PDA

View Full Version : Boaz myhil

boingy
25-10-2018, 12:34 PM
Lots of complaints about our keeper so can anyone tell me what's wrong with or ever has been with Boaz? Why isn't he our main keeper?

saltnshake
25-10-2018, 12:49 PM
What's Johnstone done wrong had it not been for him in the last 2 games we would have been beaten by more goals, if anybody thinks Myhill is the answer to our problems then we are in trouble.

boingy
25-10-2018, 03:33 PM
Twitter apparently. So when has Boaz ever not been good enough? I find this weird.

baggieal
25-10-2018, 03:50 PM
What's Johnstone done wrong had it not been for him in the last 2 games we would have been beaten by more goals, if anybody thinks Myhill is the answer to our problems then we are in trouble.

He's average for the league but poor compared to Ben Foster. I will go one further and say Foster ( even though a Judas ) is in another league ( excuse the pun ). Whilst Johnstone has made some decent saves, he's also been flat footed on a number of occasions, nervous and with poor distribution. They say the ones in front of a keeper have more confidence if their keeper is 100% and some truth in that!

Leicesterbaggie
25-10-2018, 04:04 PM
I really don't think that our major problems at the back are anything to do with Johnstone. He's not a Ben Foster but he's a half decent 'keeper.

baggieal
25-10-2018, 04:08 PM
I really don't think that our major problems at the back are anything to do with Johnstone. He's not a Ben Foster but he's a half decent 'keeper.

Like I said Johnstone is average and made some decent saves. That said, he's no where near the standard of Ben Foster and whilst the defense playing badly ( or shambolic ) is not down to Johnstone, it won't help that he looks nervous on free kicks/when the ball is crossed in!

Johnny on the spot 1
26-10-2018, 07:50 AM
Like I said Johnstone is average and made some decent saves. That said, he's no where near the standard of Ben Foster and whilst the defense playing badly ( or shambolic ) is not down to Johnstone, it won't help that he looks nervous on free kicks/when the ball is crossed in!

He's nervous Al because of the clowns in front of him , & it don't help when j rog tried to pass the ball to him from the half way line on wedensday nite the idiot ,

boingy
27-10-2018, 09:17 AM
I agree that we have replaced a damn good keeper with an average one. Johnstone looks like he will take years to be good enough. Changing from a back four to a back three has been a joke. Bartley. Dear me why have we even got him at this club? nervous as hell and ALWAYS barks at the other players to shift the blame. That doesn't help at all.

Whicka_Mon
27-10-2018, 10:10 AM
Myhill
Has no ambition. Happy to sit there on his backside picking up a wage. No desire whatsoever to play football. Why we resigned him I haven't a clue. I'd take a young, unproven, ambitious kid everyone over this waster. Someone who would knock at the door and at least challenge for a first team place.
One of the Taxi 4 should have been sacked.

Johnstone
Every goalie has howlers. Johnstone has played a dozen or so games for us. Everyone forgets the penalty saves against Blues and Norwich. I can't remember him costing us points
The clown Derby had in goal the other night cost us tens of points.
Too early to judge.