PDA

View Full Version : As you were...

SwalePie
19-04-2019, 03:59 PM
Same situation as before the MK game kicked off but with one game less to play. Can someone please nail the cupboard where the fat lady lives shut?

sidders
19-04-2019, 04:02 PM
Oh please, the poor thing's got cancer of the lungs and liver. Do the decent thing and take away it's suffering. Pass the hypodermic, please, nurse.

upthemaggies
19-04-2019, 04:08 PM
If Notts were a patient in a critical condition and in desperate need of a life saving operation, Ardley is a f****** faith healer. We need a proper qualified surgeon NOW!

Mark_Ross
19-04-2019, 04:11 PM
Could we not just be put out of our misery for gawds sake?

Yes , we are still mathematically not relegated. But to be out of the drop zone come 4th May we need to win games, which as about as likely as snow in July.

BanjoPie
19-04-2019, 04:32 PM

Yes , we are still mathematically not relegated. But to be out of the drop zone come 4th May we need to win games, which as about as likely as snow in July.

"actually, it did snow in June in 1975"

i961pie
19-04-2019, 04:46 PM
If Notts were a patient in a critical condition and in desperate need of a life saving operation, Ardley is a f****** faith healer. We need a proper qualified surgeon NOW!

Just as a matter of interest who do you think sacks him and who do you think hires a new man?
Where does the money come from to pay Ardley off and to pay the new bloke?

Davy500
19-04-2019, 04:48 PM
"actually, it did snow in June in 1975"

Ardley is a joke of a manager leading us to the abyss

Did you hear his post match interview- the boys gave it their all - try defending from set pieces, basic stuff. macc and yeovil lose 2 matches on the run, and he blows it twice for us to get out of trouble

I doubt notts will win any of their last 3 matches. and if one of the other 2 teams wins one of theirs we are done, thanks clown ardley

upthemaggies
19-04-2019, 04:48 PM
Just as a matter of interest who do you think sacks him and who do you think hires a new man?
Where does the money come from to pay Ardley off and to pay the new bloke?

I made this point on another thread, that he most likely hasn't been sacked for that very reason.

Bohinen
19-04-2019, 04:50 PM

The DNAR form is already in place.

countygump
19-04-2019, 05:11 PM

This^^^

We live to fight another week. Plenty of effort today but very little ability on show. Thought we might be able to scratch out a draw but it wasn't to be. Truth is we couldn't win playing against 6 men never mind 11, merely postpones the inevitable, IMO.

bridpie78
19-04-2019, 05:19 PM
Taking a positive out of today we didnt help our neighbours much with their promotion push, their fate may just come down to the final day in a tasty looking head to head with MKdonalds i dont know who id rather lose that one!!

Freeman25
19-04-2019, 05:25 PM
I made this point on another thread, that he most likely hasn't been sacked for that very reason.

This is exactly why he hasn't been sacked imo, he's been far worse than anyone else we've had this season and the excuse of "we've got to stick with someone eventually" is a load of cr*p, you do whatever gives the club the biggest chance of staying up and someone else at the helm would give us the biggest shot imo.

slack_pie
19-04-2019, 05:40 PM
Taking a positive out of today we didnt help our neighbours much with their promotion push, their fate may just come down to the final day in a tasty looking head to head with MKdonalds i dont know who id rather lose that one!!

Mansfield are going up. That's as clear as the fact we're going down.

M1cksut
19-04-2019, 05:42 PM
Mansfield are going up. That's as clear as the fact we're going down.

sort of balances out, really.

upthemaggies
19-04-2019, 05:46 PM
Over 2k more spectators at Notts than at Mansfield today and yet we're about to fall two divisions behind them.

sidders
19-04-2019, 06:04 PM
Over 2k more spectators at Notts than at Mansfield today and yet we're about to fall two divisions behind them.

And that's probably wearing your most optimistic glasses.

slack_pie
19-04-2019, 06:22 PM
sort of balances out, really.

I don't think you've played in a higher division than us at any point in my life, and I'm in my mid thirties. And we've been awful for going on decades. So yeah, congratulations.

upthemaggies
19-04-2019, 06:26 PM
I don't think you've played in a higher division than us at any point in my life, and I'm in my mid thirties. And we've been awful for going on decades. So yeah, congratulations.

I'm pretty sure it will be the first time since 1970/71.

Masson4
19-04-2019, 07:29 PM
I'm pretty sure it will be the first time since 1970/71.

That set me thinking. 1970/71 was a great season or Notts as Jimmy's revolution go under way. Worthy champions of th Fourth Division with a record or two broken along the way. Mansfield finished 7th in the Third Division that year.