PDA

View Full Version : Alloa

JamesMcClean
28-12-2018, 01:03 PM
In plus three others. Should be a good crowd through. No injury worries according to the papers so Fyvie would appear to be OK. This game feels like the return of the ghost of Christmas Past as the past two years have seen the away games fall around now (Dumbarton 2016 and St Mirren 2017) result in catastrophic defeats which have then in turn resulted in the wheels coming off for the next three months, culminating in barely making the play offs from a previously strong league position.

This cannot, cannot, cannot happen tomorrow. No score prediction from me, other than win United. Just phucking win.

Chick A Saw
28-12-2018, 01:30 PM
In plus three others. Should be a good crowd through. No injury worries according to the papers so Fyvie would appear to be OK. This game feels like the return of the ghost of Christmas Past as the past two years have seen the away games fall around now (Dumbarton 2016 and St Mirren 2017) result in catastrophic defeats which have then in turn resulted in the wheels coming off for the next three months, culminating in barely making the play offs from a previously strong league position.

This cannot, cannot, cannot happen tomorrow. No score prediction from me, other than win United. Just phucking win.

Ma laddie and ma daddy seem to be up for this so will find out today.

A hard place for most teams to go to and get a result so anything other than a defeat will do. With 5 home games this quarter though, we really need to continue this run with a win to build the momentum to take into January.

Brian_Welsh_is_magic
28-12-2018, 05:56 PM
Me plus two tomorrow. Hard hard game and just as important as the County away game. Same performance and support and we’ll be ok. Anything less and it’ll be a struggle.
Come on United!

Arab59
28-12-2018, 09:28 PM
Me plus two tomorrow. Hard hard game and just as important as the County away game. Same performance and support and we’ll be ok. Anything less and it’ll be a struggle.
Come on United!

If we get beat tomorrow is not good enough have to win these games

shedka
28-12-2018, 09:30 PM
Can see it being a struggle regardless of outcome, what we must not do is give away pens or fks, their 5 goals in our 4 meetings this season have been 3 pens by Trouten and 2 very good fks by Flannigan

Looking at their recent form, it's all tight matches with 3 wins 3 draws and 4 defeats, their last five at home only 2 conceded

Alloa 1-0 Partick
Alloa 0-0 Inverness
Alloa 0-1 Dunfermline
Alloa 0-1 R County (93rd min)
Alloa 2-0 Qots

darrenshedtastic
28-12-2018, 09:51 PM
tough game, reckon they will look to frustrate us like they did at tannadice not that long ago. hoping we can get a rhythm and tempo into the game and then the quality will see us win the game.

however, they are no mugs, they have had some decent results and are well capable of taking points from us tomorrow if we dont turn up with right attitude. RN knows these are the sort of games you need to win if you want to be considered title contenders so im sure he will make sure we get the result. generally our away form has been not too bad so hoping it continues tomorrow which would set us up nicely for the two home games v Partick and dunfermline.

LSArab
28-12-2018, 10:13 PM
Big match tomorrow.

As said Alloa are tough especially when they are at home.

I fancy us though. RN will surely have drilled into them the importance of the match.

If we want to catch top 2 from our mediocre start then we need to win tomorrow

ahlltanyirhide
29-12-2018, 02:20 AM
Big match tomorrow.

As said Alloa are tough especially when they are at home.

I fancy us though. RN will surely have drilled into them the importance of the match.

We go there today as title contenders, get ripped in aboot them. 3-0 United mon the Terrors FTD4life.

ARAbCHNID
29-12-2018, 09:40 AM
I hope Jim Goodwin doesn't run on & kick Fraser Fyvie.
Like he did to Scott Severin.

JamesMcClean
29-12-2018, 10:00 AM

This for me.

If we'd beaten Ayr a few weeks ago then we were properly back in it and the Shaba damage would have been repaired. That disaster followed by the failure to beat Morton (the ICT result was acceptable albeit we could and should have won in the end) has set us back, and we now need another run of straight wins as when RN joined, to repair the damage of the first part of December. Last week started this and it MUST continue today. Both Ayr and County have dropped points potential today.

ARAbCHNID
29-12-2018, 10:15 AM
Can see it being a struggle regardless of outcome, what we must not do is give away pens or fks, their 5 goals in our 4 meetings this season have been 3 pens by Trouten and 2 very good fks by Flannigan

Looking at their recent form, it's all tight matches with 3 wins 3 draws and 4 defeats, their last five at home only 2 conceded

Alloa 1-0 Partick
Alloa 0-0 Inverness
Alloa 0-1 Dunfermline
Alloa 0-1 R County (93rd min)
Alloa 2-0 Qots

Their away form ain't bad either.
Thistle 2 Alloa 2
Falkirk 2 Alloa 2
Us 4 Alloa 2 (with Us not that convincing)
Morton 0 Alloa 2

So can score goals & pick up points away from the skinny synthetic too.
Goodwin's got them fighting like tigers & I can see them staying up this season at somebody else's expense (Falkirk, Pars, Thistle).

Arabknight
29-12-2018, 11:51 AM
2-0 Utd. Bt Alloa no mugs at home. For a part time team they are fit and fight for every ball.

Come on Utd bring in the new year on a high! 🤪

ClashCityRocker
29-12-2018, 12:12 PM
No easy games in this league - every single game will be difficult.

If United want to be title contenders they need to hit a winning run, find consistency and start playing like a team who can with the championship- no easy task, but thats what will be required to have a chance of winning the league.

cybershed
29-12-2018, 04:48 PM
Well, that didn't go very well did it?

TerryTheTerror
29-12-2018, 04:51 PM
Our current run of results of poor, no denying it.

jjaflup22
29-12-2018, 04:57 PM
We would have to win games like this if we had any ambitions to win this league.

shedka
29-12-2018, 05:01 PM
Horrific result, especially being a goal up to throw it away, beyond bad, typical of us to end the year like that recently, see Dumbarton two years ago

B4 i go
29-12-2018, 05:05 PM
Hard to suggest any up side after todays results other than 7 points not out of bounds for catch-up. Cant afford too many more defeats though.

duke_the_arab
29-12-2018, 05:06 PM
Phuck off United. Absolute phish yet again. Season finished before Xmas again. No going up.

darrenshedtastic
29-12-2018, 05:10 PM
terrible result but still capable of going up imo. stupid results like this certainly doesnt help the chances but ayr have been on poor form aswell tbh (if they hadnt had pumped us would probably had been feeling more pressure)

its all about the reaction! next two are crucial! two home games v teams in bottom half of table are must win! if we can react from today then we might give ourselves a wee chance (while also hoping RN can pull a few signings out the hat once window opens)

not for one minute accepting these sort of results but we done enough to win the game and its sloppy stupid goals costing us again. we need to get that form back that RN got when he first came in.

Arabknight
29-12-2018, 05:12 PM
Awful. RN done good job steadying ship. Bt looking at all the games I can not recall a single game win or draw where I have thought we played well and looked like title contenders. The team is still inconsistent, lacks final ball and poor in the final 3rd.

Season depends on jan window. 🤞

duke_the_arab
29-12-2018, 05:21 PM
Awful. RN done good job steadying ship. Bt looking at all the games I can not recall a single game win or draw where I have thought we played well and looked like title contenders. The team is still inconsistent, lacks final ball and poor in the final 3rd.
Season depends on jan window. 🤞

Agree we're schite with that team no going up. Need at least 5 players in window. I'm phucking sick of that phish.

arabiain
29-12-2018, 05:24 PM
Bunch of absolute losers. Bad enough letting them back in the game at 1-1 but the way they let the boy waltz past 4 of them to score the winner was an absolute disgrace. Several quality signings need to be made NOW or we can forget about promotion again this season.

Sutherland Arab
29-12-2018, 05:32 PM
See when you get players giving it the club's on the up and we're going to do this and that in the papers you just knew we were going to lose today. How about shutting your pusses and quietly go about trying to win football matches, instead of building up the support and putting in a performance like that against a team of plumbers and posties.
Hopefully Robbie will revise his opinion on only a couple of recruitments needing brought in. But I think this season is a write off, certainly in terms of winning the league.

NOSCOTCAPS
29-12-2018, 05:33 PM
it would be interesting to know the player ratings from someone who was there. BBC seemed to indicate that we had enough attempts on goal to win twice over and the possession, unless it was all around the back four as seems usual. Is it time to give others a chance, as King, for one has not impressed me in a United shirt, yet continually picked.

Shedboy1971
29-12-2018, 05:39 PM
We created a lot but lack a genuine poacher/goalscorer and poor delivery at times from mediocre players. Just heard Neilson knows which ones he wants out and he wants 4-6 players in January. Suggested our owner has big plans. Our defence is a shambles is=f anyone of speed runs at it.

PortugueseFrank
29-12-2018, 06:06 PM
Ayr and now today against Alloa.

Like the Falkirk game last season under Laszlo. I blame the players.

When you operate in a market of turds you can't be surprised when you get **** on your face. We need to sign premiership ready players in skill but most importantly mindset.

Shedboy1971
29-12-2018, 06:12 PM
I think thats what we are going to do Frank. Not trying to compete against those around us but building. Problem is we should be blooding some youngsters too but thats dried up - maybe Glass will get a shot.

PortugueseFrank
29-12-2018, 06:30 PM
You can only blood them if they are good enough

NOSCOTCAPS
29-12-2018, 06:31 PM
See when you get players giving it the club's on the up and we're going to do this and that in the papers you just knew we were going to lose today. How about shutting your pusses and quietly go about trying to win football matches, instead of building up the support and putting in a performance like that against a team of plumbers and posties.
Hopefully Robbie will revise his opinion on only a couple of recruitments needing brought in. But I think this season is a write off, certainly in terms of winning the league.

SA that seems about right, 'bang at it,' 'we'll give somebody a doing' etc. and end up getting done! Nothing against PMA, but at least back it up. Apart from Scougall being free, I cant think of many, who are free, we can get to replace what we have.

But a few need a swift kick up the backside either out the door or if they are going to stay!

darrenshedtastic
29-12-2018, 06:55 PM
sigrest- decent enough but looks slow to move his feet
murdoch- steady enough but we really need to be signing a proper RB! (2nd season on the trot)
Frans- steady but looked slow on 3g.
Watson- think the honeymoon period for him is over tbh. hes an average CB for champ.
Booth- i thought was decent. great free kick and got forward well. still a few dodgy moments at the back however.
Bouhenna- has the ability to play in middle but prefer him at the back. lacked his presence and calmness at the back.
Stanton- runs around but does F all most of the time. is he any different to what flood done last year? decent few games but cant control games.
king- works hard but need to be getting better in jan
Mcmullan- same as king. the hunger he had in first few games under RN seems to have disappeared
curran-3year deal ffs. works hard but no real quality. him losing the ball resulted in free kick which lead to equalizer
safranco- works hard but needs to be taking his chances. need to give him a hand up there. (possible dropping if can get someone else in)

Aird- being able to cross doesnt make you a good player

i know theres debates on how important fyvie is to the team. some saying hes not as good as people think. i think games like to today shows that by even having him available we would have controlled the game better imo. it would have allowed bouhenna to go back which makes a big difference in the midfield and the defence. weve got no strength in depth which is costing us

overall
we did control large parts of the game and on another day would have won comfortably but the way it ended up shows why so many fans are being disillusioned by the club. going ahead and still managing a way to f it up to a part time team?! some of the performances were decent but nothing special thats why we are falling behind ayr and county. decent isnt good enough! we need more! and hopefully RN can get those who arent good enough out of the club and get those who can make a difference in and judging by his interview after the game. hes just as frustrated as us.

Brian_Welsh_is_magic
29-12-2018, 07:44 PM
Ok going to be controversial. Was at the game today. Really good support as usual. Was also the the two previous games down there. By a mile, that was our best performance of the three. Deserved a comfortable win and were on course to get it against a difficult Alloa side, when Siegrist came, flapped, and cost us the equaliser. Then started chasing the game and were done by a mazy run and great finish.

Siegrist: When will Deniz be back? A major step up on what we have.
Booth: best game so far. Linked up really well, positive, confident and a beauty of a free kick.
Frans: solid throughout. A keeper (if only he was a GOALkeeper 😂)
Murdoch: solid but was skinned at the second goal.
Watson: too light weight for me. Dangerous at set pieces, but primary job is to defend and he’s not strong enough I’m afraid.
Stanton: positive and ran most of our attacking play.
McMullan: had lots of shots, ran himself ragged but not good enough. Liked him when he first came and believe Neilson is getting the best out of him. Still not the answer unfortunately.
King: one of his better games, linked well with Booth. Frustrating as if he has an A game, is capable of winning games. Not often enough though.
Rachid: Head and shoulders best player today. Strong, vision, one who will do us a turn WHEN we go up this year.
Curran: not great I’m afraid. Had a real chance to make a mark today. Lack of directness I feel. He’s strong and relatively quick but never took on and beat a man.
Pavel: poor today. Bullied by the two centre halfs. One of his less memorable games.

Could easily have won today and the outlook would be very different. Very small margins decide these games.
As demoralising as the result today was, I still think we will go up this year. Looking like a second place finish now which will give us the semi, against either Ayr or Icy Tea, then a final against one of the piss poor bottom three in the Premiership.
Hopeful of new players in January, but even without them, I feel we have enough within the current squad to make it up this year.

Ok, I’ve set myself up as a huge target, now going to wait and be shot at (not down) by fellow Arabs 😀

Arabdad
29-12-2018, 08:01 PM
After 45 minutes of the most tedious dross from both teams United at least came out and had a go at the start of the second half and were deservedly in front after Booth's cracking free kick. As soon as Seigrist decided to throw the ball into his own net from a simple free kick it was only a matter of time before we pressed the self destruct button. Our team have no bottle and are incapable of grinding out a result. We have no chance of going up this year, even with investment in the forthcoming window. Completely unacceptable performance.

Sutherland Arab
29-12-2018, 08:31 PM
Ok going to be controversial. Was at the game today. Really good support as usual. Was also the the two previous games down there. By a mile, that was our best performance of the three. Deserved a comfortable win and were on course to get it against a difficult Alloa side, when Siegrist came, flapped, and cost us the equaliser. Then started chasing the game and were done by a mazy run and great finish.

Booth: best game so far. Linked up really well, positive, confident and a beauty of a free kick.
Watson: too light weight for me. Dangerous at set pieces, but primary job is to defend and he’s not strong enough I’m afraid.
McMullan: had lots of shots, ran himself ragged but not good enough. Liked him when he first came and believe Neilson is getting the best out of him. Still not the answer unfortunately.
King: one of his better games, linked well with Booth. Frustrating as if he has an A game, is capable of winning games. Not often enough though.
Rachid: Head and shoulders best player today. Strong, vision, one who will do us a turn WHEN we go up this year.
Curran: not great I’m afraid. Had a real chance to make a mark today. Lack of directness I feel. He’s strong and relatively quick but never took on and beat a man.
Pavel: poor today. Bullied by the two centre halfs. One of his less memorable games.

Could easily have won today and the outlook would be very different. Very small margins decide these games.
As demoralising as the result today was, I still think we will go up this year. Looking like a second place finish now which will give us the semi, against either Ayr or Icy Tea, then a final against one of the piss poor bottom three in the Premiership.
Hopeful of new players in January, but even without them, I feel we have enough within the current squad to make it up this year.

Ok, I’ve set myself up as a huge target, now going to wait and be shot at (not down) by fellow Arabs 😀

Agree with you up to a point as have said our first choice 11 play neat, functional football and our general play might well be good enough to gain promotion.
However we are undone by our lack of quality replacements despite having a large squad plus the lack of mental strength to make the right decisions, fight adversity and grind out results like today mean I have no faith in us getting promoted this season, unless Robbie can pull off at least 3-4 top notch January signings.

Chick A Saw
29-12-2018, 08:32 PM
Ok going to be controversial. Was at the game today. Really good support as usual. Was also the the two previous games down there. By a mile, that was our best performance of the three.

Nothing wrong with what you and Darren have written!

First though, was i right in this is how we lined up today?
Siegrist,
Murdoch, Watson, Frans, Booth,
McMullan, Bouhenna, Stanton,
King,
Safranko, Curran.

Siegrist - I saw him coming for the ball and sat back in my seat and thankfully didnt see what happened! Might have done better at their second but very nearly set up a late equalizer!
Booth - My MotM for us and should have had a thunderbolt of a second!
Frans - I am gonna disagree to an extent as i thought he had a few shaky moments.
Murdoch - Made quite a few proper RB tackles and stopped them attacking quite a few times. Wasnt only him at fault for their winner.
Watson -A player i quite liked early in the season, but rather Edje was on today with Frans on the right.
Stanton - Cant say much different, but not captain material.
McMullan - WHY SO FAR BACK! SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN BEHIND THE FRONT MEN!
King - Shouts around me said enough! Need a different and better option.
Rachid - It more of his passes came off, he would have ripped Alloa apart! Very close second for my MotM.
Curran - Seemed to be sticking to a plan that wasnt helping his game! Still should have done better.
Pavel - Nothing without decent service, even when that service turned up, it was poor.

Going back to the formation, i wish Nielson had the balls to give Bouhenna some more room with Stanton and McMullan pushing forward. And Aird should have been on earlier!

Conan
29-12-2018, 09:16 PM
That was pish today. Alloa were happy to let us have as much of the ball as we wanted and we never once looked like opening them up. We may have had 14 shots at goal, but bar the great free kick, none of them were more than catches for the keeper.

Against an eleven man defence you need to be able to beat somebody and disrupt their organisation. Didn’t happen once.

Alloa deserved the win.

GUNBOAT
29-12-2018, 09:21 PM
What an embarrassment to the city of Dundee that its two clubs are dwarfed in Tayside by a club that struggles to get more than 2000 home supporters through the turnstile's honestly i am not having a fly dig at DFC even though they were played aff the park today by ST Johnstone because they would probably have given us 6.
The city of Dundee is steeped in football history but both teams are currently a mile behind a tiny wee toon's club more famous for its curling rink and its prison.

PortugueseFrank
29-12-2018, 09:28 PM
Alloa's first league win over United in 56 years.

Sutherland Arab
29-12-2018, 09:55 PM
What an embarrassment to the city of Dundee that its two clubs are dwarfed in Tayside by a club that struggles to get more than 2000 home supporters through the turnstile's honestly i am not having a fly dig at DFC even though they were played aff the park today by ST Johnstone because they would probably have given us 6.
The city of Dundee is steeped in football history but both teams are currently a mile behind a tiny wee toon's club more famous for its curling rink and its prison.

Not only St J you have Livi, St Mirren, Accies with their 300 ST holders and soon to have either or both the mighty Ross County or Ayr United (managed by ex-United failure of over 15 years ago Jobby McCall) in the Premier, all better organised and fighting harder than the two Dundee clubs.
****e state of affairs and highly embarrasing.

chiefers
29-12-2018, 09:57 PM
What a embarrassment today. One up against a part time team and end up losing
This team lacks bottle
Third place is as good as we are gonna get with this squad
Need big investment in January to get through the playoffs
At least the fun lost to a half decent team

Chick A Saw
29-12-2018, 10:08 PM
What a embarrassment today. One up against a part time team and end up losing
This team lacks bottle
Third place is as good as we are gonna get with this squad
Need big investment in January to get through the playoffs
At least the fun lost to a half decent team

Just before they scored, i turned roond tae the wife and said this team are playing like they've the game won already! Need the right players on the park to keep the players riled up to go on and win. Sadly, this is a trait that United have had for many a year, along with the Christmas shut down!

chiefers
29-12-2018, 10:16 PM
Just before they scored, i turned roond tae the wife and said this team are playing like they've the game won already! Need the right players on the park to keep the players riled up to go on and win. Sadly, this is a trait that United have had for many a year, along with the Christmas shut down!

I felt the same chick. Seen the equaliser coming cos the players thought the 3 points where in the bag
Compound that of course by going on to lose the fecking game !

dreamoftangerine
29-12-2018, 10:20 PM
I’m afraid at the moment United just aren’t convincing. I know we have to earn our passage back to the PL but I’d thought by now we’d have gotten to grips with the league and found a way to play.

It just seems that everyone else has found their own ways respectively and we’re still searching!

RN is going to need to work some serious magic if we are to get up this season.

jjaflup22
29-12-2018, 10:29 PM
Alloa's first league win over United in 56 years.

Ffs! Utter embarrassment.

TerryTheTerror
29-12-2018, 10:30 PM
We have almost completely changed our team for every season we've been in this division. The is no way, with this strategy, we were ever going to win the league.

chiefers
29-12-2018, 10:40 PM
We have almost completely changed our team for every season we've been in this division. The is no way, with this strategy, we were ever going to win the league.

I agree we need stability. But also need to get up so if that means bringing in more players we have to. Hopefully we can add 2 or 3 quality players without changing the whole team

GUNBOAT
29-12-2018, 10:42 PM

We could have won the league with proper investment,DFC scraped up with losses of over 800,000,the Monkey was never gonna follow suit and as i said at the time signing a player deemed not good enough for Falkirk(FN bottom of the Championship)did not auger well.Posters said to me "But that is where we are."
FN rubbish we are Dundee United the 6th biggest club in Scotland,did Hearts,Hibs or Sevco sign players from the worst team in the Championship and go up?,no they FN didnae,FACT.

GUNBOAT
29-12-2018, 10:46 PM
We could have won the league with proper investment,DFC scraped up with losses of over 800,000,the Monkey was never gonna follow suit and as i said at the time signing a player deemed not good enough for Falkirk(FN bottom of the Championship)did not auger well.Posters said to me "But that is where we are."
FN rubbish we are Dundee United the 6th biggest club in Scotland,did Hearts,Hibs or Sevco sign players from the worst team in the Championship and go up?,no they FN didnae,FACT.

Edit to add,DFC changed their team almost every season because they never had anyone as bad in their boardroom as the Monkey throwing aboot 2 and 3 year contract's to utter shyte,they gave their shyte one year deals to prove themselves or shipped them oot if they failed,FACT.

petermackie
29-12-2018, 10:54 PM

Spot on ...but know what's worse they had over 2000 fans with them today...and the only reason for that is they knew they'd win

GUNBOAT
29-12-2018, 11:05 PM
Spot on ...but know what's worse they had over 2000 fans with them today...and the only reason for that is they knew they'd win

They are without doubt the most FN annoying fans in Scottish football in my opinion cause they dinnie really give a shyt if they lose whereas we(both city clubs) are FN gutted if we lose a Derby against each other or v them.I will never forget the day we took thousands up there but Mc Na FN mara decided to rotate the squad and we took pelters and a hammering from a shyte team and a wee band of supporters given a belated Christmas present.

JUSTaway
29-12-2018, 11:41 PM

Actually I agree with your assessment about the match today, but don't share your optimism for getting promoted.

The last two games highlighted why, complete domination/loads of possession against Falkirk and Alloa, two of the bottom six teams in the league, one goal to show for that from open play, and that a fluky deflection. And three defensive howlers conceded. Little creativity/goalscorers in the team, and always likely to flog one at the back, which in basic terms means our margin for winning games is pretty narrow, even when we control games. .

JUSTaway
29-12-2018, 11:48 PM

constant fire fighting has got us nowhere, if we had built a proper 2 year plan to get up when we went down we might not only have got up by now, but actually gone up with a chance of staying up. Poor recruitment has seen us waste resources on panic last minute buys in the transfer window like Barton and Curran and replacing crap with crap.

NostradamusArab
30-12-2018, 12:06 AM
constant fire fighting has got us nowhere, if we had built a proper 2 year plan to get up when we went down we might not only have got up by now, but actually gone up with a chance of staying up. Poor recruitment has seen us waste resources on panic last minute buys in the transfer window like Barton and Curran and replacing crap with crap.

Totally agree regarding the firefighting but hope RN is as savage as he feels when it comes to booting the ****e from our club. If it takes another year to recover from the Thompson family nightmare then fair enough as we've been phucked for many years now! I reckon we could do it EASILY next year with Robbie's squad.

Chick A Saw
30-12-2018, 12:07 AM

I get the sentiment of what you write, but Barton and Curran were 2 of the first batch of players in! The last 2 in, Bouhenna and Safranko are probably our best 2 players.

JamesMcClean
30-12-2018, 01:26 AM
I get the sentiment of what you write, but Barton and Curran were 2 of the first batch of players in! The last 2 in, Bouhenna and Safranko are probably our best 2 players.

What alarms me the most is that there is no one, not one, in ANY position breaking through from the youths who gives a glimmer of hope. Matty Smith? Allardice is on loan. The whole set up is a shambles and needs to be corrected. Levein had restored the youth system that Oor Wee Jum built. When the Snake contrived to sack Stevie Campbell that was undone with the stroke of a pen.

geofoxposse
30-12-2018, 06:28 AM
The main issue is there is still too many players who seem satisfied with 'not winning' and a general acceptance of this throughout the club.

One if the most important jobs during the window will be to get rid of theses. Thats also where agents should be doing their job....

JUSTaway
30-12-2018, 09:46 AM
The main issue is there is still too many players who seem satisfied with 'not winning' and a general acceptance of this throughout the club.

One if the most important jobs during the window will be to get rid of theses. Thats also where agents should be doing their job....

Agents are only interested in getting the best financial deal for their client, half the time they put this ahead of what is best for the players career.

Yesterday the team kept going for the full 90+ mins, they didn't in my opinion sit back at 1-0 like they have done in the past, by our standards we actually played ok yesterday, I think the result was purely down to a lack of ability and flaws in our team such as a goalkeeper unable to catch a ball and attacking players with little if any end product.

Too many average players.

arabmark
30-12-2018, 09:57 AM
The fact that in 5 attempts so far this season we've only managed 1 win against part-time Alloa is embarrassing. Shows that the current crop of players are simply not good enough.

Arabknight
30-12-2018, 09:58 AM
Possession is the most over rated stat in football, and is used for teams like us to flatter poor performances.

We were guilty under RM, CL and now RN of relying on this stat to cover the gapping chasims in our team.

For to long we have been knocking the ball around three quarters of the pitch without any end product, no penetration and no quality in the final 3rd! I know we have to have the ball to make in any gains bt due to our lack of attacking threat our style of play suites every team in the league and a lot of the time makes us easy to play against.

Arabiatta
30-12-2018, 10:09 AM
Thought they sat in well and defended their box like their lives depended on it, counted their centre halves losing 2 headers the whole game yet we continued to try and beat them in the air and failed to find feet. Their Fullbacks minimised the crosses and nullified the threat.

Several players had oportunities to shoot first time but elected to move their ball to the other foot and get closed down by a very well organised defence and ended up laying it off. King for me was the key man today and didnt do enough.

What really annoyed me though was the pressing game wasn't there today, I think back to the first RN game at partick and we had everyone pressing immediately with loss of possession, winning the majority of 50\50's with a energetic hard working display (until Fyvie had to go off in the 2nd, not that that should be an excuse).

Lot of young guys in that Alloa team today, we dont need pedigree in this league we need graft, organisation and concentration.

Shedboy1971
30-12-2018, 10:13 AM
What alarms me the most is that there is no one, not one, in ANY position breaking through from the youths who gives a glimmer of hope. Matty Smith? Allardice is on loan. The whole set up is a shambles and needs to be corrected. Levein had restored the youth system that Oor Wee Jum built. When the Snake contrived to sack Stevie Campbell that was undone with the stroke of a pen.

That is as big an issue as the crap we have on 2 and 3 year deals. Clearly no one is good enough - Smith and Glass might get a shot though.

Shedboy1971
30-12-2018, 10:15 AM
The fact that in 5 attempts so far this season we've only managed 1 win against part-time Alloa is embarrassing. Shows that the current crop of players are simply not good enough.

Thats more a mental issue. See that 2nd goal 4 chances of a tackle before he is in box. Watson and Murdoch (who will probably both stay btw!) shocking.