PDA

View Full Version : New kit

blades58
29-06-2018, 03:22 PM
Personal opinion...................bag o'sh1te

Plain white back!

https://twitter.com/SUFC_tweets/status/1012704821210562562?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1012704821210562562&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwi tter.min.html%231012704821210562562

GrayBlade
29-06-2018, 03:31 PM
HMMMM, I’m not so sure.

BlockD
29-06-2018, 03:34 PM
First impression,it’s a no from me,,plain white back,green sponsor

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
29-06-2018, 03:49 PM
They will sell out when they are reduced at the end of the season to £5.

ITS SH1T.

GrayBlade
29-06-2018, 03:53 PM
I don’t usually overreact when it comes down to the new kit. I reckon if we have a good season most supporters tend to look back on a kit with fondness however poor it is. In this case however I’ll make an exception. I’d love to know who at the club thought that this would be popular with the fans (traditionalists or otherwise) and also think that it will make the team look classy and professional?

https://youtu.be/z5effaImHsU

blades58
29-06-2018, 04:02 PM
I don’t usually overreact when it comes down to the new kit. I reckon if we have a good season most supporters tend to look back on a kit with fondness however poor it is. In this case however I’ll make an exception. I’d love to know who at the club thought that this would be popular with the fans (traditionalists or otherwise) and also think that it will make the team look classy and professional?

https://youtu.be/z5effaImHsU

Same here Gray

How can the hierarchy who choose these designs think that a white back shirt is right when we play in stripes?

It's time for season ticket holders to have a say on choice of design. We are expected to buy and wear them, so should have a say

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
29-06-2018, 04:07 PM
Ive an idea who will like the GREEN lettering,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The Prince,he will be the only one.

herbert
29-06-2018, 04:13 PM
Horrendous.

Adidas can f**ck off now. It was good while it lasted but they've clearly stopped making any effort.

That big green sponsor on the front, Jesus.... Door Deals can f**ck right off as well. Even if the rest of the shirt was decent, that would ruin it.

mahatmafoot
29-06-2018, 04:31 PM
Always some miserable, never satisfied folk. Looks okay and anyway it ain't the shirt, it's what's inside. Just a bit different so no big deal.

Bobbyhatton80
29-06-2018, 04:35 PM
Hate the logo think it's cheap and tacky why in green don't like it at all

shorehamoldboy
29-06-2018, 04:36 PM
dont like it why cant we just have stripes on sleeve and back of shirt were gonna look like sunerlan !!

rodcurrie
29-06-2018, 04:40 PM
Hate the logo think it's cheap and tacky why in green don't like it at allThey'll be NOWT cheap abart this kit.I aint keen on the plain back but as Mahatma says it's who or what's in't shirt that counts.Can we get back to whingein abart BROOKSY goin? UTCB

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
29-06-2018, 04:41 PM
dont like it why cant we just have stripes on sleeve and back of shirt were gonna look like sunerlan !!

Kit manufacturers think they are smart when the mess with a club tradition...............i mean look what happened at s6 last season.

woodysrightfoot
29-06-2018, 04:42 PM
Don't buy it lets get our favorite blades shirt out and wear them

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
29-06-2018, 04:43 PM
Always some miserable, never satisfied folk. Looks okay and anyway it ain't the shirt, it's what's inside. Just a bit different so no big deal.

Short memory.

Blade for Life
29-06-2018, 05:07 PM
The logo looks terrible but I like the shirt. Will wait to see it in real life before making a judgement to buy or not. Marketing manager needs to up his game with the quality of sponsors.

bladesmad
29-06-2018, 07:17 PM
In comparison to last two kits then this is poor but in comparison to all of the Adidas home kits thus far it certainly isn't the worst. I don't think this kit is too bad. It'll have white socks so will go with the kit.

As for the sponsor. I can understand why people disapprove as green isn't a United colour but it is there logo. If it was your company logo would you be pleased if asked to change it after spending tens of thousands of £££ to sponsor the club!

As for the back I'd rather us have stripes but at least we'll be able to see names and numbers more clearly. We've had plain backed shirts before in past.

shorehamoldboy
29-06-2018, 08:53 PM
think its adidas telling club what were gonna have but judging by united sites 90 per cent of fans dont like it think the club needs to listen

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
29-06-2018, 10:13 PM
It could be worse,we could have been made to wait until September for the Sh!t kit unveiling,small mercies.

SUFCRAZ
30-06-2018, 02:45 PM
The Ramdens logo like on the below would have worked so much better.

Why wasn’t the green questioned 🤷🏻*♂️

https://i2.wp.com/footballfashion.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Middlesbrough-14-15-Home-Kit-5.jpg?w=640

GrayBlade
30-06-2018, 03:45 PM
Jim Phipps (remember him?) has apparently Tweeted that there was a problem getting the main sponsors logo tweaked in time for the release because the deal wasn’t signed early enough. If that’s the case hopefully the colour and font with be more suited in the final offering.

Chips1889
01-07-2018, 06:33 AM
Jim Phipps (remember him?) has apparently Tweeted that there was a problem getting the main sponsors logo tweaked in time for the release because the deal wasn’t signed early enough. If that’s the case hopefully the colour and font with be more suited in the final offering.

Not thought this through Gray.....if they change ut after selling some there will be hell to pay......can't see a problem with it myself.

blades58
01-07-2018, 08:12 AM
I see pigs launch their shirts today

Available today:

up to 4 yrs old or ladies shirts :O :D

I see they've continued in the Chansiri tradition with shirts priced at £59.00 or £99.00 :O :D

mahatmafoot
01-07-2018, 09:12 AM
Problem with kits is you can't please everybody.

Chips1889
01-07-2018, 09:14 AM
I think they should have shown 3 or 4 different versions of our red/white them let the fans vote....like we did a few year back.
But, it really doesn't matter that much to me as long as we have the stripes.

bladesmad
01-07-2018, 09:32 AM
Seeing as shirts go on sale from 4th July it's highly likely that shirts were produced long before the launch a fee days ago. Meaning that the green logo will be staying put.

A few years ago, just before the first Adidas shirt was launched, I met with a United representative. The discussion wasn't about shirts and he is no longer with the club but the topic of the deal was talked about.

He said that United aren't in a position to have Adidas produce a bespoke kit as quite simply SUFC wouldn't be able to sell the numbers that the likes of Real Madrid could. This is why we end up with kits that look very similar to other teams kit. Apparently Nike was also interested in a deal but when the club did the sums "we" wouldn't have made any £££ in first season.

I believe the club signed a 5 year deal with Adidas so this should be the last kit. I'd happily have them continue the deal further but I also liked the Macron kits.

bulmer1889
01-07-2018, 10:36 AM
Nowt wrong wi macron kits and we got a bespoke kit but some of our fans have to be seen in named gear the clamour got too much so the club gave them what they wanted some are never satisfied personally I hate the plain back but as someone said when it's got a players name and number on it it might not look so bad anyway I won't be buying it but I don't buy shirts anyway as some have said it's what's inside that's more important

GrayBlade
01-07-2018, 10:45 AM
And we think we’ve got problems. The Pork’sadults shirts are £99 a throw but the only problem is...just like like season there’s been a cock up...unless you’re a toddler XD

https://twitter.com/robstaton/status/1013177049379430400?s=21

mahatmafoot
01-07-2018, 12:27 PM
And we think we’ve got problems. The Pork’sadults shirts are £99 a throw but the only problem is...just like like season there’s been a cock up...unless you’re a toddler XD

Love this:-

FatherKnowsBest
01-07-2018, 12:28 PM

£39 for a toddlers shirt? Wow! Nice to see that Tunaman is helping keep the city tidy by not having replica shirts available for the second year.

Carpe_diem
01-07-2018, 06:01 PM
Not thought this through Gray.....if they change ut after selling some there will be hell to pay......can't see a problem with it myself.

I assumed Gray meant it was rushed through for the launch and that the actual shirt that was sold would be different, not that they'd sell two different versions

mcnulty1
01-07-2018, 07:32 PM

No, they're not. They're a separate product. They're the authentic shirts, which many sports teams now also produce alongside the replica.

The replica is £59.

Carpe_diem
01-07-2018, 07:36 PM
No, they're not. They're a separate product. They're the authentic shirts, which many sports teams now also produce alongside the replica.

The replica is £59.

And still overpriced by nearly sixty quid

BlockD
01-07-2018, 08:09 PM
And still overpriced by nearly sixty quid

£60 £100 for a badly made replica shirt,beggars belief

blades58
01-07-2018, 08:25 PM
Totally ripped off. The Chansir brings manufacturing in-house to be in control and save cost and yet at the same time puts the prices up WTF?

They say st prices are good value. What they are actually saying is that they are extortionate prices, but because the Chancer offers some discount (still leaving them extortionate) they think that has to be good value

They are in denial, just as they are when they keep convincing themselves about how good they think their team is

There's a saying in football, that when you stand still, you go backwards. Well currently they are standing still

BlockD
01-07-2018, 08:34 PM
Totally ripped off. The Chansir brings manufacturing in-house to be in control and save cost and yet at the same time puts the prices up WTF?

They say st prices are good value. What they are actually saying is that they are extortionate prices, but because the Chancer offers some discount (still leaving them extortionate) they think that has to be good value

They are in denial, just as they are when they keep convincing themselves about how good they think their team is

There's a saying in football, that when you stand still, you go backwards. Well currently they are standing still

And them bloody D Taxis are very unreliable

blades58
01-07-2018, 08:36 PM
And them bloody D Taxis are very unreliable

Can't believe the Chanser gets away with that

aussieowl
02-07-2018, 04:32 AM
Kit manufacturers think they are smart when the mess with a club tradition...............i mean look what happened at s6 last season.

For me it was the season before last when we messed up....last years kit I really like, I prefer stripes though.

As for United's I thought last years looked like a Utd strip is supposed to look, this new one doesn't....too much white....do kits make a difference though, I think they do, a little bit anyway, mostly in the minds of supporters.

aussieowl
02-07-2018, 04:36 AM
Love this:-

He's not looking at the shirt Mahat...;D

rodcurrie
02-07-2018, 06:01 AM
For me it was the season before last when we messed up....last years kit I really like, I prefer stripes though.

As for United's I thought last years looked like a Utd strip is supposed to look, this new one doesn't....too much white....do kits make a difference though, I think they do, a little bit anyway, mostly in the minds of supporters.We enjoyed the fact that the pig kit wasn't available until well into winter Aussie Joke club Joke fans.;) UTCB

BlockD
02-07-2018, 06:28 AM

As for United's I thought last years looked like a Utd strip is supposed to look, this new one doesn't....too much white....do kits make a difference though, I think they do, a little bit anyway, mostly in the minds of supporters.

You like the kit you wore when you got hammered at home on September 24th,the shirt that will forever remind you of Mark Duffy,Leon Clarke and David Brooks ,the one similar to the one you got relegated wearing in 1970?

Ha ha ha

FatherKnowsBest
02-07-2018, 07:30 AM
We enjoyed the fact that the pig kit wasn't available until well into winter Aussie Joke club Joke fans.;) UTCB

...and the new one is currently only available for under fours (£39) and for women (£59), and plonkers who want to cram their moobs and bellies into a really stretchy one (£99), all after revving them all up with 'stripey kits will be available for Piggies in the Park'.

Tunaman has got them all backwards over a barrel... XD

mahatmafoot
02-07-2018, 07:30 AM
He's not looking at the shirt Mahat...;D

Sure? At least he's looking at the one with the right shirt. The poor pigess doesn't stand a chance. Apparently she went home in tears dumped it and is now queuing at the Blade's superstore.

aussieowl
03-07-2018, 02:28 AM
You like the kit you wore when you got hammered at home on September 24th,the shirt that will forever remind you of Mark Duffy,Leon Clarke and David Brooks ,the one similar to the one you got relegated wearing in 1970?

Ha ha ha

Kinell Blocks if I disliked every kit we ever got hammered in there wouldn't be a lot to chose from would there.

Yes I really like that kit, it's the kit we wore for the first seven years of me watching regularly, seven years aged 9 to 16 leaves an impression, especially when you can't remember seeing us in the stripes before it & to be honest it wouldn't bother me too much if we wore it forever more.....when we switched back to stripes in 72 it took me all season to get used to them & I do prefer them these days....and for the record I have no memory of 24th Sept 2017.

aussieowl
03-07-2018, 03:04 AM
We enjoyed the fact that the pig kit wasn't available until well into winter Aussie Joke club Joke fans.;) UTCB

Can't say that bothered me too much mi owd....was never gunna buy one anyway.

I've got a few shirts, mostly what people have bought for me but I don't think I've ever worn one to a Wednesday match....I did wear one when England played Oz in Sydney a few years back.....was up top of Sydney's Centre Point Tower before the game when I got tapped on the shoulder, on turning round a gentleman wearing a red & white striped shirt said "I never thought I'd see a Wednesday fan in Australia"...I told him to get used to it cos there's plenty of us here, couple of million at least....anyway he was oreyt for a Blade, we had a good chat, mostly about who's the best right back ever to play for a Sheffield team.....& yes he agreed with me, mind you I did have him dangling by his feet 300mtrs off the ground at the time.

rodcurrie
03-07-2018, 06:34 AM
Can't say that bothered me too much mi owd....was never gunna buy one anyway.

I've got a few shirts, mostly what people have bought for me but I don't think I've ever worn one to a Wednesday match....I did wear one when England played Oz in Sydney a few years back.....was up top of Sydney's Centre Point Tower before the game when I got tapped on the shoulder, on turning round a gentleman wearing a red & white striped shirt said "I never thought I'd see a Wednesday fan in Australia"...I told him to get used to it cos there's plenty of us here, couple of million at least....anyway he was oreyt for a Blade, we had a good chat, mostly about who's the best right back ever to play for a Sheffield team.....& yes he agreed with me, mind you I did have him dangling by his feet 300mtrs off the ground at the time.Plenty of thi fellow grunters were bothered the kit was late.;)I dunt blame thi for not wearin pig shirts,i mean it'd be like admittin tha not r8 in't head wunt it? UTCB

aussieowl
03-07-2018, 06:53 AM
Plenty of thi fellow grunters were bothered the kit was late.;)I dunt blame thi for not wearin pig shirts,i mean it'd be like admittin tha not r8 in't head wunt it? UTCB

Din't say I don't wear em rodders..........&, between you & me & nowt to do with any shirts, I haven't been reyt in head for quite a while now, why do you think I'm on here...;D

Holden_C
03-07-2018, 11:36 AM
Has the Doc bought the £99 dishcloth(striped) plus the children's and ladies kits for the imaginary loved ones in his life?

Late again though. Laughing stock.

rodcurrie
03-07-2018, 01:30 PM
Din't say I don't wear em rodders..........&, between you & me & nowt to do with any shirts, I haven't been reyt in head for quite a while now, why do you think I'm on here...;DTha siad i tha dint wear em to games,that's wor i meant,i mean ya wunt want anyone knowin tha were on the way to Swillsbro unless of course THE BOUNCIN DAY KILLIN BLADES were playin theer.;)UTCB

aussieowl
03-07-2018, 11:27 PM
Tha siad i tha dint wear em to games,that's wor i meant,i mean ya wunt want anyone knowin tha were on the way to Swillsbro unless of course THE BOUNCIN DAY KILLIN BLADES were playin theer.;)UTCB

One thing I still really miss rodders is match day, all the years I've been here & still can't get past it....I tried going to a few Central Coast Mariners games but it's not the same, I like to see em win but it just doesn't hurt when they lose, I feel like a neutral when I'm there, which is rare these days....I even tried wearing a Mariners shirt to the games.

rodcurrie
04-07-2018, 06:41 AM
One thing I still really miss rodders is match day, all the years I've been here & still can't get past it....I tried going to a few Central Coast Mariners games but it's not the same, I like to see em win but it just doesn't hurt when they lose, I feel like a neutral when I'm there, which is rare these days....I even tried wearing a Mariners shirt to the games.Last season i went to watch Rovrum half a dozen times and bein Rovrum born and bred i like em to do well(except when they're playin us obvs)but i feel the same if they win good but if they lose it's oh well,it aint like when we lose(nowt in sport is)UTCB

Carpe_diem
04-07-2018, 08:46 AM
Last season i went to watch Rovrum half a dozen times and bein Rovrum born and bred i like em to do well(except when they're playin us obvs)but i feel the same if they win good but if they lose it's oh well,it aint like when we lose(nowt in sport is)UTCB

Shocking revelation... World's Biggest Blade™ is actually a glory-hunter from outside the steel city!

mahatmafoot
04-07-2018, 10:22 AM
Shocking revelation... World's Biggest Blade™ is actually a glory-hunter from outside the steel city!

Let's hope he never darkens this Forum again. Goodbye RC.

rodcurrie
04-07-2018, 01:17 PM
Let's hope he never darkens this Forum again. Goodbye RC.Carpe i'm the worlds fattest BLADE(probs) and a TRUE BLADE do ger it r8.Glory huntin?XD Dropped a r8 ballhack if i was a glory boy aint i?XDHas someone posted for Mahatma again wi him not mentionin the grunters?Come on owd lad tha slippin.:D UTCB

blades58
04-07-2018, 03:48 PM
Shirt plain white back doesn't look as bad now with the name and number on it

Door deals logo is way too big tho :mad:

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
04-07-2018, 04:20 PM
Shirt plain white back doesn't look as bad now with the name and number on it

I wonder how many have been relieved of their quids today for the "half and half shirt".The more i look at it the more stupid an idea it is.

mahatmafoot
04-07-2018, 04:34 PM
Just seen it and it looks excellent. Even the sponsor logo looks a little better.

FatherKnowsBest
04-07-2018, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE=blades58;38935907]Shirt plain white back doesn't look as bad now with the name and number on it

Thought he was a new signing, Kyle Doordeals from Gainborough Trinity?

Actually, my son has bought one today (soft lad...) and it does look much better in real life that the photos's. The black stripes on the shoulders, and the number and name bring the whole design together, although I've not see the long sleeved version, is it plain white sleeves? The material is good and its very well made. That is all...

rodcurrie
04-07-2018, 04:39 PM
[QUOTE=blades58;38935907]Shirt plain white back doesn't look as bad now with the name and number on it

Thought he was a new signing, Kyle Doordeals from Gainborough Trinity?

Actually, my son has bought one today (soft lad...) and it does look much better in real life that the photos's. The black stripes on the shoulders, and the number and name bring the whole design together, although I've not see the long sleeved version, is it plain white sleeves? The material is good and its very well made. That is all...Thank you Gokpops Wan.;)UTCB

FatherKnowsBest
04-07-2018, 04:50 PM
[QUOTE=FatherKnowsBest;38935954]Thank you Gokpops Wan.;)UTCB

Any time you want some help with becoming stylish Rod. My tip today is, I don't think spats and starched dicky fronts will ever come back into fashion. Maybe time to find a jumble sale to donate them to...

Carpe_diem
04-07-2018, 07:24 PM
I like this shirt, but there again I'm part of the tiny minority who liked the pinstripe anniversary shirt.

rodcurrie
04-07-2018, 07:48 PM
I like this shirt, but there again I'm part of the tiny minority who liked the pinstripe anniversary shirt.Tha nowt bur a Kit Clappper Carpe.;) UTCB

Carpe_diem
04-07-2018, 08:49 PM
Tha nowt bur a Kit Clappper Carpe.;) UTCB

Shut it plastic!