PDA

View Full Version : Barnes & Gayle

BaggieSingh
19-08-2018, 09:26 AM
I think Barnes & Gayle really were the pick of the bunch yesterday and were everything we have been lacking over the last couple of years

Ran at the defence and showed some real quality.

Phillips has been brilliant this season too.

Agree with the other comments here Brunty isnt best suited with CM would like to see Field in there

Also things look good with players like Harper, Leko, Burke, Townsend on the fringe of the first team

As the season goes on and we get injuries i think Barnes and Phillips will be great as they can play centrally as well as wide and in fact play really well when they drift into the middle.

The only thing I think we are missing is a midfield enforcer when things arent going so well, would love a Mulumbu of a few years ago instead of Livermore

But all in all a great week for us

COYB

baggieal
19-08-2018, 10:15 AM
I think Barnes & Gayle really were the pick of the bunch yesterday and were everything we have been lacking over the last couple of years

Ran at the defence and showed some real quality.

Phillips has been brilliant this season too.

Agree with the other comments here Brunty isnt best suited with CM would like to see Field in there

Also things look good with players like Harper, Leko, Burke, Townsend on the fringe of the first team

As the season goes on and we get injuries i think Barnes and Phillips will be great as they can play centrally as well as wide and in fact play really well when they drift into the middle.

The only thing I think we are missing is a midfield enforcer when things arent going so well, would love a Mulumbu of a few years ago instead of Livermore

But all in all a great week for us

COYB

Agree 100% with all your comments. Gayle was exceptional as was Barnes. I said to the guy sitting next to me yesterday we need another Mulumbu type player to control the middle. Brunt and Livermore are the missing links or are so far on their showing!

Whicka_Mon
19-08-2018, 10:30 AM
Agree 100% with all your comments. Gayle was exceptional as was Barnes. I said to the guy sitting next to me yesterday we need another Mulumbu type player to control the middle. Brunt and Livermore are the missing links or are so far on their showing!

Nothing wrong with Livermore yesterday imo.

baggieal
19-08-2018, 10:59 AM
Nothing wrong with Livermore yesterday imo.

Brunt was awful and Livermore was average for me. Brunt can not play in that position whatsoever and Livermore is too inconsistent and needs to stamp his authority on the game more! Gayle and Barnes were excellent.

As Big Dave got the balls to drop Brunt? Why are players like Barry coming on instead of young, energetic players like Field? This is what, I don't get!

QPR were absolute garbage yesterday and a neutral will think we were outstanding, but in my view we have lots of improvements still to be made i.e midfield and still undecided about Bartley who does blame everyone but himself.

Acid test will be this Friday!

Leicesterbaggie
19-08-2018, 11:18 AM
Brunt was awful and Livermore was average for me. Brunt can not play in that position whatsoever and Livermore is too inconsistent and needs to stamp his authority on the game more! Gayle and Barnes were excellent.

As Big Dave got the balls to drop Brunt? Why are players like Barry coming on instead of young, energetic players like Field? This is what, I don't get!

QPR were absolute garbage yesterday and a neutral will think we were outstanding, but in my view we have lots of improvements still to be made i.e midfield and still undecided about Bartley who does blame everyone but himself.

Acid test will be this Friday!

Could have written this thread myself. Totally agree! Just could not understand Barry and not Field. I think Moore is doing a good job, except for his substitutions.

Joy_Division
19-08-2018, 02:14 PM
At 5-1, I would have thought Field and or Burke would have got a run out as opposed to Morrison and Kanu. But at the end of the day Kanu set Phillips up for his second goal, then Morrison squared it for Kanu to score the seventh so who is right and who is wrong at the end of the day. Kanu has come on in two league games and scored in each so maybe he is more of an impact player than one who starts a game. I do think either Livermore or Brunt (he is being asked to play in a position that does not suit him) needs to be replaced with younger legs to get around and be able to get stuck in a bit more and would have thought Field with his eye for a pass as well would be ideal.