PDA

View Full Version : Old Gedling Pie

Old Gedling Pie
29-06-2018, 11:35 PM
G'day All,

Can any tell me if Notts have a home game this coming August? My eldest lad and I are coming over
for a months holiday from New Zealand and the last time I was down at the Lane was during the days of Tommy Lawton, Jackie Sewell etc. I received a Notts shirt 2 years ago for my 80th birthday and it would be a delight to wear it, at last, at it's spiritual home.

I have been a regular reader of this forum for many a year and must give a special thanks to all those who take the trouble to post their match ratings. Much appreciated by the 6 fans who live in this small NZ town.

Thanks.

piewoman
29-06-2018, 11:52 PM
Home 1st game of season on 4th August v Colchester and the 18th v Yeovil

TheBlackHorse
30-06-2018, 03:06 AM
...what a splendid post OGP - made me smile when you used the words 'eldest lad' ... how old is he ... guessing 50's ?

Old Gedling Pie
30-06-2018, 04:12 AM
You are dead right Black Horse.....52 to be exact.

Wedgie_pie
30-06-2018, 07:11 AM
G'day All,

Can any tell me if Notts have a home game this coming August? My eldest lad and I are coming over
for a months holiday from New Zealand and the last time I was down at the Lane was during the days of Tommy Lawton, Jackie Sewell etc. I received a Notts shirt 2 years ago for my 80th birthday and it would be a delight to wear it, at last, at it's spiritual home.

I have been a regular reader of this forum for many a year and must give a special thanks to all those who take the trouble to post their match ratings. Much appreciated by the 6 fans who live in this small NZ town.

Thanks.

Nice post OGP and I hope you and your "eldest lad" make it to a match, let Meadow Lane know you are coming I'm sure they can show you around the place, and even give you a two minute tour of the trophy room...;D

Don't know if you've been back to Nottingham since you went to NZ but if not you will see some major changes in our fair city...not all for the good I might add, well in my opinion anyway I guess others on here might think differently...

Safe trip...

i961pie
30-06-2018, 02:48 PM
Where abouts are you in NZ mate?

Old Gedling Pie
30-06-2018, 11:06 PM
Paraparaumu...on a wet and cold Kapiti Coast. I would appreciate it if you can arrange for the heat wave to continue until I arrive in Nottingham. I was back in the late eighties but, sadly, not during the football season.

Lullapie
30-06-2018, 11:58 PM
Paraparaumu...on a wet and cold Kapiti Coast. I would appreciate it if you can arrange for the heat wave to continue until I arrive in Nottingham. I was back in the late eighties but, sadly, not during the football season.

Cambridge New Zealand here Old Gedling. We have quite a few Notts' fans in NZ

Lullapie
01-07-2018, 12:00 AM
Where's your oldest lad live OGP? His name isn't Colin is it?

Old Gedling Pie
01-07-2018, 01:21 AM
Nope.

i961pie
01-07-2018, 05:22 AM

Is that towards Wellington on the north island? I have to admit haven't been or heard of it, but my daughter lives near Rotorua also I have met and become friends with a Notts fan in Cambridge over there.