PDA

View Full Version : Csaba gone

PortugueseFrank
30-09-2018, 02:01 PM
Official

Logie_Arab
30-09-2018, 02:06 PM
https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/5795/Csaba-Laszlo-Leaves-Dundee-United.html

Pissedoffshed
30-09-2018, 02:12 PM
He had to after Saturday

PT_Arab
30-09-2018, 02:12 PM
Wow! I came on at the right time then!

Can't say I'm sorry to hear this.

Given that the team knew that a win could put them top of the league and it's a home game, they should have been well up for it. To come away with a 5-1 doing is simply unacceptable. Also take in to account that Ross County lost a player to injury after only 7 minutes.

LSArab
30-09-2018, 02:13 PM
Ellis in interim charge which seems wise choice. Let him do next match or two and work getting the right man

bannon_ftd_83
30-09-2018, 02:17 PM
Thank ****

mazin1972
30-09-2018, 02:17 PM
Thank ****kkkk the Muppet has gone

mazin1972
30-09-2018, 02:19 PM
Happy days the clown has gone just coukd not believe Frank and ttt were wanting to keep him

G Unit
30-09-2018, 02:22 PM
Hope you are holding it together on a sad day for you and TTT. the rest of us are delighted. Got to get the next appointment right

shedka
30-09-2018, 02:23 PM
Pure relief.

The worst manager in our history (imo), certainly the worst in the last 60 years.

LSArab
30-09-2018, 02:25 PM
Pure relief.

The worst manager in our history (imo), certainly the worst in the last 60 years.

Mixu and Brewster run it close but csaba probably the worst

shedka
30-09-2018, 02:28 PM
They were in the top flight, no contest though, Brewster did a lot of good things that benefitted us during the Levein years, Mixu was horrific but won some games in the top flight and got us to a Hampden semi final losing only on pens to hibs, Csaba out on his own by a country mile

TerryTheTerror
30-09-2018, 02:29 PM
It's good news in that perhaps the support can reunite now. Questions now need asked of the board though, we are in a nightmare of a position as a club right now.

Charlie arab
30-09-2018, 02:29 PM
Thank ****! Nae need for the constant digs at Frank and TTT over the last 24 hours though.

mazin1972
30-09-2018, 02:30 PM
It is beautiful Sunday now that he gone

Arabdad
30-09-2018, 02:30 PM
Delighted he's gone. Make no mistake though that Ellis and the eventual new manager have got their work cut out.

shedka
30-09-2018, 02:33 PM
It's good news in that perhaps the support can reunite now. Questions now need asked of the board though, we are in a nightmare of a position as a club right now.

The questions are asked, why they thought it was a good idea to make all these changes but not the most important one, after livi playoff, his time was truly up yet they stuck with it when we had a chance to make a fresh start

LSArab
30-09-2018, 02:42 PM
The questions are asked, why they thought it was a good idea to make all these changes but not the most important one, after livi playoff, his time was truly up yet they stuck with it when we had a chance to make a fresh start

Agreed. Could see csaba had lost it from about ICT away. Livi play off debacle should have been final straw

No point in looking back though.

We have a decent squad and a great chance of going up this season.

NO ST

NO CSABA.

Let’s hope for a bright tangerine future!

Sutherland Arab
30-09-2018, 02:44 PM

Agree TTT all I want is the fans getting behind a team that puts in an honest shift for the jersey, led by a manager who is coherent and commands respect. No more blaming, gimmicks or the other circus that goes with DUFC these days.

Eamons_lost_wig_04
30-09-2018, 02:46 PM

time for recriminations has to stop now!

great point TTT and exactly what I was thinking....can we trust THIS board to find the best man for UTD??

HAVE MY DOUBTS!!!!

Is the legend that is wee Jum still an option??

if only!

TangerineDream
30-09-2018, 02:54 PM
Great news. Thank phuk. Worst manager in my long career following United.

Now we can kick on, good luck to Ellis and the players. We now have a chance.

deebuster
30-09-2018, 02:59 PM

We could have got rid at end of last season without financial implication. For that disgraceful decision the board should pay from their own pockets.

Whitfieldarab
30-09-2018, 03:11 PM
We could have got rid at end of last season without financial implication. For that disgraceful decision the board should pay from their own pockets.

Termination mutually agreed so might not cost us anything.

You're correct in that he should have been punted at the end of last season though. The new manager will be shaking his head at some of his signings.

Did I mention Curran was on a 3 yr deal��.

Shudder.

Noddydog
30-09-2018, 03:17 PM
Agree TTT all I want is the fans getting behind a team that puts in an honest shift for the jersey, led by a manager who is coherent and commands respect. No more blaming, gimmicks or the other circus that goes with DUFC these days.

Agreed - and fans do need to unite around team now and give them support. It is noticeable that United's record away recently was better than at home and that may have something to do with the pressure and atmosphere at Tannadice and that possibly goes back beyond Csaba's time in charge (e.g. thread on John Soutter).

I think we have a group of decent players given the opportunity to develop into a team, so hopefully we can unite around them and give them positive support to maximise the chance of us getting up.

shedka
30-09-2018, 03:34 PM
Well it doesn't as our home record was just dandy under McKinnon across, 35 games, as it should be at this level, just the away form let us down, under Csaba our form was poor all round in general

The fans will get on side, let's hope the board make the right choice

Arab 8010
30-09-2018, 03:34 PM
Ellis has been assistant to 2 terrible managers, he should be binned too imo

ClashCityRocker
30-09-2018, 03:35 PM
Questions need to be asked why the board kept Csaba on after last season's failure - Csaba was given a budget to sign new players, offering some 2 year contracts and with weeks of the new season starting United are knocked out of the Scottish League cup and struggling in the league ( only Falkirk and Dunfermline have conceded more league goals ).

The player's Csaba signed have now cost him his job ........

The board are out of their depth, they lack the skill, experience and knowledge to deal with this shambles - in short, the board are out of their league and need help from someone with inside knowledge of the game.

There should be no shortage of candidates for this job - it's a great opportunity for a manager to make a name for himself, but the board need external help as they are out of their depth dealing with this.

shedka
30-09-2018, 03:36 PM
Yes OK as a caretaker but he must have seen how awful things were under Csaba compared with Ray

Let's move on and get the right man in

Noddydog
30-09-2018, 03:42 PM
Well it doesn't as our home record was just dandy under McKinnon across, 35 games, as it should be at this level, just the away form let us down, under Csaba our form was poor all round in general

The fans will get on side, let's hope the board make the right choice

I was talking about the atmosphere not the record going back longer than Csaba.

Dave63
30-09-2018, 03:46 PM
Yes OK as a caretaker but he must have seen how awful things were under Csaba compared with Ray

Let's move on and get the right man in

Why people on here getting into frank and ttt they have said what they think as everybody here does. Now he's gone we need to get right man in to push for promotion

deebuster
30-09-2018, 04:01 PM
Why people on here getting into frank and ttt they have said what they think as everybody here does. Now he's gone we need to get right man in to push for promotion

We are all passionate, and things can get heated. We now have a chance to maybe........put this omnishambles behind us, and actually look forward to going to games once more!!

Arabknight
30-09-2018, 04:02 PM
He’s gone. Time for fans to unite. Hope no knee jerk reaction board now and they take time to get right man in.

swanny14
30-09-2018, 04:30 PM
Totally agree. But they they took ages last time and still made an arse of it. They should know exactly who they want right now.

Jeztheshed
30-09-2018, 05:07 PM
Although I have often disagreed with Frank and ttt it is healthy to have different points of view and this forum would be boring if people didn't get under each others skin from time to time. Totally agree we need to unite now and create an atmosphere at Tannadice that lifts the team.

Eamons_lost_wig_04
30-09-2018, 05:11 PM
Totally agree. But they they took ages last time and still made an arse of it. They should know exactly who they want right now.

I wouldn't hold your breath with our board!

PortugueseFrank
30-09-2018, 05:17 PM
Although I have often disagreed with Frank and ttt it is healthy to have different points of view and this forum would be boring if people didn't get under each others skin from time to time. Totally agree we need to unite now and create an atmosphere at Tannadice that lifts the team.

Healthy debate is what it is all about.

But if your argument descends to "you're a clown" or "youre an enemy of Dundee United" then that's not debate. That renders the whole point of a discussion board pointless.

I actually can't see a new manager uniting the support unless they are one almighty success. There are always going to be schisms and tribalism in the support.

They were still living large in charge for some during McNamara's best spell. Winning goes a long way but some divisions are beyond repair.