PDA

View Full Version : Dawson.

Leicesterbaggie
11-08-2018, 11:11 AM
When Craig Dawson next turns out for us, whether as sub or in the starting line up, it is v ital that we support him and not get 'on his back'. I know many of you aren't happy with his actions of late but I am convinced that he is important to our success. As stated before he must play in the middle of our back four to give it the stability required. I have to admit that I have been surprised by his actions as he's always come across as a solid, down to earth, no nonsense player. Let's hope that he can put this episode behind him and to display the performances that we have come to expect of him. We, as fans, can help with this!

Palmeras
11-08-2018, 11:22 AM
When Craig Dawson next turns out for us, whether as sub or in the starting line up, it is v ital that we support him and not get 'on his back'. I know many of you aren't happy with his actions of late but I am convinced that he is important to our success. As stated before he must play in the middle of our back four to give it the stability required. I have to admit that I have been surprised by his actions as he's always come across as a solid, down to earth, no nonsense player. Let's hope that he can put this episode behind him and to display the performances that we have come to expect of him. We, as fans, can help with this!

I disagree he disrespected my club refused to go with the rest of players training how do you think they feel send him out on loan because the same thing will happen in January why should he play when he doesn't want to be here before other players who do

Joy_Division
11-08-2018, 11:23 AM
I agree. He went about things totally the wrong way. Put in a transfer request to indicate you want to move and if all parties are agreeable then fine. Do the training required and if something turns up all well and good. But to refuse to go to work, which is what he essentially did is out of order. In most other lines of work you would get the sack. But we all make mistakes and if we learn from them we can make amends and be forgiven. I hope that is what happens with Dawson. The fans give him a chance to make amends, and Dawson plays out of his skin and help us get promotion. We will see what happens. :O

Whicka_Mon
11-08-2018, 11:31 AM
Shouldn't be at the club. No lessons were learned from Evans last season. It is down to him to perform not me. Earn his money basically.

Prando
11-08-2018, 11:43 AM
Each to their own I guess. For me, I will do my best to make him feel welcome, but I understand the other points of view.

The Minn Junta
11-08-2018, 11:54 AM
This is how I see it.

Craig Dawson is contracted to West Bromwich Albion, they pay his wages, therefore he does as the rest do. If he refuses to train for anything other than a valid reason he should be fined. Once he has been fined, personally, as with Peter Odemwingie I would say right, you need to be a man today son, get out there and win them over all over again, go on off you go.

Again, I rate him highly, if we're to get out of this division, whether people like it or not we need him. My faith in the club to find somebody of similar ilk is shaky to say the least so it puts more emphasis on keeping him.

boingy
11-08-2018, 11:54 AM
Here's the thing. We love the baggies but we also know that our club lacks serious ambition, yet we expect everyone to want to stay? Not realistic in my opinion. We should all be grateful anyone wants to stay. Accept the fact that most clubs have more ambition than ours and that means players will always be on the lookout for better things.

Whicka_Mon
11-08-2018, 12:06 PM
But he didn't want to stay.
I will not boo him. I will support him. But don't see why I have to "brown nose' him just for him to perform. He should do so regardless as he gets payed to do so.
Unfortunately they've sold the "we not me", family and unity. He doesn't buy into it.

The Minn Junta
11-08-2018, 12:21 PM
Here's the thing. We love the baggies but we also know that our club lacks serious ambition, yet we expect everyone to want to stay? Not realistic in my opinion. We should all be grateful anyone wants to stay. Accept the fact that most clubs have more ambition than ours and that means players will always be on the lookout for better things.

I think your post is realistic and hard hitting. A fan who has his teams colours running through their veins will always defend their club to the max'.
In some cases such as this there's a bit of cutting ones nose off to spite ones face.

I think the answer lies in the middle ground. IF Dawson is way behind in terms of wages then sit him down and talk. Let's face it, he's solid, reliable and barely misses a match.

Leicesterbaggie
11-08-2018, 12:27 PM
But he didn't want to stay.
I will not boo him. I will support him. But don't see why I have to "brown nose' him just for him to perform. He should do so regardless as he gets payed to do so.
Unfortunately they've sold the "we not me", family and unity. He doesn't buy into it.

That's all I'm saying, don't boo him but support him.

boingy
11-08-2018, 12:42 PM
I think your post is realistic and hard hitting. A fan who has his teams colours running through their veins will always defend their club to the max'.
In some cases such as this there's a bit of cutting ones nose off to spite ones face.

I think the answer lies in the middle ground. IF Dawson is way behind in terms of wages then sit him down and talk. Let's face it, he's solid, reliable and barely misses a match.

True.

Albie blue
11-08-2018, 07:35 PM
Dawson has to play Tuesday, won't be a better time to play him. Coaching staff can assess if he still wants to play for our great club. If it's a yes he has to start against QPR not at RB but CH. If it's a no then make his professional career a misery till January. Come on BD do a job and stop telling us he's got a thigh strain.

baggieal
11-08-2018, 08:13 PM
Shouldn't be at the club. No lessons were learned from Evans last season. It is down to him to perform not me. Earn his money basically.

Good player or not - for me he can go feck himself! I don't work my bollox off on less in a year on what he earns in a week to suddenly then start to cheer this judas again!

Bit like saying one of the best SAS soldiers should be forgiven because he did not support his colleagues just because he's one of the best!

PS - look back Craigy to where you came from - the mighty Rochdale, and look at what greed did then to our Saido big arse! Your big head and greed could ensure you go the same way! Had you been that good, clubs would have been lining up.........

holmleighchris
12-08-2018, 06:41 AM
He didn't go on training camp, maybe there was a good reason.
He wanted a transfer as he is ambitious and would prefer to play top flight football.
Hardly grounds to turn on the lad. I'm not aware of him refusing to turn out.
This anger toward him is the nasty end of today's snowflake community. Whinge about the slightest thing and go OTT over just about everything.

boingy
12-08-2018, 10:29 AM
He wanted a transfer as he is ambitious and would prefer to play top flight football.
This anger toward him is the nasty end of today's snowflake community. Whinge about the slightest thing and go OTT over just about everything.

Bang on Chris.

saltnshake
12-08-2018, 11:03 AM
At the end of the day he is still our player until at least January and the best thing for both parties is to get him back in the team without doubt he will improve us defensively and if he still wants to go he needs to be playing.

Wick5y
12-08-2018, 11:25 AM
Trouble is no one knows the true facts do they? Wish someone from club with the player would say what happened, we are quick to criticize at times. There are all sorts of scenarios that may have led to this situation and once again we are guessing , some on a positive note some on an unhealthy hostile note. My thoughts are that we don’t know the facts so I will neither cheer him or boo him . As I normally do I will cheer the team if we win and say nothing when we lose.

baggieal
12-08-2018, 11:27 AM

The reason he didn't go on the training camp was because he wanted a transfer and then he was made to train by himself so not to dampen team spirit.

Should everyone who signs a legal contract refuse to go on company educational/conference/business away day because they want a better move to another company? Should any employee dictate to their company to get a move to another company because it suits them personally?

I have an away day coming up in Paris with my company - I don't like Paris and don't want to be away from family so should I tell my company, I don't want to attend? Should I also tell me company to shove their six month notice period right up their arse because, I have been offered better prospects elsewhere? If I did - would I still have any job? NO!!!!

Should professional footballers because they may be needed be any different from the rest of us? If this were the case - should they also be allowed to dictate any mortgage/personal gurarantee they too may have signed to suit them?

Would anybody be less forgiving of Dawson if he was Nyom so what's the difference? Or are we saying, forget what's gone on because we need our Craig but if it was Nyom he could do one!

Don't get me wrong after reflection, I would like to see Dawson back in the team as he's needed and an asset - but everything on the clubs terms and not the individual!.

PS - Craigy - we all would love to dictate after signing legal contracts what we want to do and whats personally best for us! Then again the average salary is about 30K a year which is probably more than you earn in three weeks so perhaps you get some resentment my old fruit!

holmleighchris
12-08-2018, 03:42 PM
You know that is the reason do you Al?
I read somewhere (on here I'd imagine) his wife was expecting at that time.
Not going to training camp because he wants a move will hardly attract other clubs to him will it?