PDA

View Full Version : Apathy setting in.

sinkov
21-07-2018, 07:51 AM
I was intending to go to Curzon Ashton last night, but as the week went on I got less and less enthusiastic about the idea. No possibilty of a ticket for Aberdeen, no indication that I'd be able to see the game on TV, no new signings, not even on the horizon, meant by Friday tea time no enthusiasm for a trip over Manchester way either, and I said feck it, I can't be arsed.

I gave up my ST last season, I've bought one every season I've been in this area since BK started putting money into the club, but last season, not really liking PL football, I decided to pick and choose my games. I was surprised at how few I chose to go to. From about 30 in our last promotion season to about ten last season. I'm not particularly looking forward to next season so I imagine I might be going on even less.

One reason I bought a ST was because I thought the club needed my money, it was my way of helping, if Kilby was prepared to put his money into the club, then I'd do my little bit as well. They don't need my money any more though do they, gate money is now a tiny % of turnover, it really doesn't matter to them financially if I don't buy a ST any more, it wouldn't matter much if no one did, they'd hardly miss the £6m or so.

So apathy has set in as far as watching the Clarets go, I've got my ST for Clitheroe, they really do need my money, this afternoon I'm off to Hyde for a pre-season friendly, and I expect to get value from my Clitheroe ST this season. It's sad in a way, I've been a Burnley fan all my life, but since Eddie Howe scrapped the reserve team and banished the youth team to Gawthorpe, forcing me to watch non league if I wanted to see two live games a week, I've found I prefer watching non league football more and more, and as I only watch football because I enjoy it, non league it's going to be for much of this season.

The Bedlington Terrier
21-07-2018, 08:08 AM
6000 points now needed to get first dibs on away games. Farcical EUFA ticket allocation. Pretty much agree with you sinkov, for now Burnley Football Club do not need our money. Sad but true.

I will continue to go with my son and grandson to Turf Moor, but I will not be spending again the £3500 plus that went out of the family budget following the Clarets on their travels last season.

I have never appreciated having my nose rubbed in the brown stuff and that's what Burnley are now doing with their own fans.

oldcolner
21-07-2018, 08:22 AM
To be fair UEFA rules have caused the Aberdeen situation and we are UEFA virgins. They should have given us more tickets, we should have given them more as it seems both sets of home fans are slow on the uptake.
I wonder if the club should ask for more away tickets, I think we have to pay up front, so some prebooking system might help the club know who wants to go.

The Bedlington Terrier
21-07-2018, 08:28 AM
Burnley make no profit from the sale of away tickets and run the risk of losing money if they take up an allocation and don't sell them.

Dave Baldwin does not do "risk" and really does not care whether Burnley fans travel or not.

ClaretinBudapest
21-07-2018, 08:46 AM
Although I cannot go to watch the games like many on here even from afar apathy is setting in with me as well Sinkov so I can thoroughly understand your post.The club is literally rolling in money and they refuse to open the coffers in order to offer Sean a chance of staying where we are or improving on last season.
In a way last season was a bit of a fluke as we caught a lot of teams off guard or happened to play them when they were not on form for various reasons.There were also lots of games with just one goal difference in our favour.The stars wont align again for us like last season so we need to strengthen just to stay where we are in my opinion and it is not going to happen.SD has worked wonders and has unrivalled job security but I bet he wants to test himself with real financial backing to get the players he would like and try to mould a team which could compete against the top six and he deserves that opportunity.Sadly with BFC it is not going to happen and he will be leaving I feel sooner rather than later.Then BFC will be in trouble-and I do not mean financially.

Supersub6
21-07-2018, 08:57 AM
Unfortunately, this is what the Premier League has done to many long-standing fans. We, as a club, are getting the money and this has been used to improve the infrastructure of the club, particularly the development at Gawthorpe which was very much needed.
Necessary work has been done at the ground, including the floodlights which had to be done to stick to PL regulations, however, the ordinary fan who has been going to the Turf for years perhaps does not feel as much a part of the club as he used to do.

I never go to friendly matches because, living at least over 100 miles from the Turf since 1966, I just can't justify the expense for a game which means nothing.
I never get uptight about away tickets because I can get them from the home clubs in the main because of my location and I still go to support my team --even if it is quietly at the away games.

I attend a lot of football at all levels and always enjoy watching the games at non-league and junior levels, probably more than watching PL games. If it is a choice between watching a non-Burnley PL game on TV or watching a Rugby League game I always chose the Rugby League so I guess that I have become quite disillusioned with the PL but I just can't stop watching the Clarets and now that I am back on the road again I am looking forward to this coming season no matter what.

jonjack
21-07-2018, 10:07 AM
Well at least you have comfort from the knowledge that your seat will go to someone who wants to be there to support the team.

jonjack
21-07-2018, 10:08 AM
How is your nose being rubbed into the Brown stuff???

The Bedlington Terrier
21-07-2018, 11:46 AM
It's been discussed at length before jonjack.

Supersub6
21-07-2018, 12:02 PM
It could be worse --we could support Newcastle who do have an owner with a fair wadge of readies and is still upsetting his manager.
Fans are saying that if Rafa goes then they will also go. Mister Ashley seems really worried about this and is telling Rafa that he must get rid of some players to fund any purchases. Oh the joys of the Premier League!

willyeck
21-07-2018, 12:20 PM
What drama queens!!
One game you couldnt get tickets for and dummies get thrown out of the pram
No signings....we never sign early in the window
Weve just finished 7th in the premier league yet you lose the faith
I suggest you book one of those famous taxis and book it to take you to another,well run club,where you can get a ticket,sign loads of players just for the sake of it,and like said above at least a Burnley supporter will be sat in the seat youve vacated.

oldcolner
21-07-2018, 03:21 PM
Burnley make no profit from the sale of away tickets and run the risk of losing money if they take up an allocation and don't sell them.

Dave Baldwin does not do "risk" and really does not care whether Burnley fans travel or not.

Maybe but there would be no risk if they worked like Man U
Fans pay in for a ticket lottery then if they don’t get them they get a refund. No risk at all to the club they can ask for as many as they can knowing they have got the money to pay for them already.

willyeck
21-07-2018, 03:51 PM
Maybe but there would be no risk if they worked like Man U
Fans pay in for a ticket lottery then if they don’t get them they get a refund. No risk at all to the club they can ask for as many as they can knowing they have got the money to pay for them already.
Man utd sell out every away game, we don't

Norder
21-07-2018, 05:52 PM

it's gone this way - "where there's Money there's Muck" - so am also leaning toward areas where it's (£) influence is minimal - because once a team yields to profits....it joins a bigger club so loses it's uniqueness - as all becomes business - a structure that'll restrain and manipulate it for it's own ends....it loses it's honesty - so can no longer be trusted.....imho.

https://media.giphy.com/media/wMsD35WIjjUFq/200.gif

:mad:

;D

Altobelli
21-07-2018, 08:57 PM
What drama queens!!
I suggest you book one of those famous taxis and book it to take you to another,well run club,where you can get a ticket,sign loads of players just for the sake of it,and like said above at least a Burnley supporter will be sat in the seat youve vacated.

We are all Burnley fans on here Willyeck, and we all mean well for the our Club, but we have different opinions on difference subjects regarding BFC and other topics, but we all respect our differences of which we are proud, I respect your opinion(S) even if I don't agree with them as the rest will.

But you seem a little aggressive in some of your comments addressed to some posters, this forum used to be run with the same aggressive tone by the old regime and we are not going back to those dark day's, by all means have your say but bring something to the party that others can contribute to as I don't think your above post attracts that.

willyeck
22-07-2018, 05:28 AM
We are all Burnley fans on here Willyeck, and we all mean well for the our Club, but we have different opinions on difference subjects regarding BFC and other topics, but we all respect our differences of which we are proud, I respect your opinion(S) even if I don't agree with them as the rest will.

But you seem a little aggressive in some of your comments addressed to some posters, this forum used to be run with the same aggressive tone by the old regime and we are not going back to those dark day's, by all means have your say but bring something to the party that others can contribute to as I don't think your above post attracts that.
That's me told

sinkov
22-07-2018, 07:30 AM
That's me told

Precisely, and if you want to continue posting on here, I'd take it on board as well mon ami.

oldcolner
22-07-2018, 07:33 AM
Man utd sell out every away game, we don't
That doesn’t change the plan if fans want away tickets let them commit early and stand a good chance of getting one by letting Baldwin know how many he has already sold, say we we will take 2000, 2500, 3000, or more. It’s only when we can’t have that number there’s a lottery and the earliest committers should get a better chance of those.

oldcolner
22-07-2018, 07:44 AM
Precisely, and if you want to continue posting on here, I'd take it on board as well mon ami.

Not like you to issue threats Sinkov. He’s a new poster and we should welcome his views not try to frighten him off. I thought his comments were fair enough he just needed a smiley ;D on the taxis comment which I took was meant tongue in cheek.
It sounds like you are giving up on us which would equally be a shame especially as we haven’t kicked a ball in anger yet to find out if the club needs anyone else.
We need more posters on here to add to our debates so keep it up Willy and Sinkov O:)

The Bedlington Terrier
22-07-2018, 08:14 AM
We have a "gentleman's agreement" on here OC regarding how we conduct our arguments and debates.

As you well know, everyone and anyone is welcome on this forum, but just keep it polite and treat everyone with RESPECT.

Terrier Taxis is fuelled up and ready to go, I believe inbounds are imminent and if I think the ticket allocation for Aberdeen was bollox willyeck, I am going to bloody well say so!

oldcolner
22-07-2018, 08:42 AM
We have a "gentleman's agreement" on here OC regarding how we conduct our arguments and debates.

As you well know, everyone and anyone is welcome on this forum, but just keep it polite and treat everyone with RESPECT.

Terrier Taxis is fuelled up and ready to go, I believe inbounds are imminent and if I think the ticket allocation for Aberdeen was bollox willyeck, I am going to bloody well say so!

I’m sorry but I don’t see what’s upset you, dummies and pram was a fair analogy of what some were talking of doing and surely isn’t offensive, suggesting taking a taxi was funny to me. But my taxi business isn’t under threat. Lol or have I missed something.

Free Willy to say what he thinks. Nice to see some new blood and thoughts on here especially ones that focus on the club.

The Bedlington Terrier
22-07-2018, 08:45 AM
More importantly this is what SD thinks...

“First things first, we have to get some players in, because we are definitely short at the moment,” said Dyche. “Once we get the first targets in we can think about bulking up the squad with players who can help us. But patience is a mindset in this part of the world.”

Supersub6
22-07-2018, 08:51 AM
More importantly this is what SD thinks...

“First things first, we have to get some players in, because we are definitely short at the moment,” said Dyche. “Once we get the first targets in we can think about bulking up the squad with players who can help us. But patience is a mindset in this part of the world.”

A man after my own heart. People just don't have patience any more in our 'instant society'

I look at wedding present lists that we are given these days with washing machines, fridge/freezers, tumble dryers etc.and I think back to my own wedding when we were more than pleased to receive a set of pans, towels, bedding etc. and had to save up to get these things which people just list as expectation these days.

willyeck
22-07-2018, 08:52 AM
I’m sorry but I don’t see what’s upset you, dummies and pram was a fair analogy of what some were talking of doing and surely isn’t offensive, suggesting taking a taxi was funny to me. But my taxi business isn’t under threat. Lol or have I missed something.

Free Willy to say what he thinks. Nice to see some new blood and thoughts on here especially ones that focus on the club.
It was meant to be sarcastic, not aggressive as suggested.

sinkov
22-07-2018, 10:44 AM
Not like you to issue threats Sinkov. He’s a new poster and we should welcome his views not try to frighten him off. I thought his comments were fair enough he just needed a smiley ;D on the taxis comment which I took was meant tongue in cheek.
It sounds like you are giving up on us which would equally be a shame especially as we haven’t kicked a ball in anger yet to find out if the club needs anyone else.
We need more posters on here to add to our debates so keep it up Willy and Sinkov O:)

I'm not issuing threats OC, far from it. I can remember Primitive refusing to back down when he was advised to calm down, I pleaded with him to listen and draw his neck in, but he wouldn't. You don't see Prim posting on here now. I was just pointing out to our new poster that Alto, for it was he issuing the 'threat' if anyone was, wasn't joking. Anyone and everyone is welcome to post, but if you don't abide by the rules, unwritten though they may be, you're likely to 'disappear', as did Prim. That's all I'm saying.

sinkov
22-07-2018, 10:50 AM
I am going to bloody well say so!

Stop swearing, children might read this msgboard !!

The Bedlington Terrier
22-07-2018, 10:59 AM
That long running spat of yours with Primitive sinkov just got out of hand.

Fair warnings were given, but in the end they were not heeded and off he jolly well went.

Everybody has played really nicely since then. :D

sinkov
22-07-2018, 11:13 AM
Me and Prim used to disagree BT, we could get quite stroppy with each other, but I think it was Alto he really had his knife into, and just wouldn't back off. I really did try to persuade him to see sense, but he wouldn't listen, wasn't interested.

1959_60
22-07-2018, 11:19 AM
I can't see how anyone can be criticised for being honest and speaking their mind - as long as we are treated with respect.

I have been watching the Clarets since 1962 and I will always be a fan.

But there have been times when going to matches wasn't top of my agenda - for various reasons. During parts of the 70's and 90's there were times when I hardly went to any games at all, but I always looked out for them.

I now live in Morecambe and me and my wife have to spend a lot of time looking after my Dad and her Mum and so watching footy is a fairly low priority for us (she is a Man Utd supporter). I think I managed 4 games last season.

It is sometimes frustrating when we don't make early signings etc. but I have learnt to trust our manager and board to do the right thing for the club and we have absolutely nothing to complain about at the moment.

I must admit that deep down I feel that we are playing at a level which is higher than we can sustain and this gives me an uneasy feeling that it will all fall apart soon. But this also makes me appreciate every good result we achieve even more.

The style of footy has not been scintillating but we are still evolving. There was a great spell last Autumn when we were playing some superb stuff before injuries to key players kicked in.

There is also the feeling that finishing 7th is as good as it can possibly get, and the prospect of every season becoming a fight for survival is not very exciting.

But footy is full of surprises and who knows what the future holds?

Onwards and Upwards!

sinkov
22-07-2018, 11:35 AM
There's a big piece on Dyche in the Sunday Times this morning 59/60, where he admits that 7th is the highest we can really expect, it's like a glass ceiling for us, not impossible to break through, but not very likely.

He also says on the prospect of being sacked,

"My day will come, I know it will come, not because I'm good, bad, or indifferent, just because that's the nature of football. They used to say 'He's unsackable'. That went years ago didn't it.

I think he underestimates the strength of his position at Burnley though, he's about as unsackable as it's possible to be in the modern football era.

1959_60
22-07-2018, 11:53 AM
I am very encouraged by that quote Sinkov.

We have read rumours that he is frustrated that the board are not supporting him - these rumours seem to surface during every transfer window.

But he seems to be part of a very rare breed who totally understand the challenges for a club the size of Burnley and is fully signed up to the project.

By saying that he accepts that one day he will be sacked seems to me to indicate that he is planning to stay at Burnley longer than I expected.

However, if a big club did express an interest I am certain that one day he will move on.

But who? I can't see one of the big 6 making a move for him for a few years yet and I don't think he would be interested in moving abroad.

But...footy is full of surprises.

Supersub6
22-07-2018, 12:15 PM
As I said before, Sean Dyche understands the economics of a club like Burnley and knows the necessary restrictions under which he works.
He is also very astute in that he appreciates the fickle world of football, after all, didn't he guide Watford to their highest finish in years and ended up getting the sack because of the change of ownership so he knows that nothing is for ever!

He is doing a job that he obviously loves and is getting a decent salary for doing it ----and he earns his money, of that I have no doubt.
As far as signing players is concerned, he must get frustrated but is that with the negotiations at our end or the delaying tactics of agents and other clubs ---who knows? I really think that the transfer window has been a bad thing as far as football is concerned, however, it isn't going to change.

oldcolner
22-07-2018, 12:34 PM
I'm not issuing threats OC, far from it. I can remember Primitive refusing to back down when he was advised to calm down, I pleaded with him to listen and draw his neck in, but he wouldn't. You don't see Prim posting on here now. I was just pointing out to our new poster that Alto, for it was he issuing the 'threat' if anyone was, wasn't joking. Anyone and everyone is welcome to post, but if you don't abide by the rules, unwritten though they may be, you're likely to 'disappear', as did Prim. That's all I'm saying.

I still don’t know what Willy did wrong, sarcasm is allowed surely. Is it he is a new poster making such comments. I doubt had I said that with a smiley if any feathers would be ruffled.

willyeck
22-07-2018, 12:51 PM
I still don’t know what Willy did wrong, sarcasm is allowed surely. Is it he is a new poster making such comments. I doubt had I said that with a smiley if any feathers would be ruffled.
That's the problem with messageboards, they have little groups and if they don't like someone, or don't like what is said they let it be known. I read most of the burnley ones, but very rarely join in, I Carnt see that changing anytime soon if iam honest

1959_60
22-07-2018, 01:00 PM
No problem on here Willy!

We all argue with each other but we are all best mates really :)

oldcolner
22-07-2018, 01:24 PM
That's the problem with messageboards, they have little groups and if they don't like someone, or don't like what is said they let it be known. I read most of the burnley ones, but very rarely join in, I Carnt see that changing anytime soon if iam honest

Willy
Glad you joined in and You’re very welcome here, we need fresh pairs of eyes and new ideas. As59 says there’s lots of topics we don’t agree on, especially political ones, but we’re all behind Burnley ... unless apathy sets in for some. We do like an odd whinge mind, as you get older the more whingier you feel.
There can’t be many happy clappy Clarets even though we were 7th last year and are in Europe for the first time in nearly 50 years.
You can’t please all the people all the time!!

willyeck
22-07-2018, 01:49 PM
Willy
Glad you joined in and You’re very welcome here, we need fresh pairs of eyes and new ideas. As59 says there’s lots of topics we don’t agree on, especially political ones, but we’re all behind Burnley ... unless apathy sets in for some. We do like an odd whinge mind, as you get older the more whingier you feel.
There can’t be many happy clappy Clarets even though we were 7th last year and are in Europe for the first time in nearly 50 years.
You can’t please all the people all the time!!
Having had the best season for many years, I couldn't keep quiet when people started moaning almost as soon as the last game finished
They moan about Aberdeen tickets, yet most of those who wanted one got one, nobody came up with a better option to the points system, someone on here suggested putting them on open sale and let people queue up outside the club for them. I did that in the 60s and 70s, I thought we'd moved on since then.

They moan about lack of signings, yet in the same breath say we need to progress, to do that we need to sign better players, and guess what, other clubs want those players, their clubs don't want to sell them, hence it takes time. Not everything is right at the club, but most of it is, or at least as good as it can be, but it just seems fashionable to sit at a keyboard and slag the club off.

sinkov
22-07-2018, 01:52 PM

Drama queens OC, he called us drama queens FFS. I don't know why he's still posting on here. The mods have gone all soft. Feck it, I'm going out.

sinkov
22-07-2018, 02:02 PM

Hmmm, if there are little groups or cliques on here Willy, I don't know who's in them. From my experience most posters are trying to kick three bags of **** out of each other most of time, we just try to keep it polite as far as possible. If I'm in a group/clique I wish the other members would let me know who they are, I could do with some friends. Sometimes other posters agree with me, often they imply I'm an ignorant gob****e. And who am I to say they're wrong ?

The Bedlington Terrier
22-07-2018, 02:48 PM
No argument from me sinkov! :p

The Bedlington Terrier
22-07-2018, 02:49 PM
Having had the best season for many years, I couldn't keep quiet when people started moaning almost as soon as the last game finished
They moan about Aberdeen tickets, yet most of those who wanted one got one, nobody came up with a better option to the points system, someone on here suggested putting them on open sale and let people queue up outside the club for them. I did that in the 60s and 70s, I thought we'd moved on since then.

They moan about lack of signings, yet in the same breath say we need to progress, to do that we need to sign better players, and guess what, other clubs want those players, their clubs don't want to sell them, hence it takes time. Not everything is right at the club, but most of it is, or at least as good as it can be, but it just seems fashionable to sit at a keyboard and slag the club off.

I would love to know how most of those who wanted one, got one? As far as I know the uber band of Burnley brothers with 8000 points got the lot!

The Bedlington Terrier
22-07-2018, 02:52 PM

No little groups on here willyeck, the difference of opinion is quite frankly alarming! :O

willyeck
22-07-2018, 03:04 PM
I would love to know how most of those who wanted one, got one? As far as I know the uber band of Burnley brothers with 8000 points got the lot!
They were on sale for those with less points, if I remember correctly to 5k?

sinkov
22-07-2018, 03:39 PM
No argument from me sinkov! :p

One agreement with you per month BT, that's OK, anything in excess of that and I start to worry.....it would mean you were starting to see sense, and the board wouldn't be half as entertaining if you did.

The Bedlington Terrier
22-07-2018, 04:07 PM
Thank you! Lol! :D

oldcolner
22-07-2018, 04:35 PM
They were on sale for those with less points, if I remember correctly to 5k?
Yes it got to that level Willy!

willyeck
22-07-2018, 04:40 PM
Yes it got to that level Willy!
So the 8000 club didn't take the lot, as suggested above 😁

oldcolner
22-07-2018, 06:19 PM
Drama queens OC, he called us drama queens FFS. I don't know why he's still posting on here. The mods have gone all soft. Feck it, I'm going out.

Here’s a Queen I saw yesterday!

Note the sunny weather!

The Bedlington Terrier
22-07-2018, 06:19 PM
We have never, ever in the history of loyalty points raised the bar to 8000 points. Why now? :confused:

Supersub6
22-07-2018, 06:36 PM
We have never, ever in the history of loyalty points raised the bar to 8000 points. Why now? :confused:

Because they can? :D

sinkov
22-07-2018, 06:44 PM
Perhaps WBA operate a Loyalty Points system when you want to buy one of their players, and we don't have enough. It must be the Loyalty Points, it can't be the money, because we have more than enough of that.

willyeck
22-07-2018, 07:20 PM
Because every year more points are added, such as season ticket purchase, therefore to make it work the bar has to be raised otherwise it comes to the point when everybody has 6000 making the system unworkable if the first option to buy is kept at 6000.

alfinyalcabo
22-07-2018, 08:08 PM
Good point Willy,welcome to the board .. Watch out for the mods.seriously,they're a Pair of cnuts..

sinkov
22-07-2018, 08:23 PM
Good point Willy,welcome to the board .. Watch out for the mods.seriously,they're a Pair of cnuts..

Wait till I make it three Alfie boy, your days will be numbered, and no mistake.

1959_60
22-07-2018, 08:28 PM
i have always liked you Sinkov O:)

alfinyalcabo
22-07-2018, 08:29 PM
Wait till I make it three Alfie boy, your days will be numbered, and no mistake.

Ribble Valley Puff.. Hell will freeze over before you become a mod.. XD

sinkov
22-07-2018, 08:32 PM
Ribble Valley Puff.. Hell will freeze over before you become a mod.. XD

Good job for you, you silly old League loving fool, are you back off your jollies yet ?

sinkov
22-07-2018, 08:34 PM
i have always liked you Sinkov O:)

You'll be safe 59/60, I have a soft spot for political extremists.

alfinyalcabo
22-07-2018, 08:42 PM
Good job for you, you silly old League loving fool, are you back off your jollies yet ?

No another two months yet mate, cycling all over the South Downs at the moment ,weather been unbelievable so far,nothing but sun,sun and more sun..

Altobelli
22-07-2018, 09:55 PM
So pleased that you did not take it the wrong way and kept posting Willy.

We get a few who still come on this Forum just to have a pop and then leave, you may have thought that I'd been too quick on the trigger, but we are aware of the past and need to ensure that them dark days do not return as it was a mess.

As you can see we call each other insulting names from time to time only because we have been posting a while and know how to take each other, maybe this may be the clique you speak of, new posters like yourself are very welcome and appreciated, but its like visiting someone's house and getting the feel of the place before seemingly letting rip, other than that we are all equal and post about any subject we like without threat of being edited, deleted or banned.

Hope you enjoy your time here Willy http://i45.tinypic.com/11v5n4o.jpg

The Bedlington Terrier
23-07-2018, 06:09 AM
Because every year more points are added, such as season ticket purchase, therefore to make it work the bar has to be raised otherwise it comes to the point when everybody has 6000 making the system unworkable if the first option to buy is kept at 6000.

That is plain bonkers. So in effect you believe that our "Super Fans" should continue to have first dibs on every away game?

If "everybody" has 6000 points surely it must then be on a first come, first served basis. The Aberdeen tickets incidentally were sold out at the 6000 points mark.

oldcolner
23-07-2018, 04:53 PM
Burnley Football Club will screen Thursday’s Europa League second qualifying round, first leg tie from Aberdeen live in the club’s Fanzone.

The game, which kicks off at 7.45pm, will be shown via a HD feed from Pittodrie on the big screen on the North East Car Park. There is no charge for admission.

The Fanzone bar will be open from 6pm, along with the James Hargreaves Stand lower tier, for food provision and toilet facilities. No food or drink will be allowed into the Fanzone.

Please note, there will be no car parking available on the north east (main) car park. Car parking will be available on Harry Potts Way and the Harry Potts Way car park.

willyeck
23-07-2018, 05:32 PM
That is plain bonkers. So in effect you believe that our "Super Fans" should continue to have first dibs on every away game?

If "everybody" has 6000 points surely it must then be on a first come, first served basis. The Aberdeen tickets incidentally were sold out at the 6000 points mark.
Those that go to most away games should certainly get first dibs before those who just fancy the high profile games
The points system works without any arguments for 95% of games, I think any company would settle for that high success rate
6000pts? Not the 8000 you were basing your argument on then.. I don't see anyone complaining that they Carnt get Southampton tickets... But come utd away they'll come out of the woodwork complaining they Carnt get a ticket with 4000pts

sinkov
23-07-2018, 05:45 PM
But come utd away they'll come out of the woodwork complaining they Carnt get a ticket with 4000pts

So you liken any fan with 4000 pnts who wants a ticket for the United game to an insect crawling out of woodwork ? Charming character aren't you.

willyeck
23-07-2018, 05:51 PM
So you liken any fan with 4000 pnts who wants a ticket for the United game to an insect crawling out of woodwork ? Charming character aren't you.
I didn't call anyone an insect.... But they certainly shouldn't be at front of the queue for high profile tickets

sinkov
23-07-2018, 06:34 PM
I didn't call anyone an insect.... But they certainly shouldn't be at front of the queue for high profile tickets

So what are those little things you find crawling out of woodwork ?

willyeck
23-07-2018, 07:03 PM
So what are those little things you find crawling out of woodwork ?
It's a well known saying, in daily use, accepted as such by millions, and never in the world have I heard someone come out with such a ridiculous statement as you did. If you want a debate on the points system fair enough, but to be abusive to someone for using that saying just proves the point made yesterday about how new posters are treated by some on this site.

sinkov
23-07-2018, 07:47 PM
Drama Queens, dummies being thrown out of prams, fans crawling out of the woodwork, cliques, ridiculous statements, oh and moaning about being abused.
Not a bad start Willy, keep up the good work. You did say earlier you tend not to hang around forums like this for too long. Don't let me keep you.

oldcolner
23-07-2018, 07:54 PM
Willy I have heard that idiom a number of times. I’m surprised Sinkov hasn’t as he is a man of the world.
I have got my tickets for Southampton as you predicted. Am working on Man U too, but .... that’s a long way off and I am nowhere near 4000 points.

oldcolner
23-07-2018, 07:56 PM
Drama Queens, dummies being thrown out of prams, fans crawling out of the woodwork, cliques, ridiculous statements, oh and moaning about being abused.
Not a bad start Willy, keep up the good work. You did say earlier you tend not to hang around forums like this for too long. Don't let me keep you.

That’s OTT Sinkov.

Norder
23-07-2018, 07:56 PM

as the fans would already be Active - they'd get upset by what they see as their forced Inactivity....I guess that confinement, if not properly ventilated - could cause some irritation ?

;)

willyeck
23-07-2018, 08:15 PM
Iam off.....good luck to the decent ones on here
Sikov.....stay behind your keyboard mate,because you wouldnt last two minutes in the real world

Norder
23-07-2018, 08:23 PM

am sure he's just messin - Will....stick around !

:)

The Bedlington Terrier
23-07-2018, 09:09 PM

At 350 points per season ticket - do the maths! :( Twelve seasons is hardly crawling out of the woodwork.

sinkov
23-07-2018, 09:10 PM
Iam off.....good luck to the decent ones on here
Sikov.....stay behind your keyboard mate,because you wouldnt last two minutes in the real world

Bye Bye.

The Bedlington Terrier
23-07-2018, 09:13 PM
Bloody drama queens! :?

sinkov
23-07-2018, 09:13 PM
Willy I have heard that idiom a number of times. I’m surprised Sinkov hasn’t as he is a man of the world.

I'm quite familiar with the term OC, it's derogatory and insulting. I'm surprised you aren't aware of that.

sinkov
23-07-2018, 09:17 PM
That’s OTT Sinkov.

That's your opinion OC, which you are entitled to, but could you point out which parts are incorrect ? Could you point out where I have abused our new friend as he claimed. And I went easy on him actually, I could have added sarcasm to the list as well.

Alto had this guy's card marked almost immediately, and I trust Alto, his judgement is usually sound.

Supersub6
23-07-2018, 09:22 PM
It's a funny old world and it seems to be getting worse, however, I don't want to get off just yet so I am not going anywhere! ;D

Altobelli
23-07-2018, 10:10 PM
Well that went tits up didn't it ?

Seems Willy does not know how to behave when entering a household that is new to him, or indeed a Forum, takes a good man to admit that he overstepped the mark, and seeing as he could not even do that shows his own compassion towards his fellow man, as it is only a message board after all and not to quote his own words "The Real World".

Sorry to have caused the upheaval fella's, I'm only trying to protect the board and fellow members, and thanks for the vote of confidence Sinkov B)

oldcolner
23-07-2018, 10:23 PM
I'm quite familiar with the term OC, it's derogatory and insulting. I'm surprised you aren't aware of that.

Who is being insulted - disapproving yes but not insulting or disrespectful.

SELDOM_SEEN_KID
23-07-2018, 10:29 PM
Anyone fancy joining the clarets fantasy league?

Altobelli
23-07-2018, 10:30 PM
Who is being insulted - disapproving yes but not insulting or disrespectful.

Now leave it Even Older Colner, he's just a puff who like to watch folk sliding about on ice.

Take no notice of above text, get ripping into each other I say :)

oldcolner
23-07-2018, 10:52 PM

Certainly a few fantasists on here SSK! ;D

You need to tell us more such as what it’s about and how to join. I’m beyond fantasies myself

sinkov
23-07-2018, 11:42 PM
but could you point out which parts are incorrect ? Could you point out where I have abused our new friend as he claimed.

In your own time OC.

The Bedlington Terrier
24-07-2018, 02:05 AM

I'm much too busy booking taxis!

Balanbam00
24-07-2018, 04:07 AM
Fantasy? I would join too but I have only got a 30 second memory!!

oldcolner
24-07-2018, 06:47 AM
In your own time OC.

You did say earlier you tend not to hang around forums like this for too long. Don't let me keep you.
No need for that.
Well you got your way, Sinkov.

The Bedlington Terrier
24-07-2018, 07:04 AM
We have the occasional shooting star OC who arrives all guns blazing. Sheriff Alto usually runs them out of town.

Looks like sinkov wants to be a deputy too? O:)

I've got to be honest and fair to Alto and sinkov, the young whippersnapper was really starting to get on my tits too!

sinkov
24-07-2018, 08:08 AM
You did say earlier you tend not to hang around forums like this for too long. Don't let me keep you.
No need for that.
Well you got your way, Sinkov.

He hinted in a previous post that he didn't think much of these forums, tended not to hang around on them, I merely pointed out that
no one was forcing him to hang around this one if it wasn't to his liking.

I notice you still haven't pointed out where anything I listed about his posts was incorrect, or where I have abused him.

I suggest you go back and read his OP, where he appears from nowhere on a perfectly reasonable and amicable discussion about the club's attitude to it's fans, calls us all drama queens, accuses BT of chucking his toys out of the pram and tells him to go and support another club. Like I said, not a good start.

willyeck
24-07-2018, 08:09 AM
We have the occasional shooting star OC who arrives all guns blazing. Sheriff Alto usually runs them out of town.

I've got to be honest and fair to Alto and sinkov, the young whippersnapper was really starting to get on my tits too!
Bullys should never win so i might just hang around to get on your tits a bit more

sinkov
24-07-2018, 08:12 AM

Whoa there Sheriff, not me, I'll continue to hand my gun in at the Saloon Bar door and sit quietly minding my own business.

sinkov
24-07-2018, 08:21 AM
Bullys should never win so i might just hang around to get on your tits a bit more

Somehow Willy, I don't think you will, please refer back to Posts 15 and 17.

willyeck
24-07-2018, 08:41 AM
Somehow Willy, I don't think you will, please refer back to Posts 15 and 17.
You mean your threats?

The Bedlington Terrier
24-07-2018, 08:41 AM

Alternatively, just play nicely and have a proper debate like grown ups do! >:)

sinkov
24-07-2018, 11:36 AM
You mean your threats?

Whatever. :zzz::zzz:

oldcolner
24-07-2018, 12:33 PM
I notice you still haven't pointed out where anything I listed about his posts was incorrect, or where I have abused him.
Sinkov
I never commented on either of those things, I just didn’t like the last sentence. We are all grown ups and hopefully can take a few criticisms.
Willy will adjust to that given a chance. We need new blood and trying to shut it down like that will knock prospective contributors off.
I hope Willy stays and makes positive contributions. ;D

Mods need to help them not run them out of town on day 1 BT

oldcolner
24-07-2018, 12:39 PM

Willy
Please stay and be constructive.

Altobelli
24-07-2018, 03:20 PM
… .. . .

Altobelli
24-07-2018, 03:20 PM
Testing

Altobelli
24-07-2018, 03:21 PM
Testing again

Altobelli
24-07-2018, 03:35 PM

I guess the above remark is pointed at me Colner ?

I posted on the matter because his seemingly aggressive attitude to a few posters in one post, which did not look like he warranted any replies for discussion, banter or anything else, it was pointed, forthright and a little arrogant.

My initial post was just pointing out how WE expect to be treated by newbees who want to join in and produce debate, banter, differences and above all fun.

his post is below:

What drama queens!!

I replied to him again in my 2nd post, even after his remark that it was meant to be sarcastic and not aggressive, to reiterate my first post which also had my words of "So pleased that you did not take it the wrong way and kept posting Willy" and "Hope you enjoy your time here Willy".

But like a few (which does remind me of primive), he has not or does not want to grasp it.

So where have I run him out ?

Your post "Willy Please stay and be constructive".

You know me, I give everyone the right to free speech and to say whatever they feel, but how can you expect him to be constructive when he comes out with childish remarks like " i might just hang around to get on your tits a bit more ?

I have tried to guide him, even you Colner said he could have at least put a smilie on his post, he knows where they are but like his negative attitude he refuses to use it.

The Bedlington Terrier
24-07-2018, 03:39 PM
Whoa there OC, I only said he was starting to get on my tits! As you well know I never use the Moderator tag to throw my flabby weight around.

In fact the last person banned on here was well over a year ago and there have only ever been two in our history since CT departed.

I'm sure willyeck will soon settle down and enjoy being as daft as the rest of us! I really don't think he was being "bullied" do you? :rolleyes:

willyeck
24-07-2018, 04:15 PM
My initial post was just pointing out how WE expect to be treated by newbees who want to join in and produce debate, banter, differences and above all fun.
So newbies have to act in a certain way to be accepted?
And if they don't conform to what you think is acceptable?
I only used the term tits, because someone else had already used it in reference to myself
As for being a young whippersnapper.... Iam probably older than the lot of you
We are all different, and have different ways of putting things accross, for me as long as its not abusive to an individual then it's fine, just because you don't like the style of a particular post, it shouldn't end up with some of the posts aimed at myself.

I have no intention of posting on here in the future, other than to defend myself on this thread should the three posters concerned insist on continuing the argument.

The Bedlington Terrier
24-07-2018, 04:25 PM
Adios amigo. :blue:

Norder
24-07-2018, 04:28 PM

an interval - at last.....I can get an ice cream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylXLWInAjpI

>;)

oldcolner
24-07-2018, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the reassurance. BT and Alto

Let’s hope Willy shows us his good side his holy side as in Holy Willy’s prayer. Lol

Again his t*t comment only needed a smiley. ;D

Maybe we need a Guidance for posters sticky!

I now see having written this Willy is older than some of us 70 year olds and he isn’t staying.

Back to Sinkovs apathy then.

Altobelli
24-07-2018, 05:51 PM
What the hell has age got to do with anything willy ?

You say you have visited various forums before but do not stay long.

No, new posters have not to act in a certain way, but to repeat myself, it’s nice & decent for anyone who ventures to new pastures to feel their way in without sounding confrontational, if you are as old as you say & been around various forums (which I doubt) you would understand a lot do not take to new posters & get abused, ridiculed and banned, on here we always accept newbies who choose to be amicable & seem friendly, which seems out of your capability, I tried to reason with you without being overbearing & hoped you would understand, which you still don’t,I know for a fact you would not have been given the same privilege on utc.

Feel free to try & defend yourself on this thread, it’s getting tedious already as you cannot or don’t want to listen to sense, if you still cannot come across as reasonable then it will be closed.

willyeck
24-07-2018, 05:58 PM
What the hell has age got to do with anything willy ?

You say you have visited various forums before but do not stay long.

No, new posters have not to act in a certain way, but to repeat myself, it’s nice & decent for anyone who ventures to new pastures to feel their way in without sounding confrontational, if you are as old as you say & been around various forums (which I doubt) you would understand a lot do not take to new posters & get abused, ridiculed and banned, on here we always accept newbies who choose to be amicable & seem friendly, which seems out of your capability, I tried to reason with you without being overbearing & hoped you would understand, which you still don’t,I know for a fact you would not have been given the same privilege on utc.

Feel free to try & defend yourself on this thread, it’s getting tedious already as you cannot or don’t want to listen to sense, if you still cannot come across as reasonable then it will be closed.

😂😂😂😂😂😂 What a load of pompous tosh.... Suggest you close the thread

The Bedlington Terrier
24-07-2018, 06:29 PM
������������ What a load of pompous tosh.... Suggest you close the thread

We have a favoured mode of transport for people who just don't get what this site is all about, it's called "Do One Airlines". Please do us all a favour and jump on board?

CaspertheClaret
24-07-2018, 06:35 PM
Only just read through this thread - who is this new un?

Is he sent from else where to agitate or is he just that sort?

Either way plenty of people manage to come in and establish themselves as posters with their own identities without being a mard arse. If you dont like it - then feel free to leave.

wmdave_b
24-07-2018, 06:57 PM
I’m a bit apathetical about watching the Aberdeen match on telly even. Should have got BT sport added by now but can’t be arsed lol...

CaspertheClaret
24-07-2018, 06:59 PM
wmdave - I am sure there will be lots of decent streams around. I am relying on that. I dont think the away match is on BT anyway. I couldn't see it on the listings.

1959_60
24-07-2018, 07:03 PM
No it isn't Casper.

In my opinion the sooner we are out of it the better.

Third rate competition which I never watch....apart from the final occasionally.

A big call on our resources.

Come on Aberdeen!

wmdave_b
24-07-2018, 07:06 PM
Maybe I can get interested to subscribe for the home leg then Casper, thanks for the info mate.

1959_60
24-07-2018, 07:15 PM
I don't know where you live Dave but you can go to the Fanzone at 'Turf on Thursday and watch it for nowt.

Altobelli
24-07-2018, 08:09 PM
������������ What a load of pompous tosh.... Suggest you close the thread

Whatever you suggest, with your past history on here (all be it a short one) I’d imagine no one would do anything you suggest, especially after being given more than adequate time to be reasonable.

willyeck
24-07-2018, 08:43 PM
Whatever you suggest, with your past history on here (all be it a short one) I’d imagine no one would do anything you suggest, especially after being given more than adequate time to be reasonable.
The funny thing is iam not a newbee , youve just jumped on the bandwagon without checking things..😂😂...its been fun 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

alfinyalcabo
24-07-2018, 08:55 PM
The funny thing is iam not a newbee , youve just jumped on the bandwagon without checking things.....its been fun 

Stay around Willy,I'm sure I know you,but can't put a name to you yet..lol

Altobelli
24-07-2018, 09:35 PM
The funny thing is iam not a newbee , youve just jumped on the bandwagon without checking things..����...its been fun ��������������

I’m really happy that it’s created so much fun for you in your empty head, if I knew anyone who played tiddlywinks I would introduce them to you, you’d I’m sure have so much fun.

I think we could all put a name to him Alf ��

SELDOM_SEEN_KID
25-07-2018, 12:15 PM
Sinkov
I never commented on either of those things, I just didn’t like the last sentence. We are all grown ups and hopefully can take a few criticisms.
Willy will adjust to that given a chance. We need new blood and trying to shut it down like that will knock prospective contributors off.
I hope Willy stays and makes positive contributions. ;D

So i have been a member for years, here's a fun fact.
IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FEEL WELCOMED HERE!

above i posted something i posted a year ago, and banter aside, i fell disregarded, and had the piss taken out of me by certain individuals for a month. thats not me being sensitive, i honestly don't care. MOST members are amazing great craic and genuinely nice. I suggest the mods take a stand. realise who started the issue and address it! inbox maybe 3 random people for an opinion to make it non biased.

I find it a shame that you have some great posts, some great people.. but nobody else is allowed here for a few of you!

ps i have no idea who the moderators are!

On another note.. Burnley are going to be trying some new tactics this year, faster more effective and i think it might just work and be more entertaining.
Transfers... ITS A WORLD CUP SUMMER. the big teams start later and the leftovers are available by XMAS. GET A GRIP

lets get behind the team, our fans (even the nutters) have some beers.

I miss Stephan Jordan, the worlds worst full back

SELDOM_SEEN_KID
25-07-2018, 12:28 PM
I’m really happy that it’s created so much fun for you in your empty head, if I knew anyone who played tiddlywinks I would introduce them to you, you’d I’m sure have so much fun.

I think we could all put a name to him Alf ��

So ahhhh this is what a moderator does... abuses someone, if they don't conform they are gone.. so this is a dictatorship for a select few.. absolute joke.

No wonder you dont get any new members, I would change the name of the forum to Curmudgeon UTD

Alltobelli if you need some tips on how to moderate or maybe a lesson to understand the role..

YES WIlly has been Bullied.. he also forgot to ask permission to be himself..

thats my OPINION... to which i am entitled.

SELDOM_SEEN_KID
25-07-2018, 12:35 PM
Now leave it Even Older Colner, he's just a puff who like to watch folk sliding about on ice.

Take no notice of above text, get ripping into each other I say :)

Not abusive in any way.. calling someone a puff... are we in primary school here, these days are you really sure?

oldcolner
25-07-2018, 01:40 PM
SSK
Impossible to feel welcome here!
Some thought provoking comments there. I would like to welcome you and hope you stay and give us more as this needs to thrive if it’s to be any use. I can see how you might feel there’s a clique, but if you read the posts you’ll see there’s rarely a consensus and some heated discussions, which hopefully are not hated discussions. We manage to get on with the odd insult and a smiley. The mods are usually hands off too, I think we could all do more to encourage welcome and support new posters.
Sometimes the mods are not moderate! But not very often and if Sinkov is happy to be labelled that way I suppose it’s up to him. Maybe he has altos home address .... lol.
Please stay and if you are looking for comments bump your post or add another comment. It usually works for me.

SELDOM_SEEN_KID
25-07-2018, 02:39 PM
SSK
Impossible to feel welcome here!
Some thought provoking comments there. I would like to welcome you and hope you stay and give us more as this needs to thrive if it’s to be any use. I can see how you might feel there’s a clique, but if you read the posts you’ll see there’s rarely a consensus and some heated discussions, which hopefully are not hated discussions. We manage to get on with the odd insult and a smiley. The mods are usually hands off too, I think we could all do more to encourage welcome and support new posters.
Sometimes the mods are not moderate! But not very often and if Sinkov is happy to be labelled that way I suppose it’s up to him. Maybe he has altos home address .... lol.
Please stay and if you are looking for comments bump your post or add another comment. It usually works for me.

Now thats the kind of reply that makes one stay... I vote OC for moderator..

i had good intentions with saying what i said...
IT NEEDED TO BE SAID

some of the responses in this thread DID NOT NEED TO BE SAID:O:heart:o>;)

SMILEY FACE, lol I hate emojis, the gf is always sending them and i never know how to reply..

oldcolner
25-07-2018, 03:03 PM
Now thats the kind of reply that makes one stay... I vote OC for moderator..

i had good intentions with saying what i said...
IT NEEDED TO BE SAID

some of the responses in this thread DID NOT NEED TO BE SAID:O:heart:o>;)

SMILEY FACE, lol I hate emojis, the gf is always sending them and i never know how to reply..

SSK
I’m not moderate enough to do that and can be curmudgeonly too, but thanks for the comment. I appreciate you saying what you felt in a reasonable way and hope others do too.
Regarding the new tactics what can we expect? Do you have an inside track?
I don’t like emojis but sometimes my wit or lack of it, is taken seriously and cold words can sometime convey a wrong message. Hope you don’t have that with your GF. O:)

The Bedlington Terrier
25-07-2018, 03:47 PM
SELDOM_SEEN_KID if you don't know who moderates this board they are obviously conspicuous by their absence.

That's exactly how we want it! We just expect everybody to be able to dish it and take it an a reasonably adult fashion.

There are a zillion other forums each doing their own thing, there are minute by minute media reports, social media, Twitter, Facebook etc. etc.

We like being curmudgeonly, it's who we are and what we do. Incidentally, Burnley will continue to play a pressing game, concede possession, defend like whirling Dervishes and play on the break and be lethal from set plays. 7th again anyone?

wmdave_b
25-07-2018, 04:37 PM

above i posted something i posted a year ago, and banter aside, i fell disregarded, and had the piss taken out of me by certain individuals for a month. thats not me being sensitive, i honestly don't care. MOST members are amazing great craic and genuinely nice. I suggest the mods take a stand. realise who started the issue and address it! inbox maybe 3 random people for an opinion to make it non biased.

I find it a shame that you have some great posts, some great people.. but nobody else is allowed here for a few of you!

On another note.. Burnley are going to be trying some new tactics this year, faster more effective and i think it might just work and be more entertaining.
Transfers... ITS A WORLD CUP SUMMER. the big teams start later and the leftovers are available by XMAS. GET A GRIP

Some good points SSK. 100% agree about the dodgy full back.

The Bedlington Terrier
25-07-2018, 06:25 PM
I miss Whoosh! R.I.P. mate.

Altobelli
25-07-2018, 10:04 PM
I'm going to address this thread for the last time, especially for those who find it difficult to understand or act as if it is rocket science.

I have found it strange with what some posters who have responded with, and equally posters who have viewed but not responded.

Seldem_Seen_Kid, or whatever you are called, I have tried to read your last posts many times yet still cannot grasp it, is it done in code ? I'll try to address what I can understand.

First off You came on here with 2 usernames, I advised you at the time it was only allowed, not my rules but the Web Sites, using 2 usernames is an instant ban, you was not banned, you was given fair treatment in not being banned but took it upon yourself to make an excuse about not knowing and getting the hump, I said at the time that the general public is all the same when things go smoothly but when they are "advised" about something they have done wrong, they throw a wobbly and shoot the messenger even when given a chance, which is the stance you took.

You may have posted something on this thread earlier but it was off topic, that is why I did not respond and probably why everyone else didn't.

Your post # 122, Yes I did abuse him, I responded after twice trying to ease the situation which he took no notice of, then came back with his inane reply of "The funny thing is iam not a newbee , youve just jumped on the bandwagon without checking things..����...its been fun �������������� " which in my book (moderator or not) is showing he has been taking the P!SS all along with his childish games; I also don't need any tips from you about moderating especially as you don't even understand the rules, and NO Willy or whatever his name was has not been bullied and if anybody has to ask for permission to speak and he/she is of the same attitude as him they will be treated accordingly.

Post # 123, in which I said to Colner referring to Sinkov "Now leave it Even Older Colner, he's just a puff who like's to watch folk sliding about on ice". You claim its abusive, but its not, it is in banter between 3 regular poster's on this board, (you wouldn't call someone you hardly knew a puff in a pub would you ? but you would say it to someone in a group you knew) or is that so hard to grasp for you ?

You say you have been here a year and do not feel welcome, strange that you twice have come onto threads with arguments on them, yet have only posted 31 times in that year, fine if the Forum does not suit you then don't use it, but strange you should enter fragmented threads and not a lot of others, indeed we have a tool which shows who view's what thread's, time and date, and you don't view that many either, because if you did you'd know my reference to Sinkov and being a puff was taken from what Sinkov said on the "Your Moniker" thread.

I'm the first and last person to always allow folk to vent their opinion which is their right, you don't seem to like what some have written on here and you have voiced your own views, fair play to you, and I have responded above which I hope you understand.

Finally, I looked to see who viewed this thread, as well as Willy, Seldom and all the regulars, there were 8 other new usernames who did not view any other thread on the 1st page, just this one, now call me cynical but that is very odd.

sinkov
25-07-2018, 10:34 PM
Either way plenty of people manage to come in and establish themselves as posters with their own identities without being a mard arse. If you dont like it - then feel free to leave.

Bloody hell Casper, you're playing with fire. I also pointed out that he was free to leave whenever he liked, and was told quite pointedly by OC that he didn't like it. Oh, and I was a bully as well.

Have you got your tin hat nearby ? When OC sees your post you're going to need it. He thinks we should be really nice to him.

sinkov
25-07-2018, 10:48 PM
"Sometimes the mods are not moderate! But not very often and if Sinkov is happy to be labelled that way I suppose it’s up to him. Maybe he has altos home address .... lol."

I'm not sure how I'm labelled OC, would you care to explain.

sinkov
25-07-2018, 10:56 PM
Not abusive in any way.. calling someone a puff... are we in primary school here, these days are you really sure?

Awful isn't it SSK, that's me he was referring to. I'm all of a dither, I can't sleep and I'm having to have stress counselling, but when I recover, if I ever do, I'm going to sue him.

The Bedlington Terrier
26-07-2018, 04:27 AM
Awful isn't it SSK, that's me he was referring to. I'm all of a dither, I can't sleep and I'm having to have stress counselling, but when I recover, if I ever do, I'm going to sue him.

May I respectfully suggest my own litigation experts?

oldcolner
26-07-2018, 07:19 AM
"Sometimes the mods are not moderate! But not very often and if Sinkov is happy to be labelled that way I suppose it’s up to him. Maybe he has altos home address .... lol."

I'm not sure how I'm labelled OC, would you care to explain.

I would guess Not to be taken - seriously. To be used sparingly. Wash hands after use.

SELDOM_SEEN_KID
26-07-2018, 07:51 AM
I'm going to address this thread for the last time, especially for those who find it difficult to understand or act as if it is rocket science.

I have found it strange with what some posters who have responded with, and equally posters who have viewed but not responded.

Seldem_Seen_Kid, or whatever you are called, I have tried to read your last posts many times yet still cannot grasp it, is it done in code ? I'll try to address what I can understand.

First off You came on here with 2 usernames, I advised you at the time it was only allowed, not my rules but the Web Sites, using 2 usernames is an instant ban, you was not banned, you was given fair treatment in not being banned but took it upon yourself to make an excuse about not knowing and getting the hump, I said at the time that the general public is all the same when things go smoothly but when they are "advised" about something they have done wrong, they throw a wobbly and shoot the messenger even when given a chance, which is the stance you took.

You may have posted something on this thread earlier but it was off topic, that is why I did not respond and probably why everyone else didn't.

Your post # 122, Yes I did abuse him, I responded after twice trying to ease the situation which he took no notice of, then came back with his inane reply of "The funny thing is iam not a newbee , youve just jumped on the bandwagon without checking things..����...its been fun �������������� " which in my book (moderator or not) is showing he has been taking the P!SS all along with his childish games; I also don't need any tips from you about moderating especially as you don't even understand the rules, and NO Willy or whatever his name was has not been bullied and if anybody has to ask for permission to speak and he/she is of the same attitude as him they will be treated accordingly.

Post # 123, in which I said to Colner referring to Sinkov "Now leave it Even Older Colner, he's just a puff who like's to watch folk sliding about on ice". You claim its abusive, but its not, it is in banter between 3 regular poster's on this board, (you wouldn't call someone you hardly knew a puff in a pub would you ? but you would say it to someone in a group you knew) or is that so hard to grasp for you ?

You say you have been here a year and do not feel welcome, strange that you twice have come onto threads with arguments on them, yet have only posted 31 times in that year, fine if the Forum does not suit you then don't use it, but strange you should enter fragmented threads and not a lot of others, indeed we have a tool which shows who view's what thread's, time and date, and you don't view that many either, because if you did you'd know my reference to Sinkov and being a puff was taken from what Sinkov said on the "Your Moniker" thread.

I'm the first and last person to always allow folk to vent their opinion which is their right, you don't seem to like what some have written on here and you have voiced your own views, fair play to you, and I have responded above which I hope you understand.

Finally, I looked to see who viewed this thread, as well as Willy, Seldom and all the regulars, there were 8 other new usernames who did not view any other thread on the 1st page, just this one, now call me cynical but that is very odd.
<TITLE>
WOW. so many words to say so little, let me summerise for you
<HEADER>
1 pointing out this is your last post on this thread means you are not up for a conversation, my conclusion to that is that no other opinion matters

2. The arrogance that i was upset 1 year ago makes my laugh so much, what made me confused is you recommending which account i keep, surely that was my choice. I had forgotten about that 10 seconds after it happened.

3. Seldom Seen Kid or whatever i am called kind of is self explanatory. A bloke that isn't there all the time! As Elbow puts it. In the song he appears on Tuesdays and treats everyone and then disappears, true story!

4. The thread is called "Apathy has set in" my post of fantasy football what very apt and my apathy to post again set in.

5. On a serious note and less tongue in cheek, I work every day to make sure that the Human Race survives. its a busy job. Sorry for not reading every post, I didn't know I had to lol is it compulsory ?

6. My tip would be, embrace new people of all sorts EQUALLY(the idiots tend to float to the top eventually) if you wish this forum to survive, the clue is that several people looked, observed, probably laughed and then left. were they laughing with you, or at you is probably the question you want to answer.

otherwise I actually crack up with some of the banter you guys have, everyone is different. I just feel being rude, abusing people and excluding people is not healthy in what is in essence a great forum.
<THE AMUSING BIT>
#tongueincheek Is that clear now or would you prefer it in C++ or JavaScript, I can easily crack on in <Open>HTML5<CLOSE>
<RANT OVER>
<>
:p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL4mywCOJXA

sinkov
26-07-2018, 08:00 AM
I would guess Not to be taken - seriously. To be used sparingly. Wash hands after use.

Thank you for your ambivalent reply OC. I thought you might have had the courage of your convictions, but it appears not. If you've got something to say about me, just say it. I promise I won't whine about being bullied, or threaten to leave the board as seems to be the fashion with the snowflakes these days. Go on, get it off your chest.

sinkov
26-07-2018, 09:18 AM
May I respectfully suggest my own litigation experts?

I am your litigation expert BT, and the way me and you are going I'm going to be over-worked.

Oldtimeram
26-07-2018, 09:44 AM

I am a Ram and I survived Claret Tony. You think you have had it rough?

oldcolner
26-07-2018, 10:02 AM
Sinkov
How do you know about my convictions?
You do go off on tangents and nit pick. I have nothing to say about you except I enjoy our banter, you can’t help coming from clitheroe or not spotting my tongue in my cheek.
I was purely referring to alto saying you were a honey monster fan and at that time it had passed you by - that’s all- no smileys on my phone.

The Bedlington Terrier
26-07-2018, 01:29 PM
I am your litigation expert BT, and the way me and you are going I'm going to be over-worked.

Lol! I'm working myself into an early grave as it is!

The Bedlington Terrier
26-07-2018, 01:30 PM
I am a Ram and I survived Claret Tony. You think you have had it rough?

By gum, them were the days!

sinkov
26-07-2018, 03:25 PM
Sinkov
How do you know about my convictions?
You do go off on tangents and nit pick. I have nothing to say about you except I enjoy our banter, you can’t help coming from clitheroe or not spotting my tongue in my cheek.
I was purely referring to alto saying you were a honey monster fan and at that time it had passed you by - that’s all- no smileys on my phone.

I'm so pleased to hear that OC, I'd started to suspect I was getting up your nose. Which of course is never my intention.

Not sure what Alto and the honey monster has to do with anything though ? It really did pass me by, Alto as well I think, as I doubt he ever said it.

oldcolner
26-07-2018, 04:31 PM
I'm so pleased to hear that OC, I'd started to suspect I was getting up your nose. Which of course is never my intention.

Not sure what Alto and the honey monster has to do with anything though ? It really did pass me by, Alto as well I think, as I doubt he ever said it.

Up my nose never Thatsnot on.
I owe Alto an apology it was Alf - on this thread post 56
He also said it on another thread which will highlighted.