PDA

View Full Version : West Stand Bogs no mooar ?

SBRed48
17-08-2018, 04:42 PM
Chronicle repooarting that Big Chien ez put in planning proposals forra Media Centre on the site of the present piss oyles behind old West Stand
Adda thought Big Chien wudda knocked darn all West Stand and built a new stand wi fans bar underneath, disabled upper terrace. media zone, dressing rooms oppennin to centre of pitch etc.

Allevva word wi Grace toneet.

animallittle3
17-08-2018, 05:50 PM
Chronicle repooarting that Big Chien ez put in planning proposals forra Media Centre on the site of the present piss oyles behind old West Stand
Adda thought Big Chien wudda knocked darn all West Stand and built a new stand wi fans bar underneath, disabled upper terrace. media zone, dressing rooms oppennin to centre of pitch etc.

And still more than the saviour spent on the ground in 14 years after less than a year owning the club just for balance .

pass_and_move
17-08-2018, 07:38 PM
And still more than the saviour spent on the ground in 14 years after less than a year owning the club just for balance .

Fair point, carnt argue wi that.

EastStandRed
17-08-2018, 09:53 PM

He doesn’t own the ground does he so he’d be in trouble if he did :O

Jules88
17-08-2018, 11:23 PM

So is he working under restrictive covenants?
Is it unfair on Poor Chien that he gets stick for non development of the ground when he’s actually not allowed to spend money on the ground by the owners of it..?

Perhaps the Council won’t let him spend his own money on a nice big new scoreboard, or decent size tellys in the concourses........ or more than one behind a snap counter.
Thank you Barnsley Council for allowing Chien to develop the shiny new hand driers in the bogs........ We have facilities beyond belief. !

SBRed48
18-08-2018, 07:06 AM

To add further balance we are talking nar abart owners with a combined wealth of £8 billion and whose business is property development.

SBRed48
18-08-2018, 07:09 AM

Why would the ground owners, whoever they are, not approve improvements to their property ?

animallittle3
18-08-2018, 08:37 AM
To add further balance we are talking nar abart owners with a combined wealth of £8 billion and whose business is property development.

SB , here's my opinion .

The media facilities are from the dinosaur age down there when you look at the facilities at other clubs , I sit in the west stand lower as I will be today and it's embarrassing to be honest .

We all know the west stand is well past it's sell by date even though it still remains a bit of a treasure in historical terms and needs replacing .

They did say " nothing crazy " when they took over the club and would look to improve things bit by bit with a long term objective .

Whether that's the case going forward I don't know but surely improvements to the media facilities is a good thing and fits in with the improvements they promised when the opportunity arises .

How many years did the old scoreboard not function properly before it was eventually replaced ? , only to find you needed 20/20 vision to read the bloody thing .

I'll criticise ownership past and present all day long if I think it's warranted but actually doing something positive that badly needs doing and enhances the club's image at the same time isn't going to be one of those occasions .

EastStandRed
18-08-2018, 08:44 AM
Why would the ground owners, whoever they are, not approve improvements to their property ?

They probably would but I wouldn’t pay for a big conservatory on a house that I rented.

Exiletyke
18-08-2018, 08:53 AM
They probably would but I wouldn’t pay for a big conservatory on a house that I rented.

But you'll wait forever if you wait for the landlord to make the improvememts

animallittle3
18-08-2018, 09:22 AM

Unfortunately exile in this case the landlord is significantly poorer than the tenant .

EastStandRed
18-08-2018, 09:22 AM

I still wouldn’t spend £7/8million on something I didnt own .

Don’t get me wrong Id love to see it flattened and replaced by something fit for this century

SBRed48
18-08-2018, 09:27 AM
SB , here's my opinion .

The media facilities are from the dinosaur age down there when you look at the facilities at other clubs , I sit in the west stand lower as I will be today and it's embarrassing to be honest .

We all know the west stand is well past it's sell by date even though it still remains a bit of a treasure in historical terms and needs replacing .

They did say " nothing crazy " when they took over the club and would look to improve things bit by bit with a long term objective .

Whether that's the case going forward I don't know but surely improvements to the media facilities is a good thing and fits in with the improvements they promised when the opportunity arises .

How many years did the old scoreboard not function properly before it was eventually replaced ? , only to find you needed 20/20 vision to read the bloody thing .

I'll criticise ownership past and present all day long if I think it's warranted but actually doing something positive that badly needs doing and enhances the club's image at the same time isn't going to be one of those occasions .

With the hype when they arrived a wo expecting mooar to be honest. I thought the "nothing crazy" referred to the transfer market as they have to work within FFP rules (though other clubs dunt). Property development is their area of expertise. What happened to the option they announced at the time of the takeover to buy the ground/ land ?
The fans get hand-dryers. The media get a new suite as the fans squint at the scooarbooard and try to read fuzzy screens on the concourses. Priorities, priorities.

animallittle3
18-08-2018, 09:31 AM
I still wouldn’t spend £7/8million on something I didnt own .

Don’t get me wrong Id love to see it flattened and replaced by something fit for this century

It wants a refurb in my opinion ESR , something that retains the character without looking out of place within the new stands that have gone up over the last 25 years .

Possibly a new roof that covers the lower tier but keeping the dormer , a decent media facility in the middle of the lower tier perhaps .

It certainly doesn't need anything to increase the capacity given our gates .

Loads of clever designers and architects would come up with something that provided something modern looking but kept the historical character .

animallittle3
18-08-2018, 09:38 AM
With the hype when they arrived a wo expecting mooar to be honest. I thought the "nothing crazy" referred to the transfer market as they have to work within FFP rules (though other clubs dunt). Property development is their area of expertise. What happened to the option they announced at the time of the takeover to buy the ground/ land ?
The fans get hand-dryers, the media get a new suite.

It sits perfectly fine with me that BMBC continues to have a stake within the club and I'll be disappointed if that changes in all honesty .

It was one of Patrick's better decisions in my opinion to safeguard the club when he departed .

SBRed48
18-08-2018, 09:45 AM
It's a wonder the other three sides got developed if there are all these obstacles to dooin anything. Can't get mi eead rarnd it to be honest.

yorkshireborn
18-08-2018, 10:34 AM
if the new owners arn't happy with the council im sure they would build a new stadium.

Romared
18-08-2018, 10:40 AM
Weer abarts is this media centre going to be , behind the West Stand North ?

animallittle3
18-08-2018, 10:52 AM
It's a wonder the other three sides got developed if there are all these obstacles to dooin anything. Can't get mi eead rarnd it to be honest.

The ground was redeveloped when the club owned the stadium and land lock , stock and barrel SB .

Different ball game back then .

animallittle3
18-08-2018, 10:56 AM
Weer abarts is this media centre going to be , behind the West Stand North ?

I don't know to be honest because there's bogs at the back of the WS South too and are largely unused given that area is never open so im guessing it may be those that are getting demolished .

EastStandRed
18-08-2018, 11:08 AM
For me a bit at a time is ok, Gym has been done out , new media centre planned, some improvements made at the academy new pitches laid etc and offices refurbed and no fire sale of players after relegation.

animallittle3
18-08-2018, 11:11 AM
For me a bit at a time is ok, Gym has been done out , new media centre planned, some improvements made at the academy new pitches laid etc and offices refurbed and no fire sale of players after relegation.

Totally agree ESR .

EastStandRed
18-08-2018, 11:49 AM
It wants a refurb in my opinion ESR , something that retains the character without looking out of place within the new stands that have gone up over the last 25 years .

Possibly a new roof that covers the lower tier but keeping the dormer , a decent media facility in the middle of the lower tier perhaps .

It certainly doesn't need anything to increase the capacity given our gates .

Loads of clever designers and architects would come up with something that provided something modern looking but kept the historical character .

Totally understand that some fans have got a big attachment to it especially you lads who sit over there but I’d like to see that side of the ground come alive again and it be replaced and I’d doubt it could be refurbed with a new roof I think it would have to be rebuilt

animallittle3
18-08-2018, 12:13 PM
Totally understand that some fans have got a big attachment to it especially you lads who sit over there but I’d like to see that side of the ground come alive again and it be replaced and I’d doubt it could be refurbed with a new roof I think it would have to be rebuilt

I've had a ST in the past in every other area of the ground and I still think personally the west stand lower is the best view in the ground , I can accept the facilities aren't great because I enjoy the view so much .

A safe standing area on the lower tier could also bring it alive considerably too .

EastStandRed
18-08-2018, 12:25 PM
Safe standing would be ideal for the front of the West Stand . Good call that

SBRed48
18-08-2018, 05:25 PM
Am not being daft here but can anybody explain to me in two or three sentences who exactly owns the stadium and land ararnd it and what restrictions there are to development. Av erd sooa many conflicting tales that am flummoxed.

Thank you in anticipation.

Exiletyke
18-08-2018, 05:33 PM
Am not being daft here but can anybody explain to me in two or three sentences who exactly owns the stadium and land ararnd it and what restrictions there are to development. Av erd sooa many conflicting tales that am flummoxed.

You & me both SB
Makes you think that someone likes keeping the water muddy for some reason doesn't it?

animallittle3
18-08-2018, 06:31 PM

As far as I know , could be wrong but BMBC hold a 50% stake in the stadium and adjoining land and the club owns the other 50% .

SBRed48
18-08-2018, 06:41 PM
As far as I know , could be wrong but BMBC hold a 50% stake in the stadium and adjoining land and the club owns the other 50% .

Thanks Animal.

Any restrictions / covenants stopping changes ?

Who ez deciding vote if 50/50 ?

Am only asking cos a dunt know and wud like to know.

Ponte_Steve24
18-08-2018, 06:58 PM
Left Ponty End via front to exit straight up hill felt a bit fed up. Had Laura in my ear oil. Where we gooin here? Was bustin' for a p1ss so I bared left towards bogs. Laura is only freetund o' missin' sumat so she proceeds to follow me into smelly urinal and to her horror realise it's an open air sh1t house. Her face was a picture.

I'll keep my gob shut more often XD

animallittle3
18-08-2018, 07:02 PM
Thanks Animal.

Any restrictions / covenants stopping changes ?

Who ez deciding vote if 50/50 ?

Am only asking cos a dunt know and wud like to know.

I don't know about how the politics plays out SB in all honesty .

Just my opinion but I believe the emphasis is on BFC to come up with improvements and find the funding to implement them .

I only see BMBC has a safeguard to prevent any future or present ownership removing the club from its home .

It's not really like a tenant - landlord situation like you'd have with a rental property where the landlord assumes a greater responsibility for the upkeep and improvements .

It's just a fire wall really and nothing much more than that as far as I can tell .

SBRed48
18-08-2018, 07:03 PM
Medieval sh1t house but tha can't help luvvin it Ponte.XD XD XD

SBRed48
18-08-2018, 07:18 PM
I don't know about how the politics plays out SB in all honesty .

Just my opinion but I believe the emphasis is on BFC to come up with improvements and find the funding to implement them .

I only see BMBC has a safeguard to prevent any future or present ownership removing the club from its home .

It's not really like a tenant - landlord situation like you'd have with a rental property where the landlord assumes a greater responsibility for the upkeep and improvements .

It's just a fire wall really and nothing much more than that as far as I can tell .

Cheers Animal.

It's an odd carry on. I'm sure Chien and his gang ev the in house legal expertise, surveyors, architects, civil engineers, builders etc from world wide projects to wipe the floor with Barnsley Council so it's a strange thing fo them to just build a small scale single storey media building at the back of an old stand. My Pillaker Antenna are twitching--is this just a temporary measure prior to a move to a new Stadium on cheap land on the outskirts of Tarn ? People laughed at Christopher Columbus when he sed the world was round.

Exiletyke
18-08-2018, 07:56 PM
Bob Monkhouse once remarked that everyone laughed at him when he said he wanted to be a comedian but they're not laughing now he said

EastStandRed
19-08-2018, 09:24 AM
Oakwell Community Assests own it and Barnsley FC have to provide general upkeep

SBRed48
19-08-2018, 01:52 PM
Oakwell Community Assests own it and Barnsley FC have to provide general upkeep

Being a naturally curious sort of chap ( a nosey bugger) I Googled "Oakwell Community Assets". The info raised mooar questions than answers ( thuz a song abart that)--

The site led to Companies House which sed--

Oakwell Community Assets set up in Sept 2003 as a Private Limited Company. Registered address is Town Hall. Barnsley. The four present persons registered under its name are--

Andrew Frosdick---Secretary-Wakefield solicitor
Patrick Cryne--Director (presumably now James Cryne)
Councillor Gardiner--Director
Councillor Miller--Director

No info on the share of ownership or Restrictive Covenants applying to Oakwell.

In the last accounts published in March 2017 it showed--
Fixed Assets (Oakwell) worth £5,238,445
Current Assets £420,484

Oakwell Community Assets appear to rent the ground to Barnsley Football Club.

Al look into it further tomorra.

Exiletyke
19-08-2018, 02:39 PM
Good luck with that SB

Perhaps an E mail to Messrs Gardiner or Miller both still members I believe

May be able to assist

yorkshireborn
20-08-2018, 05:26 AM
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04916500/persons-with-significant-control

SBRed48
20-08-2018, 08:16 AM
Avvedda quick look at a few websites but the one that provides mooar detail tha ezto pay to darnlooad reports and my curiosity dunt stretch that far. They evto file their March 2018 Accounts by next month so the might be summat new there regarding ownership.

animallittle3
20-08-2018, 08:51 AM
BMBC clearly have an interest given the registered office is the town hall and two directors are councillors although it's sort of dressed up as a private company .

There must be some kind of reason for it to be structured this way , why that is I haven't a scooby , the two councillors could be watch dogs I guess and regulators perhaps .

Seems to have worked fine since it's inception in 2003 and a smart move by Patrick Cryne that secures the club's home at Oakwell .

EastStandRed
20-08-2018, 05:49 PM
BMBC clearly have an interest given the registered office is the town hall and two directors are councillors although it's sort of dressed up as a private company .

There must be some kind of reason for it to be structured this way , why that is I haven't a scooby , the two councillors could be watch dogs I guess and regulators perhaps .

Seems to have worked fine since it's inception in 2003 and a smart move by Patrick Cryne that secures the club's home at Oakwell .

Makes sense that it’s 50/50 , wouldn’t really work otherwise. As far as I knew the 50% still belongs to the Cryne family

SBRed48
21-08-2018, 06:55 AM
Makes sense that it’s 50/50 , wouldn’t really work otherwise. As far as I knew the 50% still belongs to the Cryne family

We'll find out if Chien bought out James Cryne's 50% when the March 2018 Accounts are published soon.