PDA

View Full Version : OT (or not): The AH horror show at a court near you

Old_pie
08-11-2018, 07:29 PM
Well tomorrow's the day:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/notts-county-owner-alan-hardy-2075583

Anyone going? Take a driving licence along - my guess is he'll be looking for a driver for the next year.

leeh769
08-11-2018, 07:52 PM
I’m seriously beginning to dislike AH, he’s an arrogant show off.

countygump
08-11-2018, 08:42 PM

So is his manager, strangely enuff. An arrogant, loud mouthed, know all, Aussie tw@t

uysapie
08-11-2018, 09:07 PM
So is his manager, strangely enuff. An arrogant, loud mouthed, know all, Aussie tw@t

Just say what you really think!

JoePass
08-11-2018, 09:12 PM

And people wonder why we are at the bottom with supporters like you, sigh...

queenslandpie
08-11-2018, 09:41 PM

As a Passport holding Australian I'm pleased to confirm I'm not offended. I'm sure if you mentioned French or Chinese or something everyone would be up in arms. Just sayin.

Old_pie
08-11-2018, 10:15 PM

Oh it's the supporters' fault now is it? How does that work?

Edit: Anyhow AH will get about as many points as HK's got by the end of the week.

McCullochisGod
09-11-2018, 04:09 AM

We are at the bottom because of people like them

slack_pie
09-11-2018, 06:36 AM

I was thinking the same. It's one thing criticising a manager's decisions, but that kind of thing takes it to the next level. I mean whatever you think of Hardy or Kewell, both are trying their best to make this club a success. No need for the verbal abuse.

I'm surprised people still queue up for the manager's position at Notts.

countygump
09-11-2018, 08:29 AM

I do apologize, I forgot to add, 'Delusional' as well.

irishpete
09-11-2018, 09:10 AM

The bloke is full of spin.

legs77
09-11-2018, 09:18 AM
I don't know why Kewell is getting so much grief people need time to sort things out if we carry on at this rate we will have 5 managers per season.

He was doing an ok job at Crawley who lets face it aren't exactly a powerhouse in the football league !!

Good job the forums weren't around for Big Sam he wouldn't have got to manage us in league two.

Bridg4d_Pie_
09-11-2018, 09:31 AM
I don't know why Kewell is getting so much grief people need time to sort things out if we carry on at this rate we will have 5 managers per season.

He was doing an ok job at Crawley who lets face it aren't exactly a powerhouse in the football league !!

Good job the forums weren't around for Big Sam he wouldn't have got to manage us in league two.

You could at Sir Jimmy into that statement too, short memories.

Taxi for '@rry Clueless.

ncfcog
09-11-2018, 09:37 AM
You could at Sir Jimmy into that statement too, short memories.

Taxi for '@rry Clueless.

So you would have been in the 'Jimmy out!' camp then?

Bridg4d_Pie_
09-11-2018, 02:04 PM
So you would have been in the 'Jimmy out!' camp then?

Most certainly not, the comparison I was trying to offer was that in the age of message boards Sir Jimmy would have received more than his fair share of criticism, I happen to think that an experienced manager would have looked at these players and found a system that would have enabled us to have won some points and tightened the team up. Kewell is a coach and in my opinion lacks the experience and discipline to sort the problem out.

ncfcog
09-11-2018, 02:53 PM
Most certainly not, the comparison I was trying to offer was that in the age of message boards Sir Jimmy would have received more than his fair share of criticism, I happen to think that an experienced manager would have looked at these players and found a system that would have enabled us to have won some points and tightened the team up. Kewell is a coach and in my opinion lacks the experience and discipline to sort the problem out.

Understood B4P, however this season, KN 1 point in 6 games, HK 13 points in 10 games. It's not great right now, in fact Tuesday was just awful, however there is obviously some statistical sign of improvement. Also, I would argue what is Paul Hart doing? Isn't he providing the experience alongside HK the 'coach'?

nw6pie
09-11-2018, 03:11 PM
Understood B4P, however this season, KN 1 point in 6 games, HK 13 points in 10 games. It's not great right now, in fact Tuesday was just awful, however there is obviously some statistical sign of improvement. Also, I would argue what is Paul Hart doing? Isn't he providing the experience alongside HK the 'coach'?

Well, this is the same Paul Hart who oversaw two tedious 0-0s when he was caretaker manager a few years ago, including an incredibly risk-averse home performance against Coventry - so maybe he is having an impact on HK.

Old_pie
09-11-2018, 04:39 PM
When I first read this I thought it was a spoof:

https://t.co/TnGPU0RoU2

Notts County owner's driving ban for speeding

Sandish Shoker

BBC News

Owner of Notts County Alan Hardy has been banned from driving after travelling at 77mph in a 40 zone.

At Nottingham Magistrates' Court, the 54-year-old described himself as "the busiest man in the world" and claimed a driving ban would cause exceptional hardship on himself and his family.

Peter Quinn, prosecuting, said there were clearly marked 40mph signs along the A52 Clifton Boulevard where Hardy was caught speeding on 5 March this year.
PACopyright: PA

Hardy claimed it was because he drives an electric BMW which makes no noise at whatever speed he is travelling.

“It’s not like I leave a trail of destruction behind me..."

“This was a temporary lack of concentration and perhaps I need to change my car.

Magistrates banned Hardy for three months, fined him £2,430 and ordered him to pay £170 victim surcharge and £620 costs.

irishpete
09-11-2018, 04:47 PM
When I first read this I thought it was a spoof:

https://t.co/TnGPU0RoU2

That might shut the crying ****er up but ,then again maybe not.

DelroyFacey22
09-11-2018, 05:12 PM
I happen to think that an experienced manager would have looked at these players and found a system that would have enabled us to have won some points and tightened the team up.

That is exactly what Harry Kewell has done...

He stopped us conceding 3 goals a game and has 3 wins and 4 draws in 11 games. We've also only conceded more than 2 goals once in 9 games with 2 clean sheets.

What more do people want him to do honestly? We're going to have good games and bad games, we're going to win and lose games, why people think (or expect) anything differently is beyond me, this is not a squad capable of going on a long unbeaten run, smashing teams left and right.

ancientpie
09-11-2018, 05:18 PM
No dislike of AH from me but I do think that he deserved all he got. Unfortunately the roads are full of ignorant people (normally driving fast/expensive cars) who think they are above the law, there is no excuse for being this far over the limit & if you choose to do so then you must accept the consequences. If a ban is going to cause him the problems he claims then he should have been more careful & if he had been let off it would have stunk of one law for the rich etc, sorry Alan but at least you can afford a driver, unlike most, you should learn from it but something about your attitude tells me you wont.

Elite_Pie
09-11-2018, 05:59 PM
No dislike of AH from me but I do think that he deserved all he got. Unfortunately the roads are full of ignorant people (normally driving fast/expensive cars) who think they are above the law, there is no excuse for being this far over the limit & if you choose to do so then you must accept the consequences. If a ban is going to cause him the problems he claims then he should have been more careful & if he had been let off it would have stunk of one law for the rich etc, sorry Alan but at least you can afford a driver, unlike most, you should learn from it but something about your attitude tells me you wont.

Spot on. If you break the law you have to face the consequences. The fact that you see yourself as "the busiest man in the world" means absolutely nothing apart from making you look arrogant. Just serve your sentence, learn from it and keep your gob shut.

durhampie
09-11-2018, 06:02 PM
He could always get his out of work mate KN to drive him around. Oh, thats not a good idea, he would get stopped for being over the drink drive limit...

irishpete
10-11-2018, 04:25 AM
Will love his picture on the front of the redrag online. That arrogant about it,he wanted to appeal it but, got turned down.Blamed it on "lack of concentration" yet it wasn't that bad as he knew the signs were there as he was giving off that there was no actual work taking place at the time.
He'll have to get the Mrs to do some running around,like the rest of us.

Simon the Pieman
10-11-2018, 07:06 AM
Think he needs to "concentrate" on running Notts County. 77 mph in a roadworks! What an idiot. Yes increasingly dislikeable.

Bridg4d_Pie_
10-11-2018, 10:30 AM

Chauffeurs Vacancy at the Lane Kev. >;)

McCullochisGod
10-11-2018, 11:49 AM
Chauffeurs Vacancy at the Lane Kev. >;)

Give him a break 'He's the busiest man in the world'...... its all about me me me me me

SwalePie
10-11-2018, 01:12 PM
Give him a break 'He's the busiest man in the world'...... its all about me me me me me

Nice to hear you've recognised that. Not long ago you'd have been saying it was all about him him him ;)

60YearsAPie
10-11-2018, 01:29 PM
nice to hear you've recognised that. Not long ago you'd have been saying it was all about him him him ;)

:)

i961pie
10-11-2018, 01:58 PM
Nice to hear you've recognised that. Not long ago you'd have been saying it was all about him him him ;)

;D

cocopops61
10-11-2018, 07:48 PM
Has Hardy now got more points on his license than Notts have in the league?

Old_pie
10-11-2018, 09:36 PM
Has Hardy now got more points on his license than Notts have in the league?

They seem to stop counting points when you've passed 12 so you just get a ban, whereas Notts have to keep on playing.