PDA

View Full Version : Billy McKay

jjaflup22
27-10-2018, 11:54 PM
Another hat-trick, what the actual f*ck?!?

Arabs4ever
28-10-2018, 10:08 AM
He was woeful when with us. He never dinked the ball over the keeper. It was always at the keeper, ffs. The best goal I've seen by a guy called McKay was the one where Tommy scored. Thats how you beat the keeper, leave him with no chance whatsoever.

Mr_Brightside
28-10-2018, 11:00 AM
He was woeful when with us. He never dinked the ball over the keeper. It was always at the keeper, ffs. The best goal I've seen by a guy called McKay was the one where Tommy scored. Thats how you beat the keeper, leave him with no chance whatsoever.

It was the semi final vs hibs that season. He could of had a hatrick but missed 3 one on ones with the fattest goalkeeper I have ever seen!

LSArab
28-10-2018, 01:23 PM
It was the semi final vs hibs that season. He could of had a hatrick but missed 3 one on ones with the fattest goalkeeper I have ever seen!

Ha ha Conrad Logan- he lost us that semi despite having the physique of a pub team amateur 🍻

McKay still scored a few for us in a team doing badly. Strikers do live off confidence

Chick A Saw
28-10-2018, 02:31 PM
Ha ha Conrad Logan- he lost us that semi despite having the physique of a pub team amateur 🍻

McKay still scored a few for us in a team doing badly. Strikers do live off confidence

Think the difference in the current form of Billy MacKay shows exactly what other players have been on about with lack of coaching. I think our squad and the RC squad are not that far apart on paper, but the 2 lads in charge at RC are showing what could have been achieved if the trigger had been pulled in May rather than wait a month or 3!

Shedboy1971
28-10-2018, 05:30 PM
he is a confidence player agree with LS - ffs sake forgot about that fat ******* in goal for hibs - world class performance due to our **** strikers

RogerTheAlien
28-10-2018, 06:23 PM
Mckay's a decent scorer and If he continues to get service he will get 25 goals and probably win them the league.

We need Nicky Clark or Safranko to do the same.

jjaflup22
28-10-2018, 08:02 PM
Mckay's a decent scorer and If he continues to get service he will get 25 goals and probably win them the league.

We need Nicky Clark or Safranko to do the same.

Aye, but he couldnae hit a barn door for us!

cybershed
28-10-2018, 08:29 PM
Yeah, never did it for us. However, he has shown in the past how prolific a goal scorer he can be. I think he's rediscovered the knack. Something about the environment up there suits him. Perhaps he doesn't or didn't react well when he was in a 'bigger club' environment.

But he seems to be back in form now.

Mr_Brightside
28-10-2018, 09:21 PM
Yeah, never did it for us. However, he has shown in the past how prolific a goal scorer he can be. I think he's rediscovered the knack. Something about the environment up there suits him. Perhaps he doesn't or didn't react well when he was in a 'bigger club' environment.

But he seems to be back in form now.

Maybe all the pictures of our former glory days scared him as well 😱

Shedboy1971
28-10-2018, 09:35 PM
Maybe all the pictures of our former glory days scared him as well 😱

clark has to be that guy. Sanfranko is a great player - poacher no/.

Chick A Saw
28-10-2018, 10:59 PM

I dont get why everyone thinks Clark will be the one to be up there as one of the top scorers? Curran has scored 2 goals so far and i dont think either of them was from outside the 6 yard box. Dont see Clark as that type of player and Neilson doesnt seem to like Curran.

Main thing is, we need all strikers to start contributing with more goals because our defense will not be tight enough through the season against those who will be challenging for the play offs at the end.

GUNBOAT
29-10-2018, 09:29 PM
I think its a highland thing,maybe there is no pressure up north but the number of players and manager's who are winners up there and flops in cities is incredible.John Hughes,Craig BrewsterTerry Butcher are prime example's but plenty of players never reached the heights either.

GUNBOAT
29-10-2018, 09:32 PM
Mind you a manager who got sacked in the highland's which very rarely happens is now entrusted with the task of saving the Funsters minus his right hand man. :O

LSArab
29-10-2018, 10:28 PM

I think Clark will get his chance with injuries etc but right now the first 11 is one we had on Saturday I’d guess.

Safranko has been immense. Him
winning ball back has led to a lot of our recent goals.

Maybe mcmullan plsying centrally can chip in plenty goals too.

McKay will take chances (sometimes) but one of those players where if he is not scoring he is not doing anything

shedka
30-10-2018, 07:05 PM
I think its a highland thing,maybe there is no pressure up north but the number of players and manager's who are winners up there and flops in cities is incredible.John Hughes,Craig BrewsterTerry Butcher are prime example's but plenty of players never reached the heights either.

It's exactly that for players at clubs like livi, accies, county and ict, comfort zone, wee centers, no expectations, nothing like at a club like Utd, many of them can't handle it but are happy in that environment, its the way option so they enjoy it

Takes character to perform at bigger clubs with pressure on and a decent sized fanbase that will make their feelings known

JamesMcClean
30-10-2018, 07:28 PM
It's exactly that for players at clubs like livi, accies, county and ict, comfort zone, wee centers, no expectations, nothing like at a club like Utd, many of them can't handle it but are happy in that environment, its the way option so they enjoy it

Takes character to perform at bigger clubs with pressure on and a decent sized fanbase that will make their feelings known

TBF to McKay, he joined at completely the wrong time with tbe Club falling apart and the onus and expectation firmly on him and him alone to get the goals to keep us up. It's little wonder it didnt pan out. Had he played in the team beside Ciftci, Armstrong and GMS he'd have scored a barrowload I'm pretty sure.

petermackie
30-10-2018, 07:44 PM
Aye, but he couldnae hit a barn door for us!

His best goals to games ratio is for United

shedka
30-10-2018, 07:58 PM
TBF to McKay, he joined at completely the wrong time with tbe Club falling apart and the onus and expectation firmly on him and him alone to get the goals to keep us up. It's little wonder it didnt pan out. Had he played in the team beside Ciftci, Armstrong and GMS he'd have scored a barrowload I'm pretty sure.

I'm not talking about mckay in particular, although he was pretty woeful for us for the most part, missing sitter after sitter and lots of one on one

Just a general view, those clubs are comfort zones for many players that can't hack it at places like DUFC, Aberdeen, hibs or hearts

Shedboy1971
30-10-2018, 08:01 PM
I'm not talking about mckay in particular, although he was pretty woeful for us for the most part, missing sitter after sitter and lots of one on one

Just a general view, those clubs are comfort zones for many players that can't hack it at places like DUFC, Aberdeen, hibs or hearts

Agree. With mckay it is three things 1. This is his level 2. There is no pressure 3. He has got some confidence.

Wont last