PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to Swindon then ?

Scanlon's Hatrick
10-04-2019, 06:42 AM
Probably depends on whether anything is riding on the game I know.

Impossible to predict given the unexpected results recently.

1. If we have been relegated - Do I want to see Notts in their final league game for at least a season?

400 Pies

2. If we are safe (yeah I know) - it would be great to have a few beers, sit back and just watch a game of football.

800 Pies

3. If we need something but fail to get it - do I want to potentially be one of those blokes you see on TV sitting with his head in his hands blubbering?

1200 Pies

4. If we need something and get it to stay up - good Lord what a day and trip home.

1200 Pies

I think it will be number 4, with some middle aged bloke sat with his head in his hands blubbering?

Looking forward to my trip to Gresty Road in the meantime.

Jesus, who writes these scripts?

nay123
10-04-2019, 07:37 AM
1 it's not the best place to travel to

GranthamPie
10-04-2019, 08:54 AM
Not a ****ing chance... I’ve spent enough money watching this crap.

slack_pie
10-04-2019, 08:59 AM
Jesus, who writes these scripts?

The football gods - and they seem to have it in for us.

I have a sneaking suspicion we might be relegated before the last game, or maybe as good as with our goal difference. Things can change so quickly at this stage. If we lose on Saturday and the other two teams win, it's looking bleak as ****.

It also looks like we'll need high 40s to stay up, which means we need promotion-winning form for the last 5 games. But how many times have we bottled it when we really needed a performance? We seem to be in a cycle of ****ing everything up, then randomly winning a couple once everyone has lost hope, then failing to capitalise on those wins and sinking back into an impossible position again. Why would it change now?

mattpie
10-04-2019, 09:16 AM
With that rail replacement bus in the rain on the way back from Gillingham (only to London) still fresh in the memory, I have cleared the diary with a heavy heart...

tommopie8
10-04-2019, 10:05 AM
Won't be going, went Gillingham away when we went down and not in a rush to repeat the journey. Think we'll be gone after the Grimsby game anyway.

Ben the Pie
10-04-2019, 01:11 PM
I'll be there, either to cheer on the Pies for the last time in the Football League, or to scream us to a staying up victory!! But really to try and negotiate the magic roundabout again...

Scanlon's Hatrick
10-04-2019, 01:41 PM
I'll be there, either to cheer on the Pies for the last time in the Football League, or to scream us to a staying up victory!! But really to try and negotiate the magic roundabout again...

I will be on one of the coaches so not my problem. It could be a very solemn journey home....

the_anticlough
10-04-2019, 02:27 PM
I'll be there, all arranged.
Chances are it'll be the decisive day and we will need something. Gulp!

TheBlackHorse
11-04-2019, 11:39 AM
... I'll be there to see us secure the point(s) to stay in the League. COYP!

ancientpie
11-04-2019, 04:24 PM
I'll be there, all arranged.
Chances are it'll be the decisive day and we will need something. Gulp!

I don't mind us needing something as long as it is in our own hands if so I will go but if we have to rely on other results I wont bother, I prefer to concentrate on the game rather than be glued to a radio/phone !!

Mark_Ross
11-04-2019, 07:37 PM
God-forsaken town / horrible ground, but I'm hoping to go as I would stay in my old town Bath (a beautiful city!) & would like to be there anyway for what could be our last ever league game.

sidders
12-04-2019, 06:50 AM
Pretty sure this fixture will be irrelevant because Notts' fate will have been decided previously. From the sombre tone of posters on this fred, I think the reality of relegation is dawning on folk. Even a 3-1-1 record from herein might not be enough to save us.

marky
14-04-2019, 10:16 AM
Didn't bother with Gillingham because I knew what was coming so won't go to Swindon either although I don't think it'll go to that game.

legs77
14-04-2019, 10:30 AM
Well as Macclesfield play Cambridge at home we'd need to be above them after Grimsby.

My prediction has been Notts / Yeovil for the drop for a while now and I am even more convinced of it after yesterday.

Scanlon's Hatrick
14-04-2019, 10:40 AM
God-forsaken town / horrible ground, but I'm hoping to go as I would stay in my old town Bath (a beautiful city!) & would like to be there anyway for what could be our last ever league game.

Talking about this on the train back from Crewe.
We will only probably go for this reason alone.
Sod the players they are a disgrace
We are going to support the club, whoever ends up owning it, managing it and playing for it.

Dunce
14-04-2019, 10:45 AM
If we do manage to go into this game with a slight chance, which I think is unlikely. I dread to think what will happen if we put in a woeful performance like yesterday.I noticed a very nasty side to some of our supporters yesterday. I fear there could be some major trouble if we ended up going there in large numbers and falling at the last. I do understand its bit an utterly w@@nk season, but some folk need to calm down. It aint worth busting a blood vessel over these wasters. As has been mentioned many times before, its the hope that kills you.

Big Bob
14-04-2019, 10:58 AM
None as we'll already be relegated

centenarypie
14-04-2019, 03:29 PM
I'll be going, i'm addicted, I can't give it up and i've tried a few times.
I enjoyed yesterday's game, Crewe played some lovely football and demonstrated what can be done on a shoe string.
They played like several teams in this league, with width and pace, and seem to know who does what and when.
Notts never seem to have any width to their play, it was really evident under Nolan but has not improved since he left.
No club has a divine right to a place in the EFL, not even the "oldest" League club and any team who consistently performs as we have deserves their fate. Irrespective I will be at Swindon and wherever the footballing gods decide next season. COYP

Pies4u
14-04-2019, 03:41 PM
I'll be on hols - somewhere in the Med, on board ship. Never anticipated that we might be playing our last match in the FL at Swindon when I booked it!

My final game of the season will be MKD on Fri - hoping the last match I see will result in victory but have no real faith that it will.

Would love to be at Swindon even tho' I fear we will already be relegated by then.

optipez
14-04-2019, 04:03 PM
I was for definite but after yesterday's efforts not sure.

ancientpie
14-04-2019, 04:31 PM
I'll be going, i'm addicted, I can't give it up and i've tried a few times.
I enjoyed yesterday's game, Crewe played some lovely football and demonstrated what can be done on a shoe string.
They played like several teams in this league, with width and pace, and seem to know who does what and when.
Notts never seem to have any width to their play, it was really evident under Nolan but has not improved since he left.
No club has a divine right to a place in the EFL, not even the "oldest" League club and any team who consistently performs as we have deserves their fate. Irrespective I will be at Swindon and wherever the footballing gods decide next season. COYP

Fantastic post which just about sums most "addicts" feelings up, Crewe like many sides in this league play much better football than us & seem to have little problem not getting relegated,unfortunately probably due to being born in the wrong place I am a Notts fan & will only go to Swindon if our fate is in our hands & this is looking more & more unlikely. I will however be back next season,COYP.

Mark_Ross
15-04-2019, 08:01 PM
Fantastic post which just about sums most "addicts" feelings up, Crewe like many sides in this league play much better football than us & seem to have little problem not getting relegated,unfortunately probably due to being born in the wrong place I am a Notts fan & will only go to Swindon if our fate is in our hands & this is looking more & more unlikely. I will however be back next season,COYP.

It seems weird.... why are we so incredibly bad? On paper the players don't look pi55 poor....

But then again, look at who has "bit the dust" before - Lincoln, Slags and - most like us I guess - our old mates Bristol Rovers.

durhampie
15-04-2019, 08:25 PM
I will be there regardless of prior results..

Scanlon's Hatrick
16-04-2019, 06:45 AM
Me too, on the organised coaches.

Must be mad, but it's something I have to do.

Ben the Pie
17-04-2019, 08:57 PM
Yep, I'm with you, just have to do it. Let's see where we are by then - I think we all hold the same fears - big Easter coming up...