PDA

View Full Version : Tonights England match, at Elland road

Acido
07-06-2018, 08:55 PM
Hey well done to everybody who is at that friendly match tonight against Costa Rica, the atmosphere has been impressive and Ive especially enjoyed hearing the "Yorkshire, Yorkshire" chants. ;)

I didn't think fans would bother as it was only a friendly against a so caled 'lesser' team, but maybe we should be holding more England matches in our northern stadiums ?.

leedsutdman
08-06-2018, 11:17 AM
Only good things being said about it on talksport today. Feeling that atmosphere must have been a first for some of those PL players. 😂

claw84
08-06-2018, 11:27 AM
Very good atmosphere, Acido is right should have some England matches in the North, and I live in the South.

By the way excellent attacking game.

spaldy
08-06-2018, 11:52 AM
Costa Rica is not really a “lesser team”

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
08-06-2018, 12:06 PM
Who knew Rodney Wallace was Costa Rican lol

BenidormBlanco
08-06-2018, 04:04 PM
watched the game with a Costa Rican last night, was trying to explain to him the merits of the "real Rodney Wallace"

Acido
08-06-2018, 07:52 PM
Costa Rica is not really a “lesser team”

Well, by lesser I mean they don't exactly have a 'big draw' about them do they when it comes to a friendly. They are an improving team admittedly and they taught us and Italy and Uruguay a few lessons in the last world cup of course.

And Claw, does the Den ever stage any England games, at any level ?.

alfinyalcabo
08-06-2018, 08:30 PM
Nice to hear Nick Popes name being chanted behind the goals when he came on.. B)

Acido
08-06-2018, 08:41 PM
Who is he Alf ?. :O

By the way have we all noticed them bringing in this new Nations cup thing later this year, which will go a long way towards effectively scrapping friendlies in the long run.
We/England are in the 3 team group with Spain & Croatia.

claw84
09-06-2018, 09:36 AM
Well, by lesser I mean they don't exactly have a 'big draw' about them do they when it comes to a friendly. They are an improving team admittedly and they taught us and Italy and Uruguay a few lessons in the last world cup of course.

And Claw, does the Den ever stage any England games, at any level ?.

Acido, we had one under 21 England game and the English women played at the Den once, who is your new manager by the way?

Acido
09-06-2018, 06:07 PM
We've staged some younger internationals at Oakwell over the years, ohh and there was even a RL game involving Wakey Trinity once!.
As for our new German coach, hes Daniel Stendel (and no Ive never heard of him either). ;)

CalverleyBoy
09-06-2018, 09:49 PM
We've staged some younger internationals at Oakwell over the years, ohh and there was even a RL game involving Wakey Trinity once!.
As for our new German coach, hes Daniel Stendel (and no Ive never heard of him either). ;)

I'll bet Mrs Stendel (if there if one) is really pleased at the prospect of leaving Hannover for Barnsley; I'm guessing she'll stay put in Germany

Acido
09-06-2018, 10:11 PM
How do you know hes moving to Burnsley eh Cal, he might be squatting in lovely Bradford instead. ;D
His sacking at Hannnover Fc seems unfair because he and his team were 4th at the time, and promotion was definitely still on the cards. It was a takeover and new owners etc I think, who simply wanted their own man in.

CalverleyBoy
09-06-2018, 10:31 PM
How do you know hes moving to Burnsley eh Cal, he might be squatting in lovely Bradford instead. ;D
His sacking at Hannnover Fc seems unfair because he and his team were 4th at the time, and promotion was definitely still on the cards. It was a takeover and new owners etc I think, who simply wanted their own man in.

I am guessing he won't move into either and probably rent a place in the back of beyond

Acido
09-06-2018, 10:36 PM
The back of beyond... ahh you mean Sheffield. ;D

Anyway back to my OP, were any fans on this board there for the England game the other night. I do hope the FA keep this in mind and stage more games in in future the midlands, and in Yorkshire & Lancashire, and in the north east as well.

CalverleyBoy
10-06-2018, 08:28 PM
The back of beyond... ahh you mean Sheffield. ;D

Anyway back to my OP, were any fans on this board there for the England game the other night. I do hope the FA keep this in mind and stage more games in in future the midlands, and in Yorkshire & Lancashire, and in the north east as well.

One of our posters would have been there as he moved in some years ago with the ground cat.