PDA

View Full Version : Come on Tony,Warney needs your help.NOW

MillerBill
04-08-2018, 08:41 PM
Today,we were outclassed by a team that will probably finish in the top half.However,it was so obvious that the team that PW picked was going to struggle today.Both full backs were vulnerable,Wood cannot hack it at this level,central midfield was slow and ineffective.Taylor is at best an average league 1 player and Ball offers nothing.We need some pace and quality injected in to this squad.We are not asking to compete with the likes of Forest and Derby etc. but we do get 7 million by being in the championship.We haven't spent a penny yet.Confidence needs boosting quickly before it's too late.

Silly-miller
04-08-2018, 09:39 PM
Iv been talking to a few fans and majority are saying if rotherham go down because tony Stewart thinks he can get away with free transfers. They will stop going,

Bit harsh but I see where they are coming from sort off

welovebooth
04-08-2018, 09:46 PM
what's happened to these million pound transfers we was going to sign under Evans?

people are starting to see in the championship Tony Stewart is completely out of his depth money wise.

then tony Stewart mentions promotion to the premiership in his interviews.

the last time we was in the championship has done alot of damage to the club at this level.

KerrAvon
04-08-2018, 09:59 PM
How much extra are you willing to pay, chaps, or is it just Warne who is expected to put his hand in his pocket?

Silly-miller
04-08-2018, 09:59 PM
Even I’m starting to wonder if mr Stewart’s given up on the club.

Last year we made money on Danny ward and fisher and we spent next to nothing on transfers. Yes we had to pay blackstock off but what’s the excuse this year we are in championship we have promotion money and still we don’t spend anything, why? Has Tony given up? Is he saving the money up bit by bit? Is the academy leaving us broke? Is he planning on upgrading stadium with it?

What’s going on?

sota
04-08-2018, 11:36 PM
lol this thread

Brin
04-08-2018, 11:41 PM
How much extra are you willing to pay, chaps, or is it just Warne who is expected to put his hand in his pocket?

Same old repetitive post.....yawn.

Tony Stewart is the Chairman of this club by choice and not the fans you so cheaply ask to front the money. They pay their hundreds and thousands via attending the home games so they have a right to raise valid questions.

We simply will not survive in THIS demanding league with players who are clearly out of their depth,
It’s Warne I feel for who will be blamed for the impending failure at this rate with a sub standard team.
Always quite easy to dispose of a Manager and blame their short comings when, the blame is with those who won’t speculate to accumulate if only to retain championship status.

Post something sensible or don’t bother.

CASPER-64-FRANK
04-08-2018, 11:42 PM

You've asked this question before KerrAvon.

You didn't get an answer last time and I doubt you will get one this time !

KerrAvon
05-08-2018, 05:43 AM
You've asked this question before KerrAvon.

You didn't get an answer last time and I doubt you will get one this time !
I have indeed and I don't think I will.

Brin doesn't seem to have noticed that I put my post up in response to the same old repetitive post (yawn) about Stewart needing to put his hand in his pocket more deeply than he does already.

Supporters with an ounce of realism about them knew that this would be a tough season. How tough is impossible to tell after one game. I recall that we lost to Fleetwood in the opening game of last season and the same prophets of doom were out predicting relegation.

Time will tell. We'll have a better idea after five games and a pretty good one after ten. One thing is for sure, which is that even if the sack cloth and ashes brigade are right about our prospects, it's probably too late to fix it by breaking the wage structure at the club this season.

This is Rotherham United. If people want to support clubs with higher wage bills there are a number available.

sota
05-08-2018, 06:03 AM
Not bad Kerr. I also think that Warney will realise very quickly that the 'lads' approach will not work at this level.

gkotw
05-08-2018, 06:23 AM
There's another angle to this lads, and one which I think needs exploring. Its an angle which brings warne into just as much focus as TS with regards the finances.

Here goes, im led to believe that warney has voluntarily set a player wage cap. He has done this with good intentions, I.e. so that we dont potentially sign big time charlies and to retain harmony amongst the squad.

All well and good, except there have been times when we have tried to sign a good player, with TS willing to finance the deal, but the deal has collapsed because of the above arbitrary self imposed wage cap.

Food for thought, is it therefore TS or PW at fault for the lack of quality signings?

sota
05-08-2018, 06:31 AM
Sounds like a plan. Good for Warney, if so.

KerrAvon
05-08-2018, 06:36 AM
I agree, sota. Warne is from the Ronnie Moore school of management in which a premium is placed on commitment, hard work and a strong team spirit.

Dropping a couple of big time Charlies on very high wages into the squad is disruptive and more the Alan Stubbs approach.

mikemiller
05-08-2018, 06:41 AM
Presumably the Millers players got bonuses / contract improvements after getting promotion? I'm not particularly against a wage cap, but let's hope that the level has gone up a bit from League 1 last year

Lolmorgan
05-08-2018, 06:47 AM
I agree, sota. Warne is from the Ronnie Moore school of management in which a premium is placed on commitment, hard work and a strong team spirit.

Dropping a couple of big time Charlies on very high wages into the squad is disruptive and more the Alan Stubbs approach.

Are we building a football team.Sounds more like a sunshine corner team run by the sally bash.

KerrAvon
05-08-2018, 06:52 AM
Warne's approach is to build a team. That's the point that I'm making.

I'm not sure where you get the Sunshine Corner thing from.

sota
05-08-2018, 06:59 AM
Are we building a football team.Sounds more like a sunshine corner team run by the sally bash.

Blimey. Unfortunately, I'm old enough to know what this means... by heck.

KerrAvon
05-08-2018, 07:02 AM
So am I.

Back of the net
05-08-2018, 07:04 AM
Everyone was disappointed yesterday I’ve already posted about Warne getting it wrong yesterday.

It’s 1 game and nobody knows for sure what money we have offered to players just guessing from a lot of so called experts.

Warne has a way of managing and it worked last season who says it can’t work this one?

Yesterday may well have just highlighted the need to the management we need some more quality.
Even if that’s from the bench who we didn’t play?

If we had won or played well that may not have been the case.

10 games should be a better benchmark.

sota
05-08-2018, 07:05 AM
ha :-)

millertop
05-08-2018, 07:08 AM
Listen to Warney in future and you might learn something.

Brin
05-08-2018, 07:09 AM

Brin doesn't seem to have noticed that I put my post up in response to the same old repetitive post (yawn) about Stewart needing to put his hand in his pocket more deeply than he does already.

Supporters with an ounce of realism about them knew that this would be a tough season. How tough is impossible to tell after one game. I recall that we lost to Fleetwood in the opening game of last season and the same prophets of doom were out predicting relegation.

Time will tell. We'll have a better idea after five games and a pretty good one after ten. One thing is for sure, which is that even if the sack cloth and ashes brigade are right about our prospects, it's probably too late to fix it by breaking the wage structure at the club this season.

This is Rotherham United. If people want to support clubs with higher wage bills there are a number available.

Kerr, sensible enough reply and good points covered. However, I feel the point made by Millerbill is the value and calibre of players signed in what is the hardest league going. It is a high probability that players contracts will have been revised and increased due to promotion so, that as to be met from the coffers.

What was clearly apparent from yesterday’s game, was that the ten players used from the Wembley game were not good enough. Warne has brought in new recruits so based on yesterday’s performance, he needs to look to be using them against Ipswich.

Putting frustrations aside we all have to show patience in the fledging start to the season. Getting smashed 5-1 probably cut deep with most fans yesterday. Enjoy your day.

sota
05-08-2018, 07:13 AM
I think all of your points will be taken onboard Brin.

Brin
05-08-2018, 07:18 AM
There's another angle to this lads, and one which I think needs exploring. Its an angle which brings warne into just as much focus as TS with regards the finances.

Here goes, im led to believe that warney has voluntarily set a player wage cap. He has done this with good intentions, I.e. so that we dont potentially sign big time charlies and to retain harmony amongst the squad.

All well and good, except there have been times when we have tried to sign a good player, with TS willing to finance the deal, but the deal has collapsed because of the above arbitrary self imposed wage cap.

Food for thought, is it therefore TS or PW at fault for the lack of quality signings?

‘These times’ you speak of what proof can you offer that Warne cost us the signing?

It sounds a bad indictment against Warne if all what you say is true. Having a good harmony over players wages with a cap works well in lower teams but not when you get into the championship. Some players command higher wages because of their records and what they can bring to a club. Within reason, If other players don’t like the fact another player is getting paid more, then they need to deliver more so as to demand the same wage.

I’d hate to think that this really is Warnes fault of poor recruitment due to HIS wage cap. Any manager will get as much as they can to land a player. A Chairman can always say no.

Brin
05-08-2018, 07:23 AM
Blimey. Unfortunately, I'm old enough to know what this means... by heck.

Good old Uncle Bob with the Sally Army at the bandstand on a Sunday morning. How innocent those childhood days were, now fast forward to today’s standards.

Sota I bet you can still recite the song...

dmentor
05-08-2018, 08:00 AM
Good old Uncle Bob with the Sally Army at the bandstand on a Sunday morning. How innocent those childhood days were, now fast forward to today’s standards.

Sota I bet you can still recite the song...

I think i may need some counselling by the Salvation Army,because if we have another season same as the last one in the Championship,its going be the end of me,i cant stomach defeat after defeat,and getting thrashed 4 or 5 on a regular basis,should teams like us,ever be in the Championship,we are never going to get the investment that is needed just to survive,i hope i am wrong,but i very much doubt it.

flourbasher
05-08-2018, 08:12 AM
Unfortunately I think our recruitment has just got a lot more difficult.
Any potential signings will know the result, know we were outclassed and will know what happened the last time we were in this league.
If a player does join then he will be up for a battle

welovebooth
05-08-2018, 08:13 AM

why all the talk from the chairman about million pound bids

been in the premiership.

people who take over a football club kinda know and expect they will have to stump up money..

they are a rich mans toy

Silly-miller
05-08-2018, 08:16 AM
Kerr I think your misunderstanding something my post wasn’t asking tony to put his own money in it was me simply asking what a lot of fans want to know and that’s where are the clubs funds going?

welovebooth
05-08-2018, 08:19 AM

been in the premiership.

people who take over a football club kinda know and expect they will have to stump up money..

they are a rich mans toy

Kerr I think your misunderstanding something my post wasn’t asking tony to put his own money in it was me simply asking what a lot of fans want to know and that’s where are the clubs funds going?

i am asking tony stewart to put his hands in his pocket as he is the only person who has the money too and can.

the fans money through the gate will prob cover the wage bill and running costs.

millertop
05-08-2018, 08:19 AM

I’d expect it’s going to the club and repaying loans, it’s not all about players
Have some forgot tha TS puts his own money in aswell?

welovebooth
05-08-2018, 08:23 AM

been in the premiership.

they are a rich mans toy

I’d expect it’s going to the club and repaying loans, it’s not all about players
Have some forgot tha TS puts his own money in aswell?

rotherham will never be self sufficient.
any chairman will have to put there own money in

nakedtruth
05-08-2018, 08:41 AM
It's no good throwing money at buying players when you lack the capacity to train, develop and organising them.

It's been mentioned by quite a few posters on this site that we need to improve coaching staff with somebody that knows how to improve our defence.

I suspect Paul Warne's ego is getting in the way with a refusal to admit that a defensive coach is needed.

Yes it's a tough league but letting in 5 goals should be avoidable if you're organised well enough.

mellowmiller
05-08-2018, 08:49 AM
It's no good throwing money at buying players when you lack the capacity to train, develop and organising them.

It's been mentioned by quite a few posters on this site that we need to improve coaching staff with somebody that knows how to improve our defence.

I suspect Paul Warne's ego is getting in the way with a refusal to admit that a defensive coach is needed.

Yes it's a tough league but letting in 5 goals should be avoidable if you're organised well enough.

A job for Richard Wood maybe?

millertop
05-08-2018, 08:52 AM
A job for Richard Wood maybe?

What I’ve been saying all along even when Warney kept saying we don’t need one.

I actually thought when we extended his contract that he would be helping with coaching and covering for players if needed, might still happen though

Donald_Valley
05-08-2018, 09:01 AM
What I’ve been saying all along even when Warney kept saying we don’t need one.

I actually thought when we extended his contract that he would be helping with coaching and covering for players if needed, might still happen though

God no! This is just an extension of the old pals club. We need an experienced coach with a bit of know-how. Remember what Blackwell managed to do with the team when he came in. That’s what’s required

Brin
05-08-2018, 10:17 AM
God no! This is just an extension of the old pals club. We need an experienced coach with a bit of know-how. Remember what Blackwell managed to do with the team when he came in. That’s what’s required

What is Blackwell doing these days?

welovebooth
05-08-2018, 10:20 AM
What is Blackwell doing these days?

be at cardiff surely

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
05-08-2018, 10:38 AM
Ye at Cardiff with his old pals.

caytonmiller
05-08-2018, 10:42 AM
If we do have a wage cap then all we will buy/loan are players of the same ability.. if you want better player it's simple. You have to pay them more..

And regards woody being the defencive coach. Biggest joke I've seen on here.
He's one of the defenders letting in the 4 or five goals..
Why would anyone want a league one STD player to coach a championship defence? (Shake my head)

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
05-08-2018, 10:46 AM
Ye because all good defensive coaches were all top players.

millertop
05-08-2018, 11:35 AM
If we do have a wage cap then all we will buy/loan are players of the same ability.. if you want better player it's simple. You have to pay them more..

And regards woody being the defencive coach. Biggest joke I've seen on here.
He's one of the defenders letting in the 4 or five goals..
Why would anyone want a league one STD player to coach a championship defence? (Shake my head)

He’s 33 for crying out loud, yes he might not be up to it now but he’s been round long enough to know how defensive players need to work and he likes to win.

caytonmiller
05-08-2018, 11:48 AM
He's been at the club 4 years. Has our defence in the championship improved over those 3 seasons With or without him in the team.
He's 33. He's a winner,. He's a leader yet we still defend like a leave one club... Does he not have any influence over the organisation in training of the defence?..
If most millers fans think we need a defencive coach why employee on who should be doing it now whilst he's in the squad.. he either doesn't have a say in training or he's not good enough.. I will leave the experts to decide that.

millertop
05-08-2018, 11:58 AM
He's been at the club 4 years. Has our defence in the championship improved over those 3 seasons With or without him in the team.
He's 33. He's a winner,. He's a leader yet we still defend like a leave one club... Does he not have any influence over the organisation in training of the defence?..
If most millers fans think we need a defencive coach why employee on who should be doing it now whilst he's in the squad.. he either doesn't have a say in training or he's not good enough.. I will leave the experts to decide that.

Seeing that Warney doesn’t believe we need a defensive coach I’ll take that Wood doesn’t have a say on training field.

Experts? I take that’s sarcasm after what you’ve been writing on here last few days

caytonmiller
05-08-2018, 12:17 PM
Sorry. Spelling mistake. It was suppose to
Ex spurt.

caytonmiller
05-08-2018, 12:39 PM
Hmmmmm wonder who posted this

Woody puts his head where it hurts and will be alright in L1 but if we come back up then he'll need to go.

millertop
05-08-2018, 12:57 PM
How sad is that trolling through posts?

Woody certainly put his head where it hurt and yes his playing days should be over in Championship but we are talking coaching here.

Give it a a rest Cayton before you blow a fuse

millmoormagic
05-08-2018, 01:05 PM
Have to say that it doesn't follow that an excellent first grade player, in any sport, makes an excellent coach in same sport, far from it usually, for what it's worth Woody could be a perfect coach, who knows? certainly no one on here....

millertop
05-08-2018, 01:09 PM
Have to say that it doesn't follow that an excellent first grade player, in any sport, makes an excellent coach in same sport, far from it usually, for what it's worth Woody could be a perfect coach, who knows? certainly no one on here....

Apart from Cayton who thinks the idea of Wood coaching is a joke 😉

Sorry Cayton for winding you up when you’re having a bad weekend

nakedtruth
05-08-2018, 01:15 PM
Ye because all good defensive coaches were all top players.

Many of the top managers weren't that good as players.

caytonmiller
05-08-2018, 01:28 PM
Apart from Cayton who thinks the idea of Wood coaching is a joke 😉

Sorry Cayton for winding you up when you’re having a bad weekend

Haha. You have tried several times and failed miserably
My kids do that. when they get caught out. They try the avoidance tactics..

Is Roy Keane your dad. Cos He doesn't like it when others disagree with him...

C+. Must try harder 😂🤣😂

caytonmiller
05-08-2018, 01:32 PM
Many of the top managers weren't that good as players.

I'm guessing you would be happy with wood being a coach at rufc plus since we don't have a defencive coach. What exactly is wood bringing to rufc if like millertop thinks he doesn't have a input in training

caytonmiller
05-08-2018, 01:36 PM

He could well be though he's not ATM
I think the opposite to Keanetop imo wood he does have a influence in training and the other defenders are looking to him to help there development..
It's not woods fault it's warned for not supplying the players with the full tools

millertop
05-08-2018, 01:46 PM
Haha. You have tried several times and failed miserably
My kids do that. when they get caught out. They try the avoidance tactics..

Is Roy Keane your dad. Cos He doesn't like it when others disagree with him...

C+. Must try harder 😂🤣😂

You keep coming up with this ‘caught out’ you haven’t caught me out at all.
I say what I think/see on the day, yes I might have said Wood needs to go as a player (I still think he’s had his day in championship as a player but we have gave him an extension so he should only be cover or coaching imo) but I don’t remember saying this whilst we are on about a defensive coach.(yes that is what this is all about)
Sorry if you can’t see the difference.

Trolling posts and trying to catch posters out is rather childish and sad don’t you think

Don’t bring your family into it either, you won’t be happy when others do the same

caytonmiller
05-08-2018, 02:20 PM
Haha. All the way to the bank.
😂🤣😂