PDA

View Full Version : Stick or twist Al?

ForeignLegion
23-03-2019, 08:47 PM
Decisions, decisions. Last roll of the dice, still 21 points to play for, but it's clear, unfortunately, that someone new is required for the rest of this clusterfuq of a season. Anyway, the man with 900 mill in the bank will surely bring in a top continental coach for next year.

Let's see if you can get this one right, before you go down in history.

JoePass
23-03-2019, 08:48 PM
Decisions, decisions. Last roll of the dice, still 21 points to play for, but it's clear, unfortunately, that someone new is required for the rest of this clusterfuq of a season.

Stick.

keldsyke
23-03-2019, 08:51 PM
Decisions, decisions. Last roll of the dice, still 21 points to play for, but it's clear, unfortunately, that someone new is required for the rest of this clusterfuq of a season.

Really??

1: Whis going to pay for it

2: The problem is bigger than the manager

3: someone has to come in and sort it out before next Saturday

So what could have Ardley done different today?

Bridg4d_Pie_
23-03-2019, 08:53 PM
I think the club will be in new hands b4 he has time to take that decision, hopefully. 🤞🤞

ForeignLegion
23-03-2019, 08:54 PM
Well, Keldsyke, you clap along merrily whilst the ship sinks then.

irishpete
23-03-2019, 08:57 PM
Twist.Useless chunt.Look at his present record 19 games @ Notts & the 10 or 12 @ Wimbledon.Sunk without trace.

keldsyke
23-03-2019, 08:58 PM
Well, Keldsyke, you clap along merrily whilst the ship sinks then.

As I asked what could have Ardley done different today from what you saw and who’s going to pay for it?

countygump
23-03-2019, 09:00 PM
Twist.

Apparently, Biggus Allus got a load of abuse from the fans as he made his way back to his car. Or so it says on faceache. I wasn't even aware he attended games anymore???

ForeignLegion
23-03-2019, 09:05 PM
As I asked what could have Ardley done different today from what you saw and who’s going to pay for it?

Al, obviously will have to pay for it. I live Down Under, so didn't see it, however, I can read, and what I'm reading is that he is not very astute tactically. Unfortunate, because I, like most others, wanted him to do well.

keldsyke
23-03-2019, 09:09 PM
Al, obviously will have to pay for it. I live Down Under, so didn't see it, however, I can read, and what I'm reading is that he is not very astute tactically. Unfortunate, because I, like most others, wanted him to do well.

There was plenty of effort today but the quality wasn’t in the final third, another change would be disastrous IMO.

irishpete
23-03-2019, 09:11 PM
I think the club will be in new hands b4 he has time to take that decision, hopefully. ����

You hearing things or praying?

jackal2
23-03-2019, 09:12 PM
Stick.

We've "happy clapped" the sacking of multiple managers since we were 4th in League One and we're now 24th in League Two. Go figure!

irishpete
23-03-2019, 09:14 PM
There was plenty of effort today but the quality wasn’t in the final third, another change would be disastrous IMO.

Effort is no good if you can't put the ball in the net.You don't get 3 pts for not scoring

MAD_MAGPIE
23-03-2019, 09:17 PM
Stick

The damage was done a long time ago.

At some point people need to realise that 39 times this season 11 players have crossed the white line and have delivered a winning result only 7 times under three different managers. They are ultimately responsible.

We had four attacking players up front on the pitch today, and arguably our best 11 out there. There is nothing more the manager could have done to give them a better chance of winning the game. The players failed and let their manager and the fans all down.

irishpete
23-03-2019, 09:19 PM
Stick.

We've "happy clapped" the sacking of multiple managers since we were 4th in League One and we're now 24th in League Two. Go figure!

There was managers sacked that even surprised fans at the end of the day.Short,Curle Allen to name a few.Fullerton was a joke of appointment.Kiwomya,personally I think was pushed into the job

irishpete
23-03-2019, 09:21 PM
Stick

At some point people need to realise that 39 times this season 11 players have crossed the white line and have delivered a winning result only 7 times under three different managers. They are ultimately responsible.

We had four attacking players up front on the pitch today, and arguably our best 11 out there. There is nothing more the manager could have done to give them a better chance of winning the game. The players failed and let their manager and the fans all down.

It's the manager who coaches them all week & talks tactics

keldsyke
23-03-2019, 09:23 PM
Effort is no good if you can't put the ball in the net.You don't get 3 pts for not scoring

Which is down to the players, as others have pointed out changing a manager does nothing, the problems are deeper. We haven’t got a pot to piss in and the wages are due on thursday, who if anyone would come into this. We have to stick what we have, it’s not Football Manager where it’s a game, it’s real life and unfortunately we have what we have and need to do the best with the resources we have.

JoePass
23-03-2019, 09:24 PM
Twist.

Apparently, Biggus Allus got a load of abuse from the fans as he made his way back to his car. Or so it says on faceache. I wasn't even aware he attended games anymore???

I witnessed that, totally unacceptable from foul mouthed morons, that really helped.

irishpete
23-03-2019, 09:27 PM
Which is down to the players, as others have pointed out changing a manager does nothing, the problems are deeper. We haven’t got a pot to piss in and the wages are due on thursday, who if anyone would come into this. We have to stick what we have, it’s not Football Manager where it’s a game, it’s real life and unfortunately we have what we have and need to do the best with the resources we have.

Thats the problem.The Chairman thought he was playing Football Manager.If the players aren't carrying out orders pull them off,drop them,give the kids a go.More worrying is the players then not listening to the manager.Has he lost it?

MAD_MAGPIE
23-03-2019, 09:29 PM
It's the manager who coaches them all week & talks tactics

Which is correct and can’t really be debated. I just think that the manager (whoever it is) can only go so far. He can’t legislate for players missing one on ones, or not getting stuck in or winning second balls, playing the right pass, losing possession in the final third from mistakes or sloppy passes. The hunger, fight passion and desire has to come from the individual players themselves. That’s the mental side of the game. You can have the best players in the world but if they are not mentally sharp or strong they won’t win football matches.

Sports Psychologists need to pay a visit to Meadow Lane quickly to get the players heads in the right place for the remaining seven games.

keldsyke
23-03-2019, 09:31 PM
Thats the problem.The Chairman thought he was playing Football Manager.If the players aren't carrying out orders pull them off,drop them,give the kids a go.More worrying is the players then not listening to the manager.Has he lost it?

This and it’s spot on:

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
Stick

The real issues need to be sorted at the end of the season and just hope we can get out of this mess with what we have.

BigFatPie
23-03-2019, 09:33 PM
Twist.

That group of players is far better than that attacking performance, and certainly better than 0 goals in 3 home games. Players come in play well, then turn crap.

We’ve got 7 games to save our league status and unbelievably, we are still only 3 points off. Get Allen in, blimey I’d even give Nolan another go.

Would I think Ardley’s even the man to get us out of ****ional League? Nah.

Riverleeno
23-03-2019, 09:33 PM
Stick

irishpete
23-03-2019, 09:36 PM
Which is correct and can’t really be debated. I just think that the manager (whoever it is) can only go so far. He can’t legislate for players missing one on ones, or not getting stuck in or winning second balls, playing the right pass, losing possession in the final third from mistakes or sloppy passes. The hunger, fight passion and desire has to come from the individual players themselves. That’s the mental side of the game. You can have the best players in the world but if they are not mentally sharp or strong they won’t win football matches.

Sports Psychologists need to pay a visit to Meadow Lane quickly to get the players heads in the right place for the remaining seven games.

You expect errors in a game,naturally enough,but the Manager watches the opposition,finds their weaknesses & plays to it.If someone is not pulling their weight haul them off,switch positions around,try something different.Your the boss,the buck stops with you

keldsyke
23-03-2019, 09:37 PM
I’m also wondering if playing at Meadow Lane is having an affect on the players in that they are scared to express themselves in case they make mistakes and the crowd turns on individual players?

irishpete
23-03-2019, 09:38 PM
[QUOTE=BigFatPie;39178793]Twist. , blimey I’d even give Nolan another go.
]

Hardy nearly did.The day after he sacked him

JoePass
23-03-2019, 09:40 PM
You expect errors in a game,naturally enough,but the Manager watches the opposition,finds their weaknesses & plays to it.If someone is not pulling their weight haul them off,switch positions around,try something different.Your the boss,the buck stops with you

This football manager game is so easy.

legs77
23-03-2019, 09:46 PM
I’m also wondering if playing at Meadow Lane is having an affect on the players in that they are scared to express themselves in case they make mistakes and the crowd turns on individual players?

Seems like they have that problem on all football pitches !

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
23-03-2019, 10:11 PM
The really worrying thing is a friend of mine witnessed hardy leaving the ground in a very upset state (didn’t we all) but said he appeared to of been crying !
Let’s hope it was just the cr@p performance that had upset him and not other possibilities going on inside the club !

JoePass
23-03-2019, 10:13 PM
The really worrying thing is a friend of mine witnessed hardy leaving the ground in a very upset state (didn’t we all) but said he appeared to of been crying !
Let’s hope it was just the cr@p performance that had upset him and not other possibilities going on inside the club !

Just the feral scum having a go at him.

jackal2
23-03-2019, 10:29 PM
Just the feral scum having a go at him.

Hardy's management of the club from a business point of view clearly hasn't been good, but it can't be said he hasn't invested in the team. In fact, the financial situation suggests he over-invested. It's the football professionals he has employed (and possibly overpaid) who have put us in the situation we are on the pitch and on the league.

Elite_Pie
23-03-2019, 10:34 PM
Difficult question which I'm struggling to answer. On the one side the constant sacking of managers has got us nowhere, but on the other side Ardley has done nothing to suggest he is worth persevering with.

I'd ask to 'phone a friend' if I had any.

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
23-03-2019, 11:39 PM

You would only argue with them if you had any !
I would take the 50/50 as at the minute it looks more 20/80 !

Lullapie
24-03-2019, 01:30 AM
I think at the end of the day, the Manager has to take the blame. He brought in his players in January and let Turley and Dennis go. He has had a fair crack at it. However, we have got to get away from this hire ‘em and fire ‘em attitude. Too many people connected with the club look for a fast fix for what has been happening over the last few years. This goes for owners and fans alike. We now look like we are going to be relegated, so let’s stick with Ardley and give him the support to get us back up.

slack_pie
24-03-2019, 06:29 AM
I witnessed that, totally unacceptable from foul mouthed morons, that really helped.

I think things will turn nasty soon enough. It may make the dying days of the Trew empire look like the good times.

slack_pie
24-03-2019, 06:30 AM
This football manager game is so easy.

Seems to be easier for every other club. Why is that?

slack_pie
24-03-2019, 06:34 AM
I'd probably stick just to avoid more chaos and negativity, plus another crippling payoff. But I do think he deserves to be sacked for the results and performances we've seen over the last few months.

We're as good as down anyway, so I'd replace him in the summer. Start afresh. Ardley looks like a broken man to me. He had a nightmare season at Wimbledon and it's just continued at Notts. He'll hopefully get another chance somewhere else and do well, but it's not working for him here. I really wish it had though.

McCullochisGod
24-03-2019, 07:58 AM
There was managers sacked that even surprised fans at the end of the day.Short,Curle Allen to name a few.Fullerton was a joke of appointment.Kiwomya,personally I think was pushed into the job

Kiwomya knifed Curle in the back...

McCullochisGod
24-03-2019, 08:01 AM
Difficult question which I'm struggling to answer. On the one side the constant sacking of managers has got us nowhere, but on the other side Ardley has done nothing to suggest he is worth persevering with.

Have you tried the Samaritan's or did they hang up on you?

McCullochisGod
24-03-2019, 08:02 AM
Hardy's management of the club from a business point of view clearly hasn't been good, but it can't be said he hasn't invested in the team. In fact, the financial situation suggests he over-invested. It's the football professionals he has employed (and possibly overpaid) who have put us in the situation we are on the pitch and on the league.

Ah yes his mates you mean. Fletcher, Enever, Mace all a complete waste of space.

irishpete
24-03-2019, 10:31 AM
Kiwomya knifed Curle in the back...

Spill the beans then,if its the truth

jackal2
24-03-2019, 10:41 AM
Ah yes his mates you mean. Fletcher, Enever, Mace all a complete waste of space.

No I mean the managers (predominantly Kevin Nolan) and the players they signed or retained with what was by common agreement a very competitive budget which should have made us promotion contenders.

Whatever Fletcher, Enever and Mace did, it was mostly behind the scenes, so I'm not in position to say whether their contribution was positive or negative. Were they party to the financial mess being created, did they fall out with Alan Hardy over the way he was managing the business, or did Fletcher in particular just leave in a sulk because Nolan got sacked?

McCullochisGod
24-03-2019, 10:44 AM

They had a sports psychologist. She was very good according to Alan, Kevin and Jon. Unfortunately not that good at psychology obviously.

irishpete
24-03-2019, 10:45 AM
They had a sports psychologist. She was very good according to Alan, Kevin and Jon. Unfortunately not that good at psychology obviously.

Good at what?:D

McCullochisGod
24-03-2019, 10:45 AM
No I mean the managers (predominantly Kevin Nolan) and the players they signed or retained with what was by common agreement a very competitive budget which should have made us promotion contenders.

Whatever Fletcher, Enever and Mace did, it was mostly behind the scenes, so I'm not in position to say whether their contribution was positive or negative. Were they party to the financial mess being created, did they fall out with Alan Hardy over the way he was managing the business, or did Fletcher in particular just leave in a sulk because Nolan got sacked?

Drinking partners weren't they?

GranthamPie
24-03-2019, 11:00 AM

He could’ve put Etete on, instead if old man Stead.

He could’ve put Remaye Campbell on, instead of Gomis.

He could’ve taken off that fcuking lazy bustard, Boldewijn, and replaced him with an inflatable dick left behind by the Mansfield supporters.

Woodypie
24-03-2019, 11:00 AM
I think Ardley has done nothing to merit being retained as manager next season. I would hope that a younger manager with some knowledge of the National League and its players is appointed. He might then have some idea about recruiting suitable players. It would also be good if he was prepared to give a few of our youngsters ago. I have never seen them play but guess some must have potential to shine, if actually given a chance.

irishpete
24-03-2019, 11:03 AM
I think Ardley has done nothing to merit being retained as manager next season. I would hope that a younger manager with some knowledge of the National League and its players is appointed. He might then have some idea about recruiting suitable players. It would also be good if he was prepared to give a few of our youngsters ago. I have never seen them play but guess some must have potential to shine, if actually given a chance.

Yep.You don't go to Spurs for a trial if your crap.Why won't he play the kids?

HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY
24-03-2019, 11:06 AM
I would hope that a younger manager with some knowledge of the National League and its players is appointed. He might then have some idea about recruiting suitable players.

Paul Cox ?

meoldlaner
24-03-2019, 11:07 AM
He could’ve put Etete on, instead if old man Stead.

He could’ve put Remaye Campbell on, instead of Gomis.

He could’ve taken off that fcuking lazy bustard, Boldewijn, and replaced him with an inflatable dick left behind by the Mansfield supporters.

Correct, correct, quality!

jackal2
24-03-2019, 11:13 AM
Yep.You don't go to Spurs for a trial if your crap.Why won't he play the kids?

Hmmm. In theory you should be right, but I remember the goalkeeper Fabian Speiss having a trial at Manchester United and where is he now? Last heard of at Nantwich Town according to his Wikipedia.

I have to agree though, Etete couldn't do any worse than the forward options on show yesterday. There's an argument that it's unfair to throw kids into such a pressure situation, but lads of his age sometimes know no fear. If it works, it could be the spark that keeps us up. If it doesn't, nobody is going to blame the kid for the damage done over the course of the season by a group of so-called "senior professionals".

Elite_Pie
24-03-2019, 11:34 AM
Hmmm. In theory you should be right, but I remember the goalkeeper Fabian Speiss having a trial at Manchester United and where is he now? Last heard of at Nantwich Town according to his Wikipedia.

Ah, but you are forgetting that he would now be a Premiership regular if he hadn't been ruined by poor coaching at Notts.

Just ask MiG.

crazyfists
24-03-2019, 11:42 AM
I'm with Elite on this one as in I'm not sure how much is Ardley's fault and how much the fault lies deep down in the club. I guess the question is do I think Ardley can get us out of this or would someone else do better?

I just don't know is my honest answer.

durhampie
24-03-2019, 02:24 PM
Stick.

Get rid he is useless...

Simon the Pieman
24-03-2019, 03:19 PM
Jackal's right. So much goes on we're not privy to. We all just don't know, but wouldn't it be nice to get some info. Even just an inkling. Right back to Johnny Walker. The DJ not the drink, although given what I saw yesterday.

gozzie321
24-03-2019, 03:35 PM
We cannot keep changing managers, we have had 3 this season and look where we are. On paper the players are more than capable at this level. There must be a more deep rooted problem at the club.

countygump
24-03-2019, 04:46 PM
We cannot keep changing managers, we have had 3 this season and look where we are. On paper the players are more than capable at this level. There must be a more deep rooted problem at the club.

Yeovil have sacked their manager. The way I see it, that's us done. We stand no chance with hopeless Ardley.

https://www.ytfc.net/news/2019/march/statement--darren-way/

ancientpie
24-03-2019, 05:06 PM
Get rid he is useless...

Just like the last 2? 4? 6? 8?, how many times should we sack the manager before we actually try "plan B" ? Unlike some who are now shouting for his head Ardley was never among my choices for manager but unless we have someone much more qualified ( I can only think of MadDog as a short term, possible quick fix if he is available) I see little point in changing at this point,I think that next season will sort it's self out.

i961pie
24-03-2019, 05:11 PM
I agree let's sack the manager cos it always works for us-- oh hang on a mo?

durhampie
24-03-2019, 05:24 PM
Just like the last 2? 4? 6? 8?, how many times should we sack the manager before we actually try "plan B" ? Unlike some who are now shouting for his head Ardley was never among my choices for manager but unless we have someone much more qualified ( I can only think of MadDog as a short term, possible quick fix if he is available) I see little point in changing at this point,I think that next season will sort it's self out.

We need to change because he will relegate us without doubt,,

countygump
24-03-2019, 05:24 PM
I agree let's sack the manager cos it always works for us-- oh hang on a mo?

It worked for us when MadDog came in.

It worked for us when Derry came in.

It worked for us when Nolan came in.

This is our league status, not being relegated from L1 to L2. Personally I would try ANYTHING to preserve that, as a manager with 4 wins in 20 won't cut it. As 'nice' as he might be.

jscarr
24-03-2019, 05:58 PM

This is our league status, not being relegated from L1 to L2. Personally I would try ANYTHING to preserve that, as a manager with 4 wins in 20 won't cut it. As 'nice' as he might be.

Agree. I don't usually want managers to be changed, but in this situation, I honestly feel our best chance of going on a decent run would be a change of manager.

ancientpie
25-03-2019, 04:55 PM

I'm afraid that by the time we have advertised the job, waded our way through the no hopers, had the initial interviews, said how amazed we are by the standard of applicant, formed a shortlist & then drew a name out of the hat, it will be to late (unless MadDog is available & willing) so we may as well stick, at least the effort was there on Saturday (Enzio & Hemmings apart) so it doesn't look like Ardley has lost the changing room, yet.