PDA

View Full Version : January clear out? Who goes?

Warnocks Legends
08-12-2018, 03:18 PM
So now we need to seriously consider who we let go to reduce this bloated squad of has-beens , never beens and never will be's. Here are my entries to say goodbye top-notch

Vaughn - passed it and offers nothing in this league
Brisley - a sad shadow of last year's player
Duffy - poisonous and not a team player
Thomas- nothing to excite me and looks overweight
Ward - temporary stop gap served his purpose
Hewitt- not looked the player of old and lacking bite nowadays
Jones - once was good but now looks lost, low on confidence
Evina- no quality , no end product

Any others?

Disturbed
08-12-2018, 03:20 PM
So now we need to seriously consider who we let go to reduce this bloated squad of has-beens , never beens and never will be's. Here are my entries to say goodbye top-notch

Any others?

I agree with all those apart from Ward.

60YearsAPie
08-12-2018, 03:20 PM

Any others?

Are all these out of contract in January then?

Warnocks Legends
08-12-2018, 03:22 PM
Nope probably few out of contract but mutual consent? We really do have to be ruthless of this club is going down

kill_the_drum
08-12-2018, 03:39 PM
Nope probably few out of contract but mutual consent? We really do have to be ruthless of this club is going down

Doesn’t mutual consent mean we basically pay them off? How does that help?

nw6pie
08-12-2018, 03:59 PM

Any others?

I think the only player out of contract is Milsom, who I would definitely get rid of - cruel as that may seem. He’s a huge part of the problem in a midfield that gets overrun and bypassed week after week. He now seems incapable of playing a forward pass to a teammate.

Otherwise, we’re stuck with this bunch of overpaid wasters.

Given that we can’t influence who leaves, I think it’s better to ask what we need. The problem is it’s a very long list...

Right back
Left back
Ball-winning midfielder
Box-to-box midfielder
Passing midfielder
Pacy, strong target man

No way in God’s earth are we going to find all of those in one window. When Nolan came in 2 years ago, only half of his signings worked out - Bola, Shola and Grant. The only encouragement from that is that it was enough to turn things around.

Bohinen
08-12-2018, 04:04 PM
Have we won with Vaughn in the team yet? He supposedly had his best game for us, but that counts for nothing when you still lose. It seems like NA needs to see for himself that it won't work, three managers have tried. In League Two you need to win second balls, with fast closing down and crunching tackles where necessary. That has been the main change since last year, especially since this time last year when we had Yates.

There may be a mid-table team in the rest of the squad, but not playing 4-5-1 with Vaughn.

Disturbed
08-12-2018, 04:09 PM
Have we won with Vaughn in the team yet? He supposedly had his best game for us, but that counts for nothing when you still lose. It seems like NA needs to see for himself that it won't work, three managers have tried. In League Two you need to win second balls, with fast closing down and crunching tackles where necessary. That has been the main change since last year, especially since this time last year when we had Yates.

There may be a mid-table team in the rest of the squad, but not playing 4-5-1 with Vaughn.

Not playing Vaughn, Hewitt and Milson would be a great start to addressing the problems with the team. Lets give Crawford, Husin and Patching a try. They couldn't do any worse

Notts78
08-12-2018, 04:13 PM

Any others?

So you want to get rid of 6 players that started today? And only 2 players that were not? Jesus Christ. I have seen some drivel written but this tops the lot. You are deluded if a) you think it will happen and b) if the replacements are no worse.

Realistically it will be players like Husin, Hawkridge, Kellett. You may get your wish with either Duffy or Brisley.

Disturbed
08-12-2018, 04:22 PM
So you want to get rid of 6 players that started today? And only 2 players that were not? Jesus Christ. I have seen some drivel written but this tops the lot. You are deluded if a) you think it will happen and b) if the replacements are no worse.

Vaughn- Offers nothing in this division.
Brisley- A shadow of last season
Duffy- As stated above
Thomas- Not good enough tracking back and helping out inviting too much pressure on left back
Ward- I would keep
Hewitt- Not good enough to play Sunday morning football
Jones- See Hewitt
Evina- Very poor

So, many of these players may have started today, and in fact most of them most weeks, but do you see a pattern forming with the starting 11 and the results? That is why I agree with the original post that these players need moving on. The results this season have proved that they are not good enough, and that is with 3 managers so far.

mark45
08-12-2018, 04:30 PM
Who is going to pay for this clearout? The owners done his lot and probably has 50% less wealth these days.

Disturbed
08-12-2018, 04:35 PM
Who is going to pay for this clearout? The owners done his lot and probably has 50% less wealth these days.

How about farm then out on loan, pay 50% of the wages and then bring in 3 or 4 with the money saved. Many of these are out of contract in the summer, so that is when the squad can be rebuilt, but we need to do what we can to survive now. The money spent now in staying up surely would be better than the cost of relegation.

mark45
08-12-2018, 04:41 PM
How about farm then out on loan, pay 50% of the wages and then bring in 3 or 4 with the money saved. Many of these are out of contract in the summer, so that is when the squad can be rebuilt, but we need to do what we can to survive now. The money spent now in staying up surely would be better than the cost of relegation.

You make it sound sooooo easy. Do you realise you cannot just gift them like crimbo presents? The recieving club as to actually want them you know.

Warnocks Legends
08-12-2018, 04:41 PM
Thanks disturbed, was looking for some decent thoughts on who people would move on, but as usual people resort to personal insults as they have nothing of real substance to add

sidders
08-12-2018, 04:46 PM
I'm confident that replenishing the squad in January would have been featured in Ardley's interview. He is experienced and knowledgeable enough to already be planning the changes he needs.
There's a lot of disappointment and impatience on MAD today. Did people really think that the new manager would instantly transform Nolan's errors? Give him time and trust his good sense.

Warnocks Legends
08-12-2018, 04:49 PM
Sidders, not annoyed at Manager but at the absolute dross we have collected in the playing dept. I do believe Ardley will be a great appointment but not with this bloody awful shower.

irish_pie
08-12-2018, 04:49 PM
Liquidation sale.... all stock must go :( but seriously we are in the brown stuff... too many players in that squad not fit to wear the jersey... better performance today but same old story... -21 goal difference is simply shocking.

Disturbed
08-12-2018, 04:51 PM
You make it sound sooooo easy. Do you realise you cannot just gift them like crimbo presents? The recieving club as to actually want them you know.

I know. I never said it was easy and the original post never said it was easy.
Most of the players listed would not even make a starting place for a team in the Sunday morning EMPAL league in my opinion, but we do need to try to offload these players for the sake of our survival. If we can, then great, but if we can't, then at least we have tried to address the problem.
You never know what can be achieved unless you try and that is sadly what is missing from these players

Woodsetts_Pie
08-12-2018, 04:55 PM
I'm confident that replenishing the squad in January would have been featured in Ardley's interview. He is experienced and knowledgeable enough to already be planning the changes he needs.
There's a lot of disappointment and impatience on MAD today. Did people really think that the new manager would instantly transform Nolan's errors? Give him time and trust his good sense.

I went today Sid, - a shortish journey for me. Did I think Mr Ardley would instantly transform Nolan's errors? No, but I sincerely hoped we would see a different formation, style, attitude etc. What we saw was the same lethargy, 4-5-1, with the 1 being Stead who is/was coming back from injury. What I witnessed today was no different from the style/pattern of play of the previous two managers. It felt to me as though Mr Ardley had not had any influence at all. I do hope for better things in the medium to long term though.

Warnocks Legends
08-12-2018, 04:57 PM
Wow woodset and here was me thinking this shower is awful but at least Ardley will knock them into shape. It does appear the players have the balance of power in their pocket!!! Got our chairman, 3 managers and most of us by the balls!!!

Disturbed
08-12-2018, 05:01 PM
Wow woodset and here was me thinking this shower is awful but at least Ardley will knock them into shape. It does appear the players have the balance of power in their pocket!!! Got our chairman, 3 managers and most of us by the balls!!!

Lets hope that the clean slate that was promised has now been written on and that the players not good enough (the ones listed) get shown the door as they simply are not fit to wear the shirt.

irish_pie
08-12-2018, 05:05 PM
I went today Sid, - a shortish journey for me. Did I think Mr Ardley would instantly transform Nolan's errors? No, but I sincerely hoped we would see a different formation, style, attitude etc. What we saw was the same lethargy, 4-5-1, with the 1 being Stead who is/was coming back from injury. What I witnessed today was no different from the style/pattern of play of the previous two managers. It felt to me as though Mr Ardley had not had any influence at all. I do hope for better things in the medium to long term though.

To be honest Wodsetts this shower have got shot of 2 managers this season so I hope this clean slate thing Ardley is talking about was in effect today because he should now know a lot of those players don't belong anywhere near this famous old club... I just hope he has the guts to show most of them the door in Jan.

MAD_MAGPIE
08-12-2018, 05:15 PM
To be honest Wodsetts this shower have got shot of 2 managers this season so I hope this clean slate thing Ardley is talking about was in effect today because he should now know a lot of those players don't belong anywhere near this famous old club... I just hope he has the guts to show most of them the door in Jan.

There is only one player out of contract at the end of the month and that is Milsom.

It will simply not be possible get rid of a load of the players unless their contracts are terminated by mutual consent. That will cost Alan Hardy more money.

I think a more realistic scenario will be that Alan Hardy allows Neal Ardley to bring in a few faces as he alluded to in his interview and a few will go out on loan until the end of the season.

I can’t see any wholesale changes happening until the summer.

Bridg4d_Pie_
08-12-2018, 05:26 PM

Would you take them on loan & pay 50% of the wages. NO, I thought not, wake up smell the coffee.

Oldstripy
08-12-2018, 05:27 PM
Ardley in his post match interview said he is looking to bring in a couple of fresh faces but players who are available now may not be in January.

looks like 2 in and 2 out.

nw6pie
08-12-2018, 05:27 PM

Ardley came with a reputation of liking to play 4-4-2, but you need two decent players in the middle of the park to do that. We have none.

Mansfield played 3-5-2 today, but their wing backs were able to push so far up the pitch because they used the ball better as a team and they had more pace in key areas.

The only decent performances I’ve seen from us this season was when we played a 4-2-1-3 (second half against Crewe, Crawley and MK Dons), with Alessandra the most advanced midfielder - he’s the only one who can run with the ball in the middle of the park. I do think he has been missed. We have zero pace without Enzio, he has been the only bright spark in this dismal season.

I see Yeovil are on a bad run (remember, that team that thumped us 4-0?), so at the moment it looks like it’s between them, us, Macc, Cambridge (who were apparently after Gary Bowyer as their new manager, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Nolan end up there) and Cheltenham. If we can’t finish above that lot, we will deserve everything we get.

On a separate note, any word on Alan Hardy’s health? I hope it’s nothing stress-related - although given the way things have gone this season, after such a hefty outlay, he must be feeling the strain.

SwalePie
08-12-2018, 05:47 PM
Mmm tricky question this one. Obviously MiG and all the Vlad-people but beyond that I don't really see any other forum coming in for most of our posters.

SwalePie
08-12-2018, 05:49 PM
Vaughn - passed it

Credit where due, he's about the only one who did ;)

GranthamPie
08-12-2018, 05:55 PM
There is only one player out of contract at the end of the month and that is Milsom.

It will simply not be possible get rid of a load of the players unless their contracts are terminated by mutual consent. That will cost Alan Hardy more money.

I think a more realistic scenario will be that Alan Hardy allows Neal Ardley to bring in a few faces as he alluded to in his interview and a few will go out on loan until the end of the season.

Fair enough... you’re probably right.

Relegation it is then. Still on the bright side, we get to howl our hatred at Noble next season.

LaxtonLad
08-12-2018, 07:14 PM
Not playing Vaughn, Hewitt and Milson would be a great start to addressing the problems with the team. Lets give Crawford, Husin and Patching a try. They couldn't do any worse

I'm not sure putting bench-warmers into the first team just because "They couldn't do any worse" is a good idea, they certainly could do a LOT worse, lose a few more games, for instance. There is a reason why the three possibles you name aren't playing and it's not because the first team are competent footballers.

Notts78
08-12-2018, 07:35 PM
Disturbed, in one post you suggest loaning our players and asking for 50%, and in the next suggesting that the same players are good enough to grace the EMPAL. Are the clubs in the EMPAL paying decent money? If you know any of the chairmen get them to drop me a line, reckon I could earn a bundle given that League isn’t good enough to lace my boots...

LaxtonLad
08-12-2018, 07:38 PM

If Neil Ardley has commited the tried and tested and unimaginative "Every player now starts with a clean sheet" bollox, the most useless players we have (and we have quite a few) will be picked and seen yet again gifting balls to the opposition's most dangerous players, failing to defend, failing to midfield(?) and failing to trouble the scorer. They will play a few games before the penny drops - too late!! The manager and we supporters will now start looking on a map for our next season's opponents in the National League.

pravda_plc
08-12-2018, 07:48 PM

Milsom is on loan until January then he becomes a 'permanent' signing - the club did not say for how long.

The problem with this type of thread is the lack of understanding that fans have of getting rid of unwanted players.

To summarise: this player / that player is cr@p - get rid. Doesn't work like that in the real world !!!

The so-called cr@p players are under contract so options are limited. If they genuinely are cr@p, what other club will want them and pay their wages? My guess is not many to none.

Similarly if they really are cr@p what clubs will want to sign them on loan? My guess is not many to none.

So we're left with a mutual consent adios. If Notts have to pay up players' contracts to get rid of them, where will the extra money come from to fund the new signings that are desparately needed? The agent's fees? The signing on fees? And the new player's wages?

I think Hardy has seriously overspent already and i'm not sure how much more cash he's prepared to lose.

If we go down - which is becoming increasingly more likely - I think Hardy will walk and concentrate on his more realistic football adventure at Ilson.

Still we can console yourselves with thoughts of a new mouthwatering, money-spinning derby with Solihull Moors FC...

optipez
08-12-2018, 07:53 PM
Well, after one league match Ardley has already said he needs new faces. In the press conference at his unveiling he was going to work with them and try to save the chairman some money. That's gone out the window, we need the forty two man squad it seems.
Really glad I'm not in big Als shoes at the moment.

As to who to get rid of I'd take offers for all but Fitz,Turley, Jones ( because we don't have any real cover), Hewitt, Hemmings, Alless, Enzio and Stead.
Dennis will be good for another team but we need to free up some cash. Milsom was missed when suspended so maybe keep him.
Desperate times.

Notts78
08-12-2018, 07:57 PM
[QUOTE=MAD_MAGPIE;39082340]There is only one player out of contract at the end of the month and that is Milsom.

Milsom is on loan until January then he becomes a 'permanent' signing - the club did not say for how long.

The problem with this type of thread is the lack of understanding that fans have of getting rid of unwanted players.

To summarise: this player / that player is cr@p - get rid. Doesn't work like that in the real world !!!

The so-called cr@p players are under contract so options are limited. If they genuinely are cr@p, what other club will want them and pay their wages? My guess is not many to none.

Similarly if they really are cr@p what clubs will want to sign them on loan? My guess is not many to none.

So we're left with a mutual consent adios. If Notts have to pay up players' contracts to get rid of them, where will the extra money come from to fund the new signings that are desparately needed? The agent's fees? The signing on fees? And the new player's wages?

I think Hardy has seriously overspent already and i'm not sure how much more cash he's prepared to lose.

If we go down - which is becoming increasingly more likely - I think Hardy will walk and concentrate on his more realistic football adventure at Ilson.

Still we can console yourselves with thoughts of a new mouthwatering, money-spinning derby with Solihull Moors FC...

So you mean it’s not like Champ Manager?

LaxtonLad
08-12-2018, 08:01 PM

Any others?

Top of that list should be Jones, he offers no problem to a bright winger and is really just a shirt wandering about, looking lost.
I was almost alone last season in saying Milsom was over-rated, now he's back. He was nothing more than OK for a few games but now just a shadow flitting around in an important positon.
Hewitt, runs about a bit - that's it.
Vaughn and Husin, the laundry staff must love them - never a speck of dirt or sweat on shirt or shorts.
Brisley, has lost confidence and can't improve while the crowd gets on to him, a vicious circus, shame really.
Duffy, for some strange reason doesn't seem to like a competent centre-half alongside him.
Evina, just not interested.
Thomas, an unnesseccary signing, makes up the numbers though, good at that.

macse15
08-12-2018, 08:52 PM
[QUOTE=MAD_MAGPIE;39082340]There is only one player out of contract at the end of the month and that is Milsom.

Hardy will walk? Not that easy when he owns the club. He would need to find a buyer and I doubt there’ll be a queue

Bohinen
08-12-2018, 08:54 PM

He is definitely a good prospect long term and would have been a sensible appointment in the summer without the pressure we are now under. But coming off an awful run at Wimbledon was not ideal for him. And time won't stop him playing 4-5-1, which over and over again has been shown not to work for us. We need at least mid-table form from here on in, and I don't see how he will get it from this squad. But we may as well go down with a bang and not a whimper by attacking the dross League 2 teams we make to look like Barcelona.

nw6pie
08-12-2018, 09:12 PM
I'm not sure putting bench-warmers into the first team just because "They couldn't do any worse" is a good idea, they certainly could do a LOT worse, lose a few more games, for instance. There is a reason why the three possibles you name aren't playing and it's not because the first team are competent footballers.

Husin has demonstrated time and again he can do a lot worse. As for Patching, I’m beginning to think we signed him from Man City Ladies - because he doesn’t look cut out for the men’s game.

Crawford might be worth a game, even though he seems pretty anonymous when he comes on as sub. Same with Kellett, but I’m clutching at straws here. Don’t know how long Alessandra is out for - he’s the only player who can dribble with it from the centre of midfield (although Hewitt did have a great run in the Carlisle game, so maybe he should play the role they gave to Vaughan today?).

I also think we need to send Mark Stallard on holiday again - his record this season is something like no wins in 17 games, which is even worse than the players.

Big Bob
08-12-2018, 09:18 PM
Get rid of the lot and start again

SwalePie
08-12-2018, 09:22 PM
I also think we need to send Mark Stallard on holiday again

Or re-sign him.

Bohinen
08-12-2018, 09:25 PM
Husin has demonstrated time and again he can do a lot worse. As for Patching, I’m beginning to think we signed him from Man City Ladies - because he doesn’t look cut out for the men’s game.

Crawford might be worth a game, even though he seems pretty anonymous when he comes on as sub. Same with Kellett, but I’m clutching at straws here.

I don't mean to come across as homophobic, because really I'm not, but all these players are Nancies. He need some hard men.

SwalePie
08-12-2018, 09:31 PM
I don't mean to come across as homophobic, because really I'm not, but all these players are Nancies. He need some hard men.

I know what you mean, we need to have the tough guys in place to allow the pretty boys to do their stuff. Think we need more Bishop and Ravenhill (a centre-of-the-park Turley would do!) to free up the Alan Judge and Ben Davies types (if only!)

Mark_Ross
08-12-2018, 10:31 PM
I know this is a daft question: How have we ended up with a huge squad comprised almost entirely of mediocre to poor players?

And so is this: Why not have half the number of at least average players?

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
08-12-2018, 11:59 PM
Whichever manager signed the individual crap player they are always okayed or sanctioned by either the chairman or the ceo, so the blame lies at the absolute top of this almighty mess !

McCullochisGod
09-12-2018, 01:54 AM

Mutual consent will mean paying up the contract at that stage of a season, they won't walk away on the cheap and why should they?

McCullochisGod
09-12-2018, 01:56 AM
I know what you mean, we need to have the tough guys in place to allow the pretty boys to do their stuff. Think we need more Bishop and Ravenhill (a centre-of-the-park Turley would do!) to free up the Alan Judge and Ben Davies types (if only!)

Maybe McParland wasn't that bad after all? Didn't he sign these players?

McCullochisGod
09-12-2018, 01:58 AM
Whichever manager signed the individual crap player they are always okayed or sanctioned by either the chairman or the ceo, so the blame lies at the absolute top of this almighty mess !

You can't say that Happy, you will be in the bitter club with me ha ha ha but you are absolutely right!

McCullochisGod
09-12-2018, 02:01 AM

And who will want these players in their team? Radford, Dunkirk, Carlton. Probably not and they don't pay 2k a week plus do they!

McCullochisGod
09-12-2018, 02:05 AM
Mmm tricky question this one. Obviously MiG and all the Vlad-people but beyond that I don't really see any other forum coming in for most of our posters.

Why are you bringing me into this argument, aren't you a mod you pathetic fool.

slack_pie
09-12-2018, 06:33 AM

Yup, we've really painted ourselves into a corner this time.

Personally the only players I'd be interested in keeping are:

Fitz
Tootle (on the off chance he remembers he can be an OK right back if he wants)
Turley
Allesandra
Enzio
Hemmings
Stead

We should be willing to let any of the others go - if anyone will have them. The problem is, not only do Notts tend to sign players that literally no other league club would have, we tend to do so on wages that no other league would be willing to spend. It's ****ing farcical, and it's been happening for years now, regardless of the owner or manager.

Every year we say the same things: we need quality, not quantity. We need a squad of 22, plus the odd loanee to boost the ranks. We need a complete overhaul. But it happens, again and again, no matter what.

I'm honestly done with any kind of optimism now. The very best we can hope for is that things don't get any worse, but given that things can get worse, I'll assume that they probably will. And if we do go down, we'll bloody well deserve it - not the fans, of course, but due to the ridiculous way this club has been run for almost ten years now.

Simon the Pieman
09-12-2018, 08:21 AM
Yes, down to who should be kept, in an ideal world. Maybe Ardley may just make a silk purse. I am forever hopeful. I do wonder though if this lot are professional footbalkers how many talented guys missed the boat and are "should have beens". Who signed some of this hopeless drivel when they started? Were they ever any good?

McCullochisGod
09-12-2018, 11:26 AM
Yup, we've really painted ourselves into a corner this time.

Personally the only players I'd be interested in keeping are:

Fitz
Tootle (on the off chance he remembers he can be an OK right back if he wants)
Turley
Allesandra
Enzio
Hemmings
Stead

We should be willing to let any of the others go - if anyone will have them. The problem is, not only do Notts tend to sign players that literally no other league club would have, we tend to do so on wages that no other league would be willing to spend. It's ****ing farcical, and it's been happening for years now, regardless of the owner or manager.

Every year we say the same things: we need quality, not quantity. We need a squad of 22, plus the odd loanee to boost the ranks. We need a complete overhaul. But it happens, again and again, no matter what.

I'm honestly done with any kind of optimism now. The very best we can hope for is that things don't get any worse, but given that things can get worse, I'll assume that they probably will. And if we do go down, we'll bloody well deserve it - not the fans, of course, but due to the ridiculous way this club has been run for almost ten years now.

Totally agree with your post. It turns farcical when owners want to be managers and coaches but unfortunately they never learn, even when they've done their nuts or bo ---ks trying.

SwalePie
09-12-2018, 12:38 PM
Maybe McParland wasn't that bad after all? Didn't he sign these players?

I believe so MiG. I'm not a member of the anti-Charlie brigade btw ;)

SwalePie
09-12-2018, 12:40 PM
Why are you bringing me into this argument, aren't you a mod you pathetic fool.

Mmm. Tricky one this. As a moderator I now have to decide whether your 'pathetic fool' is a personal insult to another poster. :o

Temptation is strong but, as a grown up, I'm going to patronisingly give you the benefit of the doubt in the most condescending manner possible. That OK you charming chap? I think you need a sense of humour implant if you can't see that I was humorously replying to the original thread title, not bringing you into any arguments.

McCullochisGod
09-12-2018, 01:18 PM
Mmm. Tricky one this. As a moderator I now have to decide whether your 'pathetic fool' is a personal insult to another poster. :o

Temptation is strong but, as a grown up, I'm going to patronisingly give you the benefit of the doubt in the most condescending manner possible. That OK you charming chap? I think you need a sense of humour implant if you can't see that I was humorously replying to the original thread title, not bringing you into any arguments.

That's your attempt at humour? You must be a real crowd pleaser at parties, I bet you have em in stitches!

SwalePie
09-12-2018, 01:21 PM
That's your attempt at humour? You must be a real crowd pleaser at parties, I bet you have em in stitches!

Why yes I do! You are a card.

Disturbed
09-12-2018, 01:47 PM
Would you take them on loan & pay 50% of the wages. NO, I thought not, wake up smell the coffee.

No I wouldn't take them on loan and I wouldn't have any of them in my squad if I was a manager, but that is not saying that some other team manager thinks the same. I mean, most of these players make the starting 11 for Notts, so maybe some team would take them.
Like I said in another post on here, it would be worth a try to farm them out and paying 50% of the wage would be a sweetner for another team to take them.

Disturbed
09-12-2018, 01:52 PM

They may do alot worse, but playing the same established players week in week out is doing great isn't it? All I am saying is that the current team selection hasn't worked for two managers so far, and they have used the same players, so why not try a change. For christs sake, we have not won in 9 matches, the football is shocking and most fans expect a loss when they see the same team, so why not try something else?

Disturbed
09-12-2018, 02:05 PM
Disturbed, in one post you suggest loaning our players and asking for 50%, and in the next suggesting that the same players are good enough to grace the EMPAL. Are the clubs in the EMPAL paying decent money? If you know any of the chairmen get them to drop me a line, reckon I could earn a bundle given that League isn’t good enough to lace my boots...

If you read what I had written, then you would see that I said "Most of the players listed would not even make a starting place for a team in the Sunday morning EMPAL league in my opinion" as they are crap.

Bridg4d_Pie_
09-12-2018, 06:56 PM
No I wouldn't take them on loan and I wouldn't have any of them in my squad if I was a manager, but that is not saying that some other team manager thinks the same. I mean, most of these players make the starting 11 for Notts, so maybe some team would take them.
Like I said in another post on here, it would be worth a try to farm them out and paying 50% of the wage would be a sweetner for another team to take them.

About as sweet as a Lemon. Most clubs would not pay their 50% of the players wages in Washers.

Woodsetts_Pie
09-12-2018, 07:01 PM
Is it beyond hope that some of the players at the club at the moment realise themselves that they have no future/are playing above their level, and therefore ask to leave? If my career was stagnating at the company I worked for, I'd be looking myself to get out.

Bohinen
09-12-2018, 07:37 PM
Is it beyond hope that some of the players at the club at the moment realise themselves that they have no future/are playing above their level, and therefore ask to leave? If my career was stagnating at the company I worked for, I'd be looking myself to get out.

You are mistaking our players for people with self respect

navypie
09-12-2018, 07:55 PM

What a load of b0ll0x. I bet every player we have thinks their good enough. I would also imagine most of them have young families to provide for so why would they voluntary leave?

Woodsetts_Pie
09-12-2018, 09:31 PM
What a load of b0ll0x. I bet every player we have thinks their good enough. I would also imagine most of them have young families to provide for so why would they voluntary leave?

The answer is they more than likely wouldn't, but I left the match on Saturday trying to put myself in the shoes of someone who was part of a team in a workplace, knowing I wasn't wanted. What would I do? I'd try to manage my own exit asap, - tell my manager that I wanted out at the next available opportunity. Yes, staying put and taking the £ is one option but in a career as short and as delicate as football that serves no-one.

They might think they are good enough as one of 20, and stick it out. But as one of 35 it's a different equation...
Just a thought.

nw6pie
09-12-2018, 09:36 PM

It’s interesting looking at Mansfield, because they’ve got strength in the key positions - centre half, centre midfield, on the wings, which let them play with two pretty lightweight forwards who could stretch our slow back four and also drop back to collect the ball. Bishop was never the quickest, but he didn’t need to be against our lightweights like Milsom and Vaughan.

We were hoofing the ball in the general direction of Stead and hoping for the best. We won more second balls in the first 45 minutes than in most games this season, but again completely disappeared n the second half when they went up a gear and we had no response. Perhaps the biggest worry all season is the repeated gulf in class that seems to exist between us and most other teams (even bloody Cheltenham Town).

And before we start plotting away games at Solihull Moors next season, just remember that they’re currently in a playoff position - even if their last home league game attracted a grand total of 794 spectators.

slack_pie
10-12-2018, 06:23 AM
The answer is they more than likely wouldn't, but I left the match on Saturday trying to put myself in the shoes of someone who was part of a team in a workplace, knowing I wasn't wanted. What would I do? I'd try to manage my own exit asap, - tell my manager that I wanted out at the next available opportunity. Yes, staying put and taking the £ is one option but in a career as short and as delicate as football that serves no-one.

They might think they are good enough as one of 20, and stick it out. But as one of 35 it's a different equation...
Just a thought.

That's true, but what if you were being paid probably twice as much as you'd get elsewhere? Given how short their careers are, some footballers will just want to take the money while they can. And as much as we like to go on about how unhappy they must be not playing, I'd bloody well love to get paid 100k a year for training 4 days a week. Also, you have to consider the mentality of these players - their confidence is smashed. It takes a confident player to engineer a move away from a club and go and prove themselves somewhere else.

Make no mistake, it'll be bloody hard to shift these players. The best we can hope for is to let them go to another club for free, but I doubt there are any clubs out there willing to match their wages. The only people we could easily shift are the exact players we need to keep - Hemmings and Enzio. And even then, we'd have to sell them for probably a third of what we bought them for.

slack_pie
10-12-2018, 06:28 AM
It’s interesting looking at Mansfield, because they’ve got strength in the key positions - centre half, centre midfield, on the wings, which let them play with two pretty lightweight forwards who could stretch our slow back four and also drop back to collect the ball. Bishop was never the quickest, but he didn’t need to be against our lightweights like Milsom and Vaughan.

We were hoofing the ball in the general direction of Stead and hoping for the best. We won more second balls in the first 45 minutes than in most games this season, but again completely disappeared n the second half when they went up a gear and we had no response. Perhaps the biggest worry all season is the repeated gulf in class that seems to exist between us and most other teams (even bloody Cheltenham Town).

And before we start plotting away games at Solihull Moors next season, just remember that they’re currently in a playoff position - even if their last home league game attracted a grand total of 794 spectators.

Mansfield looked strong in every department. The balance of their team was perfect really, and they are a great example of how wing-backs can work well. If you have two decent wing-backs, it's like you gain an extra man in midfield. What surprised me is how easy it was for them to get through on goal. I know their forwards are rapid, but even when we played Enzio up front, we never managed to get him in behind defenders like that. There was so much movement from their forwards that we couldn't cope, and they had the midfielders to pick the right pass. They are absolutely miles away from where we are right now. Even when we had everyone fit, we were pretty one dimensional with our attacks - give it to Enzio and see what happens, or just pass it around and lose it.

SmiffyPie
10-12-2018, 07:12 AM
....staying put and taking the £ is one option but in a career as short and as delicate as football that serves no-one. But that is the very reason why they will stay until pushed.

jonnyt1
10-12-2018, 08:07 AM
I think it would be simpler to ask who stays. In this instance it's hard to get past single digits.

TheProphet
10-12-2018, 12:20 PM
Let's not forget what a good manager can do.
Nolan came in and got some awful players into the play offs, it's not impossible that some will find their form and confidence under Ardley this time around.

MagpieMike
10-12-2018, 01:03 PM
Let's not forget what a good manager can do.
Nolan came in and got some awful players into the play offs, it's not impossible that some will find their form and confidence under Ardley this time around.

This. The team is so low in confidence that most division 2 players would look poor in our team. Work on the training ground, bring one or two loans in - carefully chosen, ship a couple out, and get a bit more luck...especially with injuries.

We just need that first break, any kind of win to start us off.

Notts78
10-12-2018, 02:06 PM
The way people are talking, we are in a worst position than what we were 2 years ago. This time 2 years ago we were about 4 games in to a 10 game losing streak. Look what happened then. A couple of players and bosh, mid table in no time. Here is hoping that history is repeated.

i961pie
10-12-2018, 05:10 PM

So you are saying the chairman should decide who signs for Notts then? Why bother with a manager if that is the case?
One minute it's a case of the chairman should not interfere and now it's his fault for who the manager signs??????

nw6pie
10-12-2018, 06:03 PM
The way people are talking, we are in a worst position than what we were 2 years ago. This time 2 years ago we were about 4 games in to a 10 game losing streak. Look what happened then. A couple of players and bosh, mid table in no time. Here is hoping that history is repeated.

When Nolan came in, I think we signed five or six players - Shola, Grant, Bola, Yates, the forward from West Brom (Campbell?) - they’re the ones I remember, anyway. Shola and Grant gave us an instant goal threat and we started to move away from danger. We also became very difficult to beat at home.

Given our already bloated squad, I can’t see how we can hope to ship out enough to get five or six in - and we’re definitely very weak in five or six positions.

Bohinen
10-12-2018, 06:16 PM
When Nolan came in, I think we signed five or six players - Shola, Grant, Bola, Yates, the forward from West Brom (Campbell?) - they’re the ones I remember, anyway. Shola and Grant gave us an instant goal threat and we started to move away from danger. We also became very difficult to beat at home.

Given our already bloated squad, I can’t see how we can hope to ship out enough to get five or six in - and we’re definitely very weak in five or six positions.

Yes, all that and also, Nolan had Newcastle connections that enabled us to get Shola and Hardy was still speaking to Forest (Gary Brazil?) and was able to secure Grant. Bola also made a big contribution and I'm not sure whose idea that was, maybe Fletcher had Arsenal contacts. I really don't see either Ardley or Hart being so well connected, unless our DoF has access to a time machine.

karl wheatly
10-12-2018, 06:58 PM
Our best bet of 'getting rid ' of players is the hope that if/when Nolan lands another job he signs them. After all he was the chump who re-signed them - twice in some cases!!

Unfortunately he didn't fancy the high risk of two sackings in the same season, by taking on the job affered at AFC Wimbledon and he was passed over for the vacancy at Shrewsbury Town. I'm sure he'll get another chance though, hopefully before January so we can bundle all his cr@p signings off in one go.

Highly unlikely I know, but here's hoping !!

Mark_Ross
10-12-2018, 07:52 PM
This. The team is so low in confidence that most division 2 players would look poor in our team. Work on the training ground, bring one or two loans in - carefully chosen, ship a couple out, and get a bit more luck...especially with injuries.

We had our break - three lucky wins in a week - and the shyte returned with avengence.

SwalePie
10-12-2018, 08:43 PM

Yep, one win, however flukey, and we'll see the weight start to lift from their shoulders I reckon.

SwalePie
10-12-2018, 08:43 PM

Exactly right. Let's keep on supporting.

MancMagpie
11-12-2018, 01:11 AM
Its easier to say who to keep to be honest.

Keep:

Fitz
Turley
Ward
Brisley (just)
Milsom (For sub purposes)
Hewitt
Patching
Alessandra
Stead
Hemmings
Enzio

mark45
11-12-2018, 01:16 PM
Cannot imagine there will be many changes to the squad with alot going out. Also hearing Hardy has a few financial issues at the moment with Paragon and other personal issues.

Notts78
11-12-2018, 02:44 PM
We will have to cut the cloth accordingly. I would be happy with 6-8 out and 3 in. As long as that involves 3 players with some ability, heart and leadership.

LaxtonLad
11-12-2018, 04:01 PM
Mansfield looked strong in every department. The balance of their team was perfect really, and they are a great example of how wing-backs can work well. If you have two decent wing-backs, it's like you gain an extra man in midfield. What surprised me is how easy it was for them to get through on goal. I know their forwards are rapid, but even when we played Enzio up front, we never managed to get him in behind defenders like that. There was so much movement from their forwards that we couldn't cope, and they had the midfielders to pick the right pass. They are absolutely miles away from where we are right now. Even when we had everyone fit, we were pretty one dimensional with our attacks - give it to Enzio and see what happens, or just pass it around and lose it.

Apart from the Swindon game, EVERY time I've watched Notts this season the lack of movement out of defence and through midfield has been appallingly slow with the opposition easily anticipating the next pass - or should I say lob. There is so little awareness among the players of what is around them and that perhaps they should move into space, it's almost as if each would prefer the ball was passed to someone else. I would prefer a midfielder who can think quickly and move, to one who is clever but workshy.

countygump
19-12-2018, 08:51 AM
We will have to cut the cloth accordingly. I would be happy with 6-8 out and 3 in. As long as that involves 3 players with some ability, heart and leadership.

Eeek !!!

nay123
19-12-2018, 09:37 AM
Ho dear America to Bradford

Bohinen
19-12-2018, 09:55 AM
The loan players would obviously be the easiest to shift, but NA seems to like Davies, and Milsom is playing regularly, so that leaves just Ben Hall who is surplus to requirements. We are not in the position to pay the wages of injured players who we don't even own .Are Patching and Crawford on short term contracts? I don't see the point of them. All the rest will take some shifting, much as we might like to see the back of Duffy. The interest in Stead shows the problem we have, other clubs will only want our best players.

drillerpie
19-12-2018, 09:59 AM
Eeek !!!

Hmm that's a difficult one. Six months ago everyone wanted him out the building ASAP, now he's seen as a fundamental part of our team.

We've looked better since he came back from injury, but we've got two pretty good League 2 strikers on the books in Hemmings and Dennis plus Enzio to come back.

He'll be on good wages and if it means being able to bring a midfield general in will that improve us as a whole?

drillerpie
19-12-2018, 10:03 AM
The loan players would obviously be the easiest to shift, but NA seems to like Davies, and Milsom is playing regularly, so that leaves just Ben Hall who is surplus to requirements. We are not in the position to pay the wages of injured players who we don't even own .Are Patching and Crawford on short term contracts? I don't see the point of them. All the rest will take some shifting, much as we might like to see the back of Duffy. The interest in Stead shows the problem we have, other clubs will only want our best players.

Patching and Crawford are here until the end of next season I think. I'd like to see Crawford get more game time but we need to decide whether to play them or loan them out to Conference sides for the rest of the season. Same with Husin who might not be in Ardley's plans and will want to play football seeing as his contract runs out soon.

i961pie
19-12-2018, 11:59 AM
Hmm that's a difficult one. Six months ago everyone wanted him out the building ASAP, now he's seen as a fundamental part of our team.

We've looked better since he came back from injury, but we've got two pretty good League 2 strikers on the books in Hemmings and Dennis plus Enzio to come back.

He'll be on good wages and if it means being able to bring a midfield general in will that improve us as a whole?

At this moment in time he is the last player we want to leave imo.
Not only for the work he does on the pitch but his positive attitude off it especially in the dressing room.
Did you see Ardley go over to him after the game and gave him a long hug, great pro who we desperately need.

drillerpie
19-12-2018, 12:57 PM
Not only for the work he does on the pitch but his positive attitude off it especially in the dressing room.
Did you see Ardley go over to him after the game and gave him a long hug, great pro who we desperately need.

I actually agree but playing devil's advocate, he's a great pro in a position we have quite a lot of cover in, whose salary could pay for a great pro in an area where we are extremely weak, like central midfield.

keldsyke
19-12-2018, 01:05 PM
Hmm that's a difficult one. Six months ago everyone wanted him out

Not everyone, some of us have seen what he brings to the team over a period of time.

drillerpie
19-12-2018, 01:25 PM
Not everyone, some of us have seen what he brings to the team over a period of time.

Over 75% of people I'd say. Probably over 90% wanted our goalkeeper out too and he's now one of our most consistent players!

navypie
19-12-2018, 01:31 PM
Eeek !!!

Heard that Chaventry might be in for Dennis the Menace.

Chicken Balti Pie
19-12-2018, 01:33 PM
Over 75% of people I'd say. Probably over 90% wanted our goalkeeper out too and he's now one of our most consistent players!

The keeper has improved but I'd still like to see a new goalie in January! He's at least saving more shots now but he's still suspect, Tranmere's first for me raised a question mark and he still isn't anywhere near commanding enough!

SwalePie
19-12-2018, 01:36 PM
Tootle in demand elsewhere?

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/plymouth-argyle-battle-bradford-city-2343900

slack_pie
19-12-2018, 01:46 PM

I absolutely agree. No point getting rid of our best player, captain and leader unless we are guaranteed to replace him with someone better - which I think is very likely to happen given our league position.

slack_pie
19-12-2018, 01:48 PM

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/plymouth-argyle-battle-bradford-city-2343900

Bloody hell, he'd be lucky to get a move to Luton given his form this season.

I'd be sad to see him go, but he hasn't been at his best (or available) for a while now.

Chicken Balti Pie
19-12-2018, 02:57 PM

He's not played much and when he has he's not really Been at the races so would cash in. Saying that, the source is an "ex agent" on Twitter, you know the sort that throw stuff out there but it's completely rubbish

i961pie
19-12-2018, 04:33 PM
I absolutely agree. No point getting rid of our best player, captain and leader unless we are guaranteed to replace him with someone better - which I think is very likely to happen given our league position.

Did you mean unlikely?

navypie
19-12-2018, 06:11 PM
The keeper has improved but I'd still like to see a new goalie in January! He's at least saving more shots now but he's still suspect, Tranmere's first for me raised a question mark and he still isn't anywhere near commanding enough!

If he wasn't " suspect" he wouldn't be in League 2. Fitz is more than competent at our level.

slack_pie
19-12-2018, 07:21 PM
Did you mean unlikely?

Yes!

countygump
19-12-2018, 07:32 PM

Cracking photo from Mr Westwell.

gozzie321
19-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Stead is the last player we want out in my opinion, he is the one player who gives his all in every game. We got rid of the experience of Ameobi, Smith and Edwards, and look where that's got us.

navypie
19-12-2018, 08:00 PM

Cracking photo from Mr Westwell.

Great photo. Who would blame Stead if he left ?. The man's nearing the end of his footballing days and got his family to think off.

MAD_MAGPIE
19-12-2018, 08:46 PM

I’ve never wanted Jon Stead out of the club and have made it clear my thoughts on this message board. Some people just cannot see what qualities he has and brings to the team not only on the field but off it. His wealth of knowledge and experience is invaluable for the younger squad members. He works hard and is a consummate professional who sets an example for others to follow. It’s no coincidence that he gets given the captains armband.

What we should not be doing though is relying on Jon Stead week in and week out. Just like Hughes in his career twilight they need to be managed correctly. The idea of having Hemmings, Enzio and Dennis was so that Jon Stead could be used sparingly this season.

Jon Stead leaving in January would be madness. We need goals to keep us in the football league especially with our leaky defence and he has a very important part to play in the second half of the season.

Not that anyone is out of contract, but It’s deadwood that needs to be cut out of this squad not experienced senior pros like Jon Stead.

Bridg4d_Pie_
19-12-2018, 08:52 PM
Stead is the last player we want out in my opinion, he is the one player who gives his all in every game. We got rid of the experience of Ameobi, Smith and Edwards, and look where that's got us.

Precisely.

Elite_Pie
19-12-2018, 09:22 PM
I’ve never wanted Jon Stead out of the club and have made it clear my thoughts on this message board. Some people just cannot see what qualities he has and brings to the team not only on the field but off it. His wealth of knowledge and experience is invaluable for the younger squad members. He works hard and is a consummate professional who sets an example for others to follow. It’s no coincidence that he gets given the captains armband.

What we should not be doing though is relying on Jon Stead week in and week out. Just like Hughes in his career twilight they need to be managed correctly. The idea of having Hemmings, Enzio and Dennis was so that Jon Stead could be used sparingly this season.

Jon Stead leaving in January would be madness. We need goals to keep us in the football league especially with our leaky defence and he has a very important part to play in the second half of the season.

Not that anyone is out of contract, but It’s deadwood that needs to be cut out of this squad not experienced senior pros like Jon Stead.

I agree with all that. I just wish I had posted my thoughts pre-season so I could do a bit of 'I told you so' gloating now! A lot on here were saying we should have got rid, and to be honest when we signed Dennis and Hemmings I thought Stead would provide high quality back up and wouldn't just take a wage to see out his contract. Because he's the consummate professional, he's gone further than that and opted to grab the shirt and make the others take it off him, which they haven't done enough to do.

navypie
19-12-2018, 10:40 PM
My lad wanted Stead gone. I thought he still had something to offer. My lad now thinks he's Notts best player.

slack_pie
20-12-2018, 06:38 AM
I agree with all that. I just wish I had posted my thoughts pre-season so I could do a bit of 'I told you so' gloating now! A lot on here were saying we should have got rid, and to be honest when we signed Dennis and Hemmings I thought Stead would provide high quality back up and wouldn't just take a wage to see out his contract. Because he's the consummate professional, he's gone further than that and opted to grab the shirt and make the others take it off him, which they haven't done enough to do.

I freely admit that I wanted Stead gone over the summer. I thought he had an average campaign last year, and was clearly outshone by Shola (when he was fit). Plus the fact he was our highest earner at the time. But boy has he proven me wrong this season.

The guy has been immense so far - a shining light in a dark season. So yeah, it would be madness to lose him at this point. Basically, if everyone had Jon Stead's attitude, we'd be way up the table already.

ncfcog
20-12-2018, 08:46 AM
I remember being lambasted over the summer for stating Stead still had a part to play for us this season . . . extremely pleased to have been proven right for once!

LaxtonLad
20-12-2018, 10:11 AM
Plus the fact he was our highest earner at the time.
The "fact"? It's often quoted on here without figures to back it up, but without genuine information to back it up it's just rumour and speculation, so how do you know it's a fact?

slack_pie
20-12-2018, 11:48 AM
The "fact"? It's often quoted on here without figures to back it up, but without genuine information to back it up it's just rumour and speculation, so how do you know it's a fact?

Just what I've heard. This video, for example, put Stead as one of the top 7 best paid players in L2 last year. But given the person who made it thought Northmapton were in L2 last year, who knows how accurate it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkqV021JvmA

But yeah, without personally viewing every player's pay check, we can't ever know for sure.

It's fair to say with a fair degree of certainty that if he wasn't the highest earner last year, he was one of them.

Nigel_M
20-12-2018, 12:27 PM
Stead has clearly been one of our less bad players so far this season. He's also the closest we have to a target man (albeit not a natural one) and given our style of play, and lack of ability to play through teams, he has to play.

However I do fear that the reason he's looked good is not because he's better than he was last year but because the overall team performance levels have declined so far. It's ironic that his 2 best spells for Notts have come in the first half of the 2016-17 season and the first half of this season - and both times we've got to Christmas in relegation trouble.

SwalePie
20-12-2018, 01:31 PM
No contact for Tootle apparently

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/no-contact-plymouth-argyle-notts-2348470

ncfcog
20-12-2018, 02:17 PM
No contact for Tootle apparently

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/no-contact-plymouth-argyle-notts-2348470

Just been to ML to pick up some tickets for Boxing Day and walked right past Tootle as didn't recognise it was him until it was too late. If I'd had my wits about me the transfer rumours and his fitness/injury would have been the two things I would have quizzed him about . . . opportunity lost, sorry.

tactition
20-12-2018, 05:35 PM
Needs to go,can't tackle,scared stiff when he has the ball within 10yds of any opposing player.Trys to hide during the game.And any manager that can't see this should not be managing and should go also.

Elite_Pie
20-12-2018, 06:07 PM
Needs to go,can't tackle,scared stiff when he has the ball within 10yds of any opposing player.Trys to hide during the game.And any manager that can't see this should not be managing and should go also.

I'd check your space bar if I was you, it seems to be broken.

Moreton_Pie
21-12-2018, 08:32 PM
Butwouldyouconcurrregardinghis sypnopsisandmylackofspellingelite?

Elite_Pie
21-12-2018, 08:59 PM
Butwouldyouconcurrregardinghis sypnopsisandmylackofspellingelite?

Basedonwhatwe'vegotinthesquad,no.

Simon the Pieman
22-12-2018, 09:09 AM
Neil Ardley knows best. In fact in my humble Viren; the best manager we've had for years. He'll do the right thing.
Merry Christmas to you all.

tactition
22-12-2018, 09:16 AM
The thread asks,Jan. clear out ? Who goes? . Not spelling, punctuation or indeed based on the current squad.

The players that are clearly not good enough need to go to make room for a better quality player.

Hewitt falls into this category, the failings or success of the defence rely , not always on the protection offered by the midfield.

Bridg4d_Pie_
22-12-2018, 09:53 AM
I'd check your space bar if I was you, it seems to be broken.

I would also have your knowledge, ref assessment of footballers verified too, you seem to fall into the Bell End category shall we say as it is the Season of Good Will.

Elite_Pie
22-12-2018, 11:38 AM
I would also have your knowledge, ref assessment of footballers verified too, you seem to fall into the Bell End category shall we say as it is the Season of Good Will.

What assessment would that be? The only one I've made is that I wouldn't get rid of Hewitt based on the current squad options. If we can get someone better next month then get rid by all means.

magpie_mania
22-12-2018, 01:13 PM
Neil Ardley knows best. In fact in my humble Viren; the best manager we've had for years. He'll do the right thing.
Merry Christmas to you all.

I really like him .... but I think 'the best manager we've had for years' after 1 win in the first 3 games is a bit premature!

CheltenhamPie
22-12-2018, 01:17 PM
I really like him .... but I think 'the best manager we've had for years' after 1 win in the first 3 games is a bit premature!

I agree with your comment. However, I think it shows how desperate us long suffering supporters of Notts are.

Bridg4d_Pie_
22-12-2018, 02:55 PM

Apologies if you misunderstood Elite I was i fact referring to Traction's post not yours l was indeed on the contrary agreeing with you.
Happy Xmas.

Elite_Pie
22-12-2018, 03:55 PM
Apologies if you misunderstood Elite I was i fact referring to Traction's post not yours l was indeed on the contrary agreeing with you.
Happy Xmas.

No problem, I get it now. I thought as you quoted my post you were talking to me. Happy Xmas to you also.

Bridg4d_Pie_
22-12-2018, 04:25 PM
No problem, I get it now. I thought as you quoted my post you were talking to me. Happy Xmas to you also.

We've certainly got it this afternoon Elite.

tactition
22-12-2018, 04:38 PM
Sorry to drop to your level but you have obviously spent too much time pulling your own.Go and bore someone else.

jacobncfc
22-12-2018, 07:11 PM
If Fitzsimons, Turley and Ward are still playing regularly come the end of January, we’ll be relegated. They are all genuinely terrible.

We won’t get Collin back, but the obvious change that Ardley needs to makenis reverting to the back four which served us so well last season.

Warnocks Legends
22-12-2018, 11:37 PM
Tactition, I'm afraid there are a few on here think they are somehow elite to us and quote spelling, grammar etc. They have no real interest in discussing matters of our dear club. Just leering from the sidelines with their pompous judgement of others typing, sad people have nothing better to do.

tactition
23-12-2018, 08:01 AM
Tactition, I'm afraid there are a few on here think they are somehow elite to us and quote spelling, grammar etc. They have no real interest in discussing matters of our dear club. Just leering from the sidelines with their pompous judgement of others typing, sad people have nothing better to do.

Thanks for that, I couldn't agree more.

navypie
23-12-2018, 02:30 PM

Well said Warnocks. Unfortunately the likes of elite and sid place too much importance on wether someone uses of or off . That and they also love to belittle people. Welcome tactition.

Elite_Pie
23-12-2018, 02:31 PM
Well said Warnocks. Unfortunately the likes of elite and sid place too much importance on wether someone uses of or off . That and they also love to belittle people. Welcome tactition.

Also people who put wether instead of whether. Or did you mean weather?

Merry Christmas shipmate.

LaxtonLad
23-12-2018, 02:48 PM
If Fitzsimons, Turley and Ward are still playing regularly come the end of January, we’ll be relegated. They are all genuinely terrible.

Replace those three and we'll be laughing, eh? Home and dry 'cos all the rest are really good.

navypie
23-12-2018, 03:27 PM
Also people who put wether instead of whether. Or did you mean weather?

Merry Christmas shipmate.

I knew it didn't look right. Spacebar, please!! If you feel the need to argue elite just turn the heating off ( or of ) not long after the wife as turned it on. Works for me.

Merry Christmas to ( or too ) you.

MAD_MAGPIE
23-12-2018, 04:25 PM
Thinking about it if we have 38 players on the books and regular starters have got us in this place then that means there must be a good 23 players who are not good enough because they don’t get in the team.

So it’s most of that lot that need to be shipped out straight away. Then that pushes those underperformers currently in the first team to the bench, fringes of the squad if new better players come in.

What a load of deadwood and mess this squad is.

ncfcog
23-12-2018, 04:33 PM
Thinking about it if we have 38 players on the books and regular starters have got us in this place then that means there must be a good 23 players who are not good enough because they don’t get in the team.

So it’s most of that lot that need to be shipped out straight away. Then that pushes those underperformers currently in the first team to the bench, fringes of the squad if new better players come in.

What a load of deadwood and mess this squad is.

Yep, just dandy isn’t it!

ncfcog
23-12-2018, 04:41 PM
I think it’s time for a reality check. How many new faces do we think we will see? Of those new faces how likely all of them will hit the ground running and be better than what we already have?

How many of the current sh1te will we be able to offload?

Personally I think the best we can hope for is a battling midfielder and two full backs and I’m not convinced we’ll get that. Regardless of what happens in January if Ardley manages to keep us up this season he should get the freedom of the city!

navypie
23-12-2018, 04:48 PM
I think it’s time for a reality check. How many new faces do we think we will see? Of those new faces how likely all of them will hit the ground running and be better than what we already have?

Personally I think the best we can hope for is a battling midfielder and two full backs and I’m not convinced we’ll get that. Regardless of what happens in January if Ardley manages to keep us up this season he should get the freedom of the city!

My thoughts.

Elite_Pie
23-12-2018, 05:03 PM

There lies the big problem. Most are under contract, and as they are only likely to get offers from non-league on lower wages it means we will have to stump up at least part of their contract to persuade them to leave. I don't know how deep Alan Hardy's pockets are and where we stand with FFP, but it beggars belief that we have got recruitment so horribly wrong yet again. I'm already mentally preparing myself to watch us play the likes of Boreham Wood next season.

navypie
23-12-2018, 05:18 PM
There lies the big problem. Most are under contract, and as they are only likely to get offers from non-league on lower wages it means we will have to stump up at least part of their contract to persuade them to leave. I don't know how deep Alan Hardy's pockets are and where we stand with FFP, but it beggars belief that we have got recruitment so horribly wrong yet again. I'm already mentally preparing myself to watch us play the likes of Boreham Wood next season.

Mentally , I'm preparing for Boreham Wood next season.

ncfcog
23-12-2018, 05:41 PM
True story, I found out last night my neighbour, from London is actually a Boreham Wood fan and he’s already trying to organise next seasons fixtures with me!

GranthamPie
23-12-2018, 05:46 PM
It it were left to me, I would sack..

Fitzsimmons.... calamity Ross
Tootle... sicknote
Hewitt... lightweight
Duffy... there are no words for this bloke
Hall... just go home lad
Chamberlain... you ain’t your brother
Brisley... should have been arrested for impersonation a long time ago
Davies.... enjoy Wales lad.. please stay
Jones... hairdressers mannequin
Vaughan... strolling through his last payday
Thomas... petulant tosspot
Kellett... the invisible man
Husin... the original invisible man
Hawkridge... nice lad... should become a social worker
Milsom... we won’t get fooled again
Dennis... you scored how many?

Sack em... and take on the PFA in court.

i961pie
23-12-2018, 05:59 PM
Get off the fence Grantham;D

navypie
23-12-2018, 06:01 PM

Tootle... sicknote
Hewitt... lightweight
Hall... just go home lad

" tosspot" Loved that.

Bridg4d_Pie_
23-12-2018, 06:02 PM
Get off the fence Grantham;D

He would, but he is impaled. 😜😜😜l

GranthamPie
23-12-2018, 06:10 PM
... as you can see... I’m still bleddy fuming ��

Bridg4d_Pie_
23-12-2018, 06:16 PM

Never l would not have known if you had not said something.

navypie
23-12-2018, 06:17 PM

Yeah you are mate and who would blame you. I hope you make it Boxing Day.

Bohinen
23-12-2018, 07:34 PM

Tootle... sicknote
Hewitt... lightweight
Hall... just go home lad

I'm going with this list, but who is actually left?

MAD_MAGPIE
23-12-2018, 08:58 PM

^^^ This is the truth and reality. It really is a great big mess and will take four transfer windows to sort out this bloated squad of deadwood.

There are roughly 23 out of a squad of 38 players who can’t get in this teams starting 11. For me this means they are not good enough to play league football. What a waste of money.

I guess it will be a case of us bringing in some loan players and hoping they do good. We need players like Lloyd Sam, Daniel Bogdanovic, Calum McGregor and Jorge Grant who in the past have come in and made an instant impact otherwise we are finished as a football league club after 156 years.

countygump
26-12-2018, 07:52 PM
I would keep Toots, Turley, Stead, Hemmings, Alice&Sandra and Bojo.

Get rid of Hart and all the excess baggage we seem to be carrying as well.

Warnocks Legends
26-12-2018, 09:13 PM
So I started by asking who is worthy of keeping, got the usual nodding dogs pouring scorn on me ( strangely quiet these days ). Now the questions should be who the bloody hell is worth keeping? Very few on recent performances .

nw6pie
26-12-2018, 09:34 PM
Much as I love Jon Stead, we desperately need a more physical presence up top - compare him in the last two games to Grimsby and Macclesfield’s big bruisers. We needed either Hemmings or Dennis in the summer, not both, plus a big target man to hold the ball up, bring others into play and get on the end of crosses.