PDA

View Full Version : Don't you just hate that chant

navypie
06-01-2019, 04:03 PM
You know the one 'How s**t must you be ' Notts are 3-1 up and so it begins. Must have filled our lads with confidence.

Elite_Pie
06-01-2019, 04:19 PM
I always find it quite funny. If it really did upset our lads, it should have upset their players even more.

navypie
06-01-2019, 04:26 PM
I always find it quite funny. If it really did upset our lads, it should have upset their players even more.

Well if you like it shipmate, then so do I.

Elite_Pie
06-01-2019, 04:55 PM
It might be worth turning this into a "chants you hate" thread (or "chants you dislike" if you hate the word hate).

I've always disliked the "Who are ya" chant. Firstly, you have to be pretty dim if you don't know who we're playing. Secondly, if it means 'you're such an insignificant little club we don't know who you are' it smacks of arrogance.

magpie_mania
06-01-2019, 04:57 PM
It might be worth turning this into a "chants you hate" thread (or "chants you dislike" if you hate the word hate).

I've always disliked the "Who are ya" chant. Firstly, you have to be pretty dim if you don't know who we're playing. Secondly, if it means 'you're such an insignificant little club we don't know who you are' it smacks of arrogance.

I've always disliked any which end '....... reject'

navypie
06-01-2019, 05:00 PM
" You reds you reds". Never done it for me.

2piesonmyshirt
06-01-2019, 05:02 PM
Yellow yellow gets right up my nose

forwardmagpie
06-01-2019, 05:03 PM
“Mist rolling in from the Trent” is teeth gnashing for me - what’s worse is I can actually hear it at home 😟😟😟

ancientpie
06-01-2019, 05:04 PM

"You could have come in a taxi" horrible chant usually aimed at some of the most loyal fans in the Country.

navypie
06-01-2019, 05:11 PM
" Is there a fire drill " . Heard it too many times this season but sadly, it's never the Notts fans singing it.

Elite_Pie
06-01-2019, 05:12 PM
"You could have come in a taxi" horrible chant usually aimed at some of the most loyal fans in the Country.

Good call. Any fan that is prepared to go to away games deserves respect, and for me the smaller the club the greater the respect.

forwardmagpie
06-01-2019, 05:14 PM
Still can hear - "He's gonna cry in a minute" - sung at Gazza when he should have been sent off and then scored

navypie
06-01-2019, 05:15 PM
Any chant lauding Chaventry City.

ancientpie
06-01-2019, 05:19 PM
Good call. Any fan that is prepared to go to away games deserves respect, and for me the smaller the club the greater the respect.

So easy to follow Man U away from home, not so easy to follow Macclesfield on a wet Tuesday night, but one set of fans get held up as an example to the rest of us whilst the other gets the piss taken!!

navypie
06-01-2019, 05:33 PM

Any fan that goes to any game, home or away deserves respect, especially in the lower leagues. Some people can't go because of health, distance or unfortunately, they simply can't afford it.

SmiffyPie
06-01-2019, 05:33 PM
Well if you like it shipmate, then so do I.ffs

HaylePie
06-01-2019, 05:34 PM

I'd like to see away fans acknowledged with applause - seriously. I think it happened against Oxford City and the gesture was appreciated. All bets are off at home though - Swansea, for instance, got everything they deserved (incl 8 goals - unfortunately).

BigFatPie
06-01-2019, 05:37 PM

Never liked the “Nottingham, Nottingham” chant at Notts, cos I think it’s really a Forest chant.

Should go back to the old days and a big “County, County” for when the players come on to the pitch.

navypie
06-01-2019, 05:38 PM
ffs

It was a joke, but if yer brain isn't big enough.

navypie
06-01-2019, 05:41 PM
" Super Notts " is my favorite. If I'm not wrong, it originated from our famous win at Leeds.

forwardmagpie
06-01-2019, 05:49 PM
" Super Notts " is my favorite. If I'm not wrong, it originated from our famous win at Leeds.

I was there and would agree that was the first time I heard it - great days

SmiffyPie
06-01-2019, 05:55 PM
It was a joke, but if yer brain isn't big enough.>;)>;):heart: AB Pugwash

navypie
06-01-2019, 05:59 PM
I was there and would agree that was the first time I heard it - great days

I remember me ode man waking me up when he got back. He'd had a few and got a right b0lloxing from me mam in the morning.

forwardmagpie
06-01-2019, 06:08 PM
I remember me ode man waking me up when he got back. He'd had a few and got a right b0lloxing from me mam in the morning.

We were driving home out of Leeds in a Mini Van giving it large to the Leeds fan when the traffic lights turned to red .................... the next few minutes would make Elite smile 😟😟😟😏😏

navypie
06-01-2019, 06:16 PM
>;)>;):heart: AB Pugwash

Someone else calls me Pugwash. The difference between you and him is I respect Fatboy.

SmiffyPie
06-01-2019, 06:34 PM
Someone else calls me Pugwash. The difference between you and him is I respect Fatboy.It was a joke, but if yer brain isn't big enough.

slack_pie
06-01-2019, 06:35 PM

Totally agree. Mocking the fans that actually turn up for the fact that more didn't bother is ridiculous.

I'm not really into chants that criticise other teams' support in general, or the quality/size of their facilities, so out with 'what's it like to see a ground' and '**** ground no fans.'

navypie
06-01-2019, 06:42 PM
It was a joke, but if yer brain isn't big enough.

Thank you. Never liked your posts.

SmiffyPie
06-01-2019, 06:48 PM
Thank you. Never liked your posts.Nor me yours. Kiss arse, bigoted, racist.

navypie
06-01-2019, 06:54 PM
We were driving home out of Leeds in a Mini Van giving it large to the Leeds fan when the traffic lights turned to red .................... the next few minutes would make Elite smile ����������

I remember being on a minibus driving through Stoke. We were on our way back from a stag weekend in Blackpool when we saw some lads we and opened up with our water pistols.Well, the lights turned to red .

navypie
06-01-2019, 06:55 PM
Nor me yours. Kiss arse, bigoted, racist.

Ok. Thick.

ps. And another one who never goes.

LaughingMagpie
06-01-2019, 07:01 PM
One chant I do like is "Can we play you every week". It usually means we have scored a few and belittles other teams and their fans.

I know. I have a long memory.

jackal2
06-01-2019, 07:04 PM
You know the one 'How s**t must you be ' Notts are 3-1 up and so it begins. Must have filled our lads with confidence.

Lots of fans do it. If our poor, delicate flowers of players were affected by that, then it simply confirms our worst suspicions about them.

navypie
06-01-2019, 07:08 PM
Nor me yours. Kiss arse, bigoted, racist.

Kiss arse , no . Bigoted, open to interpretation . Racist , what the fcuk are you talking about you half wit.

navypie
06-01-2019, 07:15 PM
Lots of fans do it. If our poor, delicate flowers of players were affected by that, then it simply confirms our worst suspicions about them.

Yeah I know. The point this arse licking bigoted racist was trying to make was you could see the confidence the players had when we went 3-1 up yesterday . I would have liked the Notts fans to sing their names.

Scanlon's Hatrick
06-01-2019, 07:24 PM
We were driving home out of Leeds in a Mini Van giving it large to the Leeds fan when the traffic lights turned to red .................... the next few minutes would make Elite smile 😟😟😟😏😏

I was there too, not a night to be wearing a Notts' scarf walking away from the ground.

SmiffyPie
06-01-2019, 07:32 PM
Ok. Thick.

ps. And another one who never goes.Needed a bit of time to think about that one Pugwash :P And how would you know if I go or not?

navypie
06-01-2019, 07:54 PM
Needed a bit of time to think about that one Pugwash :P And how would you know if I go or not?

Absolutely. Been a long journey back from Colchester.

ps. " Pugwash" I try to be not so original.

nay123
06-01-2019, 10:10 PM

Loudest iv ever hurd it was Leeds away was it Ian scanlon that scored the winner

uysapie
07-01-2019, 12:26 AM
Loudest iv ever hurd it was Leeds away was it Ian scanlon that scored the winner

Now that was a night to remember, both for the goal and trying to avoid getting away from the ground without serious injury.

i961pie
07-01-2019, 05:53 AM
Ok. Thick.

ps. And another one who never goes.

He does Navy and he travels a long way

MagpieMike
07-01-2019, 12:28 PM
My favourate Notts chant is "its just like watching Juve." Not heard it much lately, not really sure why :s:s:s

ncfcog
07-01-2019, 01:26 PM
"We are the nutters, the nutters from Notts!"

"We're the barmy County Army la,la la, la la!"

"We'll take more care of you, Fashanu, Fashanu!"

"Can u swim, can u swim, can u swim?"

As for the 'Nottingham, Nottingham' chant I always thought that was more Florist as well and we used to sing "Not-Not-Not-Not Nottingham, Nottingham, Nottingham!"

SwalePie
07-01-2019, 01:37 PM
"We are the nutters, the nutters from Notts!"

"We're the barmy County Army la,la la, la la!"

"We'll take more care of you, Fashanu, Fashanu!"

"Can u swim, can u swim, can u swim?"

As for the 'Nottingham, Nottingham' chant I always thought that was more Florist as well and we used to sing "Not-Not-Not-Not Nottingham, Nottingham, Nottingham!"

"We are black; we are white. We are 'flipping' dynamite!"

TheProphet
07-01-2019, 01:51 PM
I never liked Wednesday signing "We're Sheffield Wednesday, we do what we like" but I'm also not a fan of most of the new chants that come out these days, every team copies them and you have both teams signing the same songs with one or two words changed. No originality anymore.

slack_pie
07-01-2019, 01:58 PM
I never liked Wednesday signing "We're Sheffield Wednesday, we do what we like" but I'm also not a fan of most of the new chants that come out these days, every team copies them and you have both teams signing the same songs with one or two words changed. No originality anymore.

It's a bit like Millwall's 'No one likes us, we don't care' chant. They got it the wrong way round - no one cares.

Jeekay56
07-01-2019, 02:11 PM

BSL or Makaton? :o

ncfcog
07-01-2019, 02:12 PM

"La la la, la la la, la la laaa . . . ooh!"

i961pie
07-01-2019, 04:34 PM

We are black we are white we are also a load of sh-te.

Woodsetts_Pie
07-01-2019, 07:07 PM
I thought we'd gone all Cockney with this one.
(Take the h out and try what's left with a Cockney accent, works a treat)

nay123
07-01-2019, 08:16 PM
I thought we'd gone all Cockney with this one.
(Take the h out and try what's left with a Cockney accent, works a treat)

Cop singing this city is ours when only 5/6,000 in the ground

queenslandpie
08-01-2019, 02:04 AM
Never liked the “Nottingham, Nottingham” chant at Notts, cos I think it’s really a Forest chant.

Should go back to the old days and a big “County, County” for when the players come on to the pitch.

How can it be a Forest chant when they are not even based in Nottingham? It should be ours by right and they should be legally banned from using it and any fan chanting it made to watch Notts at home as punishment.

slack_pie
08-01-2019, 06:37 AM
How can it be a Forest chant when they are not even based in Nottingham? It should be ours by right and they should be legally banned from using it and any fan chanting it made to watch Notts at home as punishment.

"West Bridgford, West Bridfgord" doesn't have the same ring to it.

drillerpie
08-01-2019, 07:06 AM

Completely agree with this.

Elite_Pie
08-01-2019, 10:47 AM

I also dislike that. Surely the cop should be controlling the crowd rather than singing songs.

SongBird
08-01-2019, 12:25 PM
Who remembers "oh Notts County, the only football team to come from Nottingham" from the 90's?

i961pie
08-01-2019, 12:36 PM
I also dislike that. Surely the cop should be controlling the crowd rather than singing songs.

You will cut yerself one day EP>;)

MagpieTony
08-01-2019, 12:51 PM

It had a bit of resonance during the early Munto days when we were going to be the new Barcelona but evaporated as quickly as the dream.

SwalePie
08-01-2019, 01:34 PM

I bet everyone laughed at him though. The Laughing Policeman in reverse.

SwalePie
08-01-2019, 01:35 PM

That's a bit harsh. Surely a 10 years' hard labour sentence is enough?