PDA

View Full Version : Burnley v Man United

oldcolner
28-08-2018, 07:15 AM
The game will be crucial to both teams as United have won only one game (Leicester 2-1) losing three ( including Charity Shield) Mourinho will be under pressure after losing to Spurs 0-3 at Home, walking out on Press conferences with his team being called Disunited. He spent a long time applauding the crowd as if he might be going.

Can Sean capitalise on this after another Olympian week. I’m not hopeful but if we can get an early goal who knows. However we seem to be early conceders now as well as second half faders.

The Bedlington Terrier
28-08-2018, 07:25 AM
A relegation six pointer already! :s

ClaretinBudapest
28-08-2018, 09:13 AM
Burnley 1 Man Utd 3

oldcolner
28-08-2018, 11:51 AM
Burnley 1 Man Utd 3
Why not do the Predictor each week CiB

oldcolner
28-08-2018, 06:03 PM
Sean says we need to tighten up. Isn’t that what Tanya Bardsley did? Lol

oldcolner
28-08-2018, 09:52 PM
Mourinho one loss away from the sack?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6107489/Jose-Mourinho-one-loss-sack-Manchester-United-players-staff-believe-manager-go.html

The Bedlington Terrier
29-08-2018, 06:52 AM
Sunday is a big game in more ways than one! :s

sinkov
29-08-2018, 06:34 PM
So we could get Mourinho sacked. After his shameful attack on Ashley Barnes a couple of seasons ago I'd be delighted if could hammer the final nail in the obnoxious little tw@t's coffin. Pity we're not exactly in a good run of form, he'll likely as not live to fight another day.

ClaretinBudapest
29-08-2018, 06:58 PM
So we could get Mourinho sacked. After his shameful attack on Ashley Barnes a couple of seasons ago I'd be delighted if could hammer the final nail in the obnoxious little tw@t's coffin. Pity we're not exactly in a good run of form, he'll likely as not live to fight another day.

Unfortunately.

CaspertheClaret
29-08-2018, 08:46 PM
We will beat this shower of sh@t - 2-0 (It's on the prediction thread!) :D

sinkov
30-08-2018, 12:24 AM
We will beat this shower of sh@t - 2-0 (It's on the prediction thread!) :D

If we beat United 2-0 (33/1) and this leads to Jose being the next PL manager to be sacked (6/4) that's £450 for a fiver. Got to be worth a bet Casper.

whittyclaretandblue
30-08-2018, 07:55 AM
I haven't seen even a glimmer of a performance yet this season from us and we look like a league 1 side at times on paper we should get a hiding from Utd, so that's a 1-0 home win Sam off the bench.

CarrotFingers
30-08-2018, 03:02 PM
Hi everyone, first-time poster here.

This game is crucial. If we get something from it, we'll be OK for the season. If not, I worry because this is the sort of place that big teams don't like coming to. I don't want the European dream to end tonight, but part of me thinks it might be for the best if we have to focus on the league and survival.

UTC!

Norder
30-08-2018, 03:10 PM

had a peek at a few M.U forums - are quite a few saying, that if they lose - yes - Jo Mongo should go....but then they don't think they will, because they've noticed our lousy form.....and believe there's to be nowhere near as bad.

can't let them get the impetus - what would be nice, to hold out for the first half - and hit them with a goal in the second - then let them push men up - and get another....It's possible !

:D

Altobelli
30-08-2018, 03:16 PM
Hello and Welcome Fingers, I'd like a rest from this Europa nonsense also, but after all the dirty underhand things the Greeks gave us last week I'd love us to knock em out.

Man Utd not doing well which is a good thing especially as the poison dwarf is leading them, though as Whitty has said we have not seen anything above average from our side this year so I'm not too optimistic.

CarrotFingers
30-08-2018, 03:32 PM
Man Utd not doing well which is a good thing especially as the poison dwarf is leading them, though as Whitty has said we have not seen anything above average from our side this year so I'm not too optimistic.

Nor am I. United were good v Spurs, despite the scoreline. They'll be coming looking for the three points, that's for sure, and that's what could be different to seasons gone by. Huge game for both of us. It just feels a bit glum at the moment, and little sign of that changing.

The Bedlington Terrier
30-08-2018, 10:29 PM
We looked anything but "glum" tonight, we just jumped on the upward curve! :D

alexgelee
31-08-2018, 01:44 AM
Hi Guys,

Should be a good game, I was meant to be attending (currently live in Australia and a Utd fanc) with my Best mate (a Burnley fan) but due to family commitments changing neither of us can go.

I've got two tickets which I'm happy to sell for face value (£70) ticket locations:
NU2W/0045
NU2W/0046

Apologies in advance if this isn't the best/right location.

Alex

CarrotFingers
31-08-2018, 05:37 AM
We looked anything but "glum" tonight, we just jumped on the upward curve! :D

We were decent in the first half. We rarely seem to pull that sort of performance off, but it wasn't good enough. We've BUREXITed now, so let's take our failure to qualify as a positive and focus on the league. Pressure is on Dyche to produce, and quickly. We've got some fixtures coming up where it's difficult to see that happening... Bournemouth and Huddersfield are already six-pointers.

ClaretinBudapest
31-08-2018, 07:43 AM

had a peek at a few M.U forums - are quite a few saying, that if they lose - yes - Jo Mongo should go....but then they don't think they will, because they've noticed our lousy form.....and believe there's to be nowhere near as bad.

can't let them get the impetus - what would be nice, to hold out for the first half - and hit them with a goal in the second - then let them push men up - and get another....It's possible !

Dream on Norder.

The Bedlington Terrier
31-08-2018, 07:55 AM
Heaton, Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Ward, Cork, Westwood, Hendrick, Lennon, Vydra and Barnes will see United off on Sunday. Mark my words!

Norder
31-08-2018, 02:58 PM
Dream on Norder.

under the current circumstances - Dreaming is a perfectly appropriate pastime - Buda.

XD

outwoodclaret
01-09-2018, 06:29 AM

I absolutely agree sinkov. His comments after the match and then repeated on TV next morning were shameful and shameless. One of the most obnoxious managers of all time.

The Bedlington Terrier
01-09-2018, 06:46 AM
Looking forward to Ash "doing" Matic again tomorrow...:D

Rhodesey11
01-09-2018, 04:00 PM
Hi Guys,

Should be a good game, I was meant to be attending (currently live in Australia and a Utd fanc) with my Best mate (a Burnley fan) but due to family commitments changing neither of us can go.

I've got two tickets which I'm happy to sell for face value (£70) ticket locations:
NU2W/0045
NU2W/0046

Apologies in advance if this isn't the best/right location.

Alex

Hi,
Are these tkts still available ? If so what is best way to contact you to buy them ?

Rhodesey11
01-09-2018, 04:10 PM
Hi Alex
Are these tkts still available ? If so can you please give contact details, Thanks

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 02:14 PM
Not sure I like the starting line up :confused:

Burnley

20Hart
26Bardsley
5Tarkowski
6Mee
3Taylor
25Lennon
18Westwood
4Cork
31McNeil
13Hendrick
11Wood

Substitutes

1Heaton
2Lowton
9Vokes
10Barnes
23Ward
27Vydra
28Long

Man Utd

1De Gea
25A Valencia
12Smalling
2Lindelöf
23Shaw
27Fellaini
31Matic
6Pogba
14Lingard
9Lukaku
7Sánchez

Substitutes

3Bailly
10Rashford
11Martial
13Grant
17Fred
18Young
21Herrera

Referee: Jonathan Moss

Norder
02-09-2018, 02:43 PM
Not sure I like the starting line up :confused:

doubt it'll alarm United - Alto....starting with our "Star" power benched - not exactly intimidating - I wonder, if the Devils scored early in the first half - how quick S.D would be to respond with the neccessary adjustments ?

will miss the game - but wishing us the best of "Luck" .

see you on the other side.

;D

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 02:48 PM
Have a good day and Be Safe Norder :)

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 03:02 PM
A minutes silence for Jimmy Mac well respected, Burnley attacking the Cricket end and we are off.

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 03:04 PM
Bardsey a useless ball into no mans land gives manure possession, and Lingard tries to curl one in just past the post.

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 03:06 PM
Pogba gets a free kick in an interesting position, cleared but comes back with a shot and easily saved by Hart.

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 03:10 PM
Hart flaps it for a corner when it looked an easy catch, corner cleared

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 03:11 PM
Lingard lifts one well over the bar

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 03:12 PM
10 minutes in and we look like we are there just to make up the numbers :(

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 03:16 PM
Alexis barges into Bardsley and a BFC free kick,

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 03:21 PM
Free kick right hand side of Penalty area for BFC, Manure player booked. .. . . . . . . . Westwood and McNeil over it. . . . . . McNeil puts it straight out of play :(

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 03:25 PM
Burnley throw in and not one Burnley player making any moves to give the thrower any outs FFS !

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 03:27 PM
McNeil a wasted ball into the box, take your time son and relax yourself.

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 03:28 PM
Burnley 0 manure 1, Lukaku.

It was not going to be anything else the way we was shapping :(

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 03:33 PM
Smalling embracing Wood and the dozy Ref does not see it

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 03:35 PM
Its not working Mr Dyche (like most games this season), you need to change it before they score again fella.

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 03:38 PM
Another slack ball given away in attack, utd break and lukaku gets a chance but Hart saves

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 03:40 PM
FFS Change this Dyche !

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 03:46 PM
Too Slow Mr Dyche

Boys 0 Men 2

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 03:48 PM
Half Time and we don't deserve nothing as we are Sh!te

0-2

ClaretinBudapest
02-09-2018, 03:52 PM
Just as I predicted.On course for 0-4 if we are lucky.This side is not even Championship standard.We are dire.Slow,no pressure on the ball,no threat going forward,giving posession away far too easy,schoolboy errors,slow passing,no creativity,no tackilng.Enough said.A walk in the park for Utd.

ClaretinBudapest
02-09-2018, 04:00 PM
Half Time and we don't deserve nothing as we are Sh!te

0-2

That will be 1 point out of 12 Alto and from watching all four matches that is what we deserve.I know it is early but on the evidence so far,we are relegation material.

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 04:00 PM
I think all us viewing would be better walking in the park rather than putting up with these performances CIB :(

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 04:11 PM
McNeil booked,

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 04:14 PM
10 mins into the 2nd half and still no changes. . . . . . . what we doing ? waiting for the 3rd goal ?

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 04:16 PM
Dyche has woken up, Hendrick off for Vokes

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 04:17 PM
Watford 0 Spurs 1, own goal

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 04:27 PM
Lennon with a desperate tackle, penalty manure.

Pogba's pen saved by Hart.

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 04:30 PM
Rashford sent off for putting his head into Bardsley's face, Bardsley booked.

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 04:31 PM
Watford 1 Spurs 1, Deeney

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 04:33 PM
Shaw and Lukaku booked, free kick BFC at side of penalty area .. … . .Vokes heads over the bar

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 04:38 PM
At Last another forward on with 10 mins left, Barnes replacing McNeil

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 04:40 PM
Surely we need someone to create for the forwards, but Vydra still sitting on the bench.

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 04:41 PM
Watford 2 Spurs 1

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 04:42 PM
Vyd on for Wood, he's going to do a lot in 7 minutes FFS !

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 04:45 PM
Mee booked ?

bfcjon
02-09-2018, 04:45 PM
Watford 0 Spurs 1, own goal/
Play like this,.....And we are doomed,....Not sure Championship football could take us for real!!!

Shambolic, No Idea,. , Woefull, inept spring to mind,...

And we have to endure this for How Long????

Well Our Board ,...Bless Em,.. Have Given Dyche nothing to work with, And come what may , He has brought in nobody....

****!nell ,......

Really pissed off with our board,....

Sorry but the Buck Stops with them....

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 04:50 PM
Vokes header saved and Vyd heads over the bar

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 04:53 PM
United looked comfortable with their win, we was uncomfortable to watch as we have been in all our games this season.

BFC 0 Man Utd 2

I make you right, the blame is at the foot of the Board.

ClaretinBudapest
02-09-2018, 04:54 PM
If that is our identity back then we are in deep trouble.Could not get the upper hand against 10 men FFS.

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 04:59 PM
If that is our identity back then we are in deep trouble.Could not get the upper hand against 10 men FFS.

Don't worry CIB, our Sean will find something in that game that is a positive, at least he's a good talker XD

CarrotFingers
02-09-2018, 05:05 PM

Stop being so negative. I thought we were excellent and showed spirit. United are light years ahead of us - that goes without saying - but Sean will turn this around, and we'll get our identity back. Vydra is going to bag a sh*tload for us. Been really impressed with his cameo appearances, and I think everything will be fine. There should be at least three teams worse than us in the Premier League.

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 05:10 PM
There should be at least three teams worse than us in the Premier League.

Not at the moment fingers.

bfcjon
02-09-2018, 05:16 PM
Stop being so negative. I thought we were excellent and showed spirit. United are light years ahead of us - that goes without saying - but Sean will turn this around, and we'll get our identity back. Vydra is going to bag a sh*tload for us. Been really impressed with his cameo appearances, and I think everything will be fine. There should be at least three teams worse than us in the Premier League.

Err trying to find one,...No we are SH!T,.... And cannot see any improvement, watching us is like watching paint dry,...!!
We Are Clueless.

CarrotFingers
02-09-2018, 05:20 PM
Not at the moment fingers.

I reckon Huddersfield are in tatters. Bournemouth will plummet and we play them at home soon. Warnock is a spent force these days, so can see them dropping. Ginger Mourinho will sort us.

Altobelli
02-09-2018, 05:25 PM
Wish I had your confidence fingers, but I don't :(

ClaretinBudapest
02-09-2018, 05:43 PM

Plenty of teams have been relegated who had spirit Fingers.Spirit is not enough in this league.Name the 3 teams please.

Deadlydave
02-09-2018, 05:47 PM
We look like relegation fooder and we are playing like it now. Gone is the tight defence and the ability to nick a goal at a crucial time. Given manager NO midfield recruits and they already knew Brady & Defour were out for Lord Knows how long and now we've no Iceman either. Summer recruitment fiasco is fast becoming apparent no matter what anyone says; were in a relegation fight i am afraid and be lucky to survive at this rate.

bfcjon
02-09-2018, 05:47 PM
[QUOTE=CarrotFingers;39004165]I reckon Huddersfield are in tatters. Bournemouth will plummet and we play them at home soon. Warnock is a spent force these days, so can see them dropping. Ginger Mourinho will sort us.[/QUOTEAlways ]

Come On,....Its there to see,...The Chairman have done their usual Gob ****e,....But Come up with Square Route of Feck All....to Progress ....

There lies our Problem....

Useless
Inept
Out of there comfort zone
Unwiling to take on players , from another continent ....

And Sure , That they will take a Huge Share of Pre blame,...But Garlick, Always has a new car ..

Really Wish he went.

Anywhere.

Balanbam00
02-09-2018, 06:15 PM
You may say the fault is with the board , ok . But Lukaka's 2nd goal there were no burnley players in 3 yards of him! He was in the clear. That is poor defending,even schoolboys can defend better

army88
02-09-2018, 06:22 PM
Bala bam,
That was our tact the whole game, no one went with runners either midfield or defence and I got to thinking why is that and then I thought oh yes it’s because when we train we don’t have anyone who runs in behind so no need to know about it.
That was 4-1/2 hours of my life I won’t be getting back ( inc travel ) , we waved the white flag when ref blew the whistle and got progressively worse from then on.
I can stomach losing but not like that ——- we are in deep trouble

Norder
02-09-2018, 06:53 PM

oh dear....it didn't happen - and from what I can tell, we were extremely lucky it was only the 2 - also, being both goals came in the first half - why wait until the last 10mins of the game to bring on Barnes and Vydra ?

....Lukaka's 2nd goal there were no burnley players in 3 yards of him! He was in the clear. That is poor defending,even schoolboys can defend better

what were they thinking ?...... :s

https://s15.postimg.cc/vtg1kubbv/Burnleyv_M.U_Ndr.png

>:(

sinkov
02-09-2018, 06:59 PM
There should be at least three teams worse than us in the Premier League.

Yes I agree, it's possible, but it's only the 2nd of September and that's our only hope already. Jesus wept, what a right fecking mess the Board have made of this summer. We deserve to be relegated, if we can't compete financially at this level, let's stop this pretence that we're a PL club, and get back down to where we really belong.

lancaster100
02-09-2018, 07:12 PM
Well my expectations were not high so not as disappointed as some. Expected Man U to start fast and aggressive and that is what they did. My main criticism would be our lack of ambition only playing one up top. Apart from the lack of influence from fluffer Lennon I thought we played OK, seemed a better balance but still lacking the intensity to close down often enough. I would say Ben Mee played a little better but his lack of pace was exposed so may be time for either Gibson or Long. Thought Bardsley was very good and showed his experience and this could also be said of Charlie. Lennon as can be gathered is one of the poorest players we have had in recent years. Just about anyone could do a better job than Lennon. I am not to worried yet as I did see some shoots of shoots today but SD must address the Lennon love child.

The Bedlington Terrier
02-09-2018, 08:15 PM
I have only just got home after enjoying a nice dinner with some friends up at the Agra and have not had the benefit of replays just yet.

First goal looked offside and the second was fortunate to say the least.

Everyone knows how optimistic I am about the Clarets, but with a bad start, injuries to key players (Defour, Brady and Gudmundsson all missing in action today) and a very poor transfer window, on today's showing I think relegation looks nailed on. :blue:

army88
02-09-2018, 08:37 PM
We can’t defend Bt people just ghost into areas and we don’t go with them.
I accept they have very good players but we are yards of the pace of the game it was a mere training session for them while we were devoid of confidence and persist in playing the same ball over and over again ——- Hendrick who Dyche says is learning on the job to play the hole man can’t do it and I’m no pessimist but learn on the job in the best league in the world I don’t think so.
Something happend and I don’t know what it was apart from all our creativity is sidelined at the minute.
We simply are not big enough to compete physically in this league as it goes at the minute.

We offered them too much respect it’s embarrassing—— I mean Lukaku is a great player I know but we just let him do what he wanted - what happend to giving him a good kick now and then see what he’s made of ?
If there is a prize for being the nicest football team in all the land we’ll definitely win that,
As for football games no hope at all I’m afraid not without big time players anyway.

We need to address this quickly imo or relegation looms.

ClaretofOz
03-09-2018, 06:04 AM
Would another 24 points in 34 games see us through? That's seriously how I am looking at things right now. If I estimate a W-D-L of 6-8-20 without even looking at the fixture, that's 26 points + 1 in the bank = 27. Do we have 14 no-loss games in us?

Claret_Matelot
03-09-2018, 09:25 AM
I watched it via a stream from NBC and the commentators summed it up with remarks like; "This is most un-Burnley Like", "They look very leggy", "No pressing", "Showing Man Utd a lot of respect".

Ben Mee needs to take a gook look at himself as he could have stopped both goals or at least put a serious challenge in. When he did get skinned by Lukaku he was lucky to remain on the pitch after a 'last man' challenge.

It annoys me when players turn away from a shot/cross rather than getting their bodies in the way as Bardsley did for the Sanchez cross to Lukaku. If he had stood tall instead of twisting out of the way the cross could have been stopped.

What has happened to out well drilled defence, the envy of the Premiership?

CarrotFingers
03-09-2018, 11:47 AM
We deserve to be relegated, if we can't compete financially at this level, let's stop this pretence that we're a PL club, and get back down to where we really belong.

We're barely into the season, and there's time for other teams to falter and for us to turn it around. Let's see the state of play after 10 games. We'll regroup during the international break.

Supersub6
03-09-2018, 11:57 AM
The defenders in the picture had gone to block the shot from Lingard and Taylor (I think) actually blocked the shot and it was on its way out of the area but hit Westwood's head and dropped to Lukaku who just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Mee had dropped near the line to provide a block to Hart's right and if Lingard's shot had not been blocked by Taylor it would probably have been saved by Hart. It was just one of those bits of fortune which happen.
We were struggling yesterday but this goal, coming when it did, turned out to be a killer blow and it certainly had its fair share of luck.

Claret_Matelot
03-09-2018, 01:42 PM
What would the defenders have done if Lingaard had squared the ball to his left? Probably same result.

Supersub6
03-09-2018, 01:55 PM
What would the defenders have done if Lingaard had squared the ball to his left? Probably same result.

He didn't --he shot and they had the luck with the rebound.
What would have happened if the ball had not hit Taylor --but it did ---it may well have been going wide.
It doesn't really matter about what if ----what happened, happened --they scored.

Norder
03-09-2018, 02:01 PM
The defenders in the picture had gone to block the shot from Lingard and Taylor (I think) actually blocked the shot and it was on its way out of the area but hit Westwood's head and dropped to Lukaku who just happened to be in the right place at the right time.....

yes - Lukaku was in the right place....because Westwood left him unmarked - if he had stuck to him,then the block and deflection would have likely fell to Bardsley - but instead - it came off Westwoods and went to the man "he" should have been marking...and no idea why Lennon thought to make a dart toward Lingard - weren't there enough men there already ?

https://media.giphy.com/media/w7w4QlmOgT5Uj6erL4/giphy.gif

imho....bad defending.

;D

Supersub6
03-09-2018, 02:35 PM
They went to block the shot, in fact, that is exactly how we were defending last season. All angles for the shot have been covered with the positioning of the players trying to close Lingard down, they got a lucky deflection --it sometimes happens.

Norder
03-09-2018, 03:00 PM

.....if that suits you - Sub XD

but for myself - was a fail....with a twofold Westwood Super Fail.