PDA

View Full Version : Tosin Adarabioyo

Prando
24-12-2018, 12:10 PM
How did he play on Saturday ?
I’ve been hoping to see some continued improvement as undoubtedly he has talent. I notice he got a place in the “Championship Side of the weekend” (Alongside Gayle, Phillips and Barnes)
Any comments ?

Albionic68
24-12-2018, 01:34 PM
He got caught cold a couple of times, occasionally ball watched on set plays and conceded the penalty. Sounds harsh but in reality (and penalty aside) his overall game in open play was OK. Provided the through ball for Gayle on the fourth goal (which was hilariously conceded - I still can't figure out what their goalie was thinking ;) ) following a good run.

Prando
24-12-2018, 04:31 PM
I assumed he must have played well to receive the nomination....

http://i65.tinypic.com/2e3xuyq.jpg

Dubbag
24-12-2018, 08:58 PM
Joint lowest score Prando...they have to fill the position....:P

boingy
26-12-2018, 02:05 PM
Seems odd for me. He doesn't look like a defender at all. Looks like he has some talent but in what position I really don't know.

Johnny on the spot 1
26-12-2018, 06:34 PM
Thought he was poor today .

TipperaryBaggie
26-12-2018, 06:40 PM
Don't know whether anyone noticed but Johnstone played the ball to Tosin five times from a kick out and three times he headed the ball into touch and twice he headed to one of their players. Room for improvement there I would say!

albion68
26-12-2018, 07:17 PM
Thought he was poor today .
Jots mate he was p#ss poor.

Prando
26-12-2018, 07:18 PM
Yes JOTS buddy, he didn’t have the best of games today, albeit no disasters !
As Tipperary buddy comments, there is a definite plan for Johnno to play out to Tosin on the wing, with the intention of him heading further up the line. It almost worked a few times to be fair. Reminiscent of the Pulis Dawson strategy.

holmleighchris
27-12-2018, 07:05 AM
Yes JOTS buddy, he didn’t have the best of games today, albeit no disasters !
As Tipperary buddy comments, there is a definite plan for Johnno to play out to Tosin on the wing, with the intention of him heading further up the line. It almost worked a few times to be fair. Reminiscent of the Pulis Dawson strategy.

Why doesn't Johnstone kick it a bit harder and a bit further up the wing eliminating the need for heading it on?

saltnshake
27-12-2018, 10:23 AM
I think we need to cut him some slack, he clearly isn't a full back and by him playing in that position it's allowed our strongest centre half pairing to play together but I do think we need a right back in an early as possible in January.