PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from game...

Joy_Division
29-12-2018, 06:15 PM
and to be honest if I had seen the team sheet before I left the house I would probably have given the game a miss.
I was not aware Hegazi was a doubt although I knew Gayle was gonna be missing. But when I saw Brunt back in midfield, Bartley (or is it Barkley) back in the defence I felt despondent as I could not see that side doing the business. Sure enough, we conceded a goal from their first attack which was from a totally unnecessary corner. The Manchester kid had all the time and space to put the ball out of the ground for a throw but miscontrols and the ball goes for a corner. We looked vulnerable from the cross just like all the early games when we played three at the back. Goal. Playing catch up after a few minutes with a weak side meant the first half was pathetic. Second half, no changes. Why carry on with a team that aint producing the goods. Worse to come, Rodrigues gets himself sent off with a straight red. Down to ten men with HRK and Barry and Phillips on. What happens? Straight away we are putting them under pressure and causing them problems, with the result we pinch an equaliser. I do think that BD sometimes is like a rabbit trapped in the headlights and he takes too long to change things. I understand the need for players to get rest but I would have thought it better to start with your strongest side, try and kill the opposition off then pull your influential players off and let the subs try and see the game out. But what do I know? At the end of the game it felt like a win :?