PDA

View Full Version : What the Bury fans say about Callum Styles

EastStandRed
06-08-2018, 07:39 PM
Will play in the Premier League. Proper talent. With respect, somewhat of a clever signing for Barnsley.

A real big talent who needed to move to develop. He will be a top top player in the next few years if handled correctly. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in the Premiership in a few seasons.

Great feet, technical player, always looking to receive the ball and get us moving. Great little player. Worth noting he stepped into a ****e Bury team and helped keep us up when he was 16 two seasons ago.

Talented player, uses the ball well and intelligently. Physically he has some developing to do (only young so will come) and also needs to stamp his authority on the game more. Will be a top player in 2 or 3 seasons.

His composure on the ball stands out when compared to others at league 1 and 2.

Genuinely surprised to see people saying that Callum Styles won't be a loss..One of the best young talents we have seen at Bury in the last 25 years IMO

Callum Styles worth more than £500k, surely? Will be very sorry to see him go, but he's got a very bright future in the game. BuryFC

Unbelievable player. Like a tiny version of pirlo.. He could play a game with his slippers on. Reads a game like a book and never gives the ball away. Will play at the very very top

Cultered left footed central midfielder . Players at Bury are not good enough to see his passes he wants to give.

EastStandRed
06-08-2018, 07:44 PM
He’ll be sold to Macclesfield for £50k in 3yrs time :P

EastStandRed
06-08-2018, 08:12 PM
Chairman Stewart Day added: “We thank Barnsley Football Club for the way that they have handled the situation. They have been interested in Callum for some time now and have been considerate throughout the process. I especially thank Chief Executive Gauthier Ganaye, for his professionalism on this deal and the way he has conducted business.

EastStandRed
06-08-2018, 08:14 PM
Manager Ryan Lowe, said: “I'm happy for Callum and his family that he's got a move to a good club like Barnsley, where we feel that the next stage of his progression and development will come. They're going to be good for him, but him staying with us and developing is going to be good for them, so we're happy that it's a mixture as we wanted to keep him.

“We'll get him at least until January, which could potentially be longer. Callum is quite happy with that as he feels that he still wants to play games and that he still has a lot to do for us because of where we are trying to get to.

“Callum was brought back into the First Team environment during my interim period last season; he was a breath of fresh air for us and was one of our star players. He's come back in pre-season fitter and stronger. It was only a matter of time until a football club at a higher level invested in Callum’s services.”

Romared
06-08-2018, 08:16 PM
Top Man GG accoordin to that bloke eennyrooard

Ponte_Steve24
06-08-2018, 08:20 PM
He'll do for me.

pass_and_move
06-08-2018, 09:39 PM
Pirloesque XD that's some fekkin build up! Good decision to keep him at Bury gaining valuable game time. 500k nowt is it really , worth the gamble for me

DOOALI
06-08-2018, 09:49 PM
Nowt to a premier club Pass

pass_and_move
06-08-2018, 10:47 PM
Nowt to a premier club Pass

2 signings now Dools, has the war chest finally had the dust knocked off it?

SBRed48
07-08-2018, 08:05 AM

Aye, O Reyt.

Ponte_Steve24
07-08-2018, 09:47 AM
2 signings now Dools, has the war chest finally had the dust knocked off it?

Tha can jest Pass but that's 900k in league 1. Not to be sniffed at that mate.

SBRed48
07-08-2018, 11:13 AM
Tha can jest Pass but that's 900k in league 1. Not to be sniffed at that mate.

That's the Alfie Mawson windfall money spent then.

SBRed48
07-08-2018, 11:22 AM

A think ad be laughing with and praising a bloke who ed just given me heyf a million forra 18 year old and lets him come back. Bury manager al be spending the brass befooar tha can blink. Christmas come early.

EastStandRed
07-08-2018, 11:25 AM
That's the Alfie Mawson windfall money spent then.

Isn’t that a good thing ?

EastStandRed
07-08-2018, 11:32 AM
18-year-old Callum Styles signed for the Reds from Sky Bet League Two side, Bury FC on Monday afternoon.

The midfielder, who played regularly for the Shakers in League One last season, has committed to a four-year contract at Oakwell with a further option in the Club’s favour. He will now return to Gigg Lane on-loan until January.

Speaking to iFollow Barnsley after completing the deal, Callum said this move was a dream come true for him.

“It feels really good; it’s what I’ve dreamt of as a kid – to move on and try and better myself, to come to a Club like Barnsley who are hoping for promotion. I’m hoping to help them get promoted,” Styles stated.

A confident, fluent and forward thing central midfielder, Styles has a cultured left-foot which will add balance to any midfield and the Reds had to fight off significant competition for his signature from teams higher in the footballing pyramid.

“My best role, I’d say, is as a number eight – up and down the pitch. I like to get on the ball and make the play, make the team tick. I just like getting on the ball and making play. I’m there when it’s needed.

“The way the gaffer spoke about me, the way the Club is and how it works, it’s not far from home. It’s a big Club in League One, hopefully they get promoted to the Championship and that’s what really pulled the strings for me.”

Callum will immediately return to Bury until January but will then become available for Daniel Stendel to select in his first team. The midfielder explained that he will now always have an eye on the Reds, but also wants to help Bury as much as possible too.

“It’s for me to get more game under my belt so when I come back to Barnsley, hopefully in January, then I’m ready to help them succeed as well as Bury. I’m a Barnsley player now, so I’m focussed on Barnsley, but I need to help Bury as well as Barnsley.

“That’s what I’m aiming to do – so then I can play as many games as I can for Barnsley, help them succeed and therefore better me as a player and then I can succeed as a player.”

Fans will be kept up-to-date with the progress of Styles during his time with Bury through all the official channels of Barnsley Football Club.

SBRed48
07-08-2018, 11:37 AM
Isn’t that a good thing ?

With Big Chien's history of not spending his own brass and £6 million to make up I wonder what may happen in next few days and in January.

EastStandRed
07-08-2018, 11:53 AM
Not many owners put their own money in , they usually just add debt onto the clubs accounts and hope to get it back.

Acido
07-08-2018, 12:07 PM
With Big Chien's history of not spending his own brass and £6 million to make up I wonder what may happen in next few days and in January.

Thats the only worry Sb about what might happen, especially if we're having a good season again when January comes around. Theres every chance we will start selling off all the quality again for a profit, and bang go the teams chances on the pitch. But this is only a worst case scenario, it might not happen like that.

Romared
07-08-2018, 12:27 PM
January Transfer window should be scrapped

DOOALI
07-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Wouldn't bet on it Acido

SBRed48
07-08-2018, 12:41 PM
Not many owners put their own money in , they usually just add debt onto the clubs accounts and hope to get it back.

At the pre Christmas Press Conference the owners said what attracted them was the way the club was run financially and was virtually debt free compared to other clubs.
They've not racked up any debts at OGC Nice, just sold the best players each year to balance the books. Result is a slide down the league and out of European competition.

EastStandRed
07-08-2018, 12:57 PM
At the pre Christmas Press Conference the owners said what attracted them was the way the club was run financially and was virtually debt free compared to other clubs.
They've not racked up any debts at OGC Nice, just sold the best players each year to balance the books. Result is a slide down the league and out of European competition.

Sensible way of running a business . I’d rather our football club was run that way. Don’t see the problem personally

SBRed48
07-08-2018, 01:41 PM
I agree. That's why I raised concern abart Goat spending money like Viv Nicholson on young kids when he knows Big Chien will be chasing him to balance the books this season or at the very least by the next financial year covering the £6 million drop in income. If it's a promotion sh1t or bust game they are playing then ask Aston Villa abart that. It took the Blunts six years to get back from the Third Division.

EastStandRed
07-08-2018, 02:17 PM
You don’t think GG would be allowed to spend half a million quid without the say so of Lee and Conway’s do you ? They’re just following on from PCs plan in my opinion .

SBRed48
07-08-2018, 03:00 PM
Big Chien and Big Paul will ev set the general parameters of balancing the books over, say, a couple of years. If Goat wants to spend money nar, then, with evvin to catch up on £6 million this season and maybe make up another £6 million next season then Goat ez maxed out his credit card.
It's what follows maybe by 5-00pm Thursday, maybe next January, maybe next summer that concerns me. Another Oke Koke summer of everybody art and a new (cheaper) lot in is what could happen if we don't go back up immediately--sh1t or bust.
I take a medium term view. I loved the win on Setdi and for some to suggest I didn't they don't really know me.

EastStandRed
07-08-2018, 03:45 PM
I’ve not said anything about you not enjoying us winning on Saturday SB so unsure why you’ve said that. Every fan will have enjoyed that game .
I reckon they’ve brought in over £2m in transfer fees etc anyway with more to come from Jackson maybe . They’ve cut about the same again from the wage bill I’d guess so they’ll not be too far off . Add to that the healthy bank account anyway and we should be in a good place at the minute without having to sell .

SBRed48
07-08-2018, 04:02 PM
I’ve not said anything about you not enjoying us winning on Saturday SB so unsure why you’ve said that. Every fan will have enjoyed that game .
I reckon they’ve brought in over £2m in transfer fees etc anyway with more to come from Jackson maybe . They’ve cut about the same again from the wage bill I’d guess so they’ll not be too far off . Add to that the healthy bank account anyway and we should be in a good place at the minute without having to sell . ,

Yes, thank you Patrick for leaving that legacy.

Your figures may be a touch optimistic ESR but with things being "undisclosed" to fans who is to know the correct position ? I'm guessing that Goat may well be under pressure to sell, now or in the immediate future.
It wasn't you who sed I wud be narked at us winning on Setdi by the way--a minor issue not worth pursuing.

EastStandRed
07-08-2018, 04:32 PM
Which would you say were optimistic out of interest. The money received in or the wages reduced

SBRed48
07-08-2018, 04:47 PM
Which would you say were optimistic out of interest. The money received in or the wages reduced

Av no idea.

If tha knows the true amount of the "undisclosed" transfer fees please tell us.

If tha knows wot the players are on a week please tell us.

A wo surprised to read Hourihane is on £28,000 a week at Villa and Bree on £14,000 a week. Wozzit really Patrick's fault that they went?

EastStandRed
07-08-2018, 05:01 PM
I said I was guessing so obviously I don’t know the exact amount ! You said they were optimistic and I just asked which ones you thought were.

I’ve never said it was PCs fault that anyone left . Players do what they want to do.

SBRed48
07-08-2018, 05:27 PM
I said I was guessing so obviously I don’t know the exact amount ! You said they were optimistic and I just asked which ones you thought were.

I’ve never said it was PCs fault that anyone left . Players do what they want to do.

Av no idea. If we are talking abart Pearson, Knasmullner and Mallan going then £4000 a week X52 weeks X3 = £624,000 pa, Who knows? £2 miilion a bit optimistic'
Transfer fees, who knows ? Transfer mkt has it as--
Knasmullner £485,000
Mallan £180,000
Pearson unknown
£2 million a bit optimistic

EastStandRed
07-08-2018, 06:36 PM
Av no idea. If we are talking abart Pearson, Knasmullner and Mallan going then £4000 a week X52 weeks X3 = £624,000 pa, Who knows? £2 miilion a bit optimistic'
Transfer fees, who knows ? Transfer mkt has it as--
Knasmullner £485,000
Mallan £180,000
Pearson unknown
£2 million a bit optimistic

Fair enough I went for money in
Knasmullner £450,000
Mallan £300,000
Pearson £400,000
Mawson £900,000
£2m

Wages reduced
Hammill, Knasmuller, Mills = 7k wk x52 = £1m a year
Pearson, Mallan, Yiadom, Townsend = 3k wk x 52 £625k a year
11 young players released = 500+wk x 52 £300k a year
Plus the money we were contributing to McBurnie,Gardner,Mahoney etc
£2m+

Just guess work and rumour and gossip

pass_and_move
07-08-2018, 06:52 PM
Knasmullner £450,000
Mallan £300,000
Pearson £400,000
Mawson £900,000
£2m

Wages reduced
£2m+

Will tha do me mi self assessment tax return next year mate XD ;D

Them figures actually look realistic to be fair ESR. Good post

Romared
07-08-2018, 08:37 PM
:blue: all this . Must bi hot wetha :?

EastStandRed
07-08-2018, 09:24 PM
Will tha do me mi self assessment tax return next year mate XD ;D

Them figures actually look realistic to be fair ESR. Good post

Haha yes I can guess that for you as well !

SBRed48
07-08-2018, 09:26 PM
Knasmullner £450,000
Mallan £300,000
Pearson £400,000
Mawson £900,000
£2m

Wages reduced
£2m+

Thaz lumped together a few part year costs and expanded them into full years and counted the Mawson money which has gone but we will evvto agree to differ.
The key issue is will we evvto sell aar best players ovva the next twelve months to balance the books ?

red flagged
07-08-2018, 09:38 PM
I think that if we sell key players this season Goat can kiss goodbye to the revenue generated by 8000+ season tickets plus paying customers on the gate next season as folk will lose faith.
If we don't go straight back up and have a poor season I reckon we could lose up to half of our gate next season in which case we'll sell in the summer to reduce overheads.

It's what I'd do anyway.