PDA

View Full Version : Dubravka

Zippity
05-12-2018, 11:53 PM
He is absolutely fckin mint, man.

Best 'keeper we've had for years and my favourite Newcastle player by a country mile.

Lucky to have him.

Jammy89
06-12-2018, 06:26 AM
Agreed and a bargain as well only £4.5 million.

ex_pat_magpie
06-12-2018, 09:22 AM
Agreed and a bargain as well only £4.5 million.

Such a gulf in quality between him and those as back up, perhaps excluding young Woodie's potential.

HughieG
06-12-2018, 01:12 PM
Absolutely. Probably the best since Given.

When we signed Dubravka, I was less than impressed. He won me over pretty much from that first game against Man Utd, though I did suspect I could have been beginner's luck. The steadiness he has shown since then has been remarkable and *****, very few bad performances from him.

I hope he stays with us for a long time. Hands off Juventus.

toonfalifekevbrown
06-12-2018, 01:43 PM
I think he's the best weve ever had in a long time

Zippity
06-12-2018, 02:27 PM
Pav was a great 'keeper, Shay was really good and Tim Krul was brilliant at times before his injury...

but I think Dubravka could be the best I've seen. :O

HughieG
06-12-2018, 02:52 PM
At his best, I think Given was a class ahead of the rest.

ex_pat_magpie
06-12-2018, 03:56 PM
At his best, I think Given was a class ahead of the rest.

I don't think that Given had the positional sense that Dubravka has also Dub handles crosses better. if he can't catch them cleanly he diverts them high and wide like Harps used to instead of what most goalies do by just pushing them out for the opposing strikers to have a free header.

HughieG
06-12-2018, 06:12 PM
I don't think that Given had the positional sense that Dubravka has also Dub handles crosses better. if he can't catch them cleanly he diverts them high and wide like Harps used to instead of what most goalies do by just pushing them out for the opposing strikers to have a free header.

Well no GK's are perfect. Watch West Ham's 3rd goal and you can see that Dubravka ain't either. Given was talked about as one of the best in the world at one point.

Not taking anything from Dubravka mind you, I love him!

tooslomofo
06-12-2018, 09:13 PM
If he keeps on like he is he’s gonna be hard to hold onto

toonfalifekevbrown
06-12-2018, 09:17 PM
More commanding than given was and Bette shot stopper
Iwas a big fan of Tim krul and i think he is better than krul