PDA

View Full Version : Update from Alan: Decision Made

SwalePie
22-11-2018, 10:17 AM
From the OS...

Notts County owner and chairman Alan Hardy has provided a further update on his efforts to appoint a new manager.
I am pleased to say we have now entered final negotiations with our preferred manager and expect to conclude a deal before the weekend.
It’s been a rigorous week of interviews but our chosen candidate has emerged as a clear front-runner.
He is tremendously excited about the challenge ahead and we are now completing the formalities of his appointment. As soon as the deal is done, we will make an announcement.
Steve Chettle will take charge of Saturday’s match at Morecambe and I would encourage all supporters to get behind him and the players.
Thank you for your patience and support.
Alan

countygump
22-11-2018, 10:34 AM
From the OS...

Notts County owner and chairman Alan Hardy has provided a further update on his efforts to appoint a new manager.
I am pleased to say we have now entered final negotiations with our preferred manager and expect to conclude a deal before the weekend.
It’s been a rigorous week of interviews but our chosen candidate has emerged as a clear front-runner.
He is tremendously excited about the challenge ahead and we are now completing the formalities of his appointment. As soon as the deal is done, we will make an announcement.
Steve Chettle will take charge of Saturday’s match at Morecambe and I would encourage all supporters to get behind him and the players.
Alan

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/sport-opinion/not-appointing-paul-hurst-would-2246246

McCullochisGod
22-11-2018, 04:51 PM
[QUOTE=countygump;39069261]https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/sport-opinion/not-appointing-paul-hurst-would-2246246[/QUOTE

More Bull I'm afraid. Didn't he say the new manager would be in place by the weekend last week. Another defeat with Chettle in charge and the new manager has got a hell of a challenge on his hands to pull back a 10 point reverse. Get in the real world AH it's about time.

Jeekay56
22-11-2018, 05:28 PM
Didn't he say the new manager would be in place by the weekend last week.

He did say that, but anyone with a modicum of commonsense would have taken that as a throwaway comment made in the wake of sacking Kewell. Last Wednesday in reply to a question on Twitter, Mr Hardy said he hoped to appoint a new manager within seven days, adding "but don't hold me to it". I really don't see what the problem is. He never made a firm promise to appoint someone within a given timescale.

Chicken Balti Pie
22-11-2018, 05:33 PM
He did say that, but anyone with a modicum of commonsense would have taken that as a throwaway comment made in the wake of sacking Kewell. Last Wednesday in reply to a question on Twitter, Mr Hardy said he hoped to appoint a new manager within seven days, adding "but don't hold me to it". I really don't see what the problem is. He never made a firm promise to appoint someone within a given timescale.

MiG took that, translated it into Swahili, then into Urdu and back in English and give or take all the letters got "I'm legally obliged to have appointed a manager by before Cheltenham"... You know what MiG is like, he's a bit special

countygump
22-11-2018, 06:04 PM
https://twitter.com/BBCRNS/status/1065650808044298240

i961pie
22-11-2018, 06:19 PM

Don't forget he has got a serious agenda against AH, and never stops having a go at every opportunity.
A bit like a woman scorned.

irish_pie
22-11-2018, 06:42 PM
From the OS...

Alan

Chettle is charge the weekend.... prob play Fitz up front and Stead in goal so...

countygump
22-11-2018, 08:38 PM
Chettle is charge the weekend.... prob play Fitz up front and Stead in goal so...

Looks like our missing front 2 may well be fit for this one. No Alles tho.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/notts-county-handed-double-striker-2249191

Woodsetts_Pie
22-11-2018, 08:44 PM
MiG took that, translated it into Swahili, then into Urdu and back in English and give or take all the letters got "I'm legally obliged to have appointed a manager by before Cheltenham"... You know what MiG is like, he's a bit special

Special needs....

PedroTheFisherman66
22-11-2018, 09:43 PM
More Bull I'm afraid. Didn't he say the new manager would be in place by the weekend last week. Another defeat with Chettle in charge and the new manager has got a hell of a challenge on his hands to pull back a 10 point reverse. Get in the real world AH it's about time.

Oh dear MIG ,
you really are showing your true colours this time!
when AH stated he would have a manager in place by last week I think we all knew this was overly optimistic.
Not only was it optimistic but rushing the job was also not the smartest move , to hire in haste could have been catastrophic.!
Taking his time was the right decision for the long term future of the club , but here you are using this situation as a club to beat AH around the head with...!!
instead of seeing the positive side of the delay you go for the juggler !!! !! (or even jugular)!
Are you sure you haven't got a grudge against the club and the man himself!?

magpie_mania
22-11-2018, 09:55 PM
[QUOTE=McCullochisGod;39069512]

Oh dear MIG ,
you really are showing your true colours this time!
when AH stated he would have a manager in place by last week I think we all knew this was overly optimistic.
Not only was it optimistic but rushing the job was also not the smartest move , to hire in haste could have been catastrophic.!
Taking his time was the right decision for the long term future of the club , but here you are using this situation as a club to beat AH around the head with...!!
instead of seeing the positive side of the delay you go for the juggler !!! !! (or even jugular)!
Are you sure you haven't got a grudge against the club and the man himself!?

Of course he hasn't. What was the phrase? 'not bitter just questioning competence '. Yeah right! Every single post of MiG's is a personal dig.

kill_the_drum
22-11-2018, 10:01 PM
[QUOTE=countygump;39069261]https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/sport-opinion/not-appointing-paul-hurst-would-2246246[/QUOTE

Are you as annoying in real life as you are on the internet?

McCullochisGod
23-11-2018, 03:04 AM

The problem is he is full of throw away comments and never learns to keep his gob shut

kill_the_drum
23-11-2018, 05:53 AM
the problem is he is full of throw away comments and never learns to keep his gob shut

pot.kettle.black

Carlton_Pie
23-11-2018, 06:08 AM
The problem is he is full of throw away comments and never learns to keep his gob shut

That has made me smile!