PDA

View Full Version : Our January window

HughieG
06-11-2018, 12:20 PM
What do you think it will be like?

I think we will bring in a couple of players, and I have a strange feeling that MA is willing to spend money this window. He has done it in the past depending on how the autumn season has gone.

He knows that a couple of additions would improve our chances of staying up and thus bring in the TV money. On the other hand, we know he doesn't like spending too much money on players.... Hmm.

Call me deluded if you like, but I'm going for a loanee and two cheap buys.

Sclox
06-11-2018, 07:57 PM
A couple of loans at best. Lascelles out with maybe another.

Any request for replacements will be met with Blakey from On The Buses facial expressions from Charnley/Ashley.

Kingstonbob1
06-11-2018, 08:24 PM
One of the back up keepers will be sold for £4/5m, we’ll bring in loan cover at left back, Lazaar will go out on loan, Lascelles will be sold £35/38m, Hayden will go out on loan as he’s home sick or whatever , maybe a loan to cover for him going and we’ll buy a striker for £12/15m so making a £25/28m profit.

Geordie1974
06-11-2018, 09:14 PM
I dont think we will sign anyone.

Jammy89
06-11-2018, 09:20 PM
I think we'll get 3 players and they'll be a combo of loans and transfers.

A left-back, a number 10 type player and not sure whether we'll go for another striker (despite i think us needing one).

trinitoon
07-11-2018, 12:03 AM
I can see one loan.

I reckon an actual signing will happen if we sells La-sells.

HughieG
07-11-2018, 07:56 AM
I think we'll get 3 players and they'll be a combo of loans and transfers.

A left-back, a number 10 type player and not sure whether we'll go for another striker (despite i think us needing one).

Agreed Jammy. Maybe we're being a bit optimistic, but I have a feeling that a player or two will come in.

Last January we brought in Kenedy, Dubravka and Slimani. All loanees of course. In the relegation season we brought in Townsend, Shelvey and Saivet. So there's a pattern forming.

Zippity
07-11-2018, 08:19 AM
Kenedy, Dubravka and Slimani.

Townsend, Shelvey and Saivet.

So there's a pattern forming.

Aye. Good, but will leave at the end of the season, good and will stay, and ****e. ;)

HughieG
07-11-2018, 09:44 AM
Aye. Good, but will leave at the end of the season, good and will stay, and ****e. ;)

Haha, well spotted! Thankfully we've gotten rid of the ****e though I'm sure we'll sign some more ****e in the upcoming window.

ex_pat_magpie
07-11-2018, 09:58 AM
Haha, well spotted! Thankfully we've gotten rid of the ****e though I'm sure we'll sign some more ****e in the upcoming window.

That's been the Ashley way window upon window and it's about time it changed to the manager's way so we stand a chance to progress little by little instead of the fear of a heart in the mouth relegation battle season upon season.

HughieG
07-11-2018, 11:19 AM
That's been the Ashley way window upon window and it's about time it changed to the manager's way so we stand a chance to progress little by little instead of the fear of a heart in the mouth relegation battle season upon season.

You're preaching to the choir, Pat. If only our manager, now that we have one who is actually good, was trusted to bring the club forward. It's really not asking for much.

ex_pat_magpie
07-11-2018, 04:08 PM
You're preaching to the choir, Pat. If only our manager, now that we have one who is actually good, was trusted to bring the club forward. It's really not asking for much.

Not quite Hughie as some choir members still sing out of tune, no good is achieved preaching to them.