PDA

View Full Version : Very pleased we weren't in League 1 this season...

rolymiller
31-12-2018, 12:36 PM
Looks like a 7 horse race opening up and a very strong lot at that.. There is a 7 point gap already between 7th and 8th already. Donny and Barnsley right in the running and both looking good for a real push. Unlikely both will get up unless one or both sneak into the autos and Sunderland are still lurking with games in hand.

Think some decent teams will miss out which aint good news for us if we are in the same league as them next season.

Get ready for some yo yoing though at the end of the season though for s yorks footy fans.

animallittle3
31-12-2018, 01:05 PM
Exceptionally competitive roly and all to play for and as you say 4 teams are going to be extremely disappointed .

Massive game for us away at Luton tomorrow and if and I do say if we can get those 3 points the automatic places are still within our grasp .

Interestingly the last two home games against Peterborough and Charlton have seen us play our best football of the season , very impressive and we made our two promotion rivals look very ordinary without Kieffer Moore who has had a bout of flu .

Better team without him , I kid you not guys .

CAMiller
31-12-2018, 03:16 PM
Exceptionally competitive roly and all to play for and as you say 4 teams are going to be extremely disappointed .

Massive game for us away at Luton tomorrow and if and I do say if we can get those 3 points the automatic places are still within our grasp .

Interestingly the last two home games against Peterborough and Charlton have seen us play our best football of the season , very impressive and we made our two promotion rivals look very ordinary without Kieffer Moore who has had a bout of flu .

I think that's what we were thinking at the end of his stay with us.

millertop
31-12-2018, 03:21 PM

You might think the teams better without him but he’s your top scorer is he not? So where would you be without his goals?

Hazza Has A Gazza
31-12-2018, 03:49 PM
I think we'd be doing ok in L1 if we were in it this season. We'd definitely be in the mix. It's surprising how little quality we have in the championship, yet drop the same group of players down a division and we look full of quality.
There are some big clubs down there though, who are all getting their act together at the same time and none would be out of place in the championship.
I think we'd be top six in that division.

animallittle3
31-12-2018, 03:54 PM
You might think the teams better without him but he’s your top scorer is he not? So where would you be without his goals?

The problem is when Moore is in the side the tendency is to play more directly and not only is it predictable it's also easily nullified once teams have you sussed .

Cauley Woodrow up top on his own with the support of a midfield 5 gives us so much more , movement and a very pleasing passing game .

Cauley Woodrow is three times the player Moore is .

caytonmiller
31-12-2018, 03:58 PM
Teams going up need to improve 10% just to survive in the championship. Some can buy that. Most like ourselves can so jump on the yoyo

MillerBill
31-12-2018, 04:39 PM
Teams going up need to improve 10% just to survive in the championship. Some can buy that. Most like ourselves can so jump on the yoyo
There is a massive gap between league 1 and the championship.The two that went down with us all got back first time of asking.

welovebooth
31-12-2018, 04:48 PM
Peterborough or Preston

barnsley or Birmingham

southend or sheff utd

I know which 3 teams I would prefer to play

welovebooth
31-12-2018, 04:50 PM
Peterborough or Preston

barnsley or Birmingham

southend or sheff utd

Luton or Leeds utd

animallittle3
31-12-2018, 06:30 PM
Peterborough or Preston

barnsley or Birmingham

southend or sheff utd

Just out of curiosity which season are you enjoying the most , this season or last ?

Personally I'm enjoying this one far better than struggling in the championship last year .

welovebooth
01-01-2019, 12:41 AM
well I everyone prefers to win than lose.

but I would rather be in the championship than league 1.