PDA

View Full Version : Predictions v Ayr

Brian_Welsh_is_magic
29-11-2018, 12:31 PM
4-0. Safranko, King, Aird (pen) and Fyvie (30 yard screamer).
Top of the league 🍺

shedka
29-11-2018, 01:23 PM
Ayr have a very good defensive record and are a threat up front

I'm optimistic about the rest of the season and everything under Neilson going forward but it won't be all plain sailing and there will be bumps along the way, think our winning run will come to an end

United 1-1 Ayr Utd - Stanton, Shankland

Jim_Jam
29-11-2018, 04:58 PM
2-1 us

Dave63
29-11-2018, 06:38 PM
3-0 United Safranko 2 and Aird

Shedboy1971
29-11-2018, 07:10 PM
5-1

Whitfieldarab
29-11-2018, 07:25 PM
3-0

The 2 away games after this v Morton & ICT will be more difficult imo.

spikeontheright
30-11-2018, 01:20 PM
Bang at it.

Flying in training.

Someone's gonna take a hiding.

6-0 The Terrors of Tannadice!

MagicMugs
30-11-2018, 03:09 PM
Heart says win, brain says score draw

Arabknight
30-11-2018, 03:40 PM
3-0 Utd. Due a good win at tanny.

Starve service to shanklands and maintain pressing high tempo game, and jobs a good ain.

Brian_Welsh_is_magic
30-11-2018, 03:47 PM
👍
Exactly what we did to Dobbie/Queens

arabian_ian
30-11-2018, 03:53 PM
United 2 Ayr 1

ClashCityRocker
30-11-2018, 04:27 PM
Will be tight game - but going for 3-1 United.

LSArab
30-11-2018, 04:47 PM
I’m hoping a decisive win for united.

Fearing there may be some twists and turns. Would prefer it if we could dish out a really big defeat to stamp our mark on the division

Mecca_Sheikh
30-11-2018, 05:12 PM
I’m hoping a decisive win for united.

Fearing there may be some twists and turns. Would prefer it if we could dish out a really big defeat to stamp our mark on the division

Agreed.

I said on season day one that I wanted that against Dunfermline. Look what happened there...

Anything other than defeat is decent. A win is good. Anything over a four-goal margin is just top-o-the-table-tingling...

Arabknight
30-11-2018, 09:49 PM
I thought the feeling of being embarrassed at tanny were gone. Little did I know. 🤬

notso
30-11-2018, 10:01 PM
Bang at it.

Flying in training.

Someone's gonna take a hiding.

6-0 The Terrors of Tannadice!

Close but no cigar , pity could’ve been 6 though
Ayr where certainly flying

shedka
30-11-2018, 10:25 PM
Some of our fans maybe a bit ignorant about Ayr to be fair, a much better side than Ross County and atleast a could of sides in the top flight for a start... had a bad feeling about tonight and went with a conservative score draw but even then didn't think we would be thumped

Reality check that's for sure

spikeontheright
30-11-2018, 10:49 PM
Close but no cigar , pity could’ve been 6 though
Ayr where certainly flying

I was only an 11 goal swing away from getting this correct.

duke_the_arab
30-11-2018, 10:55 PM
I would have this thread binned. Embarrassing some of the predictions posted. Same squad of players we had under Shabba. Only difference under a good manager in Neilson is he has us better organised .
Although tonight showed how schite we are in most areas up against a decent team especially when we go behind.
Playoffs it is yet again. Unless he can get rid of the dross and get some decent player's in January .

Whitfieldarab
01-12-2018, 01:17 AM
3-0

The 2 away games after this v Morton & ICT will be more difficult imo.

Shameful prediction from me and definitely borne out of ignorance.

Ayr were well the better team and their young players were excellent.

The lad Mcdaid IS a player and will go on to better things, no doubt about it.

We really need to look at ourselves now and hopefully this is a hefty fkn kick up the erse.

Two massive losses at home from our championship rivals is embarrassing.

Still think the latter part of the post still stands.

geofoxposse
01-12-2018, 06:05 AM
Drove from Nicosia, to Larnaca then back here to Paphos in the worst electric storms of the year past cars in ditches, under trees, houses and gardens wrecked and chaos on many places to manage to get the last 10 minutes of first half and the second.

Why the feck did I take the risks for a performance like that? Gutless, clueless and I now think RN has given certain players the chance and they have blown it, this will help him focus on what he needs in January.

TerryTheTerror
01-12-2018, 08:28 AM
Drove from Nicosia, to Larnaca then back here to Paphos in the worst electric storms of the year past cars in ditches, under trees, houses and gardens wrecked and chaos on many places to manage to get the last 10 minutes of first half and the second.

Why the feck did I take the risks for a performance like that? Gutless, clueless and I now think RN has given certain players the chance and they have blown it, this will help him focus on what he needs in January.

Could have been much worse for you, you could have been at the Deech.

Shedboy1971
01-12-2018, 10:08 AM
We need a new GK, RB, No 10 and a Midfielder. I also think Fyvie was cautious last night - rightly so but as the game was 100mph.

You know what - well done Ayr - no one has said that. They came to Tannadice and thought they dont have a right back and a slow CB lets run at them all night and see what happens.

They owned us last night regardless of how embarrasing that is to say. Thats where we are.

JUSTaway
01-12-2018, 10:15 AM
look at our defence, 2 questionable goalkeepers - robson, booth, toshney, Murdoch, Watson, bouheena, frans, edge, scobbie. There is maybe 2-3 decent defenders in there, but virtually no pace whatsoever, and huge load of dross/wages. Wardrop I can't judge cause I've seen him once, but seems our only right back can't get a game ahead of a centre-half and midfielder.

Fyvie seems to spend most the season getting up to fitness, then just as he is getting there, gets another injury and has to start all over again.

Ayr Utds pace all over the pitch absolutely destroyed us. I've never seen us outplayed at home in this league to that extent, although I think there has been worse results/performances because at least Ayr were good last night, whereas we have capitulated to some bog standard dross in the past couple of seasons.

Watson might not be a right-back, but he is a defender, he should no to get tighter to a winger if he running riot, or at least give him a kick at some point. There winger (no.11) was everything a winger should be, and everything King is not.

massive game against Morton now if season isn't just about to collapse 1-6 Falkirk style.

Shedboy1971
01-12-2018, 10:55 AM
Pace in the defence is missing Robson has some but is well not always got his head screwed on. Yup we needed to nail that winger like the nailed us in first 10 mins. I still dont see what King adds to the party. Their winger looked like a world beater against us. He isnt but thats how bad we were.

geofoxposse
01-12-2018, 12:51 PM
Location is unimportant TTT, I want a team who has at least the commitment of the supporters.

If any of these players were selling property and performed like this they would not eat, working in ASDA they would be sacked, most other self employed jobs they would starve.

If they were in any regulated profession they would be sued shytless for misconduct.

They need to realise that they are in a privileged position playing a game they should enjoy for a living and commit themselves to it.

If they have no belief in themselves to perform then take psychological therapy, then of it doesn't work, piss off and be a no brainer.

Chick A Saw
01-12-2018, 12:53 PM
Watson might not be a right-back, but he is a defender, he should no to get tighter to a winger if he running riot, or at least give him a kick at some point. There winger (no.11) was everything a winger should be, and everything King is not.

I think you are on to something there. I think all our attack minded players ended up in a heap on the floor at some point. Cant remember many of the Ayr players getting that treatment until it was too late.

Shedboy1971
01-12-2018, 01:03 PM
its definately one of the factors - ref didnt punish ayr players but we didnt dig in apart from sanfranko who as soon as he tried to stop the kicks and pushing my being physical - he got penalised with free kicks. Ayr werent dirty but cute. We didnt handle it at all and they were also very good at cutting open our defence.

Teddy Bear
07-12-2018, 09:31 PM
5-1

Bit optimistic there thinking you’s wid get wan XD

Shedboy1971
07-12-2018, 10:02 PM
Bit optimistic there thinking you’s wid get wan XD

exactly - my confidence has gone down now and i lost a load at the bookies XD

Teddy Bear
07-12-2018, 10:31 PM
exactly - my confidence has gone down now and i lost a load at the bookies XD

XD