PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day Victory--a Question

SBRed48
01-08-2018, 11:36 AM
The mighty Reds have only won one of their opening day league fixtures in the last twelve seasons. When was the last time they won--year, opponents, score ?

Last 12 years W1 D2 L9

No Googling.

Ponte_Steve24
01-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Yeovil Town 1-0 Robbie Williams Penalty 2005/6 season.

Romared
01-08-2018, 12:45 PM
A think tha reyt Ponte , a wunt ev got year or scooara tho,

SBRed48
01-08-2018, 01:20 PM
That wo 13 years ago and was going to be my next question. That year we beat Swindon Town 2-0 at Fortress Oakwell in Aug 2005. In the 12 years after that win ie 2006 to 2017 inclusive (it is 12) wiv only wun wunce on opening day of season. Not a trick question by the way.
The question remains unanswered !

Romared
01-08-2018, 01:29 PM
Worrit Boro wen that Irish midfield laika Mc cort scooard , dunt kno year tho
gorrit ? Derby 2-0 still dunt kno year ?

SBRed48
01-08-2018, 01:40 PM
Tha reyt wi Boro Roma.

Al gi a clue fo year and scooar --Craig Davies scooared the winner

animallittle3
01-08-2018, 01:40 PM
That wo 13 years ago and was going to be my next question. That year we beat Swindon Town 2-0 at Fortress Oakwell in Aug 2005. In the 12 years after that win ie 2006 to 2017 inclusive (it is 12) wiv only wun wunce on opening day of season. Not a trick question by the way.
The question remains unanswered !

Beat boro 1-0 under Keef , Craig Davies scored and John Stones made his debut , august 2012 .

First game I took my new GF to , my partner JLO .

And we all lived happily ever after !!!!!!!

SBRed48
01-08-2018, 01:58 PM
Matches often stick in the memory for reasons other than football and tha reyt Animal. I took a girl friend to Cleethorpes forra first date. She worrup forrup til we got theear and told her we were going to watch Grimsby-v-Barnsley. We wo 2-0 up but lost 3-2, early 80's. Treated her to a back street Chinky in Cleethorpes. Can't understand why it din't last long.

2017 Bristol City 3 Barnsley 1
2016 Ipswich 4 Barnsley 2
2015 Chesterfield 3 Barnsley 1
2014 Barnsley 0 Crawley 1
2013 Barnsley 0 Wigan 4
2012 Barnsley 1 Boro 0
2011 Forest 0 Barnsley 0
2010 QPR 4 Barnsley 0
2009 Sheff Wed 2 Barnsley 2
2008 QPR 2 Barnsley 1
2007 Barnsley 1 Coventry 4
2006 Barnsley 1 Cardiff 2
2005 Barnsley 2 Swindon 0

Ponte_Steve24
01-08-2018, 02:22 PM
First game I took Laura to was 31st December 2011. Barnsley 4-1 Leeds :D

SBRed48
01-08-2018, 02:43 PM
First game I took Laura to was 31st December 2011. Barnsley 4-1 Leeds :D

A bet that ceiling leet wo rocking after that. XD XD.

This ez the mekkins of some good tales. Tell us your disasters/ successes involving girlfriends/ boyfriends and BFC games.

Aar took a posh lass art, a bit like Rodney and that posh sort Lady Victoria on Only Fools looking forra bitta rough. She sed she was at the Slade School of Art in London so I played it cool and took her to a cornfield near Cannon Hall hoping forra open air florik like in them posh books. She wont evvin it. Ah sed al tek thi to a match (it wo Barnsley-v-S****horpe) and she sed "How super". We walked rarnd to old Spion Kop terraces and she sed " I thought we would be sitting down up there" pointing to the Directors Box.
She failed to turn up at the Thrupeeny Bit next neet.

Romared
01-08-2018, 04:12 PM
;D , a wunce took a lass t Colchester , bus frum Artpooast , av mentioned it afoor on ere abart driver geein us some sacks to gu Appling ont way darn , shi nivva spock a word , but if looks cudda killed adda bin deerd nar, a teld her shiwa apple ov mi eye anorl :heart: ,it dint wuk art , my motto is Wimmin n Football shunt appun , nowt ageeunst the many that gu , nivva ageeun fo me tho

SBRed48
01-08-2018, 04:26 PM
;D , a wunce took a lass t Colchester , bus frum Artpooast , av mentioned it afoor on ere abart driver geein us some sacks to gu Appling ont way darn , shi nivva spock a word , but if looks cudda killed adda bin deerd nar, a teld her shiwa apple ov mi eye anorl :heart: ,it dint wuk art , my motto is Wimmin n Football shunt appun , nowt ageeunst the many that gu , nivva ageeun fo me tho

Luvvit.

Drawing pins are under lasses thumb nardays. The wimmin carn't stop laughing.

Romared
01-08-2018, 04:56 PM
Tha reyt SB itsa wummans world nar !!!!

pass_and_move
01-08-2018, 05:19 PM
Scarborough at ooam in 1998 wo first match a took ar lass to. League cup first rarnd and we won 3 nowt. We went tut East dene WMC forra pooast match pint n a sez to her tharra lucky omen thee, if we're at ooam in next rarnd we'll gu ageean. We drew Reading at ooam, we both went darn and won 3 nowt ageeun :D a thowt to missen, ey up am definitely onto summat ere. "Did thy enjoy thissen luv?"

She said "It wor oreight. That Ashley Ward's attractive " wi a smile on her face.

A sez " are, a could shag him missen n all sometimes when iz scooarin "

That soon shut her up :D ;D

Exiletyke
01-08-2018, 05:34 PM
Scarborough at ooam in 1998 wo first match a took ar lass to. League cup first rarnd and we won 3 nowt. We went tut East dene WMC forra pooast match pint n a sez to her tharra lucky omen thee, if we're at ooam in next rarnd we'll gu ageean. We drew Reading at ooam, we both went darn and won 3 nowt ageeun :D a thowt to missen, ey up am definitely onto summat ere. "Did thy enjoy thissen luv?"

She said "It wor oreight. That Ashley Ward's attractive " wi a smile on her face.

A sez " are, a could shag him missen n all sometimes when iz scooarin "

That soon shut her up :D ;D

What was Ashley's reaction, is that why he left Pass?

Exiletyke
01-08-2018, 05:40 PM

This ez the mekkins of some good tales. Tell us your disasters/ successes involving girlfriends/ boyfriends and BFC games.

Aar took a posh lass art, a bit like Rodney and that posh sort Lady Victoria on Only Fools looking forra bitta rough. She sed she was at the Slade School of Art in London so I played it cool and took her to a cornfield near Cannon Hall hoping forra open air florik like in them posh books. She wont evvin it. Ah sed al tek thi to a match (it wo Barnsley-v-S****horpe) and she sed "How super". We walked rarnd to old Spion Kop terraces and she sed " I thought we would be sitting down up there" pointing to the Directors Box.

That's because ya had probably been messin' wi' her tuppence ;D

SBRed48
01-08-2018, 05:42 PM
Tha'r a true romantic Pass.

Lord Byronesque

Ponte_Steve24
01-08-2018, 08:03 PM

We did as it happens we got drunk that night had our new years eve meat n' tatie pie n peas. Then up the apples n' pears for a fumble ;D