PDA

View Full Version : Qos

LSArab
13-02-2019, 03:05 PM
As I think Connolly has been quoted as saying we have 13 cup finals now with the remaining games in the league

This is what it is all about - we have to get out of this league this year.

St Mirren showed with the new recruits that we are good enough now for the premier league. Add to that robbie’s nouse and further buys in the summer and we would be well set - BUT we need to get there first.

To go up we ideally need to win the title. The play offs are gamed against the championship sides and add to that any potential fixture congestion from the cups.

Rossco and Ayr are nothing special but to overhaul them we need to win almost every remaining match. Something we are capable of but it is a big ask.

We have had some good results against QOS so far and hopefully we’ll have a good away crowd again that won’t be disappointed

No Reynolds on the plastic pitch and no butcher with suspension.

I’m guessing Bouhenna and Fyvie / Gomis to come in.

Think it’s worth keeping the positive momentum with Safranko and Clark both playing and Sow available to get involved at some stage.

Come on United. Match by match let’s finally win this league!!

TerryTheTerror
13-02-2019, 04:02 PM
Robbie is suggesting Reynolds may well play but it looks a little like a smoke screen to me.

ARAbCHNID
13-02-2019, 04:26 PM
Good opening post LSA to start the build-up for Saturday.
72 points we need. 33 from 13 games.
Gonna be tight.

Whitfieldarab
13-02-2019, 05:20 PM
Again, it's simple.

Keep Dobbie quiet and we'll come back with the points.

0-2

TerryTheTerror
13-02-2019, 06:02 PM
Again, it's simple.

Keep Dobbie quiet and we'll come back with the points.

0-2

Unfortunately that's easier said than done this season. You are right though.

Brian_Welsh_is_magic
13-02-2019, 06:07 PM
Heading down Saturday. First time since McCall was almost sacked.
Team is mostly straightforward. Think Reynolds will play, but if not, probably Frans, since he’s made the bench last two games. Which leaves only Butcher to replace. Really not convinced by Fyvie or Gomis at the moment I’m afraid. Both have looked slow and vulnerable. Said before that Bouhenna looks good there. Big physical presence and good passer.
after the Wee Derby we seem to have brilliant options off the bench too, with Sow, McMullan and Nesbitt huge threats to anyone in the league. The team playing well might just be the making of McMullan in particular. Remember how impressive he looked at Dens in his first game. Let’s get that back please Paul.
As Whitfield said, keep the ball away from Dobbie and it’ll be ok.
3-0 United. Let’s put the ****ters up County and Ayr.
Shed Rule

Chick A Saw
13-02-2019, 06:59 PM
St Mirren showed with the new recruits that we are good enough now for the premier league. Add to that robbie’s nouse and further buys in the summer and we would be well set - BUT we need to get there first.

Come on United. Match by match let’s finally win this league!!

Dont know how anyone can gauge our readiness for the top flight on a game against a very poor St Mirren! Mid table Championship side at best. But yes, one game at a time and C'mon!

I would have Frans in at the back and Bouhenna for Butcher. Connelly is the kick up the erse Frans needs and Bouhenna can just stroll about feeding Pawlett, Harkes and Smith to do the damage.

If i had enough funds, i might have taken the run doon for this.

NostradamusArab
13-02-2019, 07:18 PM
.................................................. 1-Siegrist

49-Seaman…………………..55-Connolly………………4-Frans…………………17-Robson

50-Pawlett……....………19-Bouhenna……….……..47-Harkes ………………25-Smith

……………………………………14-Safranko ……..………..10-Clark

Agreed if no Reynolds.
Robson or Booth, that is the question?

Shedboy1971
13-02-2019, 07:20 PM
Robbie is suggesting Reynolds may well play but it looks a little like a smoke screen to me.

he has trained on plastic pitches for weeks. No smoke screen. Will he play? dunno. Was told 3 weeks ago aberdeen have agreed its his decision.

Shedboy1971
13-02-2019, 07:21 PM

Agreed if no Reynolds.

Reynolds is playing - bouhenna isnt playing for us again either. Gomis in there or fyvie. Robson deserves another shot. Booth isnt ready

offshore_arab83
13-02-2019, 07:53 PM

Agreed if no Reynolds.

Bouhenna for Butcher is actually a great move!!! Wont happen though :blue:

cybershed
It's time for Fyvie to step up and re-establish himself as one of our main men.

I'd tell him that. Get him pumped up and start him on Saturday.

A clean sheet would be a godsend on Sat - esp with the Dobe-meister on fire ATM. It would really boost confidence at the back.

I feel like it's gonna be a tight affair. We'll probably have to fight tooth and nail at times. But if we can get the ball up to Safranko & Clark regularly enough throughout the 90 mins, I think we'll win.

But I'm not sure we can manage that. I feel that we may have to settle for a score draw in the end. And hope results elsewhere keep us where we are at least.

offshore_arab83
bouhenna isnt playing for us again either. what makes you say this?

offshore_arab83
13-02-2019, 07:54 PM
It's time for Fyvie to step up and re-establish himself as one of our main men.

I'd tell him that. Get him pumped up and start him on Saturday.

A clean sheet would be a godsend on Sat - esp with the Dobe-meister on fire ATM. It would really boost confidence at the back.

I feel like it's gonna be a tight affair. We'll probably have to fight tooth and nail at times. But if we can get the ball up to Safranko & Clark regularly enough throughout the 90 mins, I think we'll win.

But I'm not sure we can manage that. I feel that we may have to settle for a score draw in the end. And hope results elsewhere keep us where we are at least.

fyive on a plastic pitch? more chance of the wee team winning the scottish cup mate

cybershed
13-02-2019, 07:57 PM
fyive on a plastic pitch? more chance of the wee team winning the scottish cup mate

Why is that?
Is he another one that cant play on plastic pitches cause of the threat of injury?

TerryTheTerror
13-02-2019, 08:04 PM
Why is that?
Is he another one that cant play on plastic pitches cause of the threat of injury?

He hasn't played on any plastic pitch this season.

Shedboy1971
13-02-2019, 08:06 PM
what makes you say this?

sources lol not rated by RN - coach that told me that reyonalds will play on plastic for us

Shedboy1971
13-02-2019, 08:07 PM
fyvie wont play on plastic thats a fact

Daly9
13-02-2019, 08:08 PM
He hasn't played on any plastic pitch this season.

Goes without saying since his only 2 games this season have been for us at Tannadice and St Mirren.

TerryTheTerror
13-02-2019, 08:35 PM
Goes without saying since his only 2 games this season have been for us at Tannadice and St Mirren.

I was on about Fyvie there.

NostradamusArab
13-02-2019, 08:53 PM
Very glad Reynolds is starting if that is the case! Connolly, Reynolds and Butcher are key for this team so missing only one of them may not hurt as much. Time for Gomis to step up and put on a display on the plastic which could be right up his street...hopefully! Just feel we need a bit more muscle in the middle of the park as Butcher has proved since he joined. Hope RN doesn't mess around with a promising formula too much.

Daly9
13-02-2019, 09:35 PM
I was on about Fyvie there.

Apologies 👍

shedka
14-02-2019, 12:06 AM
Difficult game, they have only lost one of their last 13 games at home since we won there earlier in the season

And 4 cleansheets in their last 5 at home

Shedboy1971
14-02-2019, 12:52 AM
they wont keep a clean sheet this time. but will score,. 3-2 us

thefutureistangerine4
14-02-2019, 11:08 AM
Gomis was great on the Montrose plastic (I know its only Montrose but...)

Not sure why Bouhenna has been written off. I rate him as a quality player who has strolled most the games he played in. Would have him at CM for the QOS game. Fyvie giving me the fear a bit just now. He needs some time to get back to his best before being brought back in

ARAbCHNID
14-02-2019, 01:02 PM
sources lol not rated by RN - coach that told me that reyonalds will play on plastic for us

I thought Bouhenna was meant to be one of our better players?
But not in Robbie's eyes?
Do you think Robbie can disown a player pronto, I get the feeling he's a hard nut.
Not complaining mind, as long as the camp is semi-happy.

offshore_arab83
14-02-2019, 01:13 PM
Why is that?

yup, sure is

offshore_arab83
14-02-2019, 01:15 PM

i rate him, i really do like him. Obviously RN has other ideas then eh. as for Reynolds, no way i'd start him, this is potential egg on puss stuff

Whitfieldarab
14-02-2019, 02:05 PM
Bouhenna is decent on the ball but needs some guidance on the defensive part of his game. If Reynolds can't play then I'd play Bouhenna alongside Connolly and let him talk him through the game. I also reckon Bouhenna would make a good defensive midfielder.

Hope Neilson hasn't given up on him, there's a player in there.

stokearab
14-02-2019, 02:45 PM
Bouhenna is decent on the ball but needs some guidance on the defensive part of his game. If Reynolds can't play then I'd play Bouhenna alongside Connolly and let him talk him through the game. I also reckon Bouhenna would make a good defensive midfielder.

Hope Neilson hasn't given up on him, there's a player in there.

No idea who he'll go with to replace Butcher but it's a very important call because we need to take all 3 points. Draws not much use to us at this point if we want to finish top.

ARAbCHNID
14-02-2019, 03:34 PM
Difficult game, they have only lost one of their last 13 games at home since we won there earlier in the season

And 4 cleansheets in their last 5 at home

That's a scary stat. There's really not a bad team in this league. Must be one of the most well-matched leagues around.

TerryTheTerror
14-02-2019, 04:32 PM
One of them was the fun though. :)

Chick A Saw
14-02-2019, 04:43 PM
That's a scary stat. There's really not a bad team in this league. Must be one of the most well-matched leagues around.

With the form that Alloa have shown all season, the resurgence of Falkirk and Partick and Dunfermlines ability to take a good result noo and again, i think the bottom team this season will end up with more than 30 points. The flip side is i have doubts the league champion will see much more than 70 points.

Nervous as hell for this weekend!

bobafett
14-02-2019, 06:35 PM
We've got a really tough run of games coming up and I personally think this is potentially the toughest of the lot. I imagine Gomis will come in for Butch. I'd bring in Bouhena for Reynolds but I gather Robbie will go with Freddie (if the chat on here is to be believed). We'll need to be proper at it to get 3 points.

LSArab
14-02-2019, 09:50 PM

It would be interesting to see the stats on that. Not like last season when Brechin were far behind. Anyone can beat anyone else on their day.

Big thing for United is that despite indifferent form chance is still there.

TerryTheTerror
15-02-2019, 06:05 PM
Seigrist
Seaman Bouhenna Frans Robson
Gomis Harkes
Pawlet Clark Smith
Safranko

Arabdownsouth
15-02-2019, 06:11 PM
Why is that?

He's done his cruciate ligament twice ffs

Arabdownsouth
15-02-2019, 06:13 PM
Seigrist
Seaman Bouhenna Frans Robson
Gomis Harkes
Pawlet Clark Smith
Safranko

You're dropping Connolly TTT?

TerryTheTerror
15-02-2019, 06:20 PM
I gather he's another that isn't keen on plastic. :(

shedka
15-02-2019, 07:30 PM
County about to kick off shortly on bt sport vs East Fife in irn bru cup, so they won't be playing the league fixture originally scheduled

3 pts would be very good tomorrow, however then and ayr will still drop pts too

stokearab
15-02-2019, 09:44 PM
County about to kick off shortly on bt sport vs East Fife in irn bru cup, so they won't be playing the league fixture originally scheduled

3 pts would be very good tomorrow, however then and ayr will still drop pts too

Ross County win so rack up another fizzy cup game to be played in addition to their SC replay coming up Tuesday, PLUS their game tomorrow pp v Falkirk. Can only help

Arab 8010
16-02-2019, 02:03 PM
No Reynolds, Connolly or Fyvie in the 18 today due to the horrible surface. What happens if we get Hamilton in the playoff final?

shedka
16-02-2019, 02:10 PM
We would beat them, that's what

shedka
16-02-2019, 02:24 PM
Why mcmullan over Nesbitt or Smith though, that's mental

LSArab
16-02-2019, 02:39 PM
No Reynolds, Connolly or Fyvie in the 18 today due to the horrible surface. What happens if we get Hamilton in the playoff final?

Oh dear. Thought Reynolds was going to play on plastic for us. Loss of both centre halves is not going to help though Frans and Bouhenna aren’t too bad - good enough that we should still be winning this 🤞🤞🤞

NostradamusArab
16-02-2019, 02:43 PM
Not confident one little bit now. Surely we should keep our recognised and best attacking set-up to keep them away from our pish-poor defence. Their keeper will more than likely play like Buffon! Watch our Centre Back crumble...

shedka
16-02-2019, 03:33 PM
Great attitude, I knew Reynolds wouldn't play, Connolly wasn't sure about, hardly makes our defence pish poor, only puzzling one is mcmullan over Nesbitt or Smith

Plus Queens are solid and don't give much away at home

Jim_Jam
16-02-2019, 03:46 PM
0-1 pen Clark
QOS down to 10 men
C'mon United!

Chick A Saw
16-02-2019, 03:51 PM
only puzzling one is mcmullan over Nesbitt or Smith

Plus Queens are solid and don't give much away at home

Was puzzled by McMullan getting the nod as well, but commentary seems to point to him upping his game yet again this season.

On the other hand, Queens seem to be on an off day!

Jeztheshed
16-02-2019, 04:18 PM
C'mon United! Keep a clean sheet.

Jeztheshed
16-02-2019, 04:54 PM
Brilliant. Gained two points on Ayr with a win over a side that is difficult to beat away from home. With Ross county getting overburdened with additional fixtures and out lads just getting into their stride conditions are looking increasingly favourable for us

Whitfieldarab
16-02-2019, 05:07 PM
An excellent away win.

Mr_Brightside
16-02-2019, 05:14 PM
Great win, we really need a good run of wins now! Raymundos Falkirk next, mon the shed!

tHeArAb
16-02-2019, 05:40 PM
It would be the last game of the season so worth the risk.

Tomb
16-02-2019, 05:44 PM
There is no doubt that Ross County and Ayr were hoping for QOS to do them a favour today on the plastic, this was a great result, and Robbie will be delighted that when he brings in the fringe players because of the plastic concerns then we can still grind out a result, cmon united I'm really confident now we will prevail come the end of the season. Feeling proud again to be an Arab.

psych
16-02-2019, 05:51 PM
That's 3 wins out of 3 since the new recruits came in. The one small concerning pattern is in all 3 games excellent first half, more of a struggle in 2nd half. I think this will get better as all the players get up to speed with match fitness.

offshore_arab83
16-02-2019, 07:26 PM
Great win today and a confidence booster for fringe players who started

cybershed
16-02-2019, 07:41 PM
Absolutely delighted with that result.

Onwards to Falkirk. Can we keep this run going?

C'mon Utd - we can do this!

JUSTaway
16-02-2019, 09:03 PM
great win, in a difficult away fixture, especially with that starting 11, controlled first half, but don't know what happened second half. Gomis had a good first half, but second he was screening the centre halves, and maybe as a result instead of our centre halves coming through and heading away long balls, he was competing for headers against a guy twice his size who was dropping off, and not surprisingly won nothing.

Absolute gift from their defender for our pen, which is a bit worrying considering the chances that we made first half we had to rely on a pen. Pawlett borderline call for offiside goal, went off injured, hopefully nothing. Big win.

offshore_arab83
16-02-2019, 09:55 PM
Did he go off injured? sky sports reported it but my mate who was there said he wasnt injured?