PDA

View Full Version : UK aid spending tops £14 billion

soulman101
29-11-2018, 04:27 PM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6442851/UK-aid-spending-tops-14BILLION-time.html

mickd1961
29-11-2018, 04:33 PM
Fkin ridiculous.

We are seriously in debt and have to borrow this money to give it away.

Meanwhile......old people dying in their own s h I t and pi s s whilst corrupt regimes s p u n k our money up the wall.

Priorities all wrong!!

baggieal
29-11-2018, 05:11 PM
Fkin ridiculous.

We are seriously in debt and have to borrow this money to give it away.

Meanwhile......old people dying in their own s h I t and pi s s whilst corrupt regimes s p u n k our money up the wall.

Priorities all wrong!!

You are bang on - old people having to get buses in the cold to hospitals - councils not quicker enough to put in stair lifts and the elderly to frightened to turn on the heating.

Meanwhile, the news is dominated by a 6 foot rugby player who was attacked by a kid because he likes to stick it up the rear, and now news running stories about a Syrian getting bullied in a school. For feck sake, whilst nobody should be bullied or attacked - what about old folk beaten to a pulp - young kids murdered - young kids groomed by the same old religion every time.

This country is a complete shambles! Lets have a rainbow laces national day and wave the Syrian flags at the same time!! Jo Cox was tragically killed and she was helping the White Helmets ( Syrian ) but strangely enough what was done in her own back yard with the grooming gangs? Not a lot as rocking the boat would have lost votes with the majority in this back yard!!

Every other television program now features gays including Coronation Street and East Enders - should Phil Mitchell and Ken Barlow be told soon to wear rainbow laces too!

WBA123
30-11-2018, 09:45 AM
You are bang on - old people having to get buses in the cold to hospitals - councils not quicker enough to put in stair lifts and the elderly to frightened to turn on the heating.

Meanwhile, the news is dominated by a 6 foot rugby player who was attacked by a kid because he likes to stick it up the rear, and now news running stories about a Syrian getting bullied in a school. For feck sake, whilst nobody should be bullied or attacked - what about old folk beaten to a pulp - young kids murdered - young kids groomed by the same old religion every time.

This country is a complete shambles! Lets have a rainbow laces national day and wave the Syrian flags at the same time!! Jo Cox was tragically killed and she was helping the White Helmets ( Syrian ) but strangely enough what was done in her own back yard with the grooming gangs? Not a lot as rocking the boat would have lost votes with the majority in this back yard!!

Every other television program now features gays including Coronation Street and East Enders - should Phil Mitchell and Ken Barlow be told soon to wear rainbow laces too!

There is so much bollox written on here.

In response to a Daily Mail article as well.

You are brainwashed. There is no hope for you or Mick.

mickd1961
30-11-2018, 10:00 AM
There is so much bollox written on here.

In response to a Daily Mail article as well.

You are brainwashed. There is no hope for you or Mick.

And you’re a left wing zealot Carolgees.

WBA123
30-11-2018, 10:04 AM
And you’re a left wing zealot Carolgees.

This Carolgees must be a very intelligent fella,

I notice you called someone else that yesterday. Seems to be the 'go to name' for someone you disagree with.

You keep believing everything you read in the Mail, yeah..

soulman101
30-11-2018, 02:15 PM
[QUOTE=WBA123;39075230]This Carolgees must be a very intelligent fella,

I notice you called someone else that yesterday. Seems to be the 'go to name' for someone you disagree with.

You keep believing everything you read in the Mail, yeah..[/QUOTE
I posted the Mail clip to show the steep upward curve on the graph to show how much aid we are giving away. Our foriegn aid should have been flat lined from the crash in 2008 . France and Germany like there Nato contribution never give their full amount. Germany even include donations for fund raising as part of their foreign aid budget
Why do Pakistan need £400m of us .They can afford this Space program

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/science/pakistan-set-to-launch-space-programme-to-keep-an-eye-on-indian-side-report/articleshow/63960215.cms

WBA123
30-11-2018, 03:16 PM
[QUOTE=WBA123;39075230]This Carolgees must be a very intelligent fella,

You keep believing everything you read in the Mail, yeah..[/QUOTE
I posted the Mail clip to show the steep upward curve on the graph to show how much aid we are giving away. Our foriegn aid should have been flat lined from the crash in 2008 . France and Germany like there Nato contribution never give their full amount. Germany even include donations for fund raising as part of their foreign aid budget
Why do Pakistan need £400m of us .They can afford this Space program

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/science/pakistan-set-to-launch-space-programme-to-keep-an-eye-on-indian-side-report/articleshow/63960215.cms

Our foreign aid is the same figure every year - 0.7% of our GDP. So if foreign aid goes up, it means our GDP has increased. Germany also give 0.7% and a higher figure because their GDP is higher. Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Luxembourg all give more foreign aid than us in GDP %.

I know a guy who works for DFID. He tells me they save thousands of lives every year and all they get is demonised by the tax dodging, billionaire foreign owned press. I can sympathise with him.

Pakistan is one of the most unequal societies in the world, most live in poverty and can't read and write. Many of those who are uneducated can become brainwashed into extremism. It is actually a benefit for us if that country became more stable. Those people can't control what the government spends their cash on.

On another note, Pakistan and India forces supported us in both world wars. In the 2nd World War, 2.5m of them were the largest volunteer army that had ever existed. Many say we wouldn't have won either war without them. I think spending £400m per year (0.002% of our GDP) is not a lot to save/improve the lives there of those who most need it, given that they gave us their support when we most needed it.

The domestic problems we have are not the result of our foreign aid budget - despite what the Mail would like you to believe. They're the result of our very own failing governments policy of not spending appropriately where it is most needed.

You all seem to be directing your anger in the wrong direction, and you're being led down the garden path.

wbatillidie
30-11-2018, 03:21 PM
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/fgm-uk-aid-package-50-million-female-genital-mutilation-penny-mordaunt-a8647566.html

Let’s look after our own people first and let other countries look after theirs.

mickd1961
30-11-2018, 04:27 PM
Quite frankly I don’t really care what’s going on in Pakistan,a country so corrupt that it’s hard to comprehend.

I believe in looking after those closest first and others later on.

Our roads are full of potholes,some of our local towns like Brierley Hill,Dudley and Cradley are grotty s h I t holes,we don’t have enough police or mental health and elderly care provision yet dreamers like you 123 think it’s a great idea to send billions abroad.

It’s a pompous,gratuitous act “helping” others whilst placing swinging cuts on your own people.

WBA123
30-11-2018, 05:17 PM
Quite frankly I don’t really care what’s going on in Pakistan,a country so corrupt that it’s hard to comprehend.

I believe in looking after those closest first and others later on.

Our roads are full of potholes,some of our local towns like Brierley Hill,Dudley and Cradley are grotty s h I t holes,we don’t have enough police or mental health and elderly care provision yet dreamers like you 123 think it’s a great idea to send billions abroad.

It’s a pompous,gratuitous act “helping” others whilst placing swinging cuts on your own people.

You are full of contradictions;

Because you would care if we did nothing to stop the rise of extremism in Pakistan. If you actually give people an education and a stable living environment (And the Pakistan government doesn't do that) there would be less scope for an ISIS or an Al Qaeda to operate. That improves their life and ours.

And if you truly did care about potholes, mental health and the policing numbers then you would be a Labour voter, because they will undoubtedly spend more on social and public bodies. But you aren't because you slate them at every turn. By the way, I'm absolutely not advocating a Labour vote, but if those were your key areas of concern then Corbyn would be your main man.

So I'm not really sure where you stand politically, other than on the side of where the Daily Mail tells you to.

But maybe I am a dreamer for wanting my taxes to actually help other people and not create an environment where the rich get even richer.

baggieal
30-11-2018, 05:40 PM

Because you would care if we did nothing to stop the rise of extremism in Pakistan. If you actually give people an education and a stable living environment (And the Pakistan government doesn't do that) there would be less scope for an ISIS or an Al Qaeda to operate. That improves their life and ours.

And if you truly did care about potholes, mental health and the policing numbers then you would be a Labour voter, because they will undoubtedly spend more on social and public bodies. But you aren't because you slate them at every turn. By the way, I'm absolutely not advocating a Labour vote, but if those were your key areas of concern then Corbyn would be your main man.

So I'm not really sure where you stand politically, other than on the side of where the Daily Mail tells you to.

But maybe I am a dreamer for wanting my taxes to actually help other people and not create an environment where the rich get even richer.

Carolgees - I don't give a flying feck about what happens in Pakistan as more interested in our own people who pay taxes. I might be tempted to vote Labour when these free Uni fees appear that Corbyn promised but hey that's never going to happen. The poor chap could not even answer the question of where the funding would come from!

Have you ever thought that a lot of rich get richer because they have worked hard for their money and money then makes money. It's the bitter old souls like you and our Jeremy who want a return to Robin Hood from Sherwood!

PS - it's people like you who also get crap pushed to the top of the news like the 6ft gay rugger player being attacked by a kid ( poor man and perhaps he should be 8ft ) or the Syrian lad who got bullied and then two Huddersfield players invite him to a game. Don't get me wrong it was awful and wrong, but should every old lady who gets mugged and beaten to a pulp or a young kid groomed and abused, also gets tickets to a match? Man U, Chelsea or Man City perhaps? :O :O

Foreign Aid should be stopped to corrupt countries and channeled into our crumbling NHS or be invested towards the promises made by Corbyn. Pakistan - you will be telling us next that their government did not know Bin Dustbin was hiding on their soil! Glad some hungry shark got a nice dinner XDXD

mickd1961
30-11-2018, 05:43 PM

We are never going to stop extremism by sending Pakistan handouts,the world will never see peace and an end to conflict.

One man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter,it’s impossible to cure century old divisions in some regions.

As for politics I don’t conform to the sort of left or right wing stereotype that you clearly do.

I’ve voted Labour under Blair because I thought he was pro business but with a social conscience which is where I sit.

NO party represents me but having grown up with Labour trashing my formative years and my youth,three days a week at school because we had no coal to generate power for a full week,evenings by candlelight due to power cuts,rubbish piled up in the streets due to strikes and idiots like “Red Robbo” and Derek Hatton there is no way I’d vote for a Trotsky Party run by a bunch of zealots.

A new centre party featuring people like Chukka Umuna of Labour and sensible Tories would get my vote.

WBA123
30-11-2018, 06:21 PM
Carolgees - I don't give a flying feck about what happens in Pakistan as more interested in our own people who pay taxes. I might be tempted to vote Labour when these free Uni fees appear that Corbyn promised but hey that's never going to happen. The poor chap could not even answer the question of where the funding would come from!

Have you ever thought that a lot of rich get richer because they have worked hard for their money and money then makes money. It's the bitter old souls like you and our Jeremy who want a return to Robin Hood from Sherwood!

PS - it's people like you who also get crap pushed to the top of the news like the 6ft gay rugger player being attacked by a kid ( poor man and perhaps he should be 8ft ) or the Syrian lad who got bullied and then two Huddersfield players invite him to a game. Don't get me wrong it was awful and wrong, but should every old lady who gets mugged and beaten to a pulp or a young kid groomed and abused, also gets tickets to a match? Man U, Chelsea or Man City perhaps?

Foreign Aid should be stopped to corrupt countries and channeled into our crumbling NHS or be invested towards the promises made by Corbyn. Pakistan - you will be telling us next that their government did not know Bin Dustbin was hiding on their soil! Glad some hungry shark got a nice dinner XDXD

You are a complete weapon.

I don't begrudge anyone who has worked hard and made money. But by your logic, Amazon, Starbucks, Philip Green, the Rothmere's etc all deserve to pay less tax than us because 'money breeds money'...?

And apparently 'people like me' dictate the news! Are you on something...Most print media news outlets are RW, right up your alley!

You appear to fixate on certain news stories and then compare them to completely unrelated news items, I can't explain why anyone would do that.

Anyway, when I need a good laugh I'll get some more pearls of wisdom from you. Until next time XD

WBA123
30-11-2018, 06:23 PM
We are never going to stop extremism by sending Pakistan handouts,the world will never see peace and an end to conflict.

One man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter,it’s impossible to cure century old divisions in some regions.

As for politics I don’t conform to the sort of left or right wing stereotype that you clearly do.

I’ve voted Labour under Blair because I thought he was pro business but with a social conscience which is where I sit.

NO party represents me but having grown up with Labour trashing my formative years and my youth,three days a week at school because we had no coal to generate power for a full week,evenings by candlelight due to power cuts,rubbish piled up in the streets due to strikes and idiots like “Red Robbo” and Derek Hatton there is no way I’d vote for a Trotsky Party run by a bunch of zealots.

A new centre party featuring people like Chukka Umuna of Labour and sensible Tories would get my vote.

I think you do conform, you called me a left wing zealot earlier XD

Either way, perhaps I thought you shared the same logic as BaggieAl. Maybe we're closer politically minded than we first thought.

Have a nice weekend!

albion68
30-11-2018, 07:54 PM
WBA123,you sir are a FOOL.

9goals2hattricks3pen
30-11-2018, 09:15 PM

Don't agree too much about what you have written on this or Brexit but doesn't mean I don't think it's well written or well reasoned (except when you swipe back at those who ridicule your views with some equally silly retorts.)
Keep sticking you head above the parapet/

talkSAFT
01-12-2018, 10:32 AM

PS - it's people like you who also get crap pushed to the top of the news like the 6ft gay rugger player being attacked by a kid ( poor man and perhaps he should be 8ft ) or the Syrian lad who got bullied and then two Huddersfield players invite him to a game. Don't get me wrong it was awful and wrong, but should every old lady who gets mugged and beaten to a pulp or a young kid groomed and abused, also gets tickets to a match? Man U, Chelsea or Man City perhaps?

Foreign Aid should be stopped to corrupt countries and channeled into our crumbling NHS or be invested towards the promises made by Corbyn. Pakistan - you will be telling us next that their government did not know Bin Dustbin was hiding on their soil! Glad some hungry shark got a nice dinner

XD
It's only just dawned on me that "Al" is Alan Partridge.
He's used the "Carolgees" again (!), echoing what another poster did!!!
"Al" is either as thick as pigsh*t - or he's a bloody good spoof.
First we had his hilarious "Pulis is a god" last year;
then we had "Mr.Intelligent Boris Johnston";
then we had a series of "Couldn't possibly agree with you more (with another poster he was trying to get off with;
then we had "I spent £200 getting to that Away game, and - I did - I drank 6 pts before the game";
then we had 4 posts about the gay rugby player (in case anyone had "Al" down as gay).

I bow to you, Mr.Partridge (but I won't take you seriously again). XD

baggieal
01-12-2018, 10:45 AM
XD
It's only just dawned on me that "Al" is Alan Partridge.
He's used the "Carolgees" again (!), echoing what another poster did!!!
"Al" is either as thick as pigsh*t - or he's a bloody good spoof.
First we had his hilarious "Pulis is a god" last year;
then we had "Mr.Intelligent Boris Johnston";
then we had a series of "Couldn't possibly agree with you more (with another poster he was trying to get off with;
then we had "I spent £200 getting to that Away game, and - I did - I drank 6 pts before the game";
then we had 4 posts about the gay rugby player (in case anyone had "Al" down as gay).

I bow to you, Mr.Partridge (but I won't take you seriously again). XD

You are the biggest knob after our City Accountant which is why nobody takes you seriously. Bet you don't even go to any games? Sad individual who comes on here and worrying you quote many posts - are you like that rugby player as will have to watch my back at Sheffield Utd? Than again, more chance, of you going to Sheffield, then not wearing your slippers on a Friday evening coming on here to have a moan! :P :P

PS - presume you had a first at a top uni - idiot!