PDA

View Full Version : 12 deals to watch. . . more likely 12 deals that won't happen

Jammy89
02-01-2019, 02:28 PM
These are the deals that the chronicle reckons we should keep any eye.

Have to say that any of them that reference other clubs having interest means we can ignore pretty much.

I can't see us getting any of these really, the only possible ones are ours I can see us loaning Elliot out and I can see getting rid of Lazaar.

Maybe the Bordeaux left-back but only because they reckon he'll be a cut price option.

Miguel Almiron (Atlanta United)
Newcastle United’s transfer team – most notably head of recruitment Steve Nickson – have put the groundwork into signing the Atlanta forward, who is Rafa Benitez’s priority target. It’s understood that the player has been sold the move and is keen to join Newcastle but personal terms remain a sticking point and United are yet to meet the valuation of the £23million-rated forward. All moves of that size would have to be given the green light by Mike Ashley, which is a tortuous process – as we have seen from previous transfer windows.
It’s not dead yet but United must beware of other sides gazumping them.
It’s thought that Benitez’s frustration over this deal may have prompted his anger at Anfield. Pointedly, he told Sky after the Burnley win: “When we talk about my future and what might happen we’re talking about the future of Newcastle United, not Rafa Benitez. In the end we sign players, I don’t take them home with me. They stay at Newcastle United.”
Almiron is the right age, the right profile and the right man for United at a time when they desperately need someone like him to fit into Benitez’s system. There is no conceivable excuse not to broker this deal other than the club’s unwillingness to back the manager.

François Kamano (Bordeaux)
The 22-year-old Ligue 1 forward is another name mentioned in transfer meetings and would certainly add pace to Newcastle’s attack. He can also operate on the left wing, where has had success for Bordeaux this term.
There is always a risk taking a player in mid-season and his value is upwards of £10million. But again, with United in desperate need of fresh attacking impetus a deal may make sense.

Kenedy (Chelsea)
Benitez has insisted that Kenedy is not about to be sent back to the Blues but his performances have been woefully short of what is expected of him and the Brazilian occupies a valuable domestic loan slot (Salomon Rondon is the other). Terminating his deal would be risky, as well as alienating his agent – who Benitez knows – it would threaten the good relationship that the manager has with his former club Chelsea.
Rafa Benitez sends clear message to Kenedy - as winger faces crucial month at Newcastle United
But it would open up possibilities for Newcastle to wheel and deal if Kenedy did leave. Still feels unlikely.

Kemar Roofe (Leeds)
A move for Leeds’ in-form striker was mooted over the weekend and while it might not seem to make sense, the Whites aren’t flush with money. Owner Andrea Radrizzani has insisted that the travails of his streaming service Eleven Sports will not affect Leeds but that resolve would be tested if big bids arrive for any of their players.
Roofe would be a surprise target given Yoshinori Muto is also available to Benitez but it does seem that there’s some merit to the tales. Benitez’s uncertainty about his budget means the move – again – looks uncertain.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea)
Benitez’s dream target. He had a move for the England midfielder lined up two years ago but when Newcastle opted not to do any dealing in the Championship promotion season, he missed out on him and Andros Townsend.
Would only become an option if that domestic loan slot was available.

Dominic Solanke (Liverpool)
Solanke is another Benitez has considered in the past but unless the loan slot is freed up, it’s impossible. The same goes for Michy Batshuayi, whose Valencia move has not panned out and who could return to England.

Ritsu Doan (FC Groningen)
The Eredivisie forward has been watched by Newcastle several times this season and is another on Benitez’s list. With the Asian Cup kicking off later this month, it may have to wait until later in the window – which is hardly ideal.

Maxime Poundjé (Bordeaux)
Benitez is desperate for left-back cover – when have we heard that before at Newcastle – and Poundje is a cut-price option from Ligue 1 who would offer a squad option for the Spaniard. Benitez also likes the look of Paris Saint Germain’s Stanley N’Soki.

Krzysztof Piatek (Genoa)
United have taken in several Serie A matches as they look to widen their recruitment net and Poland striker Piatek, who has been in exceptional form for Genoa, is one of the names who has emerged. 13 goals in 26 games makes him a red hot prospect for the big European clubs.

Nicolas Tagliafico (Ajax)
Another Benitez really likes the look of but when asked about him in the summer he simply replied that the funds weren’t available.
The 26-year-old Argentina international is also prompting interest from Arsenal.

These are our players that are ones to watch:

Achraf Lazaar (Newcastle)
It is high time for Lazaar to move on after a first part of the season spent featuring sparingly for the reserves. A rare transfer blunder by Benitez, Newcastle will be looking to recoup anything they can from the deal. Genoa remain interested.

Rob Elliot (Newcastle)
United’s experienced goalkeeper has fallen down the pecking order and has been made available this window. Having seen opportunities shrink of late, he may depart on loan.

Zippity
02-01-2019, 02:35 PM
Isn't that Tranquillo Barnetta fella still waiting in the Travelodge for a call? :D

Jammy89
02-01-2019, 02:40 PM
Isn't that Tranquillo Barnetta fella still waiting in the Travelodge for a call? :D

XD with a football under his arm XD

Scott Kirkland
02-01-2019, 04:28 PM
He is waiting till Rafa leaves. Him and Ottmar Hitzfield will be making their long awaited arrivals.

TheBigSausage
02-01-2019, 05:23 PM
We will get almiron on loan for £3 and Plea will carry his bags for him , and play for nowt to boot .
Expect Borini if we can blag a loan deal , cos I think£9m is about £9m more than our budget.

Zippity
02-01-2019, 05:26 PM
We will get almiron on loan for £3 and Plea will carry his bags for him , and play for nowt to boot .
Expect Borini if we can blag a loan deal , cos I think£9m is about £9m more than our budget.

We'll be looking to make a profit in this window...

TheBigSausage
02-01-2019, 05:34 PM
We'll be looking to make a profit in this window...

Lascelles and Kenedy have prob been told to play Shiite so the fans won't mind them going .. You could be right .

TheBigSausage
02-01-2019, 05:43 PM
Latest is Patrick Hermann from Borussia.. A winger who has managed to start 3 games this season and come on as sub 6 times ..
Sounds right up our street

Jammy89
02-01-2019, 05:53 PM
Latest is Patrick Hermann from Borussia.. A winger who has managed to start 3 games this season and come on as sub 6 times ..
Sounds right up our street

But he has scored twice. . .XD

Scott Kirkland
02-01-2019, 07:14 PM
We need Kuntz. We dont even compete for decent players even on a free. Rafa must feel like a tramp having to shop in the bins behind the Metro Centre for players.

HughieG
02-01-2019, 07:56 PM
We need Kuntz.

To be fair, we already have plenty at the club.

Scott Kirkland
02-01-2019, 08:04 PM
Patrick Herman was quality on fifa 15.
We are desperate for a right sided Atsu, Players who can cross might cost more. I think Lascelles went off the boil not being called up for England when playing well.

Scott Kirkland
02-01-2019, 09:40 PM
I dont know why us Nufc fans look forward to transfer windows anymore. Mike is like an abusive partner he ****s us over time and time again. He does something nice and tells us he only does it cause he loves us. We only stay because we think he will change. Cycle starts again. I would love to see an half empty stadium Live on Sky Sports.