PDA

View Full Version : Match Ratings vs. Lincoln City 02.02.19

optipez
02-02-2019, 08:55 PM
I'll go first then.
Schofield 6. From the Kop it looked like he should have saved the goal to be honest. It was a long way out and his feet didn't move before he dived. Not all his punches were convincing. He did put Akinde off though. Ha Ha.

Rose 8 . Very solid. He's supposed to be a midfielder but acquitted himself really well at right back. Got forward but defended well. At last Tootle has competition.

Milsom 8. Best performance as a LB by anyone all season. Worked like a dog, stopped crossed coming in and was proficient in his passing. Couldn't ask much more of him.

Barclay 7. As part of a pair he was solid , didn't really notice him , which is a compliment.

Stubbs 7. Great debut, the penalty was a travesty from where I was sitting. The forward locked his arm, tripped himself and pulled Stubbs down. From behind it always looks a pen, from in front it's cheating. Would love like to see it again on TV to see if I'm biased or if it was gamesmanship.

Allessandra 5. The goal was his fault really. He over played and dwelt when he should have just laid it off. He's not played a great deal since his injury but he looked a weak link today. He needs to pare his game down and not always take the extra touch.

Boudwijn 7. Immense effort from a player not long back from serious injury.

O'Brien 8. For seventy five mins he bossedd the midfield with Doyle. Hope he stays fit and doesn't get suspended.

Doyle 8. Class act, not just his play but his organisational skills and the way he got in the refs ear. We matched a top of the league team today and he was a massive part of that.

Stead 7.5 Back to his best. Against a very physical defence he won a hell of a lot in the air, laid the ball off to team mates most of the time and had nerves of steel to score the pen after missing his last effort.

CMS 8.5 MOTM. I'm sure most would give it to Doyle or O'Brien but I thought his energy, speed of thought and all round play was fantastic. He just gave Lincoln's defence a hard time, held the ball up and made everyone around him look better. Everything but a goal.w

Subs
Hemmings 7.5 Best of our summer signings, hope he stays fit for the rest of the season he could be crucial.

Gomis 7. Lightening pace but no headless chicken. Thought he was going to score the winner when the ball came to him edge of the box and went across him. Great option to have at this level.

Ardley has seen our deficiencies and done his best to address them. We competed against a team that would have mashed us without his new additions. Left the ground feeling hopeful today, first time in months.

Elite_Pie
02-02-2019, 09:19 PM
Schofield 5.5 - didn't convince on crosses and maybe should have done better with their goal.
Rose 7 - solid defensively and offered something going forward.
Milsom 6.5 - did a good job at left back, certainly a better option than Jones.
Stubbs 7 - looked confident and composed, stood up well to the physical threat they offered.
Barclay 7 - as above.
Allessandra 6 - got involved in the first half, faded as the game went on.
Boldewijn 7 - a constant threat, good to see him back.
O'Brien 7 - formed a good partnership with Doyle, together they addressed one of our biggest problems.
Doyle 7.5* - Always in the action, held midfield together and gave us shape. Looks a very good signing.
Stead 6.5 - led the line well and won more headers than usual.
Mackail-Smith 7 - worked hard to close them down and offered plenty of movement up front.

Subs
Hemmings 6 - did ok when he came on, hopefully still has a part to play.
Gomis 6 - the odd glimpse of promise, let down by his control when his chance came.

A much better performance where we matched them for effort and had a central midfield for once. Unfortunately, the reality is that it's another game ticked off and we're only one point better off. The positive is that if we can repeat this level of performance over the rest of the season, we still have a bit of a chance.

slack_pie
03-02-2019, 05:46 AM
Schofield 5.5 - didn't convince on crosses and maybe should have done better with their goal.
Stubbs 7 - looked confident and composed, stood up well to the physical threat they offered.
Barclay 7 - as above.
O'Brien 7 - formed a good partnership with Doyle, together they addressed one of our biggest problems.
Doyle 7.5* - Always in the action, held midfield together and gave us shape. Looks a very good signing.
Mackail-Smith 7 - worked hard to close them down and offered plenty of movement up front.

Subs
Hemmings 6 - did ok when he came on, hopefully still has a part to play.
Gomis 6 - the odd glimpse of promise, let down by his control when his chance came.

A much better performance where we matched them for effort and had a central midfield for once. Unfortunately, the reality is that it's another game ticked off and we're only one point better off. The positive is that if we can repeat this level of performance over the rest of the season, we still have a bit of a chance.

Looks good to me, but I'd bump our two centre mids up a point each. So good to see two men in midfield who know what they are doing.

nw6pie
03-02-2019, 07:11 AM
Looks good to me, but I'd bump our two centre mids up a point each. So good to see two men in midfield who know what they are doing.

O’Brien was my MOM, linked up with the forwards and always looking for a ball into the forwards’ feet. Is it any surprise Stead had a better game when he was getting better service rather than balls lumped in his general direction? Great to see Enzio back, too. Just need to get him match fit now. We also looked a lot more solid at full back, with more crosses being cut out (even if they were often at the expense of corners in Milsom’s case), and the two young centre halves were excellent.

Two question marks for me: Schofield and Alessandra. Not sure Schofield is actually an upgrade on Fitz - looks uncertain on crosses (the fumble that nearly gave them a goal, the weak punches) and their goal was hit from a long way out and seemed saveable. Lewis, meanwhile, is struggling to get involved in games. We keep saying he needs to get match fit, but he’s been back for a few games now. If Kellett isn’t fit (and is he ever?), I’d give Sam Osborne a go there - he’s earned it after his goals in the under-23s.

ncfcog
03-02-2019, 08:26 AM
I’m going to give Schofield some credit here. Lincoln’s tactics were abhorrent. They tried everything they could to try and intimidate our young CHs and keeper. Every corner they had there were elbows, shirt pulling, foot stamping and overly aggressive pushing being used by their players but to be fair the young keeper handled it well. In a packed penalty area with the likes of Akinde bearing down on you the fact he managed to get any kind of contact on the ball is amazing really, let’s be right he’s not the biggest keeper.

If there was one thing that worried me slightly it would be his kicking which appeared a bit weak and wayward at times but overall thought he stood up to the task well.

ForeignLegion
03-02-2019, 08:53 AM
He's 6ft 3 isn't he? How big would you like him to be...or are you referring to bulk?

ncfcog
03-02-2019, 08:56 AM
He's 6ft 3 isn't he? How big would you like him to be...or are you referring to bulk?

Yes

Woodsetts_Pie
03-02-2019, 09:18 AM
I’m going to give Schofield some credit here. Lincoln’s tactics were abhorrent. They tried everything they could to try and intimidate our young CHs and keeper. Every corner they had there were elbows, shirt pulling, foot stamping and overly aggressive pushing being used by their players but to be fair the young keeper handled it well. In a packed penalty area with the likes of Akinde bearing down on you the fact he managed to get any kind of contact on the ball is amazing really, let’s be right he’s not the biggest keeper.

If there was one thing that worried me slightly it would be his kicking which appeared a bit weak and wayward at times but overall thought he stood up to the task well.

Lincoln tried their best to bully him. Thankfully we now seem to have players in our side who aren't going to stand idly by and let it happen, so there ended up being quite a few amusing handbags/pushing and shoving moments. Good to see players in B&W giving it some in return. It did make me chuckle to see - 10 minutes in - 2 Lincoln players with tissue stuck up their noses. That's when I knew we had a team on the pitch willing to give it some.

LesBradd4England
03-02-2019, 09:30 AM
Enzio was at fault for their goal initially. He didn't do enough to stop their player coming inside. Should have shown him away from goal. Having said that, keeper should of saved it.
Other than that, everyone bar Allesandro excellent and give me hope when I thought all was lost.
He's indecisive and there is no end product.

since41
03-02-2019, 12:54 PM
Enzio was at fault for their goal initially. He didn't do enough to stop their player coming inside. Should have shown him away from goal. Having said that, keeper should of saved it.
Other than that, everyone bar Allesandro excellent and give me hope when I thought all was lost.
He's indecisive and there is no end product.

Schofield did very well to get a hand to their penalty and push it round the post.

maddogslater
03-02-2019, 01:34 PM
Schofield did very well to get a hand to their penalty and push it round the post.

Did he or didn't he ? there players didn't appeal for a corner. Still not convinced by him.

Warnocks Legends
03-02-2019, 02:14 PM
Barclay 7 - as above.

Warnocks Legends
03-02-2019, 02:14 PM
Ooops sorry posted someone else's results

Warnocks Legends
03-02-2019, 02:24 PM
Schofield - 5 looked shaky and kicking a bit off
Rose - 7.5 the lad ran and ran, looked dangerous going forward, assured coming back
Barclay/ Stubbs both a solid 7 both strong in centre, great partnership
Milsom - was this really milsom? 7.5 his best display this season, possibly in a Notts shirt. Assured, dangerous, energetic , passionate
Allesandra - 5.5 some good runs, but end result poor and at fault for goal
O'Brien - 8 strong tackling, good voice, vision, energy the dynamo we have been missing
Doyle MoM - 8.5 tackling, vision,organisation, motivator,nouse, energy the guy had it all. He could even get better with game time
Stead - 7.5 good penalty with nerve, harried, won most aerial balls, energy, passion . Steady mojo is back
CMS - 7.5 The partner Stead needs, great runs, almost got a goal, harried, in refs ear , in defenders ear, always an option
Subs - 6.5 not quite the impact I would of liked but both need game and me to improve fitness
Ardley - 9 better line up,seems to know what we have been missing, hopeful very hopeful

SwalePie
03-02-2019, 02:40 PM
Did he or didn't he ? there players didn't appeal for a corner. Still not convinced by him.

I know the camera angle wasn't helpful but it did look as if he could and probably should have prevented Lincoln's goal. Would be interesting to see from directly in front of or behind the goal

maddogslater
03-02-2019, 02:47 PM
Oh for a Adam Collin, our season could have been so different.

SwalePie
03-02-2019, 02:51 PM
Oh for a Adam Collin, our season could have been so different.

Yes, we could have had a miserable git in goal :D

irish_pie
03-02-2019, 03:39 PM
Yes, we could have had a miserable git in goal :D

Miserable he was Swale but a great organizer , as for the penalty yesterday... I know Akinde missed it but it looked like Schofield would of actualy saved it anyway.

SwalePie
03-02-2019, 03:44 PM
Miserable he was Swale but a great organizer , as for the penalty yesterday... I know Akinde missed it but it looked like Schofield would of actualy saved it anyway.

Yes indeed, I'm still not 100% sure he missed it