PDA

View Full Version : Championship Title/Automatic Promotion; Make or Break Transfer Window

cybershed
12-01-2019, 05:39 PM
I've pretty much said it all in the title. I love where we are placed in the table - tucked in behind the leaders with the title all to play for.

Sounds like RN and MarkO are both up for promotion THIS season. We know that the current squad have struggled, and signings will come. I think Robbie's made a reasonable start. But expect more to come.

I think we're going 'all in' for the title now. Should make for an interesting season.

USArab
12-01-2019, 05:48 PM
There will be a few twists and turns, ups and downs for the current top three, I hope this is the end to United’s sticky patch and the beginning of Rossco’s and Ayr’s.

psych
12-01-2019, 05:51 PM
Since being relegated this is the best chance we have for automatic promotion. Psychologically today was huge.

Shedboy1971
12-01-2019, 05:56 PM
I feel we got a new signing today in Clark - if he stays fit. For all Sanfrankos efforts he may be the one replaced if Clark keeps fit and we buy another striker

Chick A Saw
12-01-2019, 06:12 PM
There will be a few twists and turns, ups and downs for the current top three, I hope this is the end to United’s sticky patch and the beginning of Rossco’s and Ayr’s.

Far too many teams have a good 2nd half of a season to think we have turned a corner yet. Need to sort out the attack as they aint producing enough quality yet!

Whitfieldarab
12-01-2019, 06:26 PM
I stuck £20 on us winning the league this morning and got 6/1 but after 80 minutes I was wishing I'd kept it in my pocket. Thon was horrendous - by both teams.

This must be the worst championship in history. The team that wins it won't necessarily be the best team in the league, they'll have to fight, grind and be lucky.

Shedboy1971
12-01-2019, 06:33 PM
Agree Whitfield - no skill only ayr once did i see a team who could play the have shot their bolt though. I wonder if you can bet on a united player on right never finding a pass all game? everytime there was a dunfermline player there - been like that for years. As for throw in ffs thats been a utd for life thing i suppose.

we have just been lucky. dunfermline offered more in my opinion (albeit dirty diving cvnts)

dreamoftangerine
12-01-2019, 06:49 PM
Think everyone knows it’s about momentum and going into this part of the season we have a great chance to build some of it. New players coming in and (hopefully) the dross getting horsed out may give us the kick up the erse we need.

Robbie has said several times that to get up and stay up we need a nucleus then add quality as we go. Hoping that he will get plenty time with the new Board this week to discuss a solid plan of attack!

JUSTaway
12-01-2019, 07:35 PM
we've just had a great run of fixtures to get points and build momentum, the bottom four, and three of them at home, but performances have got worse since the loss to Alloa.

Oddsox
12-01-2019, 08:23 PM
Alloa are a decent team!
I think they will finish above Ayr.
Infact there is very little between all the teams in the league. If we can go on a run similar to when RN came in, we will be back in the sock, & back to ****ing up the huns.

Eamons_lost_wig_04
12-01-2019, 08:30 PM
we've just had a great run of fixtures to get points and build momentum, the bottom four, and three of them at home, but performances have got worse since the loss to Alloa.

I get what your saying and we really do need to perform a lot better but in this league it does seem to be any team no matter if they are in bottom half or not can pull out a few wins v the teams above them....new players in for us is the key!

Shedboy1971
12-01-2019, 08:31 PM
Another point here - Fyvie looks finished. He got MOTM from utd website but stanton and others having to cover for his lack of pace. Something not right. Hope Jimmy can cover here.

dreamoftangerine
12-01-2019, 08:37 PM
You’re right there isn’t much between any of this lot. Points are going to be flying about in every direction right up until the final day. But the pace and movement of the team during RN’s first few games was much better and that’s what we need to recapture...

Whitfieldarab
12-01-2019, 09:46 PM
You’re right there isn’t much between any of this lot. Points are going to be flying about in every direction right up until the final day. But the pace and movement of the team during RN’s first few games was much better and that’s what we need to recapture...

True about RN's first few games, we're now relapsing into the guff Shabba served up.

I trust Robbie to make his own mark on the team but it will take time. Maybe even next season.

ahlltanyirhide
12-01-2019, 09:57 PM
Think everyone knows it’s about momentum and going into this part of the season we have a great chance to build some of it. New players coming in and (hopefully) the dross getting horsed out may give us the kick up the erse we need.

Robbie has said several times that to get up and stay up we need a nucleus then add quality as we go. Hoping that he will get plenty time with the new Board this week to discuss a solid plan of attack!

My heart tells me I wanted United to go up anyway possible, play nice, play sh*te whatever it takes, just get tae phukk oot this league.

However my head says Robbie is bang on, if we don’t have a nucleus when we get there we will get hosed on every week, we could crash and burn big time an I dinna think I could handle “going up going down Dundee United”, phukk living that way. But my real concern is that I don’t think, except Safranko, we have another player capable of holding their own against much better opposition.

It’ll have to be a transfer window of epic proportions to form a nucleus of players that will become the heartbeat of Robbies team!

Here’s hoping it all comes good.......over to you Mr O

TerryTheTerror
12-01-2019, 09:58 PM
You think folk will be happy for Robbie to stay if he doesn't get us promoted? I certainly will but I'm not sure about others.

chiefers
12-01-2019, 10:08 PM
You think folk will be happy for Robbie to stay if he doesn't get us promoted? I certainly will but I'm not sure about others.

I would

jjaflup22
12-01-2019, 10:44 PM
Agree Whitfield - no skill only ayr once did i see a team who could play the have shot their bolt though. I wonder if you can bet on a united player on right never finding a pass all game? everytime there was a dunfermline player there - been like that for years. As for throw in ffs thats been a utd for life thing i suppose.

we have just been lucky. dunfermline offered more in my opinion (albeit dirty diving cvnts)

It's quite unbelievable, I can hardly think that they strung more than 3 passes together in the whole game. How can that be possible, what do they do all week?!

LSArab
12-01-2019, 11:14 PM
I feel we got a new signing today in Clark - if he stays fit. For all Sanfrankos efforts he may be the one replaced if Clark keeps fit and we buy another striker

I agree Clark and his goals could have a big impact. Safranko though puts in a power of work. His pressing and winning ball back has got us a good few goals. I think Clark and Safrnko both have to play

ahlltanyirhide
12-01-2019, 11:31 PM

Dunno, it’s early days but I’m not seeing any direction, not seeing anything that leads me to believe a change is coming, hopefully it does but I can see us scratching around for few years yet, whether that be in the top championship, or lower premier. If he’s gonna get a chance to build a proper team then it’s gonna be a wee while like.

Pity the dees weren’t playing though, could have been a perfect weekend

FTD4life

PortugueseFrank
13-01-2019, 01:31 AM
Patience required.

As Robbie said, can't solve recruitment mistakes stretching back years in one window.

We need to accept it will take probably 4 windows to truly set us on the right path.

Instant success is unlikely.

Livi have a core of about 7 players that have been there for over 2 and a half years. Ayr have a core that's been there for donkeys.

We need to give a manager time to build a core.

TerryTheTerror
13-01-2019, 06:42 AM
Totally agree Frank. Recent evidence suggest a lot of fans don't have that appetite though.

JelloBiafra
13-01-2019, 08:39 AM
Another point here - Fyvie looks finished. He got MOTM from utd website but stanton and others having to cover for his lack of pace. Something not right. Hope Jimmy can cover here.

Yep. Get out the team for next 3/4 games and get fit please. Otherwise needs dropped. Fyvies email like pace was first blatantly obvious in.the Friday night horror show v Ayr. He must not play at Somerset in my view.

Arabdad
13-01-2019, 08:39 AM
Given the amount of dross we have on board I hand on heart believe we will still struggle to get out of this league this season. If Robbie can get his core team in place this season and get us up next year in a position to keep us up I think I'd prefer that to going up this year and coming straight back down.

LSArab
13-01-2019, 08:52 AM
Given the amount of dross we have on board I hand on heart believe we will still struggle to get out of this league this season. If Robbie can get his core team in place this season and get us up next year in a position to keep us up I think I'd prefer that to going up this year and coming straight back down.

If we can get to spl then can buy spl players.

With Ogren investment and RN as manager no chance we’d go down. Bottom of SPL is really poor

tHeArAb
13-01-2019, 09:24 AM
Yep. Get out the team for next 3/4 games and get fit please. Otherwise needs dropped. Fyvies email like pace was first blatantly obvious in.the Friday night horror show v Ayr. He must not play at Somerset in my view.

My emails usually get sent pretty quickly???

offshore_arab83
13-01-2019, 10:55 AM

i would always play both together personally

offshore_arab83
13-01-2019, 11:07 AM

yeah i dont think anyone has any doubts about RN

offshore_arab83
13-01-2019, 11:47 AM
Totally agree Frank. Recent evidence suggest a lot of fans don't have that appetite though.

i think we all knew with Mixu, McKinnon and Csaba that they werent the right men

Mixu talked pish and made some horrendous decisions like Demel on the weeng and Morris as a wing back

Raymond was poor overall and missed the obvious

Csaba was poor, really poor. should never have been given a pre season. Lyng ffs

Robbie speaks well, has a proven record in Scotland. Has identified the same issues we have all spoke about for months. I get good vibes from him and its been a while for me to say that about a manager

offshore_arab83
13-01-2019, 12:01 PM

disagree, get the f uck out this league now and then build in the summer to keep us up!

shedka
13-01-2019, 12:20 PM

No they do, just not with a clown in charge

shedka
13-01-2019, 12:21 PM

We won't go straight back down regardless of when we go up

TerryTheTerror
13-01-2019, 05:18 PM
No they do, just not with a clown in charge

I hope you are right, our previous two manages have suffered because of this though.