PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Neal Ardley

keldsyke
09-02-2019, 05:11 PM
Early days, but seems like things are gradually changing for the better. Massively impressed with his recruitment too.

countygump
09-02-2019, 05:14 PM
Like most, I wondered if last week was a one off. Let's hope it's not. Still think MadDog would do a job for us, teeheee.

CheltenhamPie
09-02-2019, 05:29 PM
Like most, I wondered if last week was a one off. Let's hope it's not. Still think MadDog would do a job for us, teeheee.why do you find it necessary to make such a ridiculous comment?

jscarr
09-02-2019, 05:30 PM
He's done well to get some good quality players in given the position in the table. Lets hope this is the start of something.

Gubbie
09-02-2019, 05:32 PM
At last a positive post about our manager some folk on here expected him to be merlin. Now bring on the stags full house rock and roll coyp

keldsyke
09-02-2019, 05:36 PM
Like most, I wondered if last week was a one off. Let's hope it's not. Still think MadDog would do a job for us, teeheee.

Most?

keldsyke
09-02-2019, 05:39 PM
He's done well to get some good quality players in given the position in the table. Lets hope this is the start of something.

I think you’re right there, to get quality to come here in our position takes some doing. I think if we would have signed The 8 pre-season most would have been impressed.

Elite_Pie
09-02-2019, 05:39 PM
why do you find it necessary to make such a ridiculous comment?

I think he may well have had his tongue firmly in cheek when posting it!

keldsyke
09-02-2019, 05:41 PM

He posted after the transfer window had closed, that we should sack Ardley after he brought the 8 signings in and bring in Martin Allen, he was being serious!!

JoePass
09-02-2019, 05:41 PM

He was brill for us but regretfully a spent force now.

Bridg4d_Pie_
09-02-2019, 05:50 PM
Neil Ardleys Black & White Army, 'nough said.

Florida Pie
09-02-2019, 05:53 PM
I have not had any ads, in the 18 months, I've been using Ifollow.

Florida Pie
09-02-2019, 05:53 PM
Wrong thread....

slack_pie
09-02-2019, 06:01 PM
At last a positive post about our manager some folk on here expected him to be merlin. Now bring on the stags full house rock and roll coyp

Yeah, next week should be fun. Whatever the result, at least we have a team that will give them a game for once.

Big Bob
09-02-2019, 06:06 PM

Seems that way

JoePass
09-02-2019, 06:06 PM
Yeah, next week should be fun. Whatever the result, at least we have a team that will give them a game for once.

Bring on the sister botherers...the Pies are back.

GranthamPie
09-02-2019, 06:11 PM
Massive 3 points today.... we are now a very hard team to beat.

Bring on our 6 fingered cousins.

Redrag
09-02-2019, 06:15 PM
Well Done Neal Ardley

I never thought I'd hear those words. Well done, onwards and upwards.

Warnocks Legends
09-02-2019, 06:22 PM
Fantastic result, but even more impressive, fantastic effort, grit, determination. The new players are making a massive difference. Well done Neil Ardley, I'm going to the game next week with real belief!!!

tied_up_in_notts
09-02-2019, 06:25 PM
Neal knows what he is doing and what he wants from his team and has strengthened it just where it was needed. There's still a long way to go to save the season but I hope we stick with him however it pans out.

optipez
09-02-2019, 06:29 PM
I've had my doubts and staying up is still an enormous ask from where we are but he has addressed our weaknesses first chance he's had with the possible exception of goalkeeper and got some energy and grit into us.
Hats off to Alan Hardy too for dipping back into his pocket.

JoePass
09-02-2019, 06:36 PM
We have a proper manager at last...

Pies4u
09-02-2019, 09:38 PM
Indeed. The fact that Ardley has canned virtually all the dross, having recognised how cr@p they actually are, replacing them with talented battlers speaks volumes for him.

Doyle shows what it takes to operate in central midfield in this league, Stubbs looks assured & composed beyond his years/exoerience & Rose is a genuine, versatile footballer. Compared to the tripe then have replaced they all look quality players. CMS is another, far more effective than Dennis - keeps defenders on their toes & brings guile and awareness.

We look like a team, hopefully there is sufficient time for this "new look team" to salvage something from this debacle of a season so far.

The_Don_ORiordan
09-02-2019, 09:46 PM
For me this would be the greatest of the great escapes.

ForeignLegion
09-02-2019, 10:11 PM
I'll be looking for Jorge Grant to pull up lame this week. Maggies 3 Two Heads 1

IluvNotts
10-02-2019, 12:03 PM
Here here.
I think Neal Ardley is to be warmly congratulated for the team he's built during this January transfer window. There are many FGR fans on their forum commenting on how Notts have been reborn.
I also congratulate and thank Alan Hardy for his backing during his darkest hour.
One concern I have is, are we going to fall foul of the FFP rules and if we do what are the penalties?
I would think this was a major consideration when we shipped out Kristian Dennis. (I see he scored for Grimsby yesterday)