PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea Keeper

animallittle3
24-02-2019, 07:24 PM
Disgrace , refused to come off when subbed , absolute zero respect for his coach .

Never seen that in all the years I've watched football .

I'd knock his arrogant head off in the dressing room if he was my player .

perkytyke
24-02-2019, 07:32 PM
Be very surprised if he plays for Chelski again Animal?

animallittle3
24-02-2019, 07:54 PM
Be very surprised if he plays for Chelski again Animal?

I couldn't believe perky none of the players backed their coach and got him off the field .

Hazard , Luiz co should have stepped in and backed their coach up .

Absolute disgrace the whole lot of em .

Doggydo
24-02-2019, 08:25 PM
Sad thing is he’ll be there long after Sari has gone.

anstonred
24-02-2019, 08:28 PM
The turmoil might well have lost them the game - he saved one penalty but made an absolute hash of the Aguero penalty! Sarri had a meltdown & stormed off, Zola tried to get the keeper off, the sub keeper was far from happy - a complete mess, all because of one arrogant, disrespectful idiot!

animallittle3
24-02-2019, 08:33 PM
The turmoil might well have lost them the game - he saved one penalty but made an absolute hash of the Aguero penalty! Sarri had a meltdown & stormed off, Zola tried to get the keeper off, the sub keeper was far from happy - a complete mess, all because of one arrogant, disrespectful idiot!

A far cry from the late great Gordon Banks , wonder what he made of that looking down today ?

Romared
24-02-2019, 08:37 PM
Player Power , total disgrace , then Sarri ( been told to say ?) Said things that he didn't really mean afterwards , i've never ever witnessed this before , even in local football , Shocking Behaviour , and Sarri rightly or wrongly will be the one to go , Pleased City won

animallittle3
24-02-2019, 08:50 PM
Sad thing is he’ll be there long after Sari has gone.

Indeed , that's the real travesty isn't it ?

Jules88
24-02-2019, 09:15 PM
A misunderstanding apparently.....
Mmmmm. Was a misunderstanding that they appointed Sarri

Hodger1957
24-02-2019, 09:18 PM
I didn't see it, but heard it on the radio.
I watched the 90 mins on TV but it bored me silly.
So I ran a bath & listened to it (imagine the scene).
Sad reflection on society. It's how a lot of kids are these days. They do what they want and have no respect for authority.
Pampered footballers have had things their way their whole lives.
Just heard some Chelsea fans backing the player.
They wanted to know how he was supposed to get himself up for the next game after being treated so badly.
The thing is he's the world's most expensive keeper. The players didn't help the manager out today so who will Abramovic side with?
They downed tools for Mourinho & Conte. It looks like Sarri has gone the same way.

Jules88
24-02-2019, 09:26 PM
Like Animal said. He’d have been nursing a thick ear now!

animallittle3
24-02-2019, 09:42 PM
I had some ding dongs when I played and was subbed , kicked off big time but I'd never have stayed out there and refused to come off .

You have it out on the touchline and say your piece and once you have calmed down it's done and dusted .

One lad who I played for liked it because he told me it shows you care and the first time I bring you off and you shake my hand then something aint right .

Once players undermine the coach then it's over , full stop .

You may not like his decisions but you respect his authority , that's life .

Some of these players need knocking down a peg or two .

It's getting beyond a joke at some clubs .

pass_and_move
24-02-2019, 09:43 PM
Let's not kid ourselves, players have been getting managers sacked in the last few years in my opinion, no doubt about it. Those same Chelsea players have systematically got rid of first Jose Mourinho and then Antonio Conte. Sarri will be next art o dooer cos the waint laik for him in most games, today they did perform but I believe that it was because silverware was at stake.

The showing by the Chelsea keeper in extra time today confirmed to me that players are more powerful than ever and it shows no signs of abating.

It's part of the reason I don't love the game like I used to is this guys. Could anybody see Cloughy or Ferguson putting up wi this behaviour? A tell thi nar the players wunt a dared cross em in first place and there lies the difference since wages in the game went stupid.

Personally i would a dragged the arrogant little sod off that pitch kicking and screaming. That'd o reightened his cramp XD Thing is nar tha can't even fine em cos the all multimillionaires so it dunt even register or mek any difference punnishin em that rooard. When the know a manager is on the brink o gerrin sacked they can get away with blue murder wi art suffering the consequences. It's become a joke has football.

animallittle3
24-02-2019, 09:55 PM
Let's not kid ourselves, players have been getting managers sacked in the last few years in my opinion, no doubt about it. Those same Chelsea players have systematically got rid of first Jose Mourinho and then Antonio Conte. Sarri will be next art o dooer cos the waint laik for him in most games, today they did perform but I believe that it was because silverware was at stake.

The showing by the Chelsea keeper in extra time today confirmed to me that players are more powerful than ever and it shows no signs of abating.

It's part of the reason I don't love the game like I used to is this guys. Could anybody see Cloughy or Ferguson putting up wi this behaviour? A tell thi nar the players wunt a dared cross em in first place and there lies the difference since wages in the game went stupid.

Personally i would a dragged the arrogant little sod off that pitch kicking and screaming. That'd o reightened his cramp XD Thing is nar tha can't even fine em cos the all multimillionaires so it dunt even register or mek any difference punnishin em that rooard. When the know a manager is on the brink o gerrin sacked they can get away with blue murder wi art suffering the consequences. It's become a joke has football.

The Jamie Vardy mafia ain't bad at Leicester either pass .

Don't get me wrong as a player tha allowed a robust opinion but I fall well short of sticking two fingers up to the coach and staying on the field .

pass_and_move
24-02-2019, 10:16 PM
The Jamie Vardy mafia ain't bad at Leicester either pass .

Don't get me wrong as a player tha allowed a robust opinion but I fall well short of sticking two fingers up to the coach and staying on the field .

Am not so sure Animal, weer does tha draw line? We saw Hammill disrespect Hecky when subbed against Newcastle. Big Trev Aylott chucked his shirt at Clarkie years ago. Hignett threw a paddy in the local rag when Bassett kept subbing him. Ashley Ward wo charging rarnd like a raging bull gerrin himsen sent off at Sunderland just afooar he left. Just pointing art a few high profile incidents that have happened at our club. I think it shows disrespect and a lack of professionalism. Perhaps the immaturity in footballers was always there cos that's what I think it is mate, pure and simple. If the dunt get the own way they throw a paddy but I think there's a time and place and that is in either the managers office or the dressing room

animallittle3
24-02-2019, 10:32 PM
Am not so sure Animal, weer does tha draw line? We saw Hammill disrespect Hecky when subbed against Newcastle. Big Trev Aylott chucked his shirt at Clarkie years ago. Hignett threw a paddy in the local rag when Bassett kept subbing him. Ashley Ward wo charging rarnd like a raging bull gerrin himsen sent off at Sunderland just afooar he left. Just pointing art a few high profile incidents that have happened at our club. I think it shows disrespect and a lack of professionalism. Perhaps the immaturity in footballers was always there cos that's what I think it is mate, pure and simple. If the dunt get the own way they throw a paddy but I think there's a time and place and that is in either the managers office or the dressing room

Tha's got to factor in emotion pass in football in my opinion .

It's tekin me to areas that in normal life I wouldn't normally visit .

That red mist isn't great .

That said I'd have never pulled a stunt like the chelsea keeper played today , not in a million years .

Hodger1957
24-02-2019, 10:51 PM
The difference here is that he didn't come off when subbed.
Plenty of players have thrown a strop after they've come off. This guy didn't come off.
I remember Tevez refusing to go on, and Van Hooydonck going on strike.
When you've got players valued at £50m+ the club won't sack them.
The premier league has that much money, clubs should be able to go to a tribunal, they could compensate the club & cancel the
player's contract.

pass_and_move
24-02-2019, 11:05 PM
Tha's got to factor in emotion pass in football in my opinion .

It's tekin me to areas that in normal life I wouldn't normally visit .

That red mist isn't great .

That said I'd have never pulled a stunt like the chelsea keeper played today , not in a million years .

It's a funny thing is the red mist, they say tek it art o a players game then they lose the edge. However, that's not always the case as proved wi Cantona. When he came back after the Crystal Palace incident he was the model professional, superb and consistent leading him to being voted players player ot year. His career before that was just glimpses of genius scattered with a catalogue of unsavoury incidents and he was going only one way.

I'm all for emotion but it has to be brought under control. That's as I say possibly a maturity thing. When I laiked, I laiked with channelled emotion, the striker I was marking invariably might throw the odd paddy or be confrontational but generally I'd just wink at him, smile and tell him to relax XD it never went darn well but I always maintained my composure meaning my concentration never suffered whilst he lost his head.

I always think composure is the right way to go abart things on a football pitch. Be aggressive or whatever, fine. Tha loses thi eeard thy a worse player for it in my opinion.

SBRed48
25-02-2019, 09:20 AM
Adda luvved to ev seen Brian Clough march across pitch, clout him, and drag him off pitch by his collar.

Tha carnt ev that gooin on. Sad thing iz itt'll be Sarri that gets secked this week.

A sign of the times when Sarri walked darn tunnel, then thought abart the pay off id looiz if he walked rather than being sacked, and then turned back ageean. All abart money nardays.

DOOALI
25-02-2019, 07:07 PM
What next refusing to leave field after being red carded the mind boggles

Jack rodders
26-02-2019, 07:38 PM
Sarri should have walked through those tunnel doors and walked away from it all, he would have gained a lot of respect for quitting right there and then

animallittle3
26-02-2019, 08:26 PM
Sarri should have walked through those tunnel doors and walked away from it all, he would have gained a lot of respect for quitting right there and then

And quickly realised it was about to cost him a few million quid in severance pay so he turned back and then played the misunderstanding card in the press conference instead .

perkytyke
27-02-2019, 09:01 PM
Some misunderstanding what a load of bollox! They must think fans are stupid?
Player fined and dropped for tonight’s game against Spurs, you obviously do that as the norm for a misunderstanding!

SBRed48
28-02-2019, 08:37 AM
Some misunderstanding what a load of bollox! They must think fans are stupid?
Player fined and dropped for tonight’s game against Spurs, you obviously do that as the norm for a misunderstanding!

Attempts to pillak fans by media teams are becoming increasingly common.

perkytyke
28-02-2019, 04:19 PM
This is where I miss the likes of Brian Clough! He would have said on camera something along the lines of..."I don't give a a brass farthing for what he and others have said, I'm the Manager he has totally disrespected me and the club and won't ever pull the shirt on again"!
Having said that if Cloughie had been the manager he wouldn't have done it, which says a lot for Sarri as well?