PDA

View Full Version : Dunfermline

TangerineDream
09-01-2019, 03:39 PM
Looks like they have punted their manager , Allan Johnston, 3 days before we play them.

Hope this works in our favour ffs.

TangerineDream
09-01-2019, 03:44 PM
Sandy Clark also emptied. Stevie effin Crawford in cherge for Saturday .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46812987.

Chick A Saw
09-01-2019, 04:19 PM
Heard before Christmas that there was a growing number of the support who wanted Johnson out although they knew the financial situation! I joked wi the lad that a change at the right time might be a factor in our promotion hopes, just hope it doesnt come true!

Arabdad
09-01-2019, 08:44 PM
Any team that needs a new manager bounce just has to rock up to Tannadice and we'll hand it to them on a plate.

LSArab
09-01-2019, 11:34 PM
It’s ironic that we tried to get Crawford and he is Neilson’s pal. Now they might kill off out title chances

offshore_arab83
10-01-2019, 04:41 PM
Crawford now confirmed as manager and Jack w@nknamara confirmed 'consultant'

rodent

TangerineDream
10-01-2019, 06:44 PM
Sackie as a “consultant”, what the fek are they thinking about XD.

Another club for him to ruin.

PortugueseFrank
10-01-2019, 06:49 PM
McNamara has a sports consultancy company call Consilium Sports.

Can't write it.

Should be ConSillyMen Sports

offshore_arab83
10-01-2019, 06:56 PM

Can't write it.

Post of the year so far

LSArab
10-01-2019, 10:45 PM

Can't write it.

Con Silly Ones hopefully won’t have time to make a difference before Saturday.

Noticeable that Rossco and Ayr have tricky matches on Saturday. We really MUST win against the pars.

I’m still thinking we can win title and that is purpose of a busy January. Come on United!!!!

Jeztheshed
10-01-2019, 10:53 PM
We will need to have a better first half than recent home games ffs. Looking for our team to run out there and look like they can be bothered to dig in and win. This could be a significant game for us and we want to to reinforce our hoodoo over the pars

LSArab
11-01-2019, 08:06 AM

Can't write it.

I wonder what the invaluable consultancy advice for Saturday will be....

Play 4-2-3-1

TerryTheTerror
11-01-2019, 08:43 AM
Play 4-2-3-1

Now you mention it, I find it a interesting that playing this formation used to be a big issue on here (Ray and Csaba used to get slated for it) but now it's not really mentioned even though we still use it.

arab81
11-01-2019, 09:19 AM
Well considering Robbies got a mixture of dumb & dumbers signings that were probably brought in for that type of formation what do you expect him to play?
Craig Levine said not long after taking over "We can't play 2 up top yet" again because what had been left behind.
I get you backed Ray & Csaba and you'll still give us all the "Well, you never know what would've happend" but realistically there both in the top 5 managers in our history, and we've had some brutal managers.

Mecca_Sheikh
11-01-2019, 09:19 AM
Now you mention it, I find it a interesting that playing this formation used to be a big issue on here (Ray and Csaba used to get slated for it) but now it's not really mentioned even though we still use it.

I for one am not happy about it.

But, the squad was built around that formation. Now, whether Robbie changes it from January, from July or at all, is not my core priority as a fan right now: the players are an utter midden, almost to a Man.

arab81
11-01-2019, 09:20 AM
*top 5 worst managers*

LSArab
11-01-2019, 09:51 AM

He tried to change it at Alloa but that obviously didn’t work.

When Clark is fully fit two attackers will be more of an option

Formation can work but under Ray and Csaba it was used usually in very defensive way

offshore_arab83
11-01-2019, 10:11 AM

think everyone still hates it, we dont have the players for it, back to basics for me every time, two central mids, two wingers L&R and a big striker and a wee striker. all day long!!!!

LSArab
11-01-2019, 10:21 AM
think everyone still hates it, we dont have the players for it, back to basics for me every time, two central mids, two wingers L&R and a big striker and a wee striker. all day long!!!!

With Clark back we’d have a nice strike partnership with Safranko and Clark.

Need to start scoring some goals from open play if we are going to get out of this division.

TerryTheTerror
11-01-2019, 10:36 AM
I'm not saying this as some sort of backing of Ray and Csaba, just an observation about the talk of formations on here previously being quite a hot topic. Is this something that just gets discussed when folk are disgruntled about the manager?

TerryTheTerror
11-01-2019, 10:37 AM

Interesting that a couple of folk have responded to say Robbie is still using it as we only have the players for it.

offshore_arab83
11-01-2019, 10:44 AM
With Clark back we’d have a nice strike partnership with Safranko and Clark.

Need to start scoring some goals from open play if we are going to get out of this division.

Agreed on both points mate

offshore_arab83
11-01-2019, 10:46 AM
Interesting that a couple of folk have responded to say Robbie is still using it as we only have the players for it.

i agree with Mecca above, we've got players for the formation but in reality we dont as they're sh1te. we dont have players for 4-4-2 but we dont have the quality like Armstrong, Ciftci and GMS to pull off a 4-2-3-1

If that makes sense

Plus i can see the whole holding/defensive mid thing cos defence is still sh1te too

TerryTheTerror
11-01-2019, 10:54 AM
I think the fact we've signed Smith suggests Robbie wants to play this way?

offshore_arab83
11-01-2019, 10:59 AM
I think the fact we've signed Smith suggests Robbie wants to play this way?

or could he be the partner to Safranko, with Clark always injured, in a 4-4-2?

Nesbit Fyvie Stanton Aird
Safranko Smith

Shedboy1971
11-01-2019, 12:33 PM
That could make sense as Smith would drift back as well so 4411 type situation - just not sure nesbitt is a winger but hey ho

Shedboy1971
12-01-2019, 01:56 PM
Cammy starts - Aird no where to be see. Gomis clearance not arrives and Nesbitt on bench.

SIEGRIST, MURDOCH, BOOTH, FRANS, MCMULLAN, FYVIE(C), STANTON, SAFRANKO, M. SMITH, BOUHENNA AND C. SMITH. SUBS: RAKOVAN, CLARK, KING,, NESBITT, ROBSON, THOMAS AND WATSON.

Whitfieldarab
12-01-2019, 01:58 PM
Cammy starts - Aird no where to be see. Gomis clearance not arrives and Nesbitt on bench.

SIEGRIST, MURDOCH, BOOTH, FRANS, MCMULLAN, FYVIE(C), STANTON, SAFRANKO, M. SMITH, BOUHENNA AND C. SMITH. SUBS: RAKOVAN, CLARK, KING,, NESBITT, ROBSON, THOMAS AND WATSON.

Good to have Clark & Nesbitt available to come on.

cybershed
12-01-2019, 04:57 PM
At last! We have taken advantage of results elsewhere.

PortugueseFrank
12-01-2019, 05:02 PM
Well done Robbie and well done Clark after the injury issues.

Big three points.

Ayr away in a fortnight is now huge.

Montrose cup game can hopefully give us chance to get any niggly injuries resolved in time for the visit to Somerset Park.

Chick A Saw
12-01-2019, 05:25 PM
Well done Robbie and well done Clark after the injury issues.

Big three points.

Ayr away in a fortnight is now huge.

Montrose cup game can hopefully give us chance to get any niggly injuries resolved in time for the visit to Somerset Park.

Hard game to watch but 3 points is all that matters i suppose!

Hope we do have a RB inbound as i think Murdoch is out for a week or 6!

Otm_Shank
12-01-2019, 05:38 PM
That is a huge win. Buzzing

Shedboy1971
12-01-2019, 05:58 PM
1st game in my new seat (half ST) - if i go to end of season not hitting the fat moaning ******* sitting next to me it will be a miracle. ****ing George Fox cronies

ahlltanyirhide
12-01-2019, 06:22 PM
Heard on Off The Ball the night that Nicky Clark’s auld man just got his jotters from Dunfermline this week, nae doubt the goal would have been a GIRFUY XD

Shedboy1971
12-01-2019, 06:45 PM
Heard on Off The Ball the night that Nicky Clark’s auld man just got his jotters from Dunfermline this week, nae doubt the goal would have been a GIRFUY XD

he certainly gave it large to the massive fife following lol (what a ****ey home support - what a brass neck eh)

TangerineDream
12-01-2019, 06:49 PM
Poor stuff first half, yet again. Slightly better in the second, yet again.

Well done to Nicky Clark, came on and made a difference.

Massive result considering the Carlsberg results elsewhere.

duke_the_arab
12-01-2019, 07:08 PM
That was absolute phish from start to finish today. Was even worse than last week. Only good thing was results went our way. A half decent team would run away with it.

TerryTheTerror
12-01-2019, 07:50 PM
If every game is like that for the remainder of the season and we win one nil, that'll do me.

Arabknight
12-01-2019, 07:50 PM
Agree fec king awful again today. Team is so negative and hard to watch at best of times. Bt today was worse than last week. That said the main thing is the 3pt.

Whitfieldarab
12-01-2019, 08:07 PM
The goalkeeper & back 4 are exempt from criticism today as they done their jobs - defensively anyway but the other 6 were woeful. Maybe harsh on Cammy Smith but we have zero creativity in midfield and it looks like this is frustrating the hell out of Safranko. Feel sorry for the big fella as he has to work hard as fk for scraps as we're doing nothing for him.

Jeztheshed
12-01-2019, 08:14 PM
We are lucky Dunfermline are so pish and rarely looked at all convincing in the final third as our persistently loose "passing" gave them countless opportunities. All that matters is the result and thank god. If we'd lost and county had won then most would have said game over. If we can find the form and composure that was displayed in some of the early matches under neilson, get the best out of Clark and make a couple of decent signings then we could do this. Come on united. Equally true is that we are more than capable of getting turned over by Montrose next week, going on another ****ey run and barely scraping into the playoffs but that's what makes being an Arab so exciting.

Shedboy1971
12-01-2019, 08:15 PM
no we have ZERO creativity in midfield - thats not harsh thats true. Feel sorry to an extent for Sanfranko but he is frustrating me slightly. My concern is Nesbitt was to be that creative player then we bought smith (who isnt creative but will run at teams and can take set pieces) - nesbitt on the wing is not his best position (said this since smith bought). However, Clark might be the answer here - he is a striker. Sanfranko works hard but he isnt a finisher. I think we can get better but just my opinion.

Chick A Saw
12-01-2019, 08:16 PM
The goalkeeper & back 4 are exempt from criticism today as they done their jobs - defensively anyway but the other 6 were woeful. Maybe harsh on Cammy Smith but we have zero creativity in midfield and it looks like this is frustrating the hell out of Safranko. Feel sorry for the big fella as he has to work hard as fk for scraps as we're doing nothing for him.

Safranko should be exempt from criticism as well. When he got onto the charge down he didnt have any options to aim for in the middle early enough which shows how bad the other 5 were.

RAM1971
12-01-2019, 08:30 PM
no we have ZERO creativity in midfield - thats not harsh thats true. Feel sorry to an extent for Sanfranko but he is frustrating me slightly. My concern is Nesbitt was to be that creative player then we bought smith (who isnt creative but will run at teams and can take set pieces) - nesbitt on the wing is not his best position (said this since smith bought). However, Clark might be the answer here - he is a striker. Sanfranko works hard but he isnt a finisher. I think we can get better but just my opinion.

I wonder what Alan Gordon and Kenny Cameron are doing these days?

Shedboy1971
12-01-2019, 08:32 PM
I wonder what Alan Gordon and Kenny Cameron are doing these days?

lol - i will ask im out on the pish with Kennys nephew ;)

RAM1971
12-01-2019, 08:35 PM
lol - i will ask im out on the pish with Kennys nephew ;)

Don't overstate things to him. I only have until the end of April or beginning of May in mind.