PDA

View Full Version : Sol Campbell

cjpieman
27-11-2018, 09:53 PM
You just know he’s going to be brilliant at Macclesfield 🙈🙈🙈🙈

irish_pie
27-11-2018, 10:22 PM
To be honest dude he might well be and Mac might find themselves in with a chance pretty soon.... but the thing is we can't just keep hoping other teams will fail so we get out of trouble, this bunch are gonna have to pull their socks up and start dragging us out of trouble on their own... I'm not holding my breath on that one.

cher1
27-11-2018, 11:54 PM
You just know he’s going to be brilliant at Macclesfield ��������

He saw through the MUNTO debacle in a few weeks, much quicker than most other players, and supporters didnt he. I dont get why there is so much negativity about him becoming a manager on that other thread tbh. It is odd when you look at the percentage of black players and then the percentage of black managers. Why is that?

Mind you I would like to finish by saying he was utterly crap at Morecambe that day! That 'performance' will live long in the memory.

SwalePie
28-11-2018, 12:06 AM
That 'performance' will live long in the memory.

Well the good thing is that due to it's duration it won't use up very much memory :)

queenslandpie
28-11-2018, 12:12 AM
Well the good thing is that due to it's duration it won't use up very much memory :)

If ever there was a comedy appointment its this one. it is bound to fail. Sol Campbell has no morals just look at the way he treated Spurs and Notts and all this crap in the media about how he would be captain for longer for England if he was white. Yawn. The reason you werent captain is we had great captains when you played for England Shearer and Gerrard - ones who were men of their word and had backbone ( I am ignoring John terry)

MancMagpie
28-11-2018, 01:46 AM
If ever there was a comedy appointment its this one. it is bound to fail. Sol Campbell has no morals just look at the way he treated Spurs and Notts and all this crap in the media about how he would be captain for longer for England if he was white. Yawn. The reason you werent captain is we had great captains when you played for England Shearer and Gerrard - ones who were men of their word and had backbone ( I am ignoring John terry)

OOf, little bit near the knuckle there....(I'm referring to the "yawn" bit).....

McCullochisGod
28-11-2018, 05:33 AM
He saw through the MUNTO debacle in a few weeks, much quicker than most other players, and supporters didnt he. I dont get why there is so much negativity about him becoming a manager on that other thread tbh. It is odd when you look at the percentage of black players and then the percentage of black managers. Why is that?

Mind you I would like to finish by saying he was utterly crap at Morecambe that day! That 'performance' will live long in the memory.

It doesn't matter if you are Black or White in management, it only matters if you are any good.

McCullochisGod
28-11-2018, 05:34 AM
It doesn't matter if you are Black or White in management, it only matters if you are any good.

I will add Kiwomya to that and there's your answer.

i961pie
28-11-2018, 06:12 AM

I think it is more of how Notts treated him, he was told a load of bullsh-t saw through it and left, what is the problem with that?
And with the Spurs thing it was only because he moved to local rivals that the fans hated him, it was a great move for him and his career.

McCullochisGod
28-11-2018, 06:26 AM
I think it is more of how Notts treated him, he was told a load of bullsh-t saw through it and left, what is the problem with that?
And with the Spurs thing it was only because he moved to local rivals that the fans hated him, it was a great move for him and his career.

100k a week probably softened the abuse he took.

i961pie
28-11-2018, 06:29 AM
100k a week probably softened the abuse he took.

And what is the problem with leaving a job for more money? I bet many Spurs fans have done the same.
If it was any team but Arsenal they wouldn't have bothered.

irishpete
28-11-2018, 07:46 AM
I see he has already mentioned the trump card about being "Black" & how it has hindered him getting jobs.Wait til he is sacked

nay123
28-11-2018, 08:54 AM
Could be that massive 🍟 on is shoulder Mr inch was the same if you are good enough you will get a job. Inch is the size by the way.

irishpete
28-11-2018, 09:02 AM
Could be that massive �� on is shoulder Mr inch was the same if you are good enough you will get a job. Inch is the size by the way.

He mentioned it as well yesterday, on SKY.

Bohinen
28-11-2018, 09:11 AM
I am surprised anyone can't see why Sol Campbell's appointment would be met with some scepticism. He's a ridiculous self-styled stately home owner who sees himself as the next Tory London mayor (the Tories themselves don't). He has shown no aptitude for coaching and he thinks he's entitled to a job because a) he's famous, b) he's an ex-player and c) he is black. He will have nothing in common with the League Two players he manages.

Ian Wright is black too, but none of the above applies to him. I think he could have been a manager, but I guess he makes a good living as a pundit.

Pieeyedandlegless
28-11-2018, 09:17 AM
You just know he’s going to be brilliant at Macclesfield ��������

Not a bad start though eh!

DelroyFacey22
28-11-2018, 09:21 AM
It is odd when you look at the percentage of black players and then the percentage of black managers. Why is that?

Because those back players that there's a lot of now are still playing or haven't gone into management yet. It's a gradual thing and there will be more come into management over time in my opinion, the older generations of managers that are in the game now played when black players were in a minority so it's not surprising that from a smaller pool of players there isn't that many that have made it into management.

Slightly related, has any team had more black managers than we have? Ince, Kiwomya, Curle and Moniz (although he's technically more asian than black I think with Surinamese and Indonesian parents). I suppose when you go through as many managers as we do it's not much to brag about equality wise.