PDA

View Full Version : Donny Matchthread

Romared
13-03-2019, 05:54 PM
Anybody going on here ?
If it had been 3pm on Saturday I would have gone , not Friday night tho , horrible Town etc ,,,,
McCann will be looking forward to this I'm sure , rejected for HC here ? Obviously will be fired up , to prove a point , Confident Daniel will feel the same , some players looked tired last night ? Poor tiring playing conditions , any changes required in starting line up from Tuesday ? Stiles in for Bahre, Jordan Williams in for Green , Bahre and Green to come on late and get the win , " Hopefully " KTF :heart:

Acido
13-03-2019, 07:12 PM
Would we all take a point again now eh Roma, if it were offered to us ?.
This Donny away game could be dangerous for allsorts of reasons couldnt it, and yes Id take the draw/point now to be honest.
What that would mean though is Sunderland would have 2 games in hand on us, and would be 5+ points behind!. :O

animallittle3
13-03-2019, 07:13 PM
Watching it at home on Sky myself , plenty of beers in the fridge .

Hard to say if were were jaded or the conditions made us look a little leggy last night .

Definitely a couple of changes needed , Hedges for me to come in for Green and Styles for Bahre , you could make a case for young Ben Williams to come in for Dani Pinillos and just give us a bit more aggression .

Rovers are technically good but lightweight in my opinion and can be bullied physically .

Crystal Palace in the recent cup tie really showed up this flaw in Rovers play .

First goal as ever is huge , get that and we will win I believe .

EastStandRed
13-03-2019, 07:44 PM
I’m going but not expecting much more than a draw there for some reason. Always get a bad feeling when we go there and usually a Cr ap match. Hope I’m wrong

Jules88
13-03-2019, 08:32 PM
We’re going. Straight there and back though. No
Ale, in Whitby nar till Friday morning.... but colder than
Barcelona....

perkytyke
13-03-2019, 09:16 PM
Three games in six days! It’s not right and I expect a scrappy game? The lads are gonna have to dig deep in this one.
Think he needs to make a few changes tho? I’d bring Jacko in and rest Pinnock he looked tired in the last 20 mins last night and started making mistakes.
Hedges for Green and leave the rest, but we need to go for it then change a few after 60 mins (ish)! Depending on who looks like they need to come off.

Romared
13-03-2019, 09:17 PM
Watching it at home on Sky myself , plenty of beers in the fridge .

Hard to say if were were jaded or the conditions made us look a little leggy last night .

Definitely a couple of changes needed , Hedges for me to come in for Green and Styles for Bahre , you could make a case for young Ben Williams to come in for Dani Pinillos and just give us a bit more aggression .

Rovers are technically good but lightweight in my opinion and can be bullied physically .

Crystal Palace in the recent cup tie really showed up this flaw in Rovers play .

First goal as ever is huge , get that and we will win I believe . personally I wouldn't tinker with the defence , last five games , not conceded , Pinillos has been very good , Pinnock unbelievably looked the weak link last night ? Due an indifferent game I suppose , midfield needs strengthening on Friday , Dougall was poor last night IMO , Mowatt not much better ,

Romared
13-03-2019, 09:21 PM
Would we all take a point again now eh Roma, if it were offered to us ?.
This Donny away game could be dangerous for allsorts of reasons couldnt it, and yes Id take the draw/point now to be honest.
What that would mean though is Sunderland would have 2 games in hand on us, and would be 5+ points behind!. :O Yes I think we mainly would all take a point Acido , forget Mackems , nowt to doo wi them ,,

Ponte_Steve24
14-03-2019, 08:24 AM
I’m going but not expecting much more than a draw there for some reason. Always get a bad feeling when we go there and usually a Cr ap match. Hope I’m wrong

Me too. We always seem to play sh1t against Donny. Going early to watch Cheltenham in Black Bull.

Romared
14-03-2019, 04:56 PM
Dunt thee bi gerrin elephunts Ponte !! Runnin ont pitch attackin Marquis :O thazza bairn ont rooard rememba XD enjoy thissen , 3pts please

CASPER-64-FRANK
14-03-2019, 06:12 PM
Can't see Rovers scoring to be honest.
Will be watching on SKY.
1-0 sneaky win for the Tykes.

Acido
14-03-2019, 07:23 PM
Yes I think we mainly would all take a point Acido , forget Mackems , nowt to doo wi them ,,

I wish I could be as confident kid, and be able to say they/Sunderland arent a problem etc.
But they are still in it at the moment and we've got to be careful now as we reach the run-in.

Jules88
14-03-2019, 11:50 PM
Yes I think we mainly would all take a point Acido , forget Mackems , nowt to doo wi them ,,
Anyone else Managing Donny, and we would Wup them Friday..... but that Mcanns a
Wily Fox..... nervous

animallittle3
15-03-2019, 08:38 PM
Ben Williams in the middle of the park ....really !!!

Styles and Bahre on the bench !!!

What's feckin going on ?

Shocking so far , absolute shyte .

EthelRed
15-03-2019, 08:40 PM
They look knackered. Looks like gippos have got extra players.

Wheres Pinillos thought he played really well on Tuesday.

Hodger1957
15-03-2019, 08:45 PM
So we're left plugging gaps with kids that aren't up to it.
Shame on the board for selling us short.
Can't argue with the effort but the quality is sadly lacking tonight.
I can't see where a goal is coming from.
We'll do well to hold out for a draw tonight, but worse than that we'll struggle to put poor teams away with some of these lads.
I thought we more than matched Sunderland, but we can't expect the same 12 or 13 players to turn in performances twice a week.
They're bound to pick up knocks & suspensions, and we don't have the squad.
How short sighted was it selling Potts & Moncur & not replacing them?
We still have the best 1st XI in the league, but this is far removed from our 1st XI.

Doggydo
15-03-2019, 08:45 PM
This is torture. We’ve got people playing the short pass in the wrong areas.and at the wrong time and we’re going to get caught out.

CASPER-64-FRANK
15-03-2019, 08:51 PM
Second best atm.
Time to change things.
They’re giving Rovers an easy night so far.

EthelRed
15-03-2019, 09:35 PM
Zeki fecking frytnin

CASPER-64-FRANK
15-03-2019, 09:44 PM
Fair result in the end.
A good away point considering Barnsley didn’t start playing till the 70th minute.
One point nearer promotion.

Doggydo
15-03-2019, 09:45 PM
Never been a Davies fan but he’s making me eat my words, great game son.

Jules88
15-03-2019, 10:00 PM
Stendel made Totally wrong substitution. Should have put Bähre on for Dougal. Pushed forward with skill. Stendel panicked and threw Williams on to hold midfield. Didn’t enjoy that.. only plus was a swift get away after match.
Poor substitution for me

DOOALI
15-03-2019, 10:04 PM
Stendel went with a defensive line up must have been been happy with a point but it just shows how weak the squad is and our goal threat leaves a lot to be desired theyve 8 days to get their act together for saddlers game

animallittle3
15-03-2019, 10:04 PM
Given the depleted team I will take a point tonight .

We were patched up and leggy make no mistake about that .

Second half we were much better , 18 games unbeaten and the best defense in the football league .

Would I swap places with Sunderland ?

Absolutely not .

perkytyke
15-03-2019, 10:21 PM
Fryers came on and played Wilks out of the game and he was tormenting young Ben at the start! Ben was’t great in midfield but seemed to get better towards the end?
Pinnock and Davies were absolutely immense tonight! We are woefully short up front and I am sooooooo happy McGeehan and Brown are back for next week, I wouldn’t have said that a few months back! Reckon Warsaw will take a hammering next week?
3 games in six days two of them against top six sides with a patched up team....i’m Chuffed to bits with 5 points, 18 unbeaten, 6 consecutive clean sheets and the best defence in the football league!
Come on now 8 games to go...YOU REDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

Romared
15-03-2019, 10:25 PM
Not the best performance , no need to panic , we had a patched up side tonight remember ? A good point against a stubborn Donny team , who we mainly all thought were possibly the best side we've seen this season at Oakwell ? Mackems think they are in control now ? Don't think so personally , KTF :heart:
Players to come back , goals will start to flow again , Mackems under pressure now , we've played the top sides and done really well , time to put the lesser teams to bed now , Forza di Reds UTFLWG

pass_and_move
15-03-2019, 10:31 PM
I thort Ben Williams looked better in midfield personally. His tackling is made for that holding role imo, he just needs to learn when to pass and when to loft it into the channels. In the first half he was all over shop at left back and most of Donnys threat came down their right with young Williams not getting any support off Thiam when they ed ball. Thiam ed a poor game, shyte to be honest.

We showed more urgency in last 20 mins but 0-0 was probably about right thanks to Davies who was my man of the match.

animallittle3
15-03-2019, 10:35 PM
Not the best performance , no need to panic , we had a patched up side tonight remember ? A good point against a stubborn Donny team , who we mainly all thought were possibly the best side we've seen this season at Oakwell ? Mackems think they are in control now ? Don't think so personally , KTF :heart:
Players to come back , goals will start to flow again , Mackems under pressure now , we've played the top sides and done really well , time to put the lesser teams to bed now , Forza di Reds UTFLWG

That's a tough spell done with now , key players missing , 3 games in 6 games and managed as you say 5 points .

McGeehan and Brown back next saturday and 8 days rest are the positives .

The squad is resilient and with our defense you only need one goal to win the game .

Confident we will do it .

Jules88
15-03-2019, 11:57 PM
That's a tough spell done with now , key players missing , 3 games in 6 games and managed as you say 5 points .

McGeehan and Brown back next saturday and 8 days rest are the positives .

The squad is resilient and with our defense you only need one goal to win the game .

Confident we will do it .

I’ll take the results we have had over the last week, we’ve got by without getting beat over a very difficult set of games......Hope We can just kick on now and finish the job... that’s a decent run in a difficult period of games with personnel missing. Sunderland won’t be happy we haven’t lost

SBRed48
16-03-2019, 09:43 AM

Wiv still got to laik teeams who are currently 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th, all looking to push on and snatch final play off spot. Tha wins nowt in March.

Hodger1957
16-03-2019, 10:30 AM
Unfortunately I'm not confident the goals will start to flow, even with a full strength squad.
Since Moore's injury we've scored 7 goals in 7 games including an own goal, and a soft penalty.
3 of the others were scored against Southend who were embarrassingly bad.
Woodrow is nowhere near the player without an effective partner, and we don't have one.
We have a great defence, very good midfield, but only one forward. We look toothless, and I think we'll struggle to put teams away even though we'll dominate from start to finish.
I really hope I'm wrong.

animallittle3
16-03-2019, 12:50 PM
Unfortunately I'm not confident the goals will start to flow, even with a full strength squad.
Since Moore's injury we've scored 7 goals in 7 games including an own goal, and a soft penalty.
3 of the others were scored against Southend who were embarrassingly bad.
Woodrow is nowhere near the player without an effective partner, and we don't have one.
We have a great defence, very good midfield, but only one forward. We look toothless, and I think we'll struggle to put teams away even though we'll dominate from start to finish.
I really hope I'm wrong.

I'm hopeful that a team built on such solid defensive foundations can get the job done .

We aren't having to score two or three goals a game to get something .

I wouldn't go as far as to say we are toothless but I will accept Moore's injury doesn't help the cause either .

Let's be honest too and I'm not attempting to be billy big b@llax here but other than the top 6 the rest of the division are total shyte .

We should have enough now to see us over the line given our run in , in my opinion .

DOOALI
16-03-2019, 01:00 PM
Goals win games last 2 games prove it being undefeated and drawing won't get an automatic place

Hodger1957
16-03-2019, 01:25 PM
I'm hopeful that a team built on such solid defensive foundations can get the job done .

We aren't having to score two or three goals a game to get something .

I wouldn't go as far as to say we are toothless but I will accept Moore's injury doesn't help the cause either .

Let's be honest too and I'm not attempting to be billy big b@llax here but other than the top 6 the rest of the division are total shyte .

We should have enough now to see us over the line given our run in , in my opinion .

True, there are some crap teams in this division, but look at our next fixtures who are undoubtedly crap.
How did we do against them in the reverse fixture?
Walsall - draw. Coventry - Lost. Burton - draw. Shrewsbury - Lost. Plymouth - draw.
The only teams we beat first time round are Fleetwood, Blackpool & Bristol Rovers.
If we hadn't lost Moore we would have won the league in my opinion.
If we miss out on promotion it will be 100% down to our penny pinching, multi billionaire owners selling us down the river.
We desperately need a win and some goals against Walsall.
Another 0-0 draw and we have problems.

animallittle3
16-03-2019, 01:34 PM
True, there are some crap teams in this division, but look at our next fixtures who are undoubtedly crap.
How did we do against them in the reverse fixture?
Walsall - draw. Coventry - Lost. Burton - draw. Shrewsbury - Lost. Plymouth - draw.
The only teams we beat first time round are Fleetwood, Blackpool & Bristol Rovers.
If we hadn't lost Moore we would have won the league in my opinion.
If we miss out on promotion it will be 100% down to our penny pinching, multi billionaire owners selling us down the river.
We desperately need a win and some goals against Walsall.
Another 0-0 draw and we have problems.

I still believe the loss of Potts was the most significant loss to the squad .

I reckon he was on course for at least 12 goals from that midfield role .

Hodger1957
16-03-2019, 02:39 PM
True. He offered something different, pace & power besides goals.
But not having a back up striker is unforgivable.
Big Victor showed nothing last night, Bahre doesn't ever look like he's going to score and much as I like Brown I still don't think he's going to get you enough goals playing as a striker.
Even if we didn't buy back up, we should have got someone in on loan.
It will be criminal if these team misses out.
Pinnock & Lindsay look so solid, and Cavare has got better, and better.

Young_Nudger
16-03-2019, 03:21 PM
Stendel went with a defensive line up must have been been happy with a point but it just shows how weak the squad is and our goal threat leaves a lot to be desired theyve 8 days to get their act together for saddlers game

Totally agree - and said same on the other site.
But as usual got slated for that view.
Or any view really :-) :-) :-)

Wardy
16-03-2019, 08:59 PM
Totally agree - and said same on the other site.
But as usual got slated for that view.
Or any view really :-) :-) :-)

Come back to Bramall Lane. Watch a proper side

animallittle3
17-03-2019, 12:09 AM
Come back to Bramall Lane. Watch a proper side

The big top six PL clubs chairmen are already under massive pressure to provide the funds to keep their defenses up to speed next season if Billy and McGoldrick should roll in to town .

The Blunts in the PL is always a thing of beauty this side of Tankersley .

For every season of PL football there generally follows 10 years of abject nothingness and failure at BDTBL .

It's a win win for us mere mortals .

Wardy
17-03-2019, 12:19 AM
The big top six PL clubs chairmen are already under massive pressure to provide the funds to keep their defenses up to speed next season if Billy and McGoldrick should roll in to town .

The Blunts in the PL is always a thing of beauty this side of Tankersley .

For every season of PL football there generally follows 10 years of abject nothingness and failure at BDTBL .

It's a win win for us mere mortals .

Funny thing. I was going to post earlier that having seen Barnsley last night i can only conclude that the rest of next years Championship will be playing for one automatic promotion place. You should walk it next season, Barnsley will be known as "Barnselona".