PDA

View Full Version : Allegations against Jamie Robson, again.

TerryTheTerror
10-12-2018, 02:22 PM
Not for the first time it seems the lad needs to learn about being professional.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/dundee/782289/dundee-united-to-quiz-jamie-robson-after-claims-he-blacked-up-for-fancy-dress-costume/

notso
10-12-2018, 05:53 PM
He’s done nothing wrong , can nobody have a laugh nowadays without offending somebody

weegiearab
10-12-2018, 06:06 PM
It's out dated and is considered offence by many...so he shouldn't have been doing it. At a time when we are having a rise in racist chants etc at games, he should have known better. Just daft to be inviting this sort of attention to our players....especially one that ain't performing great. Can't imagine our black players being too chuffed when they see the picture. This lad keeps inviting trouble to both him and the club and should show some more respect to workmates and fans with his actions, he is meant to be a role model FFS. Diversity training all around for our players. Regardless of if you think this is racist or not, it is definitely offensive to others and should have been avoided.

Returnofrros
10-12-2018, 06:23 PM
Defo not racist, offensive to some not all.

We have union reps marching thru the centre of Dundee with people hurling abuse about how white men are Nazis but this guy will get hounded for a fancy dress costume. Strange.

Not my club but I hope Utd tell the courier to **** off and don't pander to the permanently offended.

Shedboy1971
10-12-2018, 06:26 PM
He’s done nothing wrong , can nobody have a laugh nowadays without offending somebody

only if we want to keep him and he was good! This is so shocking he should be sacked :) lol

Shedboy1971
10-12-2018, 06:28 PM

We have union reps marching thru the centre of Dundee with people hurling abuse about how white men are Nazis but this guy will get hounded for a fancy dress costume. Strange.

Not my club but I hope Utd tell the courier to **** off and don't pander to the permanently offended.

Agree - stupid but not racist in my opinion. Guy does have a screw loose mind you.

GUNBOAT
10-12-2018, 06:29 PM
I have got to stick up for Robson on this one,from what i have heard the players picked their costumes out of a hat and had to wear what they were allocated.

offshore_arab83
10-12-2018, 06:36 PM

agreed. the movie white chicks didnt offend anyone when two black guys dressed up as white girls, why should dressing as a lookie lookie man offend anyone?

2018 the year everyone is easily offended, offended by everyone and everything. Think the term 'snowflake' springs to mind...

Whitfieldarab
10-12-2018, 07:02 PM
Wonder what Loemba & Edge thinks about all this?

TerryTheTerror
10-12-2018, 07:03 PM
I have got to stick up for Robson on this one,from what i have heard the players picked their costumes out of a hat and had to wear what they were allocated.

Did it mean he had to black himself up though?

TerryTheTerror
10-12-2018, 07:06 PM
agreed. the movie white chicks didnt offend anyone when two black guys dressed up as white girls, why should dressing as a lookie lookie man offend anyone?

2018 the year everyone is easily offended, offended by everyone and everything. Think the term 'snowflake' springs to mind...

Regardless of what anyone thinks of it personally it was pretty obviously going to be controversial in this day and age. Do the club want publicity like this?

ahlltanyirhide
10-12-2018, 07:53 PM

Have never seen a white lookie lookie vendor, male or female :O reckon it would take the shine off the outfit.

Now if he’d dressed up as the Grand Wizard of the phukkin Ku Klux Klan, then yes, that would be a wee bit oot of order.

Phukkin PC brigade need to take a step back, it was a fancy dress doo ffs

shedka
10-12-2018, 08:32 PM

Agreed x3

GUNBOAT
10-12-2018, 08:39 PM

I have been approached by hundreds of lookie lookie men in my life and not one of them has been white,so yes he had to black up to justify the costume he wore.

TerryTheTerror
10-12-2018, 08:43 PM
That's fine but surely it's fairly obvious a footballer doing this is going to attract negative publicity?

RAM1971
10-12-2018, 08:45 PM
A sad sign of the times. A typical but not unexpected over-reaction. Robson could certainly have acted wiser, but lets's see the matter for what it is, rather than throw him in with ISIS, etc.

Shedboy1971
10-12-2018, 09:04 PM
Sterling shpuld white up in retaliation!!

GUNBOAT
10-12-2018, 09:17 PM
As you get older you begin to realise your nearer the end than the start of your life because you are at odds with the younger generation,am i a racist?,am i homophobic?,i would answer emphatically no to both question's.It is however true that i maybe found guilty on both count's by people 20 or 30 years younger than me for thinking Robson is completely innocent of any crime,that Ruth Davidson the Tory leader in Scotland has a hard neck bringing a baby into this world when she is a lesbian and i find two men kissing in the street disgusting.

ahlltanyirhide
10-12-2018, 09:27 PM
As you get older you begin to realise your nearer the end than the start of your life because you are at odds with the younger generation,am i a racist?,am i homophobic?,i would answer emphatically no to both question's.It is however true that i maybe found guilty on both count's by people 20 or 30 years younger than me for thinking Robson is completely innocent of any crime,that Ruth Davidson the Tory leader in Scotland has a hard neck bringing a baby into this world when she is a lesbian and i find two men kissing in the street disgusting.

Yir no homophobic, but you find two men kissing in the street disgusting? That’s a scratchy heid ain is it no :s

what if it wiz twa fit burds, would you think that’s disgusting?

Chick A Saw
10-12-2018, 09:34 PM

Surprise, surprise, some people see the picture and rage without the full story, and the papers only report the same part of the story and we all have to be outraged! I wonder if it was Loemba or Edje who put that idea in the hat in the first place?

I also wonder how many of the enraged sang along with Jimmy Gomis.....?

GB, i must be of a similar age to you as my views are similar, but too many are allowed to have a tantrum about that and our views are seen as "Racist and Homophobic"! Gonna get worse before it gets better!

GUNBOAT
10-12-2018, 09:51 PM
Yir no homophobic, but you find two men kissing in the street disgusting? That’s a scratchy heid ain is it no :s

When i was young such behaviour would be met by a stretch in the jail and in my opinion that is far too severe,even in their own home's they could be jailed and i still think that is way over the top.What people do in private is up to them and i have no problem with it.
I do have a problem with the leader of Scotland's Tories being on maternity leave at my expense when she is a lesbian,i also have a problem with homo***uals having children as well ,they may well have not chosen the path life paved out for them i completely accept that but in my ancient dinosaur mind children should not be brought into the world by people who based on their gender cannot produce them.

shedka
10-12-2018, 09:55 PM
Don't see the huge deal especially if what GB says is true about pulling out of a hat

In general more is made out of things like this and people hung out to dry in today's UK than for example widespread abuse of white girls by gangs of mainly Pakistani Muslim men etc as we can't be seen to offend by talking truth

Yet if one bully boy that happens to be white and his victim non white he and his family are have to flee the home in through fear after widespread threats due to the snowflakes rounding on them, yet a video of non white bully boys battering a white boy appears, nothing

shed_boy_21
10-12-2018, 10:02 PM
Don't see the huge deal especially if what GB says is true about pulling out of a hat

In general more is made out of things like this and people hung out to dry in today's UK than for example widespread abuse of white girls by gangs of mainly Pakistani Muslim men etc as we can't be seen to offend by talking truth

Yet if one bully boy that happens to be white and his victim non white he and his family are have to flee the home in through fear after widespread threats due to the snowflakes rounding on them, yet a video of non white bully boys battering a white boy appears, nothing

I've seen your Twitter account "Wade". You're a Tommy Robinson loving gammon chunt!!

I wouldn't expect anything less from you on this subject.

deebuster
10-12-2018, 10:05 PM
Blue Mink (no not them) got it right all those yearsago.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAWn4FO1MOw

Returnofrros
10-12-2018, 10:05 PM

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the above but the real sad indictment of the country we live in is the above views used to be mainstream, then frowned upon by the powers that be, now they are borderline illegal if someone takes offence to them.

Its wrong.

People should be free to think what they want.

shedka
10-12-2018, 10:13 PM

Don't really like to see people kissing in the street full stop, just seems a bit attention seeking, two men or otherwise.

About the raising kids thing , I suppose the main thing is a child having a safe loving home environment, why couldn't two women or two men do that? As adoptive parents in the mens case

ahlltanyirhide
10-12-2018, 10:17 PM

Absolutely phukkin spot on

TerryTheTerror
10-12-2018, 10:18 PM
People should be free to think what they want

As far as I'm aware there is no law to folk thinking what they want. Being (not just thinking) racist is against the law, does anyone really think that's wrong?

I'm not saying JR is a racist or what he's done is racism. My argument is he needs to think long and hard about the fact that in his profession he always represents his club, like it or not.

GUNBOAT
10-12-2018, 10:32 PM
Don't really like to see people kissing in the street full stop, just seems a bit attention seeking, two men or otherwise.

About the raising kids thing , I suppose the main thing is a child having a safe loving home environment, why couldn't two women or two men do that? As adoptive parents in the mens case

If you are lesbian or homo***ual i have no problem with it end of story.I do have a problem with my tax being used to support Ruth Davidson having a child and being on maternity leave when she is a lesbian and HER CHOSEN PARTNER has not a cat in hells chance of impregnating her and that's the biggest FACT i have ever posted,FACT.

GUNBOAT
10-12-2018, 10:36 PM
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the above but the real sad indictment of the country we live in is the above views used to be mainstream, then frowned upon by the powers that be, now they are borderline illegal if someone takes offence to them.

Its wrong.

People should be free to think what they want.

That is probably the nearest any DEE has been to me since the 2014 referendum,FACT.

Returnofrros
10-12-2018, 10:38 PM
As far as I'm aware there is no law to folk thinking what they want. Being (not just thinking) racist is against the law, does anyone really think that's wrong?

I'm not saying JR is a racist or what he's done is racism. My argument is he needs to think long and hard about the fact that in his profession he always represents his club, like it or not.

Last post, this ain't my natural habitat but I am interested in the subject (don't see this as just a Utd thing) and knew it would come up here today.

You can be reported for a hate crime if anybody deems what you say or what you do as offensive. As far as I'm aware it must be recorded as an offense.

Being racist is wrong and is a crime but you should still be free from fear of prosecution for expressing views on religeon, race, gender, immigration or anything else really.

And if someone wants to put on a ginger wig, kilt and swig far a bottle of whisky hash on, I wouldn't report them or report them to anybody.

Anyway that's me done.

shedka
10-12-2018, 10:39 PM
I've seen your Twitter account "Wade". You're a Tommy Robinson loving gammon chunt!!

Lol

I don't do social media, Facebook, twitter, Instagram and the like, I stick to forums for that, Nor do I have any feelings either way about Tommy Robinson (positive or negative), hope that's OK!

shedka
10-12-2018, 10:41 PM
Last post, this ain't my natural habitat but I am interested in the subject (don't see this as just a Utd thing) and knew it would come up here today.

You can be reported for a hate crime if anybody deems what you say or what you do as offensive. As far as I'm aware it must be recorded as an offense.

Being racist is wrong and is a crime but you should still be free from fear of prosecution for expressing views on religeon, race, gender, immigration or anything else really.

And if someone wants to put on a ginger wig, kilt and swig far a bottle of whisky hash on, I wouldn't report them or report them to anybody.

Anyway that's me done.

Spot on.

GUNBOAT
10-12-2018, 11:01 PM

Anyway that's me done.

Probably the best post since 2014 from a Dee on this board.

japanarab
11-12-2018, 12:01 AM
I think it's totally racist. Dressing up as someone from another culture and painting your face too---well out of order. Ahem
http://i64.tinypic.com/2wh3sqg.jpg

GUNBOAT
11-12-2018, 12:02 AM

I have to question this post,to be honest i do not know Shedka from Adam however in the glory days on this board when you could express an opinion on politics Shedka was more Andy Robertson than Sandy Jardine and supported the YES campaign of 2014,i find it hard to believe he is being portrayed as being further to the right than Jacob Rees Mogg.

GUNBOAT
11-12-2018, 12:03 AM
I think it's totally racist. Dressing up as someone from another culture and painting your face too---well out of order. Ahem
http://i64.tinypic.com/2wh3sqg.jpg

Brilliant stuff as usual fae the far east,FACT.

japanarab
11-12-2018, 12:10 AM
Brilliant stuff as usual fae the far east,FACT.
Canna claim the credit. Taken from Twitter(from a former poster on here). Gets the point across though. The boys acted daft and nothing more. Prince Harry dressed as a nazi ffs.

GUNBOAT
11-12-2018, 12:22 AM
Canna claim the credit. Taken from Twitter(from a former poster on here). Gets the point across though. The boys acted daft and nothing more. Prince Harry dressed as a nazi ffs.

Aye but his family are German,the young may not remember but Harry belongs to the house of Hannover till it was changed to Windsor.

Chick A Saw
11-12-2018, 12:23 AM

You are correct in that there are quite rightly laws against a multitude of hate crimes. What clouds things though is someone could ask me what my views are on certain subjects and i would tell them, but if the person felt offended by this, they could go to the police and i could be at least questioned. Ask Tim Farron what happened to him?

Chick A Saw
11-12-2018, 12:28 AM

Anyway that's me done.

Wish there were more constructive contributions like this from the other side!

The ginger wig thing i find ironic when ABE t-shirts were taken off sale because they were offensive to the English, but when the shoe is on the other foot......

chiefers
11-12-2018, 09:19 AM
I hate political correctness
You can’t have any views that go against the morally offended without being called a bigot or a dinosaur

RAM1971
11-12-2018, 10:00 AM

Anyway that's me done.

An excellent post and though not quite worthy of upping 'their' trophy count to six, does add more than a hint of blue to our tangerine. Jamie Robson is a silly, immature laddie, who needs a cuff or two on the lug, but he's not racist. It's the definition of racism which is wrong, which has been deliberately created to silence us. Any form of racism or hatred is wrong, but there has to be a sensble approach towards it all.

RAM1971
11-12-2018, 10:03 AM

On both accounts yes.

RAM1971
11-12-2018, 10:05 AM
If you are lesbian or homo***ual i have no problem with it end of story.I do have a problem with my tax being used to support Ruth Davidson having a child and being on maternity leave when she is a lesbian and HER CHOSEN PARTNER has not a cat in hells chance of impregnating her and that's the biggest FACT i have ever posted,FACT.

And this is what is helping to govern us. She has even been touted as a future Prime Mnister. It's no wonder our national Governments are in a worse mess than Tanny!

Whitfieldarab
11-12-2018, 11:25 AM
See if one of my mates turned up at a fancy dress party in that outfit I'd be laughing my tits aff but in all honesty WTF is this idiot thinking?

He's in the public eye.

He's got previous for an idiotic incident on social media

Did it even cross his mind what the black players at Tannadice would think about it?

An absolute numbskull.

offshore_arab83
11-12-2018, 11:26 AM

Anyway that's me done.

Great post!!!!

utd4me
11-12-2018, 06:03 PM
Aye but his family are German,the young may not remember but Harry belongs to the house of Hannover till it was changed to Windsor.

the royal house changed its name from Saxe-Coburg und Gotha around the 1st world war as all things German became very unpopular. and i dont believe jamie robson is racist, just an ill advised made up costume.

petermackie
11-12-2018, 06:10 PM
the royal house changed its name from Saxe-Coburg und Gotha around the 1st world war as all things German became very unpopular. and i dont believe jamie robson is racist, just an ill advised made up costume.

Still funny though

Arabdad
11-12-2018, 06:18 PM
Oh look it's 1972 and the black and white minstrels are back. Is Jamie Robson racist? Probably not. Is he as thick as two shiort planks and needs a boot up the backside? Most definitely.

B4 i go
11-12-2018, 09:08 PM
Maybe he should just deny it who’s to say that its him?

USArab
11-12-2018, 09:32 PM
Oh look it's 1972 and the black and white minstrels are back. Is Jamie Robson racist? Probably not. Is he as thick as two shiort planks and needs a boot up the backside? Most definitely.

What was he thinking? Clearly he wasn’t thinking.....

jjaflup22
12-12-2018, 12:31 AM

^^^ This

jjaflup22
12-12-2018, 12:35 AM

Hmm, it appears to be 1969 rather than 1972.

PartyFears2
12-12-2018, 03:54 AM
I think Neilsons comment on it was pretty much all that had to be said..

PartyFears2
12-12-2018, 03:57 AM
“I spoke to Jamie briefly this morning,” he said.

“I expect the highest of standards from everyone at the club no matter where.

“Whether they are on the training ground, on the pitch or in their social life, so it’s something that the club will deal with internally and it’s something that will be dealt with in the next couple of days.

“I am not going to comment too much on it but, like I say, the standards at this football club have got to be of the highest and we will make sure that we get that.”

GUNBOAT
12-12-2018, 05:53 AM
Hmm, it appears to be 1969 rather than 1972.

If i could change one word in that post in hindsight it would be uncomfortable rather than disgusting,that is truthfully the way i feel.The rest of it i would not change.I also felt uncomfortable when Ruth Davidson walked into an election count hand in hand with her partner wreathed in smiles.
Most posters on here know my political leanings so just to make it perfectly clear i would be uncomfortable if the SNP leader did the same as the Tory,FACT.

TerryTheTerror
12-12-2018, 04:49 PM
Club statement and apology by JR.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/5871/CLUB-STATEMENT-JAMIE-ROBSON.html

Sutherland Arab
12-12-2018, 05:13 PM
Club statement and apology by JR.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/5871/CLUB-STATEMENT-JAMIE-ROBSON.html

Fair enough for me.

Shedboy1971
12-12-2018, 06:55 PM
end of move on and grow up get in the team and prove us wrong

huntedbyafreak
12-12-2018, 11:01 PM

Alright there Tommy Robinson

Shedboy1971
12-12-2018, 11:12 PM
Alright there Tommy Robinson

i love brexit

huntedbyafreak
12-12-2018, 11:27 PM
For the record I don’t think Robson should be sacked however his actions are idiotic. I don’t think Robson is a racist but ‘blacking up’ is inappropriate to say the least.

Why someone has decided to turn the issue about Muslim rape gangs and tries to defend a vile video of a white lad attacking a refugee is beyond me.

Worrying IMO

jjaflup22
12-12-2018, 11:34 PM
For the record I don’t think Robson should be sacked however his actions are idiotic. I don’t think Robson is a racist but ‘blacking up’ is inappropriate to say the least.

Why someone has decided to turn the issue about Muslim rape gangs and tries to defend a vile video of a white lad attacking a refugee is beyond me.

Worrying IMO

Many worrying attitudes on this thread so it's over and out for me on this one.

shedka
12-12-2018, 11:41 PM
"Worrying" lol deary me, an example of a factual scandal where there wasn't a huge outrage, not an attempt to turn the issue, and it hasn't

To clarify, that video of the bullying IS vile but so is the reaction to it towards his family, way out of proportion, any bullying or video like that is horrible to see and sickening it just seems the outrage about things are very inconsistent much of the time

Oh and agree, Robson not racist but daft.

jjaflup22
12-12-2018, 11:48 PM
"Worrying" lol deary me, an example of a factual scandal where there wasn't a huge outrage, not an attempt to turn the issue, and it hasn't

To clarify, that video of the bullying IS vile but so is the reaction to it towards his family, way out of proportion, any bullying or video like that is horrible to see and sickening it just seems the outrage about things are very inconsistent much of the time

Actually I was talking about the homophobia in this thread but as I said I should just stop reading this nonsense.

huntedbyafreak
12-12-2018, 11:56 PM

Whataboutry is a tool of the right and Glaswegians

Don’t have an issue with some your other points though

shedka
12-12-2018, 11:56 PM
Was in reply to hunted above sorry

Hoofballer
13-12-2018, 12:21 AM
Dealt with under the terms of his contract presumably, end of irrespective whether agree with outcome.

All forgotten now till the next time.

Robbie will move him on if he needs to.

TerryTheTerror
13-12-2018, 05:41 AM
Whataboutry is a tool of the right and Glaswegians

Indeed, I 'll never understand why some folk think two wrongs make a right. :?

psych
13-12-2018, 07:23 AM

The Tommy Robinson strawman narrative. Even manage to throw the word snowflake in. Thankfully the justice system locked up members of these gangs despite Tommy Robinson almost jeopardising one of the big cases against them with his grandstanding.

psych
13-12-2018, 07:37 AM
As for the Jamie Robson episode, feel a bit sorry for him, seems a bit naive rather than malicious. Robbie's comments are well measured and I suspect there others on this thread who could benefit from the same inclusion and diversity training that JR will be undertaking. It might educate them as to the historical reasons why such things are so dodgy.

Returnofrros
13-12-2018, 10:40 AM
If i could change one word in that post in hindsight it would be uncomfortable rather than disgusting,that is truthfully the way i feel.The rest of it i would not change.I also felt uncomfortable when Ruth Davidson walked into an election count hand in hand with her partner wreathed in smiles.
Most posters on here know my political leanings so just to make it perfectly clear i would be uncomfortable if the SNP leader did the same as the Tory,FACT.

You've probably found out or finding out you are not allowed to express your feelings and I feel the need to comment again.

The word respect is bandied around a lot by the liberal leaning but respect has to earned or given not be obligatory by law, tolerance is different.

Because I do not agree with homo***ual marriage, I'm not homophobic.

Because I have doubts about all religeon and particularly Islam at this time dosent make me islamaphobic.

Because I question if there is a gender pay gap dosenae make me mysoginistic.

Because I laugh with jim Davidson does not make me a racist.

Because I know there are only two genders does not make me transphobic.

In my world gunboat you are perfectly entitled to hold your views, in the country we now live you are ostracized.

To give a fitba analogy, I tolerate Arabs but do not respect their choices.😉

geofoxposse
13-12-2018, 12:12 PM
Agree with this.

Sutherland Arab
13-12-2018, 12:28 PM
You've probably found out or finding out you are not allowed to express your feelings and I feel the need to comment again.

The word respect is bandied around a lot by the liberal leaning but respect has to earned or given not be obligatory by law, tolerance is different.

Because I do not agree with homo***ual marriage, I'm not homophobic.

Because I have doubts about all religeon and particularly Islam at this time dosent make me islamaphobic.

Because I question if there is a gender pay gap dosenae make me mysoginistic.

Because I laugh with jim Davidson does not make me a racist.

Because I know there are only two genders does not make me transphobic.

In my world gunboat you are perfectly entitled to hold your views, in the country we now live you are ostracized.

👏👏👏 well said

TerryTheTerror
13-12-2018, 12:42 PM
...in the country we now live you are ostracized.

In our country we spell ostracised with an 'S'. :)

Returnofrros
13-12-2018, 12:49 PM
In our country we spell ostracised with an 'S'. :)

But in the land of the free it's z 😁 my wee nod to the land of free speech....or it might just be bad spelling.

offshore_arab83
13-12-2018, 01:09 PM
this has been an excellent thread!!!

eric_sinclair
13-12-2018, 01:27 PM
this has been an excellent thread!!!

Ken,abody getting on!
Bit like the pipes of peace video.

Sieb's Tash
13-12-2018, 01:43 PM
There's a fine line when it comes to these issues. I don't think JR was doing anything other than being a daft young laddie, but he has to understand that what he did is offensive and isn't the behaviour young fans should be looking up to.

Some of the comments on here are hilarious and worrying in equal measure. A sentence that begins with 'Now I'm not a...' usually ends with the person saying something that demonstrates exactly the opposite.

The question regarding us being referred to as arabs is an interesting one though, I think you could definitely make a strong case for saying that it's an outdated and offensive nickname for us as supporters. Especially when you consider that football clubs have to have a global attitude nowadays when it comes to fan base and investment.

That said, if nobody actually comes forward and says it offends them, is it offensive?

Bit of a can of worms!

TerryTheTerror
13-12-2018, 01:44 PM
Ken,abody getting on!

As long as the spelling is right, I'm good. :D

shed_boy_21
13-12-2018, 02:23 PM
except Tommy Robinson didnt do anything wrong

Except being a racist, gammon ****er!!

Phuckin beat it Enoch!

Shedboy1971
13-12-2018, 02:46 PM
I see it was just on sky news and bbc news also on their websites. Not great from a publicity perspective so he quite rightly has been fined.

Shedboy1971
13-12-2018, 02:47 PM
Ken,abody getting on!

lol - nah Gottis come over to restore parity ;)

It is a good thread though

Returnofrros
13-12-2018, 03:04 PM
what did he do wrong then

Nothing.

He is a captivating speaker who is using social media and the tools available to him to promote his beliefs just as the left has done.

He is right wing which in our society is heinous but not illegal (yet) but being far left is socially acceptable.

Pinochet evil, Stalin misguided.

I'm all for being able to debate your belief but what I began to realise is the left and permanently offended generally want to shut down debate and in the case of the Utd player send him for diversity indoctrination...sorry training.

Funnily enuf diversity never includes much about the wwcm community.

huntedbyafreak
13-12-2018, 05:11 PM
Nothing.

He is a captivating speaker who is using social media and the tools available to him to promote his beliefs just as the left has done.

He is right wing which in our society is heinous but not illegal (yet) but being far left is socially acceptable.

I'm all for being able to debate your belief but what I began to realise is the left and permanently offended generally want to shut down debate and in the case of the Utd player send him for diversity indoctrination...sorry training.

Can’t see anyone calling Stalin misguided.

This whole ‘the right are seen and evil and the left aren’t’ is a load of pish. Most papers in UK are right leaning. Express, Mail, Sun etc. The lead up to Brexit vote showed them up for what they are, total ****S. Nigel Farage is right wing and he’s never off the telly. Meanwhile, Corbyn is crucified for not wearing a big enough poppy and the type of jacket he wears to the Cenatph. So spare me the ‘poor right wing’ argument.

None of this has anything to do with Robson though. He dressed up in an inappropriate fancy dress costume and stupidly allowed his photo to appear on social media. Folk criticising it isn’t an attack on free speech.

B4 i go
13-12-2018, 08:09 PM
Stalin misguided? Couple of million Russian POWS shot for being captured during WW2! Misguided maybe a small understatement. Anyway, what happened to non political threads Tel?

psych
13-12-2018, 08:58 PM
Nothing.

More straw man pish

Chick A Saw
13-12-2018, 10:10 PM

You were doing well until you got to the end. I tolerate Dees and i also respect their choices.

geofoxposse
14-12-2018, 01:38 AM
Same discussion is going on all over the place.

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FRe dfishstream%2Fvideos%2F2218643354864774%2F&show_text=0&width=560

offshore_arab83
14-12-2018, 10:21 AM
Same discussion is going on all over the place.

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FRe dfishstream%2Fvideos%2F2218643354864774%2F&show_text=0&width=560

Remember seeing this for the first time in Amsterdam on way back from Kazakhstan in 2011, incredible to witness but its traditional for the Dutch and i dont recall anyone intervening

geofoxposse
14-12-2018, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the edit TTT, it was very early morning.

Katfrommandoo
15-12-2018, 08:55 PM
Isn't Harry from the house of Hewit?😉

Conan
15-12-2018, 09:07 PM
Remember seeing this for the first time in Amsterdam on way back from Kazakhstan in 2011, incredible to witness but its traditional for the Dutch and i dont recall anyone intervening

Yeah, according to the film there it’s supported by right-wing politicians and self-proclaimed racists saying things like “**** black people”. Great.

Returnofrros
15-12-2018, 10:49 PM
Yeah, according to the film there it’s supported by right-wing politicians and self-proclaimed racists saying things like “**** black people”. Great.

You don't have to go to Holland to find racism, there were union officials marching with radical left wingers shouting nae Nazis nae white men through Dundee city centre last week.

Police aren't investigating. Surprising.

I suggest having a look at the you tube video "reporting nicola surgeon for a hate crime" to see what's good for the goose dosenae apply to the gander.

We are letting our so called progressive politicians and police away with total nonsense.

B4 i go
15-12-2018, 11:22 PM
You don't have to go to Holland to find racism, there were union officials marching with radical left wingers shouting nae Nazis nae white men through Dundee city centre last week.

Police aren't investigating. Surprising.

I suggest having a look at the you tube video "reporting nicola surgeon for a hate crime" to see what's good for the goose dosenae apply to the gander.

We are letting our so called progressive politicians and police away with total nonsense.

Eh?

Returnofrros
15-12-2018, 11:25 PM
Eh?

What bit you needing clarified?

Hopefully not all of it

TerryTheTerror
16-12-2018, 04:34 AM
It's fine, we get the gist. As long as someone else is doing it, it's OK. :?

Returnofrros
16-12-2018, 09:59 AM

That's not quite it Terry.

I'm sure you know that though.

Appreciate that you have let the thread run this far though I've found it very interesting.

manandboy65
16-12-2018, 01:30 PM
Its hard enough trying to figure out DU's problems and how to fix them, yet some on this forum want to toss in society's ills and PC problems. This is a football forum leave the rest to Question Time please.