PDA

View Full Version : OT - The immigrant photo that rocked the US was a partial fake

tarquinbeech
22-06-2018, 06:11 PM
Once again, the more gullible on here, and around the World are sucked into a fake story.....and apparently donated £13 million to charity ffs.....this picture, apparently of a mother being separated from her daughter at the border was nothing of the sort.

The mother abandoned her other 3 older kids, and the kids father, in Honduras (without telling them) and "made a run for the US border with a baby"......apparently a standard sympathy ploy....in my own "English Guy in Mexico" videos posted 2 years ago, Miriam, a qualified Mexican doctor, and I discussed this very same con trick.

Once at the border, she set down the child from breast-feeding, and immediately the child started screaming with the mother declaring "she is just tired"....the border guards offered sympathy but were told the toddler was fine....a photographer snaps a pic and the world goes mental.

Some of you liberal lefties need to get a serious grip on reality.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44578339

tarquinbeech
22-06-2018, 06:25 PM
Once again, the more gullible on here, and around the World are sucked into a fake story.....and apparently donated £13 million to charity ffs.....this picture, apparently of a mother being separated from her daughter at the border was nothing of the sort.

The mother abandoned her other 3 older kids, and the kids father, in Honduras (without telling them) and "made a run for the US border with a baby"......apparently a standard sympathy ploy....in my own "English Guy in Mexico" videos posted 2 years ago, Miriam, a qualified Mexican doctor, and I discussed this very same con trick.

Once at the border, she set down the child from breast-feeding, and immediately the child started screaming with the mother declaring "she is just tired"....the border guards offered sympathy but were told the toddler was fine....a photographer snaps a pic and the world goes mental.

Some of you liberal lefties need to get a serious grip on reality.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44578339

....oh yes, and apparently managed to pay $6,000 to a smuggler to get her across the border.

I know of several people here in the small Mexican town where I live, south of the Texas border, that have illegally crossed the border, made a small fortune by Mexican standards, built a nice house here by sending money home, clothed and housed their families in their absence....and returned 6 or 7 years later with a nice Ford Lobo and are set up for life.........HONESTLY.

One of the supermarkets here has a "cash collection point" for overseas cheques.....the queue is frigging enormous on a Saturday morning......30 or 40 people continuously joining and leaving the payout desk, more people than are in the entire store shopping......the first time I was in Soriano, I joined the queue thinking it was free beer or tequila!!

frenchmagpie
22-06-2018, 06:52 PM
Ooooh. So the whole putting kids in cages thing was a fake and Trump signed an executive order for no reason. Good to know. Where's the rolling eyes emoticon when you need it.

navypie
22-06-2018, 07:04 PM
And in Europe. If the Italians do get tough , the first photo of a kid floating in the Med will be a dream for the smugglers.

MagpieTony
22-06-2018, 07:07 PM
Ooooh. So the whole putting kids in cages thing was a fake and Trump signed an executive order for no reason. Good to know. Where's the rolling eyes emoticon when you need it.

The kids in cages photo was from 2014. Trump has given the liberals just what they asked for so there's no need for them to whinge now is there? Now the authorities can verify if the children are actually the offspring of the adults or merely being used or trafficked. It will also enable more expedient extradition should that be the course of action decided upon. An all round win win scenario.

tarquinbeech
22-06-2018, 08:19 PM

June 18th 2014....a Democrat Obama policy reported by the Arizona Central at the time......Trump has finally stepped in to end the barbaric practises of a previous left-wing administration....well done Trump

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/immigration/2014/06/18/arizona-immigrant-children-holding-area-tour/10780449/

Elite_Pie
22-06-2018, 09:32 PM
I got back home today and just this minute heard on the BBC news that around 2,000 children have been separated from their parents. I don't know if that's Donald's legendary 'fake news' or not, but to me it seems a barbaric way to treat little kids. I wonder what our resident 'fake Christians' think?

AltyPie
22-06-2018, 10:34 PM

Whether they arrived accompanied or not, can you explain how the conditions the kids have been kept in recently differ from those under Obama? If the conditions aren't different, why have you started shouting about it now?

I'm also still waiting for a reply to my question to you (on the Tory Block thread) about your opinion on supermarkets selling non-stunned Halal meat after you suggested those who support fox hunting "disgust most progressive thinkers". Do supermarkets that sell non-stun also "disgust most progressive thinkers", and if not, why not?

tarquinbeech
23-06-2018, 01:05 AM
I got back home today and just this minute heard on the BBC news that around 2,000 children have been separated from their parents. I don't know if that's Donald's legendary 'fake news' or not, but to me it seems a barbaric way to treat little kids. I wonder what our resident 'fake Christians' think?

Nice to see you back, though in all honesty...it feels like you were never away!

The Don is not my favourite guy, but he is fighting a losing battle on immigration....you can never stop people "making a run for the border" when the wages to the North are $10 per hour and to the South are $2 PER DAY...a woman with a small child is, IMO, much more likely to get help and sympathy and a lot LESS likely to get robbed, mugged, raped or killed than a single woman....apparently the bandidos are occasionally known to have a touch of common human decency, though the amount of bodies that you find lying around, even in Tarkersville, would lead one to think otherwise.

So hundreds and thousands of woman and kids, not all blood-related, make the trek......afaik, Trump has been using the "rules of engagement" previously adopted by the Obama regime (you remember the guy? Black American elected on a wave of political Liberal-Lefty fervour that went on to become the unofficial "deporter-in-chief" of immigrants despite being of Kenyan ancestory)

The Liberal-lefty press have had a field-day, even using 2014 pics to get their message across, to the point that the guys in Trumpistan have asked the tough guy leading the party to back down......he has....full stop.....families are now being re-united.

We now move the circus on....Trump is slapping a 20% tariff on EU cars...luckily the Brits have half a toenail out of the door, though, at this rate, several of the MAD oldies will be dead of old-age before we ever are truly "out"

navypie
23-06-2018, 07:36 AM

Perhaps you should inform the Trump administration of your holiday plans in the future and insist on being kept in the loop.

MagpieTony
23-06-2018, 07:44 AM

Shouldn't worry about it Elite. Just another example of Trump having to clean up Obama's 'legacy'.

sidders
23-06-2018, 09:30 AM
Just love the way some of you on here jump to the conclusion that if someone hates what Trump is doing in America the corollary is that person must have been an Obama supporter.
The same logic pervades Soccerman's thinking whereby if one disapproves of May, that must line you up behind Corbyn.
Obama was a huge disappointment as President in my book and Corbyn lacks the charisma and intellect to make him an effective PM.
The photo used may not have been authentic in that it was an actual image of a border separation but that doesn't mean that the Trump isn't callously enforcing a law that Obama should have revoked.

Airborn Pie
23-06-2018, 09:38 AM
Just love the way some of you on here jump to the conclusion that if someone hates what Trump is doing in America the corollary is that person must have been an Obama supporter.
The same logic pervades Soccerman's thinking whereby if one disapproves of May, that must line you up behind Corbyn.
Obama was a huge disappointment as President in my book and Corbyn lacks the charisma and intellect to make him an effective PM.
The photo used may not have been authentic in that it was an actual image of a border separation but that doesn't mean that the Trump isn't callously enforcing a law that Obama should have revoked.

Not true for many, including me.

I hate what the Tories stand for but have gone on the record as saying that as a lifelong Labour voter, I cannot vote for them under Corbyn and a straight choice between the two would see me for the first time, not using my vote.

Elite_Pie
23-06-2018, 10:20 AM
Shouldn't worry about it Elite. Just another example of Trump having to clean up Obama's 'legacy'.

If the reports of 2,000 children being separated from their parents are true, regardless of which president should have done what, do your Christian values make you think that is right or wrong?

Airborn Pie
23-06-2018, 10:55 AM
If the reports of 2,000 children being separated from their parents are true, regardless of which president should have done what, do your Christian values make you think that is right or wrong?

Very easy to ask the questions, much harder to come up with solutions.

What are the options:

A. Those with kids are released with reporting conditions, meaning they will almost certainly disappear and encourage others to do the same.

B. Jail the kids with their parents.

It's a no win

MagpieTony
23-06-2018, 01:05 PM

All criminals who break the law are separated from their children when they are incarcerated. Those who follow the legal process for immigration are not separated from their children. The onus and responsibility belongs to the parents to act within the laws. POTUS has dealt with this, something that previous regimes for over twenty years had not. Now it will be more difficult for the huge child smuggling operation which had boomed under Obama and much more effective in dealing with the illegal immigrant problem as the 'family' will all be in one place and easier to process.

JoePass
23-06-2018, 02:03 PM

Wrong assumption there Sid, if you disapprove of May, when you consider all the alternatives you have to be a bit simple, that’s all.