PDA

View Full Version : Score, scorers and attendance prediction vs. Cheltenham Town 09.03.19

SwalePie
06-03-2019, 07:58 PM
Cheltenham 1 - 2 Notts

Stubbs, Gomis

475 Notts fans

JoePass
06-03-2019, 08:01 PM
Cheltenham 1 - 2 Notts

Stubbs, Gomis.

475 Notts fans

The fight back starts, we will smash them.

Mark_Ross
06-03-2019, 09:26 PM
Can't really see anything other than a big home win, but we must get something so...

1-1

drillerpie
06-03-2019, 10:41 PM
Cheltenham got off to a slow start but their home form's been very good since the end of October, winning 10 out of 16 games there in all competitions, only losing twice.

Taking the teams they've dropped points against all season into account they've drawn against Crewe, Morecombe, Mansfield, Forest Green and Bury, and lost against Tranmere, Stevenage, Lincoln, Colchester, Carlisle, and Harry Kewell's Crawley so you could say they struggle against possession / passing teams (or just good teams). Not sure whether that suits us or not. Probably not.

I can't see past a home win, although I did put a bet on Man Utd to win the Champions League when they got rid of Mourinho then cashed it out at a loss after the first leg against PSG, so what do I know.

Blind optimism rather than quiet confidence says maybe Ardley will tweak the formation and tactics, so:

Cheltenham 2 Notts County 3

CMS, Enzio, O'Brien.

durhampie
06-03-2019, 11:10 PM
Cheltenham got off to a slow start but their home form's been very good since the end of October, winning 10 out of 16 games there in all competitions, only losing twice.

Taking the teams they've dropped points against all season into account they've drawn against Crewe, Morecombe, Mansfield, Forest Green and Bury, and lost against Tranmere, Stevenage, Lincoln, Colchester, Carlisle, and Harry Kewell's Crawley so you could say they struggle against possession / passing teams (or just good teams). Not sure whether that suits us or not. Probably not.

I can't see past a home win, although I did put a bet on Man Utd to win the Champions League when they got rid of Mourinho then cashed it out at a loss after the first leg against PSG, so what do I know.

Blind optimism rather than quiet confidence says maybe Ardley will tweak the formation and tactics, so:

Cheltenham 2 Notts County 3

CMS, Enzio, O'Brien.

Im afraid the only tactics Ardley knows is to replace like for like players...This is a absolute must win game and to do so we must start creating scoring opportunities. If he sets up the team like he did for the last 3 games we shall get beat...

SwalePie
07-03-2019, 12:01 AM
Im afraid the only tactics Ardley knows is to replace like for like players...This is a absolute must win game and to do so we must start creating scoring opportunities. If he sets up the team like he did for the last 3 games we shall get beat...

...en.

slack_pie
07-03-2019, 06:19 AM
Can't see us getting any more than a point. But a loss is more likely.

Cheltenham 2 - 1 Notts

Hemmings

i961pie
07-03-2019, 08:15 AM
Can't see us getting any more than a point. But a loss is more likely.

Cheltenham 2 - 1 Notts

Hemmings

1-0 Cheltenham

Pieeyedandlegless
07-03-2019, 08:35 AM
On present form; cheltenhan 4 - 1 notts :s

LaxtonLad
07-03-2019, 08:53 AM
I can only go on recent results but if you include my experience and expectations and add my loss of confidence and lack of hope -

Chelters 3 - 0 Notts

OP67
07-03-2019, 10:25 AM
Cheltenham 2 v 0 Notts Co

I can't see anything other than a home win here sorry to say. They have the usual L2 tall team and we fail big time against that kind of opposition :( Any hope I had after the Mansfield game has well an truely gone over the last 2 results.

LaxtonLad
07-03-2019, 10:46 AM
They have the usual L2 tall team and we fail big time against that kind of opposition...

I didn't know they had a "tall team" before my guess, so expecting our defence being unable to stop their crosses, I'll revise my optimistic 3-0 and go for 4/5 - 0.

Please be aware that my guesses in the past haven't even hit the dartboard so if you want to to bet the farm on a Notts win you might be lucky, but that also is just a guess.

OP67
07-03-2019, 11:11 AM
I didn't know they had a "tall team" before my guess, so expecting our defence being unable to stop their crosses, I'll revise my optimistic 3-0 and go for 4/5 - 0.

Please be aware that my guesses in the past haven't even hit the dartboard so if you want to to bet the farm on a Notts win you might be lucky, but that also is just a guess.

Nor have mine :D

countygump
07-03-2019, 11:12 AM

Can't see anything other than a loss myself. 3-0.

Dunce
07-03-2019, 11:37 AM
2-0 to Cheltenham. Looking forward to a stroll around the town more than the match. But you never can tell. Coyp.

Big Bob
07-03-2019, 11:47 AM
Oh dear!
Looks like confidence in the team is low.

MagpieMike
07-03-2019, 12:37 PM
Oh dear!
Looks like confidence in the team is low.

I'm going for a repeat of the Forest Green performance. The team that played Mansfailed and FGR turns up, 0-2 to the ***y stylish Pies, CMS, Gomis away attendance 386

marshall55
07-03-2019, 01:26 PM
we are going down overnight stay too so i will take a 2-2 draw,a point at Carlise, and home win nxt week.

1862tonez
07-03-2019, 03:52 PM
A must win game, Im going for 3-2 to Notts COYP

sidders
07-03-2019, 05:27 PM
I'm going for a repeat of the Forest Green performance. The team that played Mansfailed and FGR turns up, 0-2 to the ***y stylish Pies, CMS, Gomis away attendance 386

Ah, bless!

ForeignLegion
07-03-2019, 07:59 PM
I think that the news of playing in the Championship in a couple of years will spur them on to a 1-0 win. Stead pen.

KintoreMagpie
07-03-2019, 08:21 PM
Assuming it is the Notts side that I saw against Port Vale then:

Cheltenham 2 Notts 0 (471)

Really hope I am wrong and Notts are able to create some clear cut chances and have the ability to take them on the day.

PedroTheFisherman66
07-03-2019, 11:51 PM
Our golden oldies in the middle of the park, fed watered and rested for a week .
A must win game ,Enzio on fire ...
Notts to win 3-1

The-Mac pie
08-03-2019, 07:02 AM
Cheltenham 1 - pies 2
Lund with a last minute header
600 hardcore away supporters

countygump
08-03-2019, 12:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozL_rgTM6mc

navypie
08-03-2019, 12:47 PM

"spike" Had to listen to that a few times, thought he said Alex Hales! Anyway .... 2-1 Notts ..... Stead and Stubbs(ever the optimist). Can't make it tomorrow, not sure if I'm relieved or not.

slack_pie
08-03-2019, 05:03 PM
Cheltenham 1 - pies 2
Lund with a last minute header
600 hardcore away supporters

Phil Tuner to score a screamer and then get sent off.

irish_pie
08-03-2019, 07:17 PM
Depends which Notts team shows up... the past 3 performances have been as dire as it can get, can't see it changing.

Cheltenham 3-0 Notts
400 sad pies

nw6pie
08-03-2019, 07:26 PM
NA has got to change the formation tomorrow, otherwise I see a 3 or 4 goal drubbing.

What would be great is if we had a goal-scoring midfielder. Tom Crawford, of course, has just scored 2 in 2 at Fylde. Wonder if there’s a recall clause?

queenslandpie
08-03-2019, 10:58 PM
Cheltenham 1 Notts 2 . Stead 2

548 from Nottingham see a wonder victory and a glimmer of light

Old_pie
09-03-2019, 09:22 AM

I like what he says, I like the way he says it, I'm just very worried that he's not actually doing it. Not changing what he sees on the pitch, not getting the players to do what he wants them to. Showing them video analysis is fine if they take the lessons on board but maybe he just needs to put some fire in their belly - where's Harry K when you need him. Doh what a another fine mess you've got us into Hardy.

ncfcog
09-03-2019, 09:38 AM
Seems a lovely bloke, understands the game etc but I’m getting bored with it now. Don’t give a toss any more about sound bites, just need to see results on the pitch and we are fast running out of games.

nottsco2002
09-03-2019, 10:01 AM
Form would indicate a Cheltenham win. All Notts games from now on are six pointers, if they don't start winning then its over. Personally I think County have about a 5% chance of surviving so they have to win today.

Simon the Pieman
09-03-2019, 10:59 AM
Agree with Swale. Two one to Notts. One will be a penalty.

jscarr
09-03-2019, 11:10 AM
I fancy us to win this one. I'm going to say 2-0. Mackail Smith to get one of the goals.

Rainbowpie
09-03-2019, 11:57 AM
If he plays the same formation/team I can only see a defeat. I would look to play on the ground and get in behind the defence playing a 4-3-3 with Rose in the middle with Doyle and O’Brien.
Stead up centre with Mackail-Smith, enzio or Gomes playing of him
Tootle at right back

countygump
09-03-2019, 12:04 PM
Seems a lovely bloke, understands the game etc but I’m getting bored with it now. Don’t give a toss any more about sound bites, just need to see results on the pitch and we are fast running out of games.

Most definitely this ^^^

If he says 'bubbly' or 'keeping smiles on the players faces', one more 4kin time, I'm gonna screammmmmmmmmmm.

sidders
09-03-2019, 12:21 PM
9 predict a Cheltenham win, 2 a draw and 11 a Notts win thus far.
There are no grounds whatever for expecting the form book to be rubbished. Too many Saturday evenings spoiled by this bunch of journeymen.
For me, not beating Vale last week really was it. The best we can hope for is that Notts survive as a going concern in order to take their place in the Conference next year.
However, there will be those (not just you, Swaley) who pretend that Notts survival in the league is still likely whatever the result today.

placidpie
09-03-2019, 12:57 PM
this is the first game I've ever been unconcerned about the result. Far bigger issues appear to be troubling the club than the result of this game and I find it difficult to get enthused about.
I just hope that we still have a club in a recognisable form going forward, in whatever division that may be. I guess that'll change come 3 o clock, ear glued to the radio. 0-1 us. Even in my current pessimism, there's hope!

drillerpie
09-03-2019, 01:59 PM
Most definitely this ^^^

If he says 'bubbly' or 'keeping smiles on the players faces', one more 4kin time, I'm gonna screammmmmmmmmmm.

Yep, I don't want to watch 11 players who are smiling and enjoying their working day, I want to see 11 snarling pit bulls busting a gut to get a win by fair means or foul.

Rainbowpie
09-03-2019, 02:02 PM
Team Unchanged = defeat

OP67
09-03-2019, 02:20 PM
Team Unchanged = defeat

Best starting 11 we have I guess, thought CMS was injured though. My main worry is the lack of anything different on the bench. Where's Osbourne at least??

Rainbowpie
09-03-2019, 02:27 PM
I’d have put rose in middle put tootle at RB
Played 433
Dropped gomis or enzio, at least try something new. It’s all too predictable for teams to work out

Notts78
09-03-2019, 02:35 PM
Played 433
Dropped gomis or enzio, at least try something new. It’s all too predictable for teams to work out

Sorry, but every team in football is predictable. Name me a side who you don’t know what they are going to do?
This is as good as it gets for us and no one was moaning when this side dominated Mansfield

i961pie
09-03-2019, 02:38 PM
Played 433

Agree the midfield wants strengthening, you can't expect a 31 and 37 year old to run the show for 90 minutes.

Rainbowpie
09-03-2019, 02:43 PM
What’s the point in having managers and coaches if every team is predictable. Changing tactics, formations and personnel are the obvious changes, whether right or wrong, to keep the opposition from knowing exactly how a teams going to Play. Notts have become predictable over the last 3 games, playing with an unchanged line up, formation keeping the same tactics. Lump it up to stead and hope he stays on his feet.

Rainbowpie
09-03-2019, 02:43 PM
Sorry, but every team in football is predictable. Name me a side who you don’t know what they are going to do?
This is as good as it gets for us and no one was moaning when this side dominated Mansfield

What’s the point in having managers and coaches if every team is predictable. Changing tactics, formations and personnel are the obvious changes, whether right or wrong, to keep the opposition from knowing exactly how a teams going to Play. Notts have become predictable over the last 3 games, playing with an unchanged line up, formation keeping the same tactics. Lump it up to stead and hope he stays on his feet.

Rainbowpie
09-03-2019, 02:50 PM

The tactics and team worked against Mansfield Lincoln and forest green because of the type of tactics and the way that those teams play the game. Which suits our particular team better to play against. Against teams like port vale, newport etc who Play a totally different kind of football, tactics need to be changed accordingly.