to balls up Mr Beechin?XD Bowed darn to the witch.XD Do try and mek it to the next Barnsley U/23 game at Stocky it wud be so funny to see thi squirm when i told owd Roma who ya are Mr Wimpy.XD UTCB

Im bricking it,the thought of meeting somebody else who ran away at Orgreave,is he another one as daft as you,still believes in King Arthur?

You heard on the radio about Rod Stewarts lad and Sheffield Steelers?

rodcurrie
08-06-2018, 12:29 PM
Im bricking it,the thought of meeting somebody else who ran away at Orgreave,is he another one as daft as you,still believes in King Arthur?

You heard on the radio about Rod Stewarts lad and Sheffield Steelers?Run away at Orgreave?XD Mi thinks tha spendin too much time conversin wi your piggy pal Mcpigultyt cos tha startin to tell almost as many lies.:)I'll tek it tha'll not be at the Barnsley U/23 game then Mr Hardcase.XD I aint listened to Radio Sheff for a week or two as i told thi when tha wer on abart Barnsley's new boss.Has tha got dem trains runnin r8 yet? UTCB

BlockD
08-06-2018, 12:56 PM
Run away at Orgreave?XD Mi thinks tha spendin too much time conversin wi your piggy pal Mcpigultyt cos tha startin to tell almost as many lies.:)I'll tek it tha'll not be at the Barnsley U/23 game then Mr Hardcase.XD I aint listened to Radio Sheff for a week or two as i told thi when tha wer on abart Barnsley's new boss.Has tha got dem trains runnin r8 yet? UTCB

Bring Jud,and your other colliery mates to the u23s,I will show them a ballot box,and they will all do what you did that day at Orgreave,leg it

rodcurrie
08-06-2018, 01:03 PM
Bring Jud,and your other colliery mates to the u23s,I will show them a ballot box,and they will all do what you did that day at Orgreave,leg itDem trains get dem trains runnin r8 Mr Keyboard hardman .XD Tha does talk aload of Ballots Benny.Has tha seen the prem's to get a winter break? League cup games are to scrap extra time and go straight to pens in the event of a draw.UTCB

BlockD
08-06-2018, 01:06 PM
Dem trains get dem trains runnin r8 Mr Keyboard hardman .XD Tha does talk aload of Ballots Benny.Has tha seen the prem's to get a winter break? League cup games are to scrap extra time and go straight to pens in the event of a draw.UTCB

Trains are running very well today ,not so good if you want a train for Norwich,but I have no sympathy with those time wasters.

They should scrap the League Cup IMO

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
08-06-2018, 01:59 PM
At it again you two.

rodcurrie
08-06-2018, 03:17 PM
Trains are running very well today ,not so good if you want a train for Norwich,but I have no sympathy with those time wasters.

They should scrap the League Cup IMOWhy scrap the League Cup? I think we've a r8 chance of winnin it this season.Oh my word Blockmods daftness is startin to rub off on mi.:)Cooky sez THE BLADES are gunna continue to produce a Match Day Programme(Yay) UTCB

Ayamonteblade
08-06-2018, 04:18 PM
At it again you two.

XD that's just how I imagine them

diode_blade
08-06-2018, 05:14 PM
XD that's just how I imagine them

lmfao...to me to you.....

rodcurrie
09-06-2018, 05:59 AM
lmfao...to me to you.....Wrong partner for BlockBennymod mate,his chuckle bro partner is Marvin(Holden):D Monte BlockBenny looks way older than Waldorf&Statler.:) UTCB