PDA

View Full Version : Who is that screaming high pitched female football commentator covering the FA Cup?

Brin
07-01-2019, 08:48 PM
The one who covered the Sheff Utd v Barnet game. Her voice completely irritates and goes through me.

Even the good lady said her voice is so not suitable to commentate on anything, such was her deliverance of high pitched
screeching etc.

flourbasher
07-01-2019, 09:06 PM
There was a classic from the commentator in the first half of the Wolves Liverpool match.......
What a great signing Shakiri is......
No 5h1t Sherlock

He's been one of the standout players in recent world and euro tournaments.
I suspect Klopps efforts went something like this...
klopp. I want shakiri
Liverpool. Ok we,ll pay what it takes
klopp. Hello shakiri welcome to the club.

Hazza Has A Gazza
08-01-2019, 03:22 AM
The one who covered the Sheff Utd v Barnet game. Her voice completely irritates and goes through me.

Even the good lady said her voice is so not suitable to commentate on anything, such was her deliverance of high pitched
screeching etc.
Might be the same one who commentated on one of the Saturday games, can't remember which one though. Horrible to listen to and trying too hard to sound like a traditional male commentator, way too hard, to the point where it might as well be a male commentator. And even if it was a male commentator, I still would find that voice and delivery very irritating.

hotun
08-01-2019, 12:24 PM
Turn the sound off its not compulsory to listen to all the tripe

JohnLeedsMiller
08-01-2019, 12:37 PM

screeching etc.

Totally agree mate. She is truly awful. Not only does it not sound right she is more exaggerated than even Motson was. She has been creeping onto the last game on Match of the Day, but recently I have noticed she has started to do the 2nd to last or 3rd to last. So its obvious what is going on. Introduce her slowly and move her up the schedule.

I don't know why the BBC are doing this, well I can guess actually. I don't mind Gabby presenting MOTD she is great, and don't mind Alex Scott as a pundit as well, but not the commentary please.

Ohh and she did a game in the world cup as well. I suddenly thought I wonder if I can get it in Welsh on the red button. That is how bad she is, I was actually thinking there might be another language I can listen to and still get the crowd noise. Fortunately there was the 5 live commentary on the red button so had that. I wonder how many others did the same as me.

great_fire
08-01-2019, 02:31 PM
Men are better at some things than women and vice versa, something that feminists will never admit.

great_fire
08-01-2019, 02:33 PM
Totally agree mate. She is truly awful. Not only does it not sound right she is more exaggerated than even Motson was. She has been creeping onto the last game on Match of the Day, but recently I have noticed she has started to do the 2nd to last or 3rd to last. So its obvious what is going on. Introduce her slowly and move her up the schedule.

I actually think it depends on the game, they have given her the less exciting fixtures but a couple of times recently they've actually been some of the better games so she's been moved up the schedule.

But you're right the BBC are hoping we'll get used to her and then give her the more high-profile games to comment on. Just one brief look at the BBC news site shows they're utterly obsessed with identity politics and political correctness.

ragingpup
08-01-2019, 05:08 PM
I actually think it depends on the game, they have given her the less exciting fixtures but a couple of times recently they've actually been some of the better games so she's been moved up the schedule.

But you're right the BBC are hoping we'll get used to her and then give her the more high-profile games to comment on. Just one brief look at the BBC news site shows they're utterly obsessed with identity politics and political correctness.

Fire, you've coined me up again. Had bet with same guy that you would reply to this text commenting that the BBC are obsessed with identity politics! Kerchingggg. Ta pal

great_fire
08-01-2019, 06:47 PM
Fire, you've coined me up again. Had bet with same guy that you would reply to this text commenting that the BBC are obsessed with identity politics! Kerchingggg. Ta pal

Today:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46793406

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-46795596

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-london-46783305/i-can-t-change-my-height-but-i-won-t-be-defined-by-it

jocksgloves
08-01-2019, 08:13 PM
WOMEN! Know your place. (Mr Chomondley-Warner1948).

Acido
08-01-2019, 08:25 PM
Is it Vickie Sparks, the bird who totally screeched and annoyed fans during her appalling Bbc World cup commentaries ?.
If they are going to keep on doing this, then surely they should hire ones who are good and are decent to listen to.
And NO, John Motson wasn't that great either was he, he screeched way too much as well. :P

millmoormagic
08-01-2019, 09:55 PM
WOMEN! Know your place. (Mr Chomondley-Warner1948).

Haha, indeed....

josephb88
09-01-2019, 01:07 PM
I’m thinking maybe all football commentators don’t deserve to be listened to since they’re pretty much all a bit stupid. The commentator for the cup game kept calling Ajayi Sammy Ajeyi. Watch the game instead. Commentators aren’t worth criticising.

great_fire
09-01-2019, 02:18 PM
Is it Vickie Sparks, the bird who totally screeched and annoyed fans during her appalling Bbc World cup commentaries ?.
If they are going to keep on doing this, then surely they should hire ones who are good and are decent to listen to.
And NO, John Motson wasn't that great either was he, he screeched way too much as well. :P

They could get Tanya from Look North to switch from rugby to football, she's got a deep voice.

millertop
09-01-2019, 02:34 PM
I wondered if it was her, whoever it is needs to get out and find a job where she doesn’t need to use her voice

great_fire
09-01-2019, 03:40 PM
I wondered if it was her, whoever it is needs to get out and find a job where she doesn’t need to use her voice

If someone had said that to Bob Dylan we would have missed out on some great songs :p

Acido
09-01-2019, 08:32 PM
If someone had said that to Bob Dylan we would have missed out on some great songs :p

Bob Dylan, wasn't he the bloke who sounded like a bad broken hoover, when he sang ? lol.
And as for our Look North Tanya, I bet she could teach the blokes a few things when it comes to deep voices and shouting. :P