PDA

View Full Version : Hampden or Murrayfield ?

alwaysanarab
27-08-2018, 01:05 PM
No to fussed either way as it could be a while before we visit there.Wonder what our record is of Hampden trips.?

shedka
27-08-2018, 01:18 PM
It's improved in the last decade that's for sure

And Hampden of course, actually sick of the debate now and annoyed by the lack of respect for Scottish Football history and this anti Glasgow stuff about location

Do think they need to bring behind the goals closer in, whatever needs done do it at Hampden

LSArab
27-08-2018, 01:55 PM
It’s a poor atmosphere for National team. Why do they need the space for a running track?!?

They need to improve it. I blame Scotland’s poor home record post 98 partly on the loss of atmosphere there now. We need to make it more of a cauldron and get fans closer to the pitch

shedka
27-08-2018, 02:28 PM
Scotland don't really have a poor Hampden record in competitive games post 1998 considering it's been a relatively weak era and the atmosphere is incredible for the big competitive games... (France and Italy during the euro 2008 qualifiers could never be matched by any other stadium in Scotland)

Germany 2003 (1-1) Netherlands 2003 (1-0) Italy 2005 (1-1) France 2006 (1-0) Ukraine 2007 (3-1) Italy 2007 (1-2) Netherlands 2009 (0-1) Spain 2010 (2-3) Czech Rep 2011 (2-2) Belgium 2013 (0-2) Croatia 2013 (2-0) Germany 2015 (2-3) Poland 2015 (2-2) England 2017 (2-2)

Overall record since 1998 at Hampden for competitive games played 44 won 23 draws 12 lost 9 goals 66 conceded 38

Of the 9 defeats, 6 narrow against big nations, England 1999 Italy 2007 Netherlands 2009 Spain 2010 Belgium 2013 Germany 2015

Dreamsof83
27-08-2018, 03:04 PM
Really hoping you had all those stats and knowledge lodged in your head. Impressive!

Definitely Hampden for me. Egg chasers would never give it a rest if football moved into rugby's stadium

LSArab
27-08-2018, 03:06 PM
Fair shout that on the big matches the atmosphere is there. When I’ve been for the mid ranking nations though can be a bit off, the day out is great though.

Given we need to be winning most or all home matches to qualify only about a 50% return of wins is not giving us enough.

To qualify we need to win those matches against the big nations against the odds

I agree we definitely want to keep hampden just improve it.

What they have done at likes of old Trafford I think is lower the pitch and fit more seats nearer to the action

Colin_DUFC
27-08-2018, 03:40 PM
Hampden for me. Murrayfield is a rugby stadium. Why put football money into rugby? Minority sport.
I've been at Hampden for semis, finals and Scotland games and depending who and how we are playing impacts the atmosphere. Happens in all stadiums. The cup win in 2010, great atmosphere. The two each draw with England had a great atmosphere.
I don't buy the transport link stuff. It's tough to get fifty sixty thousand folk moving as quick as they all want.
Murrayfield also has a running track.
I'd knock down the east and west stands and build them as close to the pitch as possible. Same as suggested above, dig the pitch out and lower it like the Nou Camp. Improve the view.
Hampden is famous for being the home of Scottish football. Murrayfield although bigger is a rugby stadium. Who'd get preference in the unlikely event of a fixture clash?
I like the nostalgia associated with Hampden, I think we'd lose something to just bin it to move to a rugby stadium.

ahlltanyirhide
27-08-2018, 05:14 PM
Has to be Hampden for me. There is no better place in Scottish football to celebrate winning a trophy, not unless the powers that be would consider a massive uprade of Dens Park, as that too is a wonderful place, it’s just the organisations’ a phukkin disgrace ;)

Pissedoffshed
27-08-2018, 05:28 PM
Only is one choice. HAMPDEN FOR ME

shedka
27-08-2018, 05:32 PM
Fair shout that on the big matches the atmosphere is there. When I’ve been for the mid ranking nations though can be a bit off, the day out is great though.

Given we need to be winning most or all home matches to qualify only about a 50% return of wins is not giving us enough.

To qualify we need to win those matches against the big nations against the odds

I agree we definitely want to keep hampden just improve it.

What they have done at likes of old Trafford I think is lower the pitch and fit more seats nearer to the action

I hear you but it matches up well to most countries to be fair, our problem has been the patchy away record, twice we could have qualified and deservedly so in the last decade by winning in Georgia....

I must say I like the look of Alex McLeish's latest Scotland squad for the upcoming games, plenty to work with and players that can only improve

offshore_arab83
27-08-2018, 08:19 PM
The sheer fact that this countries national stadium is in a sh1thole hoosing scheme in f ucking glasgow is absolutely f ucking ridic!!!

Should be a national stadium in the Capital, i.e. murrayfield or a new venue in say Stirling. Why the f uck does that spunkhole glagow need 3 x 50k+ stadiums? it f ucking doesnt.

Only think is we will always be stuck with Hampden as the sfa will never vote to leave glasgow.

shedka
27-08-2018, 08:23 PM
Murrayfield is crap, why should it be moved from Glasgow???

Would be a disgrace if it was moved from Hampden, that is Scottish football's home whether people here in the east like it or not

offshore_arab83
27-08-2018, 08:30 PM
Murrayfield is crap, why should it be moved from Glasgow???

Would be a disgrace if it was moved from Hampden, that is Scottish football's home whether people here in the east like it or not

Its a disgrace its there in the first place! why should it be Glasgow? whats Glasgow got other places doesnt except more minks?

National stadium, not in the capital, in a built up house scheme with poor access routes into it, it's f ucking sh1te.

shedka
27-08-2018, 09:06 PM
That's your opinion, some of those games I posted earlier in the thread aswell as many great times with United day otherwise (the a lot tangerine would buy have looked as good anywhere else yacc that day in 2010), the noise at some of those goals can not be replicated anywhere else, when Barry Ferguson equalised vs Italy in 2007 I've never heard a noise or seen reaction that can match it before or since... anywhere not just in Scotland

Poor access routes??? Lol that myth getting peddled, no worse than Edinburgh, weak reason to piss on all that history, lack of respect imo

Glasgow is a football city, our biggest city, working class and where Scotland national team played the first ever international back in 1872, somethings just happen naturally and Hampden became our home and what a tradition and history it has now (Inc all European attendance records) , one I'm proud of as a Scottish football fan, Edinburgh is where the national Rugby stadium is and nowhere near as football daft as Glasgow

Dundee is has fkn loads of minks, and Edinburgh isn't immune from them, what's your point??

Jim_Jam
27-08-2018, 09:41 PM
I don't like playing Celtic and Rangers in a semi final or final at a neutral venue in their home City. I hate there being a Celtic end and a Rangers end. Also some seats are so far away from the action I feel quite detached. The atmosphere isn't great quite often.
The area around the ground isn't good when you have to pay kids not to scratch your car.

Edinburgh for me.

TerryTheTerror
27-08-2018, 09:46 PM
I hate there being a Celtic end and a Rangers end.

This is something that should change. It is an utter embarrassment that we are even discussing it in this day and age. Toss a coin.

huntedbyafreak
27-08-2018, 10:08 PM
Issues with Hampden

1.ridiculous Celtic/sevco end pish. Disgrace that Celtic get the East Stand when they’re playing teams from East Coast. Adds to journey time.
2. It’s a ****e view if you’re behind the goal.
3. Public transport isn’t great.
4. Lack of boozers

Issues with Murrayfield

1. Rugby is for ****s and **** lining the pockets of the SRU. Tory ****s

jjaflup22
27-08-2018, 11:34 PM
That's your opinion, some of those games I posted earlier in the thread aswell as many great times with United day otherwise (the a lot tangerine would buy have looked as good anywhere else yacc that day in 2010), the noise at some of those goals can not be replicated anywhere else, when Barry Ferguson equalised vs Italy in 2007 I've never heard a noise or seen reaction that can match it before or since... anywhere not just in Scotland

Poor access routes??? Lol that myth getting peddled, no worse than Edinburgh, weak reason to piss on all that history, lack of respect imo

Glasgow is a football city, our biggest city, working class and where Scotland national team played the first ever international back in 1872, somethings just happen naturally and Hampden became our home and what a tradition and history it has now (Inc all European attendance records) , one I'm proud of as a Scottish football fan, Edinburgh is where the national Rugby stadium is and nowhere near as football daft as Glasgow

Dundee is has fkn loads of minks, and Edinburgh isn't immune from them, what's your point??

Lol, brilliant! Yeah I'm afraid, like it or lump it, football had it's origins in the west coast with Queens Park being the first club. Dumbarton FC winning the first league and Renton FC winning the 'World Cup'. You can't deny history and it's Hampden Park for me.

Wullie
28-08-2018, 12:33 AM
Issues with Hampden

1.ridiculous Celtic/sevco end pish. Disgrace that Celtic get the East Stand when they’re playing teams from East Coast. Adds to journey time.
2. It’s a ****e view if you’re behind the goal.
3. Public transport isn’t great.
4. Lack of boozers

Issues with Murrayfield

1. Rugby is for ****s and **** lining the pockets of the SRU. Tory ****s

Nutshell.

darrenshedtastic
28-08-2018, 01:54 PM
hampden for me.

hampdens views behind the goals are poor but its the same at murrayfield so dont see switching games there being a solution.
i think hampden should be used more for "special occasions". hampden can be jumping with a great atomosphere if its a big enough game. for me semi-finals or international friendlies shouldnt be held there with only exception being old firm games.

how many times have we seen semi finals been played there and its half empty with no atomosphere. they should be moved to neutral venue in relation to the teams in the semi finals. semi final v aberdeen at tynecastle 2008, the place was jumping because it was a full house. we played them at hampden in semi final 2015 and was still a decent atomosphere but nowhere near what it was the previous one imo.

for internationals i think taking the national team around the country is a good idea. obviously depends on who were playing but it allows fans who maybe dont get the chance to see the national team to go and see them.

hampden has its problems but moving the football team to the home of rugby which has similar problems to what hampden has doesnt seem like the greatest idea

Conan
28-08-2018, 02:49 PM
The sheer fact that this countries national stadium is in a sh1thole hoosing scheme in f ucking glasgow is absolutely f ucking ridic!!!

Should be a national stadium in the Capital, i.e. murrayfield or a new venue in say Stirling. Why the f uck does that spunkhole glagow need 3 x 50k+ stadiums? it f ucking doesnt.

Only think is we will always be stuck with Hampden as the sfa will never vote to leave glasgow.

I don't think you could call Cathcart, Kings Park, Battlefield or Mount Florida (the four surrounding areas) schemes, let alone ****holes. I don't think your Glasgow geography is very good.

Cathcart had a Tory MP for 15 years FFS!

Conan
28-08-2018, 02:55 PM
Its a disgrace its there in the first place! why should it be Glasgow? whats Glasgow got other places doesnt except more minks?

National stadium, not in the capital, in a built up house scheme with poor access routes into it, it's f ucking sh1te.

AND - there are four or five stations within about half a mile of Hampden. Kings Park, Mount Florida, Queens Park and Crosshill. It's a mile from the M74, and also close to both the M77 and M8. It's on almost all the major bus routes through the southside of the city and is closer to Glasgow Central station on foot than Tannadice is to Dundee Station.

There are two international airports within 25 miles, and another 40 miles away. 1.8 million people live in the Greater Glasgow conurbation.

Stirling is a small town and Edinburgh is a rugby city.

Conan
28-08-2018, 02:58 PM
I don't like playing Celtic and Rangers in a semi final or final at a neutral venue in their home City. I hate there being a Celtic end and a Rangers end. Also some seats are so far away from the action I feel quite detached. The atmosphere isn't great quite often.
The area around the ground isn't good when you have to pay kids not to scratch your car.

Edinburgh for me.

You're thinking of Parkhead.

Araberto
28-08-2018, 04:51 PM
New poster here.

I think we should get rid of the whole national stadium idea.
A) Glasgow is too big for 3 50k+ stadiums
B) southside Glasgow is crying out for housing and developing hampden into this would be a god-send for the area
C) like it or not, Murrayfield on a rugby day has 10x the atmosphere hampden does (comparing both for sellout games) but an equally flat atmosphere for smaller matches

I propose a rotational system. Large matches played at Murrayfield, Celtic Park and Ibrox with smaller games at the likes of Pittodrie, Easter Road, Tynecastle and Tannadice. It would mean loyal fans don’t always have to travel miles for international matches, and would improve the atmosphere at the smaller games.
When it comes to Scottish Cup it also removes the “home” bias of the old firm playing in Glasgow.
Any money made from selling off hampden could be pumped straight back into youth football or improving facilities at the likes of tannadice and tynecastle to support an international game day.
Just a thought

I’d also add that the best Scotland game atmosphere I’ve ever been to was at etic Park for the Scotland Ireland match recently.

shedka
28-08-2018, 05:01 PM
The Scotland Ireland game was good but would have been excellent at Hampden as well, certainly didn't match the euro 2008 games v France or Italy and when if comes to cup finals Hampden is by far the best for occasion and atmosphere, Celtic Park didn't even feel like a final, it was dreadful

As for Murrayfield being better atmosphere, I doubt it is for comparable occasions, no chance

Agree with conan about the transport, absolute myth, I walked back to the centre of city from Hampden in 2010 basking in our cup win, took half an hour to wander

Otm_Shank
28-08-2018, 05:06 PM
Hampden isn't greatand the track is an issue but I think people go overboard with the criticism. I've been in some cracking atmospheres there. I do think for smaller games it should be at the castle,Celtic park etc as they are right on top of the pitch and a great atmosphere.

Araberto
28-08-2018, 05:36 PM
The Scotland Ireland game was good but would have been excellent at Hampden as well, certainly didn't match the euro 2008 games v France or Italy and when if comes to cup finals Hampden is by far the best for occasion and atmosphere, Celtic Park didn't even feel like a final, it was dreadful

As for Murrayfield being better atmosphere, I doubt it is for comparable occasions, no chance

Agree with conan about the transport, absolute myth, I walked back to the centre of city from Hampden in 2010 basking in our cup win, took half an hour to wander

Up until we started playing terribly that day, the atmosphere at park head was better than hampden 2010 in my opinion. And foreign teams consistently praise it as an unbelievable atmosphere for champions league matches. That could easily be transferred for big national matches.

I also went to Murrayfield for a couple of the recent hearts games with a friend who is a fan and mustvsay even they were brilliant football atmospheres.

Losing Hampden would have no negative impact in my opinion apart from losing a “historical Home” but at the end of the day, after 1 year of not having that Home, who would really care. Look at Arsenal, juventus etc. Gave up “history” for a better match day experience which, in my opinion, is more important

Pissedoffshed
28-08-2018, 06:00 PM
Look you wouldnt take the open from St. Andrews the home of golf and put it a caird park would you. Why do people always want to change things that don't need fixed. HAMPDEN ALL THE WAY.

Why not move the national games to the new football academy Stadium they are building at caird park or play the games around the country just a suggestion if Hampden was no longer a choice.

jjaflup22
28-08-2018, 06:02 PM
Up until we started playing terribly that day, the atmosphere at park head was better than hampden 2010 in my opinion. And foreign teams consistently praise it as an unbelievable atmosphere for champions league matches. That could easily be transferred for big national matches.

I also went to Murrayfield for a couple of the recent hearts games with a friend who is a fan and mustvsay even they were brilliant football atmospheres.

Losing Hampden would have no negative impact in my opinion apart from losing a “historical Home” but at the end of the day, after 1 year of not having that Home, who would really care. Look at Arsenal, juventus etc. Gave up “history” for a better match day experience which, in my opinion, is more important

Wit? 'match day experience' is more important than history. Are you for real?!? Let's just move from Tannadice and call it the Pizza Hut Stadium. Personally I thought the atmosphere at the Parkhead cup final was dreadful, practically non existent. As for Murrayfield I've had the unfortunate experience of attending a couple of rugger matches there and it was garbage, though the food was OK so you would probably think that was more important than the atmosphere.

Araberto
28-08-2018, 06:03 PM
Look you wouldnt take the open from St. Andrews the home of golf and put it a caird park would you. Why do people always want to change things that don't need fixed. HAMPDEN ALL THE WAY.

Why not move the national games to the new football academy Stadium they are building at caird park or play the games around the country just a suggestion if Hampden was no longer a choice.

The open gets taken away From St. Andrews the home of golf 75% of the time

Araberto
28-08-2018, 06:10 PM
Wit? 'match day experience' is more important than history. Are you for real?!? Let's just move from Tannadice and call it the Pizza Hut Stadium. Personally I thought the atmosphere at the Parkhead cup final was dreadful, practically non existent. As for Murrayfield I've had the unfortunate experience of attending a couple of rugger matches there and it was garbage, though the food was OK so you would probably think that was more important than the atmosphere.

Frankly I’d rather move to a sponsor-named stadium if it were to make me feel like my season ticket moneybwas well spent, rather than sitting in a delapidated stadium where not a single trophy has been won. Butbthats another point.
I would hazard a guess and say not a single one of us has been to a big Scotland match at Murrayfield. Why not try it and see if we like it rather than flatly dismissing suggestions that could improve the overall experience that you pay £35-45 a pop for?

Pissedoffshed
28-08-2018, 06:32 PM
I know this. I was trying to make a point without being to nasty ie why would you take it away from some place that is a unbelievable sporting venue to well let's be honest a **** hole. I've been to Murrayfield a few times and I haven't been impressed.

Whitfieldarab
28-08-2018, 06:35 PM
Hampden is looking tired nowadays so why not flatten it and build a complete new stadium while playing temporarily at Murrayfield, Celtic Park etc.

Was at Celtic Park for the Scotland v England friendly in 2014 and the atmosphere was incredible. The atmosphere at our final there v Saints was great too but it's probably being panned by folk because it ended up being a damp squib of a day.

The atmosphere at semi finals/finals depends on the fans and not the history of the stadium imo. When we won both Scottish cups there never once did I think of my surroundings I was too busy celebrating with my mates.

Murrayfield in the long term us a no from me but a New Hampden would get my vote.

offshore_arab83
28-08-2018, 06:36 PM

LOL poor access routes? you being serious? unless yer at the tim end and parked at asda its a f cuking disaster, infact its a disaster at asda too! have you ever tried getting out of there after a concert? it takes f ucking hours.

Glasgow is a football city, so is Dundee, so is Aberdeen so whats your point? Whats the difference?

Mair minks in Glasgow than Dundee, at least Dundee has sound minks!

offshore_arab83
28-08-2018, 06:37 PM
Lol, brilliant! Yeah I'm afraid, like it or lump it, football had it's origins in the west coast with Queens Park being the first club. Dumbarton FC winning the first league and Renton FC winning the 'World Cup'. You can't deny history and it's Hampden Park for me.

spoken like a true west coaster

offshore_arab83
28-08-2018, 06:39 PM
I don't think you could call Cathcart, Kings Park, Battlefield or Mount Florida (the four surrounding areas) schemes, let alone ****holes. I don't think your Glasgow geography is very good.

Cathcart had a Tory MP for 15 years FFS!

nope all ****eholes, 100% schemes

you're no biased much are you...

Araberto
28-08-2018, 06:39 PM
I know this. I was trying to make a point without being to nasty ie why would you take it away from some place that is a unbelievable sporting venue to well let's be honest a **** hole. I've been to Murrayfield a few times and I haven't been impressed.

That’s fair enough. What in particular do you feel makes Murrayfield a **** hole? There isn’t a single aspect about hampden than I can think of, which I would say is superior to Murrayfield. Food included jjflaoup22 ;)

offshore_arab83
28-08-2018, 06:40 PM

F uck hampden

B4 i go
28-08-2018, 07:01 PM
Think theres about 2 pubs around hampden a couple of miles away from ground (at least one is.)
15 mins from mount florida by train to city centre god knows how long it would take to walk there, and mount florida station isnt just round the corner from hampden either! Would always feel safer in Edinburgh also especially playing any of they 2. Hampden is the middle of no place at least for someone that dont live in Glesga.

offshore_arab83
28-08-2018, 07:09 PM
Think theres about 2 pubs around hampden a couple of miles away from ground (at least one is.)
15 mins from mount florida by train to city centre god knows how long it would take to walk there, and mount florida station isnt just round the corner from hampden either! Would always feel safer in Edinburgh also especially playing any of they 2. Hampden is the middle of no place at least for someone that dont live in Glesga.

Its a sh1tehole, only people on here that will argue that it isnt are people from there!

jjaflup22
28-08-2018, 08:01 PM
spoken like a true west coaster

And proud of it. I have no problem about where I come from. You however seem to have a very large chip on your shoulder. Talking about 'minks'... Jees, what are you 14?!?

stokearab
28-08-2018, 08:15 PM
Maybe this could lead to a new thread - which town/city has the highest percentage of minks per heard of population. edit - I'm going Cumbernauld with that one

Not been to Murrayfield but have mixed views on this. Don't think Murrayfield is the answer in terms of access, not any better than Hampden for that.

I agree with Offshore about the access to Hampden. A new stadium just off a motorway in the central belt with two purpose built rail links. one for both sets of fans etc would be sensible but it's never going to happen while we have the SFA.

Hampden is potentially a great stadium though, just needs redeveloped like others have said, get the east and west stands closer to the pitch, etc etc. I do agree the rake (right word?) is crapp and the views from lower levels are not good. But somehow you feel that's something beyond the SFA too. And put an end to Celtic and Rangers ends. This has to stop, but who's going to stop it. Seems to me the clubs outwith the big two Glasgow ones seem unable to get together and use their collective strength with stuff like that.

Celtic Park is shYte. Mink central, no parking, all round rubbish stadium

Conan
28-08-2018, 08:58 PM
nope all ****eholes, 100% schemes

you're no biased much are you...

I’m from Fife.

stokearab
28-08-2018, 09:00 PM
I’m from Fife.

ffs that'll wind him up even more!

Conan
28-08-2018, 09:04 PM

The Beechwood, The Montford Arms and Clockwork are all within a few hundred metres of Hampden.

Mount Florida station is 400 metres from the stadium.

Conan
28-08-2018, 09:05 PM
ffs that'll wind him up even more!

Just don’t tell him I live in EK now. I can be home from Hampden in about 15 minutes, such is the transport infrastructure in the west of Scotland.

jjaflup22
28-08-2018, 09:16 PM
Just don’t tell him I live in EK now. I can be home from Hampden in about 15 minutes, such is the transport infrastructure in the west of Scotland.

😂

stokearab
28-08-2018, 09:22 PM

Just on that Conan.........as I was travelling from Embra airport recently into the city the Tram passed right beside - Murrayfield Stadium!

By the way Edinburgh also has benefitted from the invention of the bus, train, taxi and motorway. Most days you can also get electricity.
Just sayin

No idea where it stands on the mink scale though, whether it can breach the top ten I doubt.

B4 i go
28-08-2018, 09:24 PM
The Beechwood, The Montford Arms and Clockwork are all within a few hundred metres of Hampden.

Mount Florida station is 400 metres from the stadium.

3 pubs btwn 50,000 thirsty punters.And suppose it depends on what end you are in how close anything is?

jjaflup22
28-08-2018, 09:30 PM
3 pubs btwn 50,000 thirsty punters.And suppose it depends on what end you are in how close anything is?

All effing stadiums have got ends. Are you going to claim Murrayfield hasn't got ends?! Right enough Stoke will probably tell us it's got travellators to take us from one end to the other! 😉

stokearab
28-08-2018, 09:54 PM
All effing stadiums have got ends. Are you going to claim Murrayfield hasn't got ends?! Right enough Stoke will probably tell us it's got travellators to take us from one end to the other! ��

Has it? And wtf are travellators lol

By the way I wasn't advocating a move to Murrayfield just saying that transport links are no better or worse than Hampden.

Murrayfield only fits the bill if the SFA are unprepared to redevelop Hampden or unprepared to build a new stadium in a better place away from both cities. And even then it would only fit the bill because of capacity and the fact it doesn't need redevelopment ie is finished/ready to move into.

TBH I think it's only a ruse by the SFA to get the deal they want for Hampden. Can you really see the Glasgow based SFA agreeing to move the national stadium to Edinburgh? Not very likely is it

stokearab
28-08-2018, 09:57 PM

Think that's a decent point mate. If you approach from the east it's a dry zone for miles. Given you can't count the pubs that double up as centres of imminent violent attack by Hun fans. The Mount Florida end does have pubs I suppose, you just need to be lucky if your team has that end.

Conan
28-08-2018, 10:17 PM
Think that's a decent point mate. If you approach from the east it's a dry zone for miles. Given you can't count the pubs that double up as centres of imminent violent attack by Hun fans. The Mount Florida end does have pubs I suppose, you just need to be lucky if your team has that end.

I wonder if some of you folk have ever been to Hampden before. The Montford and the Beechwood are right on Aikenhead Road behind the East Stand. They could scarcely be closer to the ground.

stokearab
28-08-2018, 10:39 PM
I wonder if some of you folk have ever been to Hampden before. The Montford and the Beechwood are right on Aikenhead Road behind the East Stand. They could scarcely be closer to the ground.

Don't be starting with that. Been to every final at Hampden, several semis and many internationals.
But never drank right at the stadium if you get my drift.

TerryTheTerror
28-08-2018, 11:47 PM

A fife weegie, FFS. :)

offshore_arab83
29-08-2018, 02:32 PM
And proud of it. I have no problem about where I come from. You however seem to have a very large chip on your shoulder. Talking about 'minks'... Jees, what are you 14?!?

No chip on the shoulder, just stating an opinion!

Minks, aye, correct, f ucking thousands of them

offshore_arab83
29-08-2018, 02:33 PM
I’m from Fife.

Apologies neebs

offshore_arab83
29-08-2018, 02:34 PM
A fife weegie, FFS. :)

what a combo lol

utd4me
29-08-2018, 04:43 PM
what a combo lol

A Wifie or a Feegie, which one?

TerryTheTerror
29-08-2018, 05:08 PM
A Wifie or a Feegie, which one?

Chunt. :P

shedka
11-09-2018, 01:34 PM
Hampden thank god, history respected

Really happy about that, now they need to at some point develop behind the goals, lower the stupid pricing and schedule the friendlies elsewhere for the most part

sorted.

Colin_DUFC
11-09-2018, 02:33 PM
Happy with that. Get Queens Park playing at lesser Hampden as well.

stokearab
11-09-2018, 03:29 PM
I don't believe Murrayfield was ever a serious contender. I think it was a red herring to get the best deal on Hampden. There's no way the Weegie SFA would move have moved the national stadium to Edinburgh imo

ahlltanyirhide
11-09-2018, 04:46 PM
I don't believe Murrayfield was ever a serious contender. I think it was a red herring to get the best deal on Hampden. There's no way the Weegie SFA would move have moved the national stadium to Edinburgh imo

Me too Stokie, everyone needs a bargaining chip when attempting to negotiate a deal otherwise you get yir erse felt. In saying that though, Queens Park were pretty much phukked, they could not afford to stay on at Hampden and nobody else was there with a counter offer. I like going to Hampden, it’s the traditional home of Scottish football and recognised around the world. Murrayfield just wouldn’t have done it for me.

jjaflup22
11-09-2018, 05:34 PM

Really happy about that, now they need to at some point develop behind the goals, lower the stupid pricing and schedule the friendlies elsewhere for the most part

sorted.

Amen to that! The rugger toffs can get tae... All about the history.

offshore_arab83
14-09-2018, 07:55 AM

sorted.

Never mind people who have to commute to the sh1thole though eh...

offshore_arab83
14-09-2018, 07:56 AM

million percent, horrible chunts the lot of them