PDA

View Full Version : Short memories...

SwalePie
23-01-2019, 12:59 PM
At a time when a small but noisy group of followers (can't possibly use the word 'supporters' in this context) are calling for Alan Hardy to 'leave the club', which is in itself a bizarre thing to request from the man that owns it, a reread of this article from 2016 might be apt...

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2016/november/a-plea-from-the-heart/

EDIT: ignore the author and read the content ;)

JoePass
23-01-2019, 01:08 PM
At a time when a small but noisy group of followers (can't possibly use the word 'supporters' in this context) are calling for Alan Hardy to 'leave the club', which is in itself a bizarre thing to request from the man that owns it, a reread of this article from 2016 might be apt...

I think you could find someone better to speak up for our owner, not the best type of person. Check him out.

SwalePie
23-01-2019, 01:09 PM
I think you could find someone better to speak up for our owner, not the best type of person. Check him out.

Agreed but this is from 2016 under Ray Trew. It's the content that is relevant.

BigFatPie
23-01-2019, 01:10 PM

Nice one Swale, I hear Harold Shipman is about to give his vote of confidence as well.

SwalePie
23-01-2019, 01:11 PM
Nice one Swale, I hear Harold Shipman is about to give his vote of confidence as well.

:) Haha. Have you read it though?

countygump
23-01-2019, 01:14 PM

This week, I am mostly vaping 'Harold Shipman's delight'. Taste like cr@p but nice when the pethidine kicks in.

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
23-01-2019, 01:23 PM

Sorry Swale, bad choice !
I refuse to read or show interest in anything that a convicted *** offender has to say !
Simple as that

i961pie
23-01-2019, 01:26 PM
Was he a *** offender? I thought he just murdered his patients but could be wrong?

irishpete
23-01-2019, 01:29 PM
That nodding dog.Feck me talk about an @rse licker,did you ever hear the tool on matchtalk?

maddogslater
23-01-2019, 01:29 PM
Good point swale though I doubt some have minds to focus

Bridg4d_Pie_
23-01-2019, 01:41 PM

I will drink to those words Joe.

Elite_Pie
23-01-2019, 01:47 PM
Was he a *** offender? I thought he just murdered his patients but could be wrong?

I think you may have your wires a little crossed i961!

Old_pie
23-01-2019, 01:47 PM
But it was AH who was tweeting that the club was only a couple of points from safety and RT should sell up now.

Notsohumblepie
23-01-2019, 01:53 PM

"Unctuous"
adjective

Excessively flattering or ingratiating;
synonyms: sycophantic, ingratiating, obsequious, fawning, servile, self-abasing, grovelling, subservient, wheedling, cajoling, crawling, cringing, Uriah Heepish, humble, toadying, hypocritical, insincere, flattering, adulatory.

More adjectives are available on demand !

SwalePie
23-01-2019, 03:57 PM
Good point swale though I doubt some have minds to focus

As evidenced by the replies lol

i961pie
23-01-2019, 04:14 PM
I think you may have your wires a little crossed i961!

Wouldn't be the first time EP;D

slack_pie
23-01-2019, 04:46 PM

What I got from that is not only the parallel between the way some of our 'supporters' treated Trew and are now treating Hardy, but also between the mistakes Trew made and the mistakes Hardy is now making. From their unprofessional use of social media to their scattergun approach to recruitment, both owners ruined the promising start they made and jeopardised the future of the club. Such a shame Hardy didn't learn from the mistakes of his predecessor.

Bohinen
23-01-2019, 04:50 PM
As evidenced by the replies lol

What do you expect when you link to an article quoting a child molester.

SwalePie
23-01-2019, 06:34 PM
What do you expect when you link to an article quoting a child molester.

I expect people to read the content. Not knowing the person was a child molester was my mistake here. On a connected subject, do you think it might be wise for the club to remove the article and any others by this person?

JoePass
23-01-2019, 06:41 PM
I expect people to read the content. Not knowing the person was a child molester was my mistake here. On a connected subject, do you think it might be wise for the club to remove the article and any others by this person?

That might be a good idea.

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
23-01-2019, 06:46 PM
To think the football club allowed this piece of vermin to run the kids tuck shop still doesn’t sit right with me !

DelroyFacey22
23-01-2019, 06:50 PM
On a connected subject, do you think it might be wise for the club to remove the article and any others by this person?

Absolutely, I'm surprised the article is still there and I'd imagine it would be removed immediately upon them being reminded about it.

SwalePie
23-01-2019, 06:52 PM
Absolutely, I'm surprised the article is still there and I'd imagine it would be removed immediately upon them being reminded about it.

If anyone has the correct person's contact info either feel free to handle it or let me know and I'l do it.

Lullapie
24-01-2019, 07:24 AM
Does anybody know that Harold Shipman was from Bestwood Estate (and I didn't Google that fact).