PDA

View Full Version : Fat Women

Romared
16-02-2019, 08:55 PM
My mate ( a big lad ) changed his seat today , and went in the disabled Stand ( he has health issues ) he was sat next to a very large lady , who was constantly apple tarting , blocking people's view and swearing , XD

Acido
16-02-2019, 09:22 PM
My mate ( a big lad ) changed his seat today , and went in the disabled Stand ( he has health issues ) he was sat next to a very large lady , who was constantly apple tarting , blocking people's view and swearing , XD

Its not good enough is it senor Roma, these Italians coming to Oakwell and spoiling the view because they've had too much Lambrini ?. XD

linzbfc
16-02-2019, 10:29 PM
Well it wasn't me!

SBRed48
17-02-2019, 08:48 AM
My mother in law ez that many folds of fat she uses a book mark to help her evva p1ss.

Bernard Manning 1976

linzbfc
17-02-2019, 08:59 AM
I dread to think how that particular gentleman managed to empty his bladder. Some kind of string and pulley system or a vertically challenged assistant perhaps?

SBRed48
17-02-2019, 09:12 AM
The dunt mekkem like Bernard ennimooar.

He cud tella jooak that lad. Ed me in stitches.

SBRed48
17-02-2019, 10:06 AM
Old Barnsley couple go self catering in Spain. Unpacking Mary sharts "Hey Albert, av forgotten to pack the Bisto. Knock on that dooar opposite and see if thev gorrenni".
Albert guz ovva and when dooar oppens he sez "Asta enni Bisto ?". Man sez to his wife, "Thuzza Spanish bloke at the door, can't understand him".

Bernard Manning

linzbfc
17-02-2019, 10:24 AM
Overheard in Poundstretcher Barnsley yesterday...
Woman 1 : Worrav a come inear fo?
Woman 2 : Aaah dunt no
Woman 1 : Aaah dunt eethu

pass_and_move
17-02-2019, 10:36 AM
Them 70s comedians were class. Bernard Manning, George Roper, Charlie Williams, Jim Bowen, Ken Goodwin, Frank Carson and many more. They could also tell clean jokes on the 'Comedians' show and still make me pyss missen.

animallittle3
17-02-2019, 11:05 AM
Them 70s comedians were class. Bernard Manning, George Roper, Charlie Williams, Jim Bowen, Ken Goodwin, Frank Carson and many more. They could also tell clean jokes on the 'Comedians' show and still make me pyss missen.

Came up the hard way too Pass in working mens clubs when tha had to be good or tha walked off stage to the sound of thi own two feet .

donny tyke
17-02-2019, 02:47 PM
The dunt mekkem like Bernard ennimooar.

He cud tella jooak that lad. Ed me in stitches.

Once went to his club at Manchester. The Embassy. Worst night ever. You had to sup in a round of 8. 8 seats round table. Ash trays were realy for kitty. Waiters doubled as bouncers. Me and me mate were putting endings to all his jokes. After he'd finished compare said "right we're going to have a disco. Management would ask you not to dance" you couldn't make it up. Me. Me mate and some others had a walk down road to a few pubs. Rough as hell. And I mean rough. Made lundwood look like Las Vegas. Worst night worst comedian ever In my book.

Floridatyke
17-02-2019, 03:28 PM
Overheard in Poundstretcher Barnsley yesterday...
Woman 1 : Worrav a come inear fo?
Woman 2 : Aaah dunt no
Woman 1 : Aaah dunt eethu

Headmaster
Willowgarth High!! Grimey late 50's morning assembly

said he was behind some lasses int corridor thought we had some Chinese visitors
lass 1 who washi wi
lass 2 she wo wi a sen

Jules88
17-02-2019, 05:59 PM
Duggie Brown was my favourite......

Acido
17-02-2019, 06:02 PM

Remember when Bernard Manning came across as a really horrible obnoxious person, when sat next to Richard Wilson, on the Mrs Merton comedy chat show. I wonder to this day if he was deliberately being like that, or was he like that him all the time.

linzbfc
17-02-2019, 06:09 PM
Remember when Bernard Manning came across as a really horrible obnoxious person, when sat next to Richard Wilson, on the Mrs Merton comedy chat show. I wonder to this day if he was deliberately being like that, or was he like that him all the time.

Mrs Merton took no nonsense from anyone. Bernard Manning was from a different era. Comedy moves on, it has to reflect society as it is and mock current attitudes. Also BM was at the end of his career by then so had probably lost any humility he might have started out with.

Acido
17-02-2019, 06:15 PM
Mrs Merton took no nonsense from anyone. Bernard Manning was from a different era. Comedy moves on, it has to reflect society as it is and mock current attitudes. Also BM was at the end of his career by then so had probably lost any humility he might have started out with.

Do you remember the show Linz, its easily available on youtoob btw. He was continually bitchy with Wilson, and he started getting offensive and personal about the guests in the crowd etc.
I know his stand up material and the way he did and said things on stage, but I hope he wasn't like that all the time away from the stage.

pass_and_move
17-02-2019, 06:23 PM

Yeah Jules i like him too. He wo in 'the price of coal ' too.

SBRed48
17-02-2019, 06:24 PM

He enjoyed tekkin the p1ss arta the PC mob.

Acido
17-02-2019, 06:27 PM
He enjoyed tekkin the p1ss arta the PC mob.

I know he did Sb and I liked that about him, and I'll admit he made me laugh regularly when to took the mick out of anybody and everybody. But his attitude that night wasn't pleasant and he played the arrogant obnoxious big 'I am' etc.

pass_and_move
17-02-2019, 06:30 PM
Same wi Jim Davidson on that Hells Kitchen. He spoke his mind abart homo***uality and the PC brigade jumped on his back and the lad who took umbrage started ruering acting way over the top. Pathetic.

SBRed48
17-02-2019, 06:32 PM
I know he did Sb and I liked that about him, and I'll admit he made me laugh regularly when to took the mick out of anybody and everybody. But his attitude that night wasn't pleasant and he played the arrogant obnoxious big 'I am' etc.

Probably the "holier than thou" crowd that wor attacking him and it gorron his wick.

Acido
17-02-2019, 06:38 PM
Probably the "holier than thou" crowd that wor attacking him and it gorron his wick.

I remember him on the old YTV James Whale Tv & Radio show, back in the early 90s maybe!.
It was a live phone in show and people would often phone up drunk or just offensive (or both lol), and Whale wasnt always able to cut them off before they swore. :P

One bloke asked "Id like to ask Bernard, when was the last time he saw his d*k ?".
And Manning while laughing himself said "Well tell him to send me a photograph of himself, and theres his answer" (or words to that effect!). ;D

SBRed48
17-02-2019, 06:49 PM
It's different times nardays. The sumtimes tie thussen in knots trying to out PC each other.

The worra tennis lass on today saying a "Trans" man who self identified azza women wo cheeatin if "she" laiked against women. The trans community worrup in arms, the gender equality community wo confused. A dunt know if she wo a black trans or the whole thing wudda gone into meltdarn.

Exiletyke
17-02-2019, 06:55 PM
Nowt wrong wi' this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMnjF1O4eH0

Acido
17-02-2019, 07:00 PM
Yes PC has just gone pathetic these days, theres so many new-gooders just waiting to pounce on comments, and claim all sorts of prejudice etc. :s

Romared
17-02-2019, 08:28 PM
Manning wa a clevaarse cnut, orrible man , disgusting , the way he spock abart and insulted an elderly waitress , at a BFC end ov year event at Ardsley House was appalling , shameful and no need for it , good riddance :mad:

Acido
17-02-2019, 08:37 PM
Manning wa a clevaarse cnut, orrible man , disgusting , the way he spock abart and insulted an elderly waitress , at a BFC end ov year event at Ardsley House was appalling , shameful and no need for it , good riddance :mad:

Don't sit and wait on the fence eh Roma kid, tell us what you really thought/think about him. XD

ps - What does 'Clevaarse' mean eh kid, does it mean the word clever ?. :P

pass_and_move
17-02-2019, 08:41 PM

In a few sporting biographies I've read, the Manning obnoxiousness is mentioned but they generally say he won them over on the whole. Might just be how he was. Tha can't please ivrybody and folk ev different sense of humour.

Romared
17-02-2019, 09:10 PM
Try telling that to to the elderly woman serving food that night , probably late 60's early 70's, doing her job , and he says look at that thing , " she wont be gerrin shagged tonite for sure " Humiliating and uncalled for , nah if sum think that's funny ? It's certainly not my idea of fun , a cheap nasty jibe , that's arr good he wa , shyte, I M O

Exiletyke
17-02-2019, 09:26 PM
Try telling that to to the elderly woman serving food that night , probably late 60's early 70's, doing her job , and he says look at that thing , " she wont be gerrin shagged tonite for sure " Humiliating and uncalled for , nah if sum think that's funny ? It's certainly not my idea of fun , a cheap nasty jibe , that's arr good he wa , shyte, I M O

Roma I couldn't agree more
When he was on the mike he was a bully

Acido
17-02-2019, 09:32 PM
Ok, but what about the people who go to these comedians shows, and they end up complaining about something they've said or done.
Frankie Boyle or Jimmy Carr for example, surely its blatantly obvious isnt it what their style of comedy is, so why do people still go and see them in the first place, if they're 'easily offendable' ?. :O

Romared
17-02-2019, 09:36 PM
Roma I couldn't agree more
When he was on the mike he was a bully
Good to hear Exile , I'm all for a bit of fun , this fella took it too far , picking on people regardless of age / ***/ ability / disorder , poor behaviour , he's one I'm glad I won't ever have to see again .

pass_and_move
17-02-2019, 10:26 PM
Good to hear Exile , I'm all for a bit of fun , this fella took it too far , picking on people regardless of age / ***/ ability / disorder , poor behaviour , he's one I'm glad I won't ever have to see again .

For arguments sake let me point art the original post started by Roma titled 'Fat women' abart a lady in the disabled stand Apple tarting and blocking folks view is oreight then XD

Am a bit confused Roma. A think both thee and Manning are arta order ;D

donny tyke
18-02-2019, 07:32 AM
Was anyone at Japanese whispers the night he walked off because he couldn't handle the heckling??

SBRed48
18-02-2019, 08:39 AM
Aar used to luv him missen. Allus med mi laugh.

The PC lot get confused. The go to these Islington Comedy Clubs to watch these right on "cutting edge" comedians who are worshipped fo swearing and telling the same kind of jooaks. Even Saint Julie Walters took the p1ss arta elderly waitresses wi Mrs Overall.

We all ev different tastes and senses of humour.

Exiletyke
18-02-2019, 09:10 AM
Aar used to luv him missen. Allus med mi laugh.

The PC lot get confused. The go to these Islington Comedy Clubs to watch these right on "cutting edge" comedians who are worshipped fo swearing and telling the same kind of jooaks. Even Saint Julie Walters took the p1ss arta elderly waitresses wi Mrs Overall.

We all ev different tastes and senses of humour.

The difference SB is that Julie Walters was using a characature of a fictitious person where Roma's example was Manning taking the pyss out of someone actually there He had the microphone & used it like the ignorant bully that he was How would it sit with you had the woman been your mum or missus?
It would have been great if the woman's son was in the audience & just feckin decked him. See if he thought that was funny I would have thought it was hillarious

SBRed48
18-02-2019, 09:23 AM
I blame Ardsley House/BFC fo booking him. They and the audience knew exactly worri wo like and I bet the place wo rocking. Ardsley House edda duty of care (am sarnding like the much missed Kerr here XD ) to the elderly waitress and shudda warned her to expect sum strong p1ss taking and given her the chance to work behind the scenes if she wanted. It was part of Manning's act to tek the p1ss arta people walking past the stage.
It's like going to a Frankie Boyle do nardays and expecting Bible readings.

Exiletyke
18-02-2019, 09:35 AM
I blame Ardsley House/BFC fo booking him. They and the audience knew exactly worri wo like and I bet the place wo rocking. Ardsley House edda duty of care (am sarnding like the much missed Kerr here XD ) to the elderly waitress and shudda warned her to expect sum strong p1ss taking and given her the chance to work behind the scenes if she wanted. It was part of Manning's act to tek the p1ss arta people walking past the stage.

SB you've made some sterling efforts over the years to try to defend the indefensible but this isn't one of them in my opinion

There's bad taste, feckin bad taste, really sh1t bad taste then there was Manning

SBRed48
18-02-2019, 09:43 AM
SB you've made some sterling efforts over the years to try to defend the indefensible but this isn't one of them in my opinion

There's bad taste, feckin bad taste, really sh1t bad taste then there was Manning

That was his appeal. It's what his audience wanted and expected. Those who were offended didn't go, those who enjoyed it went.

Tha can't impose personal tastes on ivverybody else.

Ponte_Steve24
18-02-2019, 09:57 AM
I think we live in an age where people are P.C. However, it really offends me when someone who isn't even an acquaintance but knows me feels the urge to point out, "bye you've put some timber on". I want to turn round and say,"who the hell do you think you are".

There aren't any do gooders putting an arm round me. I've got to get on with it. Man up, so to speak.

The same goes for Bernard Manning jokes. If you like that sought of thing buy a ticket. If you don't, don't. It does exactly what it says on the tin.

Exiletyke
18-02-2019, 09:59 AM
That was his appeal. It's what his audience wanted and expected. Those who were offended didn't go, those who enjoyed it went.

Tha can't impose personal tastes on ivverybody else.

So what of the lady serving the food
Can you,hand on heart, say that it was fair game to pick on a member of the staff who would have no idea how to respond to such an experienced arsehole's insults
It was cowardly It is one of the best examples of having power & misusing it
Have you ever met Manning btw?

Romared
18-02-2019, 10:01 AM
For arguments sake let me point art the original post started by Roma titled 'Fat women' abart a lady in the disabled stand Apple tarting and blocking folks view is oreight then XD

Am a bit confused Roma. A think both thee and Manning are arta order ;D It wa my mate it bothered , il not be goowin in theer ageeun he ses ,
iffam arta order al ev to live weeit O:)

Romared
18-02-2019, 10:09 AM
You never saw or heard Ken Dodd or Tommy Cooper behave that way , reason being they were far better , and didn't need to abuse anyone to be funny ,

Exiletyke
18-02-2019, 10:12 AM
[QUOTE=SBRed48;39150867]That was his appeal. It's what his audience wanted and expected. Those who were offended didn't go, those who enjoyed it went.

Roma went but didn't enjoy it

Exiletyke
18-02-2019, 10:22 AM

I blame BFC for booking Ardsley House in the first place
BTW Roma when did this take place?

Romared
18-02-2019, 10:44 AM
Not sure if it was the season we got promoted to the Premiership, or maybe the season before ? It was a mixed gathering that night , Wife's , Girlfriends , Partners , A black tie evening , others in attendance were the Mayor and Local dignitaries , although we were aware of BM and his behaviour , I think most agreed he should have toned it down , singling out the Waitress was awful , and it wasn't just once , it was every time she appeared , just doing her job , inside she must have been very upset , It spoilt the night for me and my wife and my friends and their partners , perhaps he was unable to change his routine ? Perhaps he was the wrong choice ?

animallittle3
18-02-2019, 11:07 AM
It's a contentious issue , let's be clear BFC booked BM knowing full well his style of comedy and his reputation and so did the guests who attended and paid money to attend the evening .

No point in telling BM to tone it down because it's the only thing he has , you would be telling Tommy Cooper he couldn't perform magic tricks in his routine in effect .

BM was indeed a microphone bully , picking on minority groups , racism , homophobia you name it he used it but everyone knew that .

Posters outside his Embassy Club in Manchester told you to keep away if you were easily offended , what more can you do ?

The waitresses are a different matter , they are working , earning a living , totally off limits for anybody with even half a brain and they deserved respect .

pass_and_move
18-02-2019, 11:54 AM
It wa my mate it bothered , il not be goowin in theer ageeun he ses ,
iffam arta order al ev to live weeit O:)

Just laikin devils advocate mi owd, no offence :heart: :D ;D

SBRed48
18-02-2019, 12:22 PM
When a lived in Warrington in the early / mid 70's a went to the Embassy three or four times. Luvved it. Tha knew if tha stood up to go to toilet tha wo a sitting duck fo his p1ss tekkin.

Aar dunt know if this lass wo upset or not at him saying she wunt gerra shag toneet but if she wo upset the Ardsley House management shudda kept her back in kitchen and / or edda word wi Bernard rather than keep sending her art if she wo upset each time. Guests shudda looked at ticket and thought "am not gooin if he is the turn". The knew worri wo like. I wonder if there wo total silence and tumbleweed blowing across the stage after he cracked his shag jooak ? A doubt it.

Willevvto agree to disagree.

animallittle3
18-02-2019, 01:02 PM
When a lived in Warrington in the early / mid 70's a went to the Embassy three or four times. Luvved it. Tha knew if tha stood up to go to toilet tha wo a sitting duck fo his p1ss tekkin.

Aar dunt know if this lass wo upset or not at him saying she wunt gerra shag toneet but if she wo upset the Ardsley House management shudda kept her back in kitchen and / or edda word wi Bernard rather than keep sending her art if she wo upset each time. Guests shudda looked at ticket and thought "am not gooin if he is the turn". The knew worri wo like. I wonder if there wo total silence and tumbleweed blowing across the stage after he cracked his shag jooak ? A doubt it.

Willevvto agree to disagree.

Audience and waitressing are two different things in my opinion .

They are entitled to duty and care and not fair game to be ridiculed , humiliated and have their weight or looks used for cheap laughs .

If my partner had experienced that and came home upset from her place of work they'd be serious consequences and rightly so .

Waitresses working a BM gig are entitled to the same level of respect at work .

No grey area here because it's Bernard Manning , it's wrong .

Romared
18-02-2019, 01:31 PM
Just laikin devils advocate mi owd, no offence :heart: :D ;D
Non teccun Pass , ya bleeda !!!!!

SBRed48
18-02-2019, 03:48 PM
Audience and waitressing are two different things in my opinion .

They are entitled to duty and care and not fair game to be ridiculed , humiliated and have their weight or looks used for cheap laughs .

If my partner had experienced that and came home upset from her place of work they'd be serious consequences and rightly so .

Waitresses working a BM gig are entitled to the same level of respect at work .

No grey area here because it's Bernard Manning , it's wrong .

Thats worra sed. If the lass wor upset the Ardsley management or the BFC Event Coordinator shuddav intervened to show a duty of care. At wunna the shows I went to he ed organised forra soldiers charity I saw him apologise from the mike to sumdi who ed tekken his p1ss tekkin to heart. Do we all know fo sure he dint apologise to this lass when he wo made aware ? Do we even know she wo upset ? Others may ev been upset on her behalf but that is the standard PC position. Lets all jump in and kick 'im wiart knowing all the facts. (My God, I am sarnding like Kerr ).

Exiletyke
18-02-2019, 04:20 PM
Yes you are SB & it's worrying

SBRed48
18-02-2019, 04:27 PM
Yes you are SB & it's worrying

Find a link to me being like Kerr and I won't post on here ivva ageean. Deal ?

SBRed48
18-02-2019, 05:18 PM
Thats worra sed. If the lass wor upset the Ardsley management or the BFC Event Coordinator shuddav intervened to show a duty of care. At wunna the shows I went to he ed organised forra soldiers charity I saw him apologise from the mike to sumdi who ed tekken his p1ss tekkin to heart. Do we all know fo sure he dint apologise to this lass when he wo made aware ? Do we even know she wo upset ? Others may ev been upset on her behalf but that is the standard PC position. Lets all jump in and kick 'im wiart knowing all the facts. (My God, I am sarnding like Kerr ).

I'll self certify.

My word is my bond.

Good luck for the future to all the friends (and enemies) I ev made on here.

Common You Reds !

Exiletyke
18-02-2019, 05:35 PM
I'll self certify.

My word is my bond.

Common You Reds !

Your self cert is invalid SB as I can't see any enemies on here just some with different views

linzbfc
18-02-2019, 05:38 PM
Eeee, this all started cos I ad mi leg rubbed all Satdi afternoon.

Romared
18-02-2019, 06:40 PM
And thuz no need to be falling art , sumdi mite rub my leg tommora neet , wi sum luck :O , if we win it could be :heart: !! Keep the faith xx Forza di Reds UTFLWG

Romared
18-02-2019, 06:44 PM
Eeee, this all started cos I ad mi leg rubbed all Satdi afternoon.

Vixen !! Am jokin Linz , glad your posting again on this forum , keep your Monkey wrapped up tommora , it's going to be nippy UTR

Acido
18-02-2019, 06:59 PM
.. Good luck for the future to all the friends (and enemies) I ev made on here. Common You Reds !

Don't be a daft oldie again SB lol, get yoursenn back on here pronto!. :D

Romared
18-02-2019, 09:33 PM
Izz legging it wi 50/50 lass , gorra caravan in primrose valley , good luck tooem , durtee sods !!! Dunt cum running to me wen thi calor gas runnsart , av lost mi spanna :O dunt loyiss thine !!!

animallittle3
19-02-2019, 12:25 AM
I'll self certify.

My word is my bond.

Common You Reds !

No need for it to go to this level , it's a difference of opinion nowt more than that .

I'm not criticising your good self for enjoying BM's style of comedy SB , absolutely not judging you what so ever on that .

Let me make that perfectly clear , I think you know me well enough on here to assume I'm no snowflake .

pass_and_move
19-02-2019, 08:07 AM
A think SB's in fot new CEO job which meeunz he can't come on here disrespecting his employers. Summats not reight darn theear a tell thi.

Romared
19-02-2019, 08:47 AM
Il gerra new fleece n posh warkin stik , thenni can brayuz weit XD
amm opin iz kiddin , iz mi favrit poorsta :heart:

Jules88
19-02-2019, 11:57 AM
Il gerra new fleece n posh warkin stik , thenni can brayuz weit XD
amm opin iz kiddin , iz mi favrit poorsta :heart:
Mine too..... after thee

tiggertyke
19-02-2019, 02:14 PM
Mine too just ahead of Roma.

linzbfc
20-02-2019, 09:53 AM
Vixen !! Am jokin Linz , glad your posting again on this forum , keep your Monkey wrapped up tommora , it's going to be nippy UTR

It was cosy. Last night I just had a nice quite little boy next to me.

I'd better confess I did accidentally stroke a man's bottom whilst swimming a few weeks ago. He was a rather large deedar doing some weird jogging thing and his bum protuded into the fast lane where I was bombing up and down on my back. I made sure I moved over because HE DIDN'T!!

Romared
20-02-2019, 11:03 AM
It was cosy. Last night I just had a nice quite little boy next to me.

I'd better confess I did accidentally stroke a man's bottom whilst swimming a few weeks ago. He was a rather large deedar doing some weird jogging thing and his bum protuded into the fast lane where I was bombing up and down on my back. I made sure I moved over because HE DIDN'T!!

Probably a wensdi , so unavoidable , They are MASSIVE :O

SBRed48
21-02-2019, 03:58 PM
No offence aimed at ennibody. Just evvin a break. Nowt serious, not billious / badly. It's grand art in sun.

My word cannot be trusted.

A see Hoss has picked up a tip frum Goat and personally phoned sumdi called Andy who ed complained abart selling Moncur. The lad then miraculousy appeared next neet on Radio Sheffield to tell ivverbody worra great bloke Hoss wo fo personally ringing him up. Shades of the lad who got the letter from Goat and then went public abart it. It's amazing aar the appen to drop on these lads. Am sure it's coincidence and not a media pillak.

Romared
21-02-2019, 04:51 PM
No offence aimed at ennibody. Just evvin a break. Nowt serious, not billious / badly. It's grand art in sun.

My word cannot be trusted.

A see Hoss has picked up a tip frum Goat and personally phoned sumdi called Andy who ed complained abart selling Moncur. The lad then miraculousy appeared next neet on Radio Sheffield to tell ivverbody worra great bloke Hoss wo fo personally ringing him up. Shades of the lad who got the letter from Goat and then went public abart it. It's amazing aar the appen to drop on these lads. Am sure it's coincidence and not a media pillak.
Dunt thee bi settart in sun allalong , thall freetunit and mek it goowin ageeun !! Let mi kno wen tha wantsthi calor gas bottul changing :O dunt bi gerrin a crick in thi neck neetha , gerra scarf on or thas problee gorra snood nar !! Tha reyt orr Hoss Conway anorl , weer didee gerriz numba frum ? Gallys Galacticos , watch wat tha doowin , an evva dramm atoo , nubdis offended eetha , tharra gooden :star:

SBRed48
21-02-2019, 05:09 PM
Ammart forra Pooark Pie Neet toneet darn Happy Valley. That mooar gentle comedian John Richardson sumtimes guz. Al be sharting if he offends enni bugga.

Av nivva sed worra used to do forra job befooar a retired burra can exclusively reveal nar it worrin journalism, mainly spooarts journalism. This iz not pillakin. A woorat the Manchester Evening News in the 70's and elsewhere in the North up to retiring. Tha'll nivva gerrowt else arta me burra can say am not Keith Lodge. Am only saying this to explain mi odd interest in pillakin by the sports media, especially within clubs and their attempts to pillak their fans.

Romared
21-02-2019, 05:37 PM
Ammart forra Pooark Pie Neet toneet darn Happy Valley. That mooar gentle comedian John Richardson sumtimes guz. Al be sharting if he offends enni bugga.

Av nivva sed worra used to do forra job befooar a retired burra can exclusively reveal nar it worrin journalism, mainly spooarts journalism. This iz not pillakin. A woorat the Manchester Evening News in the 70's and elsewhere in the North up to retiring. Tha'll nivva gerrowt else arta me burra can say am not Keith Lodge. Am only saying this to explain mi odd interest in pillakin by the sports media, especially within clubs and their attempts to pillak their fans. Didtha work fo BEN ? ;D allus fonnit funny wen we laiked the Trotters , all teeum ed BEN on tha shirts , passit to Ben ;D
( Bolton Evening News ) !!!

SBRed48
22-02-2019, 09:22 AM
Didtha work fo BEN ? ;D allus fonnit funny wen we laiked the Trotters , all teeum ed BEN on tha shirts , passit to Ben ;D
( Bolton Evening News ) !!!

A wont at the glamorous end repooarting on big games.

It wo the days of print journalism when almost ivvry tarn of any size edda daily local paper and it the pages eddto be filled wi sh1te. It worked art well fo me cos I wo Monday to Friday filling the paper wi local sports coverage, Cooart Repooarts, Council stuff, married 50 years stuff etc leaving mi weekends free fo BFC. Not highly paid but steady. A just got art in time befooar print journalism collapsed wi digital / online stuff coming in. A dint ev the required IT skills or interest in it.
It worrin East Lancs just ovva Pennines so Happy Valley worra good mid point between work and Tarn.

Romared
22-02-2019, 10:46 AM
Innit funny thee bein a repoorta , am not pillakin ere , wennam watchin soccer setdi , thuzza repoorta on theer that duz games at Bury, Oldham etc , John gwynne , a allus think ov thi wenna earrim :O adda got thi darn assa Rozza orr a Teycha missen :?

pass_and_move
22-02-2019, 11:18 AM
Innit funny thee bein a repoorta , am not pillakin ere , wennam watchin soccer setdi , thuzza repoorta on theer that duz games at Bury, Oldham etc , John gwynne , a allus think ov thi wenna earrim :O adda got thi darn assa Rozza orr a Teycha missen :?

John Gwynne, proper owd school. He sometimes does matches at Oakwell n all. Him and Sid Waddell used to mek a reight double act at darts commentary. Mad Geordie and Gwynnie, a miss that.

Ponte_Steve24
22-02-2019, 01:30 PM
Brynn Law was at Oakwell on tuesday night for Sky. I'd like to know how many matches we win when he's there? Can't be many.

Romared
22-02-2019, 02:10 PM
John Gwynne, proper owd school. He sometimes does matches at Oakwell n all. Him and Sid Waddell used to mek a reight double act at darts commentary. Mad Geordie and Gwynnie, a miss that.
Wella dint kno that Pass , a luv arr he speyks , sarnds enthusiastic abart awl teeums he repoorts on ,

Romared
22-02-2019, 02:13 PM
Brynn Law was at Oakwell on tuesday night for Sky. I'd like to know how many matches we win when he's there? Can't be many.

Not bi menny Ponte , he luks freetnin to me (Acidos Bruvva ) :O iz a Wrexham fan anorl , so nowt goowin forrim !!!

Ponte_Steve24
22-02-2019, 03:02 PM
Not bi menny Ponte , he luks freetnin to me (Acidos Bruvva ) :O iz a Wrexham fan anorl , so nowt goowin forrim !!!

Reminds me of Herman Munster XD

Romared
22-02-2019, 03:47 PM
Reminds me of Herman Munster XD

Who Acido >;) tha reyt he duz !!! Il bi laikin art lata wennit gets dark :O singin iz Tony Christie song , down the alley ways and avenues ( ginnells ) ov Normy town

Ponte_Steve24
22-02-2019, 03:52 PM
Who Acido >;) tha reyt he duz !!! Il bi laikin art lata wennit gets dark :O singin iz Tony Christie song , down the alley ways and avenues ( ginnells ) ov Normy town

I thought he went to Burnsley alot XD

Romared
22-02-2019, 03:56 PM
I thought he went to Burnsley alot XD
He guz ivvryweer bar Oakwell :rolleyes:
Geeor nar il bi onnatus ageeun :P

Acido
23-02-2019, 02:59 AM
I always thought Bryn Law was a Leeds fan, as he seems to report mostly on their matches.
And is John Gwynne related to the original Herman Munster actoer Fred Gwynne ? lol.