PDA

View Full Version : O/T What to do when we have no game?

CAMiller
16-11-2018, 03:34 PM
So what do you do when we have no game on a Saturday? Easy for me, just have a couple of extra hours in bed. Anyone taking a 'Zip's Trip' to sample football elsewhere or is it the joys of Christmas shopping?

Clearly inhabiting MM is low on the agenda. It's quieter than a Trappist Monk's library on here today.

gm_gm
16-11-2018, 04:14 PM
Golf?

Pocket rocket
16-11-2018, 04:36 PM
I will be chilling out protecting my devilishly good looks 😊

rileyev.the.third
16-11-2018, 05:27 PM
I'll be visiting a few watering holes in Tarn.

Can't believe I just said that, I'll be wearing flat caps and buying a whippet next ffs!!!

gm_gm
16-11-2018, 06:55 PM
Titans at home btw

loyalmiller
16-11-2018, 07:11 PM
The last 2 international breaks we went to the theatre to see officer and a gentleman, and Miss Saigon.
Nothing on tomorrow though, might phone the Bradford Alhambra to see if there’s any tickets left for Sarah Millican.

mikemiller
16-11-2018, 07:22 PM
Plenty of non-league football matches... is Zippy off ground-hopping anywhere unusual?

Brin
16-11-2018, 07:50 PM
Been to the opening day of the Xmas market at Chatsworth. Approx 100 stalls.
£10 to park during weekdays but £15 at weekends.

Got there for 10am so relatively quiet but sure enough sound lunchtime it was getting over run so a good time to leave.

Loads of real ale stalls along with wine and gin stalls. Must think folk are all drunkards.

WanChaiMiller
17-11-2018, 04:04 AM
I'll spend my morning debating with great fire on the Brexit thread - lol.

gm_gm
17-11-2018, 09:21 AM
I'll spend my morning debating with great fire on the Brexit thread - lol.

Good grief.

frogmiller
17-11-2018, 09:26 AM
Replacing a radiator.

zip64
17-11-2018, 10:19 AM
Plenty of non-league football matches... is Zippy off ground-hopping anywhere unusual?

Nope....having a weekend of doing absolutely sod all and recharging mi batteries ready for the last mad push up to Christmas.
The rest of the weekend will consist of ligging art on settee watching old Football DVD's and whatever crap is on telly, only arising for the odd call of nature and to feed mi face.

frogmiller
17-11-2018, 10:28 AM
Nope....having a weekend of doing absolutely sod all and recharging mi batteries ready for the last mad push up to Christmas.
The rest of the weekend will consist of ligging art on settee watching old Football DVD's and whatever crap is on telly, only arising for the odd call of nature and to feed mi face.

It's all that fist pumping behind the goal at Blackburn has done you in Zip. You were spotted by Millions of Millers around the world!

crashbang
17-11-2018, 12:14 PM
Been looking at changing car.coming up to three year old.
Want a bigger one with more room for dog.
Looked at a citroen c4 grand piccasso.
Lots of room and toys .
Good value .

Lolmorgan
17-11-2018, 02:50 PM
I will be chilling out protecting my devilishly good looks �� Bloody hell Pocket thas only got 2week.

Lolmorgan
17-11-2018, 02:50 PM
i'll spend my morning debating with great fire on the brexit thread - lol.
sad b.

Lolmorgan
17-11-2018, 02:52 PM
Been skydiving at Hiblsdstow.15,000ft.

zip64
17-11-2018, 04:55 PM
Change of plan.....i travelled the huge distance of 500 yards to my local non-league teams game at 2pm.

Wombwell Town 3 Stocksbridge P.S Development 1
Sheffield County Senior League Division 2
Recreation Ground Wombwell
Attendance 100 approx
Admission free....Programme £1....John Smith's £2.50

Wombwell were reformed during the Summer and have won all 12 competitive games so far this season in Step 9 of the Non League Pyramid, scoring 50 goals and conceding just 14.
Top scorer Luke Norbury (who netted his 15th of the season this aft with the penalty shown below) is the son of former Preston, Cambridge and Donny player Micky Norbury who played just short of 100 League games for those clubs....Millers fans may remember he scored twice v us for Preston in a 5-2 defeat at Deepdale in 1993.
Wombwell's management team include 3 former Barnsley players Doug O'Connor, Karl Rose and James Dudgeon....O'Connor was heavily involved at Shaw Lane Aquaforce who folded last year.
1-0 down inside the first 15 minutes and well under the cosh, i thought i was bringing the kiss of death to Wombwell's winning run, but an equaliser on the stroke of half time changed the complexion of the game and "The Wellers" ran out comfortable 3-1 winners in the end.
Games ends at 3.50 and i'm back home at 3.55 with kettle on.....result.11136

CAMiller
17-11-2018, 05:16 PM
Change of plan.....i travelled the huge distance of 500 yards to my local non-league teams game at 2pm.

Attendance 100 approx

Wombwell were reformed during the Summer and have won all 12 competitive games so far this season in Step 9 of the Non League Pyramid, scoring 50 goals and conceding just 14.
Top scorer Luke Norbury (who netted his 15th of the season this aft with the penalty shown below) is the son of former Preston, Cambridge and Donny player Micky Norbury who played just short of 100 League games for those clubs....Millers fans may remember he scored twice v us for Preston in a 5-2 defeat at Deepdale in 1993.
Wombwell's management team include 3 former Barnsley players Doug O'Connor, Karl Rose and James Dudgeon....O'Connor was heavily involved at Shaw Lane Aquaforce who folded last year.
1-0 down inside the first 15 minutes and well under the cosh, i thought i was bringing the kiss of death to Wombwell's winning run, but an equaliser on the stroke of half time changed the complexion of the game and "The Wellers" ran out comfortable 3-1 winners in the end.

Thanks Zip. Good to see you got a bit of exercise in. No food photos though?

I'm currently 'ligging art on the settee' trying to watch Turkey v Sweden but they are showing an ESPN internet feed over broadcast TV and the jerkiness of the picture is making me feel sea sick. Better get up and do those gardening jobs Mrs CA has lined up for me.

mikemiller
17-11-2018, 05:45 PM
Good stuff, Zippy. I didn't realise that Wombwell had a team in the "pyramid". Sounds like they are making good progress. Future pre-season friendly fixture for Millers Reserves?

great_fire
17-11-2018, 09:37 PM
Is this a different team to Wombwell Main FC?

EDIT: Yes it is, they're in the division above.

animallittle3
17-11-2018, 11:45 PM

Attendance 100 approx

James is a mate of mine and I know Karl reasonably well , glad you enjoyed it .

Karl is very passionate to say the least and won't stand any nonsense , James drinks a lot of lager and our lass knows more about football than that half wit , sorry James but you are a deluded Geordie when all is said and done .

:-) :-)