PDA

View Full Version : Tom Crawford Gone

Glad2BeAPie
24-01-2019, 04:22 PM
On loan to Fylde till the end of the season. Ardley says he needs game time.

i961pie
24-01-2019, 04:30 PM
Just goes to show the players leaving us are going out on loan to non league clubs. I think that will happen to many of our squad.

Old_pie
24-01-2019, 04:31 PM
A step up for the lad and a chance to play proper football. Well done.

Notts78
24-01-2019, 04:40 PM
Just goes to show the players leaving us are going out on loan to non league clubs. I think that will happen to many of our squad.

If our players go on loan, where else could they go? They go none-League it’s there standard. If they stay in the League and play for any team ( all are above us remember ) then there would be up roar.

Chicken Balti Pie
24-01-2019, 04:42 PM
If our players go on loan, where else could they go? They go none-League it’s there standard. If they stay in the League and play for any team ( all are above us remember ) then there would be up roar.

Much like Curtis Thomson last year!

Bridg4d_Pie_
24-01-2019, 05:10 PM

It looks highly likely that's where we be playing next season too with our Premier League standard Dressing Room too, the only thing missing from the Dressing Room was some League Two standard footballers.

Over to you Big Alan.

jscarr
24-01-2019, 07:56 PM
It's a good chance for him to go and develop. And if he does well maybe he can play a part next year.

youstylishmagpies
25-01-2019, 09:48 AM
Good move all round. If he does well he could play a part next season.

drillerpie
25-01-2019, 10:24 AM
Would've liked to see him get a run of games with us but if that's not happening then the next best thing would be to get him playing regular football.

symewillscore
25-01-2019, 07:23 PM
Perhaps a 'sticky' youth thread / academy thread would be good.

Elite_Pie
25-01-2019, 07:53 PM
Perhaps a 'sticky' youth thread / academy thread would be good.

It would be good. It could detail all the players we have released and the level they currently play at. Then we can make a rational decision on the effectiveness of the youth system rather than saying "they would all have been great players with decent coaching".

I predict the conclusion would be that we struggle to attract talent rather than that they are ruined by poor coaching.

symewillscore
25-01-2019, 09:10 PM
More than probably true....but it may inform the real stakeholders (the fans) of what may come through the ranks... interesting at least regardless of the systemic failings (perhaps .. MIG) of the recruitment policy of the club...

nay123
25-01-2019, 10:59 PM
Notts probably won't have a youth system after next season. the football league only fund it for one season if you drop out of the football league.

McCullochisGod
26-01-2019, 02:17 AM
It would be good. It could detail all the players we have released and the level they currently play at. Then we can make a rational decision on the effectiveness of the youth system rather than saying "they would all have been great players with decent coaching".

I predict the conclusion would be that we struggle to attract talent rather than that they are ruined by poor coaching.

He's gone to a club 4 places below us! You'd be better making a rational decision on the way the club has been run for the last 10 years. The youth system has brought in £520,000 in the last 2 years which with FL money pays for the youth system.

McCullochisGod
26-01-2019, 02:22 AM

It must be very difficult to attract talent with no training facilities and poor recruitment staff. Oh yes, what happened to that high performance training centre AH promised on Team Talk that would be up and running by Jan 1st 2019? Oh my gosh it's not there, I can't believe it!

ForeignLegion
26-01-2019, 03:30 AM
MIG, you always seem to be loitering on this board in the early hours of the morning....are you a lady of the night by any chance? Not judging in any way...they perform a ***** service to the community.

McCullochisGod
26-01-2019, 09:11 AM
MIG, you always seem to be loitering on this board in the early hours of the morning....are you a lady of the night by any chance? Not judging in any way...they perform a ***** service to the community.

I'm working nights at the moment yes, in a different profession I'd like to add.

ForeignLegion
26-01-2019, 09:34 AM
why does the word VALID need to be asterisked?

Bridg4d_Pie_
26-01-2019, 09:35 AM

Insomniac, springs to mind.

McCullochisGod
26-01-2019, 09:39 AM
Insomniac, springs to mind.

You actually have a mind? Maybe with your age it's not quite what it was?

Bridg4d_Pie_
26-01-2019, 09:51 AM
You actually have a mind? Maybe with your age it's not quite what it was?

It may not be as quick or as smart as you consider yours to be, but fortunately it has a wealth of knowledge stored and available for use when the moment arises.

Elite_Pie
26-01-2019, 10:32 AM
why does the word VALID need to be asterisked?

I suspect you typed V i t a l rather than valid. That word is always censored because it's the name of a rival site.

OP67
26-01-2019, 11:34 AM
I'm more worried about how quiet it is on the transfer front from Notts. We desperately need a decent striker and it would have been ideal to have got one in the past week so they have time to train with the team.

nw6pie
26-01-2019, 12:15 PM
I'm more worried about how quiet it is on the transfer front from Notts. We desperately need a decent striker and it would have been ideal to have got one in the past week so they have time to train with the team.

Agreed, it would have been the ideal week to bed new signings in. Unfortunately, I guess the players we’re after may have other offers/be waiting for other offers before committing.

Lincoln have had a busy window, strengthening the squad. You can still lay a lot of the blame for this season on our poor transfer window this time last year, when we broke the fundamental rule by being weaker at the end of the month than we were at the beginning of it.

Big Bob
26-01-2019, 12:47 PM
It's a good chance for him to go and develop. And if he does well maybe he can play a part next year.

Yes, it'll be good to get him used to National league football

durhampie
26-01-2019, 12:49 PM

I would assume we have not signed a striker because most of those who have failed us all season are near to full fitness.. God help us if we are pinning our hopes on these shysters to save us..

McCullochisGod
26-01-2019, 01:35 PM
It may not be as quick or as smart as you consider yours to be, but fortunately it has a wealth of knowledge stored and available for use when the moment arises.

Maybe so but it's just not in football is it.

McCullochisGod
26-01-2019, 01:37 PM
I would assume we have not signed a striker because most of those who have failed us all season are near to full fitness.. God help us if we are pinning our hopes on these shysters to save us..

Do you honestly believe there will be decent strikers available in the January window? Scotty needs to beam you up!

magpie_mania
26-01-2019, 01:38 PM
He's gone to a club 4 places below us! You'd be better making a rational decision on the way the club has been run for the last 10 years. The youth system has brought in £520,000 in the last 2 years which with FL money pays for the youth system.

Quite an accurate figure there.

Bridg4d_Pie_
26-01-2019, 01:58 PM
Maybe so but it's just not in football is it.

Each to their own, what a boring place the world would be if we all considered ourselves to be Smart @r$es such as yourself.

ForeignLegion
26-01-2019, 07:18 PM
I suspect you typed V i t a l rather than valid. That word is always censored because it's the name of a rival site.

I think you suspect correctly, or I suspect you think correctly.