View Full Version : Holy mother of god

joellufcprice
05-08-2018, 05:51 PM
Anyone ever seen a Leeds team play that well since we came down? That was utterly ludicrous that those same players from last year could play that well. Major credit to Bielsa.

Roofe was brilliant worked tirelessly, infact they all were.

Klich.........literally like a new signing looks great on the ball, gets forward, good in the tackle.

Alioski actually put in some fantastic balls, can't remember last time we said that.

Hernandez and Saiz link up at times was unbelievable.

Phillips.......................................... .......errrrm? Same guy?

All the boys, that is what an LUFC performance should be like blood thunder and intensity the fact we also played liquid football on top was just a bonus.

2/3 more additions to this group and we could be in with a chance. Still think we are short at centre back, I love Berardi but he isn't suited to that position especially when he is expected to be a ball playing centre half, he looks uncomfortable every time he gets it. Not a criticism of him, he put in a great performance just over a season we need someone better in that particular area imo.

Foden + a centre back + another centre mid and I'd back us for top 6

Silentman
05-08-2018, 05:58 PM
Couldn't agree more Joel, Bielsa has really got something more out of all of the players. I really wanted the guy in the pundit's box to ask Heckingbottom why he couldn't do that, because barring Douglas it's the same set of players that he had. Just shows the gulf in quality managers, looks like Radz might just have got the right man this time.

Billyni
05-08-2018, 06:00 PM
Definatly a performance that would have done no harm in attracting future signings

joellufcprice
05-08-2018, 06:03 PM
Definatly a performance that would have done no harm in attracting future signings

Love to think what is on Vydras mind right now the absolute melt.

CalverleyBoy
05-08-2018, 06:09 PM
They looked the part in all respects and very pleased with themselves for it - Mr B is one strange cookie though but as long as he keeps them doing what we saw today he can do what he likes.

costa_blanca_white
05-08-2018, 06:14 PM
WOW, same " **** team " as last year, without Pontus but with Douglas - they guy obviously has something about him ;D

MOT

Tichi1
05-08-2018, 06:23 PM
Love to think what is on Vydras mind right now the absolute melt.

Just back - what a cracker!

As for Vydra - the word is Leeds pulled the plug on him cos he's got a groin injury - didn't play Friday and unlikely to be in against us.
So I think it's a bit harsh all the critisism he's had.

Billyni
05-08-2018, 06:27 PM
They looked the part in all respects and very pleased with themselves for it - Mr B is one strange cookie though but as long as he keeps them doing what we saw today he can do what he likes.

Lol they might have to do a bit of work with the interpreter though for the interviews.

Rev72
05-08-2018, 06:29 PM
See what can be done when you spend some money on getting in the right manager/coach.

Best performance for a long time..we frightened the sh1t out of Stoke.

Even Cooper had a good game ;D

1 swallow don't make a summer but what a start.

MOT

CromerWhite
05-08-2018, 06:33 PM
Bring on a real championship side, that will make things a lot clearer.

Amazing display and well cuffed but early days.

Hugh_G_Rection
05-08-2018, 06:45 PM
Amazing performance from every single player. Simply superb.
Wasn't optimistic when I saw the line up but how wrong I was!!!
And to think it was achieved with almost the same set of players from last season is just incredible.
Not convinced we can keep that intensity up for 46 games (plus cups) but if we're 25 points clear at the top by Christmas, it won't matter!!!!

spaldy
05-08-2018, 06:58 PM
Can't imagine the excitement level at ER. a string of games like that and tickets will be hard to come by!

WTF11
05-08-2018, 07:02 PM
Just back - what a cracker!

As for Vydra - the word is Leeds pulled the plug on him cos he's got a groin injury - didn't play Friday and unlikely to be in against us.
So I think it's a bit harsh all the critisism he's had.

Err....f00k off with the "harsh criticism" bullsh1t. Greedy f00ker who has no place at Leeds and hopefully spends the next season warming the bench somewhere totally unknown reflecting on what might have been if he wasn't such a greedy cnut.

After today's performance, without a number of the players (both new and "seasoned" Leeds profesionals), we don't need him, thankfully

WTF11
05-08-2018, 07:03 PM
Amazing performance from every single player. Simply superb.
Wasn't optimistic when I saw the line up but how wrong I was!!!
And to think it was achieved with almost the same set of players from last season is just incredible.
Not convinced we can keep that intensity up for 46 games (plus cups) but if we're 25 points clear at the top by Christmas, it won't matter!!!!

Amen to that.

Hugh_G_Rection
05-08-2018, 07:14 PM
And a special mention to Liam Cooper.
I know I wasn't the only one fearful about him on the team, but credit where credit is due - he was excellent today. I'm glad he proved me wrong.....even if it was only one game!

Jezleeds
05-08-2018, 07:27 PM
Lol they might have to do a bit of work with the interpreter though for the interviews.

Hang on Billy, i just need to translate that into Spanish so you can then reply to me in Spanish and then you can tell me what i said in English and then i can tell everyone else in English what you told me to say....

Silentman
05-08-2018, 07:33 PM
Hang on Billy, i just need to translate that into Spanish so you can then reply to me in Spanish and then you can tell me what i said in English and then i can tell everyone else in English what you told me to say....

I know it came across as a bit odd, but fair dos to him, he doesn't normally do post match interviews and he clearly wanted the reply to be his in English.

Pacaman
05-08-2018, 07:57 PM
Simply a pleasure to witness. That was no fluke and even when I thought Bielsa would bring on Pontus to deal with the arial challenge of Crouch he didn't. He had confidence to see the game out.

Brilliant start ..............................XD

Billyni
05-08-2018, 07:59 PM

It looked like they were going to have a nervous first kiss.😁😁

OldWhiteTaff
05-08-2018, 08:00 PM
I know it came across as a bit odd, but fair dos to him, he doesn't normally do post match interviews and he clearly wanted the reply to be his in English.

Absolutely, he looks like a guy who really really wants to get it right, (on his terms maybe), and is totally committed to this challenge.

Jezleeds
05-08-2018, 08:20 PM
It looked like they were going to have a nervous first kiss.����

Lol

It looks to me like he likes to have a team of people beneath him who separate him from the players - he's the leader and they do his communicating with the players - which perhaps is meant to keep distance and respect. The not speaking to them as they come off the pitch or trying to be their friends is a great step forward IMO - too much of that in the past. Very interesting times...