PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Trotters Ready to Depart

Footymad
07-08-2018, 06:58 AM
Under pressure Burnley boss Sean Dyche already feels the strain. Transfer deadline imminent, travelling to play in Turkey with the opening EPL game to organise at Southampton is hardly easy. - External Link (http://www.footymad.com/burnley/news/tmnw/turkey_trotters_ready_to_depart_917887/index.shtml)

oldcolner
07-08-2018, 12:25 PM
Are these Burnley fans living in Bolton? Or have you been crossing birds and pigs?
I’m going to Sarfhampton early so I’ll hold the fort if required.
Interesting I read some club officials went to the UEFA Europa Cup draw yesterday. Must be hard work that!

The Bedlington Terrier
07-08-2018, 12:38 PM
Play on words OC! Clarets Trotting off to Turkey!

sinkov
07-08-2018, 12:44 PM
There was a deadline for signing players to play in the Europa League which passed ages ago, yet I've read somewhere that Gibson might be playing. Does this deadline not apply to new signings ? Can Joe Hart play as well ? Do we need special dispensation ? Does anyone know the actual situation regarding our new signings playing in this Mickey Mouse competition ?

The Bedlington Terrier
07-08-2018, 01:07 PM
Apparently we can now register Gibson and Hart to play in Istanbul.

A new deadline superseded the old deadline, but the new deadline closes tomorrow, when a new deadline is implemented and so on and so on...:confused:

oldcolner
07-08-2018, 01:35 PM
These Europeans fill life up with ever more complex rules BT and then require a big bureaucracy to implement and police them.
How many people are required to check tickets and ID at the 60 or so qualifying games and monitor crowd and players and referees behaviour. Lots and lots.
It’s a bit like the EU! Give em a cm and they’ll take a metre
On this occasion it’s to our benefit I suppose.

Will Hart take over from Lindegaard who I was quite impressed with on Thursday and Sunday I wonder. Use Lindy for Turkey and let Hart go on Sunday?

The Bedlington Terrier
07-08-2018, 01:37 PM
I think you rather succinctly summed up the EU and its machinations there OC!

oldcolner
07-08-2018, 01:37 PM
Play on words OC! Clarets Trotting off to Turkey!

I did get that sort of was just giving you my play on words back lol